Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please bare with me, "feelings" make me antsy and I babble and I don't want to leave anything out but this is so important to me. I am a female 8 and I like a male 5. We have been talking online for 6 months and have about 10 thousand messages back and forth. (I must be ok? lol) He's not flirty or sexual when we talk which is good because who wants a relationship that revolves just around that. Even though I'm an 8, I do like for a guy to take the lead so I just follow suit and we don't go there. But this also makes it hard for me to tell if he likes me or he just wants to be friends.

We live like a thousand miles away, normally I can pick up on things like body language but obviously not online. I am normally so blunt but with stuff like this I freeze up. (I don't want to be rejected.) I don't know how to date or even go about this long distance. I would move far far away to be with someone like him. He is so awesome, like I wonder what it is he even sees in me, or maybe he doesn't.

If I had met him in a dating site then it's obvious but I met him in a random Facebook group. I talk to him for sure everyday but sometimes a couple hours at night. Lately we have both been a little awkward like I am wondering if he likes me and I don't want to say anything dumb and I'm freezing up. (Maybe he's doing the same thing?) I tend to over think things so maybe he doesn't even feel the same. I like him so hard it hurts.

Anyway, I've read a lot of posts on this page and I've come to figure out 5's are SO stuck in their own head that you literally probably don't know if a 5 likes you or not. Maybe I do the same thing when it comes to my feelings, especially at first.

If I was in an online dating site, I would just say it and oh well if they reject me. With him, he's so great, I always want him in my life even if all he wants is an online friendship (I want more) but I don't want to scare him off. In my head, I'm like a bull in a china shop, this is making me crazy. Maybe I'm in my stress (5) and we are both just watching each other and nothing is going to happen if we are both just observing each other? ahhh

Q1- How can I tell if he likes me? Or is there no way to know?

Q2- As a 5 would you prefer the other person tells you how they feel first?
(I want him to feel like he can take the lead because he's a guy and I'm aware I can be intense)

Q3- If I do tell him how I feel, I know he likes to gather his thoughts first so how should I tell him?
(I don't want to scare him away, and I want him to be able to collect his thoughts. I'm cool with how he is and I can be patient but this is like killing me.)

Btw, we are in our early 30's but I feel like a 5th grader about this.

·
Registered
790 Posts
1. Yes.
2. Four
3. Maybe.

Meet him and then see what happens.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts