Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
INFJ 4w3 sp/sx
1,553 Posts
Me too as I feel I'm close to having one at times.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Me too as I feel I'm close to having one at times.
Yeah, sometimes i feel like i'm going insane or something. I fear watching too much anime or not talking face to face with people for too long and become too apart from reality, which leads to unpleasant experiences when life eventually forces me back out of my head.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well, here you go. I've had small psychotic breaks. They've occurred when I've been really anxious and would have extreme or catastrophic thoughts pop into my head, and believed them because they "felt" real, which made me more anxious, which made even more bizarre catastrophic thoughts pop up, which I also believed because they "felt" real... it would get to be a vicious cycle where my thoughts became increasingly rapid and detached from reality until they crossed the line into crazy, and I'd briefly believe I could communicate telepathically or was going to save the world with my grandiose theories or something equally improbable.

It was terrifying at the time but now that I understand it better I have a real sense of humor about it, and I'm no longer afraid I'm going to go crazy or lose my mind. I know that when I'm dealing with a lot of anxiety and extreme thoughts come up I shouldn't take them seriously, no matter how real they feel. I just tell myself, This is what my brain does; the world isn't scary or out of control, I only feel like it is because I've got a ton of emotions I'm trying to avoid feeling or dealing with right now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts