Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How often do you daydream? about what? do you like it?, about the future? about things that never will happen?

Reactions: Swordsman of Mana

·
Banned
17,781 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
I live my life in my head, thinking about everything and anything. If I spend too much time doing concrete things I get very tired, stressed out, & irritable.

·
Registered
20 Posts
First off, define "daydream"...

I have a (barely) six-year-old who says she "daydreams" a lot. I asked her to tell me exactly what she meant by that...

She said that she has so many ideas in her head that she sometimes doesn't hear what other people around her are saying.

Seems like a fair enough definition to me...

·
Banned
17,781 Posts

I have a (barely) six-year-old who says she "daydreams" a lot. I asked her to tell me exactly what she meant by that...

She said that she has so many ideas in her head that she sometimes doesn't hear what other people around her are saying.

your daughter is an Ne dom

·
Banned
2,198 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Im refering it as the concept of imagining scenarios or systems, or anything else but putting them below reality when youre daydreaming.

·
Registered
168 Posts
When I'm not engaged by anything or when I'm engaged by something I enjoy I sometimes prefer to live it out in my head instead of relishing the 'realness' of it if that makes any sense =\.

Daydream mostly about things I don't have yet. Circle of really good friends whom I have intense family like connections with, fantasy/magic/supernatural, crises and how I would calmly behave in them, being modest (yes, I daydream about this stuff lol), helping others, explaining my rationale in imaginary scenarios e.g. I don't really want to climb the corporate ladder because... or I don't want to be seen as a leader because... (relates to power and image). Daydream about romance too.

Alot of what I dream about seem to be future realities if I put in effort but the supernatural fantasy side of stuff prob won't come about :tongue:

·
Registered
678 Posts
All day long, all my life. Is it normal to daydream constantly? I never lose touch with the reality, I just love playing with my thoughts. It's usually about being with my imaginary soul mates and our dangerous heroic adventures. Sometimes I deal with depression and tough situations by imagining myself dealing with worse versions of bad things happening to me.

I wonder how many 7s daydream a lot. It's an escape mechanism so it seems like it must be strongly connected to this type.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
All the time. If my thoughts are more interesting than what's going on around me, then why not? Daydreaming provides you something new to experience just by thinking about it. You can't always get that in the physical world.

·
Banned
733 Posts
Constantly. I don't do well with tasks that are repetitive because I tend to zone out and lose track of detail; when doing filing/accounting work, attention to detail is imperative.

I don't so much daydream as lose myself thinking about problems and theories. ie, I think earlier today I was pondering something I read about string theory while filing invoices but I don't actually remember anymore. Nor do I recall what exactly I was filing, come to think of it.

I'm an INTP 7w6 though so it's probably different for me than for extroverted types.

·
Registered
39 Posts
How often do you daydream? about what? do you like it?, about the future? about things that never will happen?
7w8 sx speaking: Ask me how often I DON'T daydream? And I would say, almost never. I just have a billion of ideas coming to my mind all the time. Some are fueled by anxiety (sometimes exaggerated) sometimes by excitement. But all this can be exhausting, because there is always that temptation of starting 25.000 projects, and exploring all possibilities. It is draining.

Usually, I think about future possibilities (mostly the most positive outcome), and means to achieve them. I also tend to think about failures in the past and how it could have been avoided.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts