Personality Cafe banner

Sexuality (basic)

Type 5w4 sexuality

10K views 15 replies 16 participants last post by  StarCandy 
#1 ·
I was inspired by a thread, posted by Shadowolf in the INTP forum, to attempt to find out if there is any correlation between enneagram 5w4 and someone's sexual orientation. The majority of INTPs that I have talked to who are 5w4 have been pansexual or asexual (both often find gender insignificant). Maybe this is just because I am more inclined to be aware of these people, being pansexual myself, I don't know. In any case, I am curious to see how the results of this poll might compare to the results of Shadowolf's. Perhaps people from other personality types could also start polls in their own forums and see how those results compare.... and, of course, I know that there is a significantly large margin of error here. Just having some fun. :)

I'de love to hear how you believe MBTI and enneagrams play into your own sexuality.

And hey!, I'm not that knowledgeable about this stuff, so if you have any tidbits of information, feel free to share.

I'm an INTP, I just like to understand things. lol

#2 ·
Asexual here :)

but you're wrong about asexuals finding gender significant since most asexuals identify as heteroromantic asexual, homoromantic and biromantic. Panromantic and aromatic asexauls are no that majority.

#3 ·
I didn't answer the poll because I'm not really sure where I would fall. I tend to see things on a fluid spectrum. So far all my experiences have been heterosexual, however I am sexually attracted to people of all genders, but so far I've only been interested in having a long term relationship with men.

I personally think my sexuality has more to do with genetic makeup, but I think my having a type 5 personality makes it easier for me to compartmentalize casual relationships when I have them. I tend to find my sex drive is mid-high range.

I believe I'm INFP, however I don't know much about MBTI either than the very basics.

#5 ·
Mostly hetero sexual but more than incidentally homosexual. I tend to gravitate towards men sexually more easily but there have been women I have been interested in and also those who are sort of sexually ambiguous attract me also. I'm an istp 5w4

Relationship wise I've only had LTR with men thus far.

#6 ·
My romantic experiences are very asexual-ish. Meaning I come across very stiff and not engaging with a potential partner, very poor at initiating anything romantic; I could and am okay with openly saying things but bewildered by the norms in dating. Mostly my attractions are to men(so heterosexual), but I'm not denying the beauty of a woman. So I dont know. I admire both men and women, but I gravitate towards men more.

#7 ·
I guess I am biromantic heterosexual. I had never heard of those romantic classifications before.
I had confusions about my sexuality up until my late teen years.
I was only attracted to guys romantically and not sexually for the longest time, even after becoming sexually active.
This made me think I may be asexual or bisexual. So I experimented with girls and found out I am definitely not sexually attracted to them. I've said before that I could see myself having a very fulfilling romantic relationship with another female if there were no sex involved.
I like being romantically affectionate with people I am close to. To me, even kissing can be nice. Just not like making out kind of kissing. Going on "girl dates" and cuddling, being sweet and kinda flirty with each other, I do like.

#10 ·
I'm bisexual/pansexual and slightly demisexual? Type 5w4 and XNFX (though I go by INFP for now. I am mostly introverted, exceptionally so, except I am more than willing to speak up about something when necessary, an aggressive person, etc.).

#14 ·
I love boys :th_love: :th_love:

I'm also in love with Natalie Portman and various other women.

Heterosexual and biromantic??? I'll just stick with heterosexual, if I want to feel like a special snowflake I'll refer to myself as being heteroflexible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.