Personality Cafe banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!

So my partner is a type 4w3 and we think I may be a 7 but not really sure.

Anyway, i've always been narcissistic and self centred - its a major pattern. I don't really feel bad about this but i'm pretty sure it disgusts my mother. My mother would always go out of her way to help people when I was young and she's a nurse so she's all loving and caring.

I lack empathy big time but have always thought there must be something wrong with me because of this. I don't really care about people.

Not sure if this is a type 7 thing???? :rolleyes::rolleyes::eek:h:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Apparently narcissism is a thing for 7. It probably depends on a lot of things though. I can show or feel some narcissism, but overall I have a tendency to be too empathic (probably 6 wing, and being hypervigilent about others, wanting approval & safety. Ugh.) For me it's always felt like having two people inside me battling for the throne!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks for bringing this up!

I have an ENFp friend who is extremely self-centered and self-serving (ie uses people to get what she wants and has no problem doing it). She also has an explosive temper. I think she is SO first (lacks depth and has many superficial relationships). She really identifies with 7...I think if she is a 7, she's a 7w8, but she says the 7w6 resonates with her more.

I am an ENFp-Ne 7w6 sx who can be wrapped up in my own life sometimes and talk/dominate the conversations too much with sharing my ideas and plans for fun/exciting activities in the future, but I am definitely considerate towards others and make it a point not to use people to get what I want.

How are she and I so different, yet type so similarly?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
693 Posts
You're in denial. You say you're narcisstitic and everyone around you knows that but you don't want to acknowledge it. You feel like your behavior can be excused, you're a psychopath and a narcissist. You need help in my opinion, and later you can figure out the enneagram but first get help

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks for bringing this up!

I have an ENFp friend who is extremely self-centered and self-serving (ie uses people to get what she wants and has no problem doing it). She also has an explosive temper. I think she is SO first (lacks depth and has many superficial relationships). She really identifies with 7...I think if she is a 7, she's a 7w8, but she says the 7w6 resonates with her more.

I am an ENFp-Ne 7w6 sx who can be wrapped up in my own life sometimes and talk/dominate the conversations too much with sharing my ideas and plans for fun/exciting activities in the future, but I am definitely considerate towards others and make it a point not to use people to get what I want.

How are she and I so different, yet type so similarly?

Thanks!!!
Hi, I think that Naranjo's descriptions of instinctual types might come handy, I'll give you a small synopsis:

Sexual 7 (Fascination/Naiveness): the least "earthly" of the 7s, his gluttony is focused more on "higher" things. He's in love with the
world (I'm OK, you're OK, everything's alright), sees reality through colored glasses, idealize and embellish what is common, look at things with the optimism of someone who is in love. Easily fascinated, fascinates easily. Head in the clouds. Daydreamer.

Social 7 (Sacrifice): the countertype, is oriented toward sacrificing his own gluttony (trying to counter his desires) in the name of a higher ideal (being a better person, living in a better world). Apparently, he doesn't want to use/take advantage of other persons and don't want to be attached to their own desires. But his gluttony still persists as a need to be recognised as an extremely good person. He's aware of his own desire to manipulate/take advantage, and fights his own self. Wants to be perceived as pure, acts as a good guy to not show what he feels like he truly is. Idealist.

Self Preservation 7 (Family): the more materialistic manifestation of gluttony. Seeks food, drinking, sexual gratificaton, economical wealth, personal profit through clever planning. Opportunist. Always "vigilant", seeking for advantages, clever in hiding his own interests. Selfish. Creates alliances, a gang, with the idea "I'll take care of you, you'll take care of me", but there is (denied) opportunism behind , the real purpose of creating the "family" is having his own self preservation needs met. "Mafia-like" mentality. Mind is always receptive for good occasions, so he doesn't miss them. Can resemble or be mistyped as an 8. Pragmatist.

·
Not Banned Yet
INTJ _ 9w8 _ Sp/sx _ LIE - Ni _ VLEF
3,732 Posts
I dont know about 7s in general i thought that was a ENTP thing.
Im a 7w8 and the only times im going to help someone, is when he is on my way (Im doing something similar he does and i ve progressed more than him) or if he is close to me and really needs help.
In general i prefer throwing hints to make everyone grow themselves in their own way than doing their work myself. I believe it works better this way for them and me alike. Its also the fact i could be too bored to do it, but it only plays a secondary role. If i see the need for help to be actual i wont let it bother me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi, I think that Naranjo's descriptions of instinctual types might come handy, I'll give you a small synopsis:

Sexual 7 (Fascination/Naiveness): the least "earthly" of the 7s, his gluttony is focused more on "higher" things. He's in love with the
world (I'm OK, you're OK, everything's alright), sees reality through colored glasses, idealize and embellish what is common, look at things with the optimism of someone who is in love. Easily fascinated, fascinates easily. Head in the clouds. Daydreamer.

Social 7 (Sacrifice): the countertype, is oriented toward sacrificing his own gluttony (trying to counter his desires) in the name of a higher ideal (being a better person, living in a better world). Apparently, he doesn't want to use/take advantage of other persons and don't want to be attached to their own desires. But his gluttony still persists as a need to be recognised as an extremely good person. He's aware of his own desire to manipulate/take advantage, and fights his own self. Wants to be perceived as pure, acts as a good guy to not show what he feels like he truly is. Idealist.

Self Preservation 7 (Family): the more materialistic manifestation of gluttony. Seeks food, drinking, sexual gratificaton, economical wealth, personal profit through clever planning. Opportunist. Always "vigilant", seeking for advantages, clever in hiding his own interests. Selfish. Creates alliances, a gang, with the idea "I'll take care of you, you'll take care of me", but there is (denied) opportunism behind , the real purpose of creating the "family" is having his own self preservation needs met. "Mafia-like" mentality. Mind is always receptive for good occasions, so he doesn't miss them. Can resemble or be mistyped as an 8. Pragmatist.
So it sounds like she might be a self-pres type...and I would be social? I really don't think so is my first instinct though...maybe it's my second?

Thanks so much for posting those differences! Maybe instinct is what separates us..If you don't mind, could you provide the link to that article?! I'd love to read about it in detail.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts