Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 1797 Posts

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
developmental / shut down / activate / Keep the 9s I don't love away from me.

Something
to do with pleasure
Something
to do with fun

There's little inbuilt
defense
so you
never ever run

(keep leaning into)

something
to do on the weekend
something
to do with throe

Haven't you learnt
to
brace against
it
ever since your birth?

There's
no pain

What pain?

Beloved
safe confusion
Really. that's all.
Cos it's

Something
to do with panic
Something
to do with crime

But you weren't
even horrified
slightly
at the time

Razor wire in cling wrap
µm from your insides
When shit rains
upon you
would you never
scream and hide?

never ever
(Of course my child'd tell me,)
(my child will tell me,)
(tell me always)

(any-any al-ways)

When you
st-ay ambivalent you
will never ever run
never ever
never ever
never ever
never ever

run.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Life would roughly be 500% better for everyone around me if they didn't take me so goddamned seriously all the time. Also feels like this a good chunk of the time:
"Oh look, he's existing happily outside the mold society's fleshed out for him. Time to bust out the hemlock."
....wow, you literally posted EXACTLY what I was going to say :bored:

seriously though, people need to learn the difference between when someone is just saying crazy shit and when they're actually serious (I know it's easy for me to tell the difference, is it harder for other types?)

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
City Watch House in Old Melbourne Goal Has a jail cell just like that

Padded wall
Padded ceiling
and a bare bottom floor

my cranium's got a crack
from your
design flaws

Head shots bleed a lot yeah
head shots bleed a lot

they feed me crunchy sprinkles
till I wake up good and strong

Please put me in space
Please, please put me in space

see if I expand
like marshmallows
when the air's stripped out

because I'm made of jelly
wobbly melty rusty

sprinkles tell me how
I see things
clear and wrong

Reactions: Holunder

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Our vice is narcissism.

Upon reading the article, I fail to see how narcissism is a vice.
My favorite ever quote from a 7 regarding his enneagram type:

"What's wrong with being a narcissist? :proud:"

·
[dis]illusioned
3,580 Posts
Why can't people keep up with the barrage of ideas I'm jovially trying to stuff down their throats?

I really want to write a wall of endless text, read about 4 novels, watch a movie, play a video game, study, and go to sleep... all at the same time.

Currently floating like a dozen ideas/plans in my head. Will probably get nothing done, however and just end up eating out of compulsion and wasting time on the internet. Running around in circles might be involved. Headstands are a possibility, too.

Coffee in a type 7 seems redundant/unnecessary.

I need to FOCUS!!!! Yaaargh.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Counselling session. Oh joy.

Stay serious

Stay serious

Stay serious

Ah damn I just interrupted her to say that I can hang back and listen if only in situations where it’s over text messaging.

There is no justifiable need to act cute, nor be intentionally dense.

Semantics are unimportant. The fact that I care afterwards, upon reflection indicates desire for improvement in x area. Reminding her of my obliviousness in the present moment becomes more or less irrelevant.

1 minute left. Must Cease arguing over my motives and complete the damn form. Informing her that my hesitance to plot down a point on the rate-her-helpfulness scale carries no weighing of her emotions, and continuing to arguing over whether I care about other people in general past no-serious-infliction-of-harm (“But you do!” “But I only paid attention because they were a close friend who had suicide attempts and 1 or 2 diagnosed mental illness under their belt.”), or what criteria to evaluate it under given that I barely had any other comparable experiences (what baseline am I using?) etc. is quite possibly over-thinking.

Told to plonk the point in the middle. There, baseline.

I have no intention of accidentally sitting in her lap. That should be sufficient deterrent for me to pay attention to the concept of personal space. I can read the email she’s about to send me later. Remember to reduce frequency of leaning over shoulders.

Theory: that was an IXFJ.

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ni-dom 7's are too rare for how fucking unbearably attractive and desirable they are.

Fuck.
I know one. He's pretty fucking unbearable. The level of 'desirable' and 'attractive' he is, is actually deeply sickening. He breaks hearts with his eyes.

·
Banned
4,227 Posts
Ni-dom 7's are too rare for how fucking unbearably attractive and desirable they are.

Fuck.
You're fine as is, don't fantasize it.

Most 7's and Ni people are screwheads in some way, and when you put the two together, people look at you like you're trying to speak fucking Mandarin. How the hell can you possibly think that what I said isn't simple as night and day? I've spent 10 minutes trying to piece it together so it makes perfect sense, so by now it's your issue for not getting the message.

Most people are put off by it, because by the time you finally synthesize what you want to say, it's blunt but still very abstract. You have to learn to not care and say it anyway. Maybe the INFJ have a secret for dealing with it differently. @AppleKore?

·
[dis]illusioned
3,580 Posts
Maybe the INFJ have a secret for dealing with it differently. @AppleKore?
I find another INFJ 7 who doesn't mind if we throw ideas upon ideas at each other in a seemingly endless barrage (So far, 9 glorious pages of wild, abstract conjecture and TL;DR posts about the mysteries of the universe). Ni has this habit for finding universal truths or craving unification of theory, so my "idea ball" that colors my world-view is like this quilt of random concepts that I've stitched together. I suppose my Fe makes it more humanities focused. It's all very clear to me, if a bit eclectic and tough to translate for people who aren't on the same wavelength.

Concepts of McLuhan media theory, comparative mythology, postmodernism, enneagram, Jung, fiction, physics, etc. are all merged into different facets of a much more universal truth.

Ni + 7 may very well be the ultimate generalist.

My type is INFJ (Ni-dom is best fit at any rate), although sometimes I toy around as INTP/ENTP even though I don't Ne very well.

·
Banned
4,227 Posts
@Figure that's right, you're an INTJ 7 also? That means I know TWO. You unbearably sickeningly attractive Ni 7s. ;)
It's going to take more than that to butter me up tigerwoman.

Ni + 7 may very well be the ultimate generalist.

My type is INFJ (Ni-dom is best fit at any rate), although sometimes I toy around as INTP/ENTP even though I don't Ne very well.
Generally speaking, yeah, I agree :)

You know, it's interesting, Naranjo (who I sometimes think is a dumbass and given far too much credibility) actually equates 7 to Ni, so it's not far off. I find that a bit contradictory, because Ni is about depth, and 7 is about variety - you'd have to have quite the superhuman to have both just by virtue of personality. The only way it works out is, like you alluded, that you get someone who sees depth, but doesn't always focus enough on the details that would actually pop it into something real. You get very rich, beautiful ideas that really need facts, and usually only get rationalization.

I think 7 INFJ and INTJ get a lot less of the optimistic yapshit, and more of the future planning.

Are you typed as a 7, or still a 4-7-1? I know an ENFP 4-7-1 and that tritype seems like it would drive someone nuts - triple frustration.

·
[dis]illusioned
3,580 Posts
You know, it's interesting, Naranjo (who I sometimes think is a dumbass and given far too much credibility) actually equates 7 to Ni, so it's not far off. I find that a bit contradictory, because Ni is about depth, and 7 is about variety - you'd have to have quite the superhuman to have both just by virtue of personality. The only way it works out is, like you alluded, that you get someone who sees depth, but doesn't always focus enough on the details that would actually pop it into something real. You get very rich, beautiful ideas that really need facts, and usually only get rationalization.

I think 7 INFJ and INTJ get a lot less of the optimistic yapshit, and more of the future planning.

Are you typed as a 7, or still a 4-7-1? I know an ENFP 4-7-1 and that tritype seems like it would drive someone nuts - triple frustration.
I've read that type 7 gives an Ne flavor to Ni-users. For a while, I actually toyed around as an XNTP, because I could do things like create this really long chain of associations and could jump from one idea to another. But invariably, I end up slipping back into Ni's conspiracy theories that see the same patterns *Everywhere*. "Just when I think I'm out, Ni pulls me right back in." Kind of drives me nuts... I'll try my best to escape a pattern of thought, only to have it creep up on me again. I'll jump from one idea to another, but somehow find connections stitching them all together. It's like: WTF is going on here, Universe? A lot of the connections are more in line with synchronicity and based off of meaning, metaphors, and conceptual harmony (i.e., seeing the phoenix's life/death motif everywhere, duality, pairs of opposites, transcendence beyond those pairs, balance, duality, duality... lots of duality).

4 still fits better as my core. I've just struggled the most with shame and inadequacy. But... once the shackles of 4 come off, the 7 comes out to play, typically as a relentless Monsoon. I mistyped as 5-fix for about a year, but I think my energy progression is the opposite. I feel like type 5 "builds up" its energy and is more methodical/starts out reserved (i.e., line to 8), whereas type 7 is more like: Explode to release a torrential downpour of energy and "cool off" to its 5 integration.

7 was actually one of the last types I considered across the board because a lot of the descriptions make them seem like extroversion is a requirement.

I have a really bad habit of future fixation. I'll be reading one book, but my mind is looking forward to another one (or on food, video games, writing, foruming, etc.). But even if I switch to what I was yearning for, my mind starts fixating on something else. Never satisfied, like a hamster spinning and spinning in a wheel but getting nowhere.

1-fix is still in the air, but I've definitely started accepting it more. I was actually pretty discouraged upon realizing it fit so well and was reluctant to even consider it. But I think owning up to my resentment of others has helped me be bit a more cognizant of my flaws (the 7-fix's Hakunamata positivity has helped balance things out, I think). I kinda *wish* I was a 9... I *wish* I had Indifference, but I find myself pretending to be indifferent even though my resentment actually eats away at me inside (especially with things like others' emotional incompetence or pity-mongering... never tell it to their faces; or at least very rarely).

I originally mistyped as 459, but I was way too fixated on being triple ego (i.e., the behavior of being extremely withdrawn). It was actually kind of an excuse for my withdrawn behavior. At first, I thought 471 was just too "out there" to be a possibility (especially since I don't fit some of the stereotypes of 1 and 7), but the fixations and progression just clicked so much better.

Reactions: Figure

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Do 7s like dating other 7s? Is this another manifestation of narcissism? :laughing:

Other 8s can make great pals but the thought of dating one makes me puke.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Do 7s like dating other 7s? Is this another manifestation of narcissism? :laughing:
according to just me >
Bit hard to say no to "I just want someone to take out and have a good time with!"
Not every 7's the same. As long as there's something else to learn from. Er, theoretically.
(I've had a 7w6 like me briefly given I was "crazy and easygoing". Turned down - too mild, sitcom-y general appeal, lack of common hobbies / ...& I've met another ENFP who I probably wouldn't have minded were they a lot younger. Admired them for assertiveness - all that emotional adorableness up top, and then underneath: absolute steel. i.e. funfunrandomnessIcan'twrapmyheadaroundenthusiamfun-MORALOUTRAGE-funfunfun )

[/QUOTE]

Other 8s can make great pals but the thought of dating one makes me puke.
Would you be willing to explain?

Reactions: Animal

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Would you be willing to explain?
- I like ethereal, magical men. 8s rarely fall into this category.
- I want someone who pushes me to places I've never been, challenges me to grow. Someone with my own pitfalls and strengths does not fall into this category.
- I'm not into tough guys/ brutes/ braggers. 8s often fall into this category.
- Anyone who thinks he's in charge of me is in for a grave disappointment.

Here's something I wrote on this topic the other day:

http://personalitycafe.com/type-8-forum-challenger/134483-type-8-confessions-92.html#post4047942

1 - 20 of 1797 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.