Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, guys! I'm a six, like you. In trying to understand myself, I've often wondered about other sixes. So if you wouldn't mind being extremely (or only a little) open with me, could you answer the following questions? I'll answer them, too:

- How did you grow up?
- How did you realize you were a six?
- What made you want to know your personality type?
- How has knowing your enneagram type affected your life?

Thank you for your time and consideration!

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts

- How did you grow up?

Poor in a high crime rate neighborhood with a highly dysfunctional family with a lot of drug addicts in it.

It was suggested to me in the please type me forum and it fit like a glove. previously I though i was an 8w7

Do you mean tritype, enneagram type or MBTI?

I wanted to know my tritype because none of the ones for the type 8 fit me.

I got turned on to enneagram and MBTI when I first go to college and was mistyped as ENTJ for 4 years.

It pulled the veil from over my eyes and made me recognize my true nature which I had somehow disconnected from years ago.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply!

I grew up in a family that was pretty much built on our addictions and abuse. I figured out I was a six when I went to see an Enneagram coach to try and make myself better and dig myself out of depression. I wanted to learn my personality types... MBTI because I thought it was interesting, and Enneagram because, as I said, I wanted to get better. Learning my Enneagram has been a relief to me because I finally have something to follow, and to lean on to when I am thinking too much that I can't see straight anymore.

I'm INFP and 6w5.

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts
Thanks for your reply!

I grew up in a family that was pretty much built on our addictions and abuse. I figured out I was a six when I went to see an Enneagram coach to try and make myself better and dig myself out of depression. I wanted to learn my personality types... MBTI because I thought it was interesting, and Enneagram because, as I said, I wanted to get better. Learning my Enneagram has been a relief to me because I finally have something to follow, and to lean on to when I am thinking too much that I can't see straight anymore.

I'm INFP and 6w5.
Are you phobic or counterphobic?

·
Registered
38 Posts
- How did you grow up?
I'm an army brat, an only child and an only grandchild so I'm pretty much spoilt and quite self centered.

I always test as a 5w6 sp so and although it fit it didn't really fit, I read an article which said that 6w5s can mistype as 5w6 sp so I had a look at the 6w5 descriptions and they explained a lot of my behaviours and desires which contradicted my MBTI type.

Curiosity, no real reason for it.

It hasn't really, I can explain a lot of my quirks which used to baffle me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts