Personality Cafe banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
re merge; idk

we all quit routines, and start them. nothing lasts forever. if its something you like the routine lasts longer. routines, they say, are good for us.
1234 posts. :)

I was gonna buy a home guy, because the gym membership is so inconvenient I know I wont keep up. I also bought a jumprope, I should get that soon. We'll see.

·
Registered
386 Posts
1234 posts. :)

I was gonna buy a home guy, because the gym membership is so inconvenient I know I wont keep up. I also bought a jumprope, I should get that soon. We'll see.
I worked out at home for a year until I lived down the street from a gym. I have found that working out at a gym also helps me keep it as a routine, rather than just working out constantly. It allows me to have a designated time and place, which helps me turn the intensity off when I'm not working out (sort of...).

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I worked out at home for a year until I lived down the street from a gym. I have found that working out at a gym also helps me keep it as a routine, rather than just working out constantly. It allows me to have a designated time and place, which helps me turn the intensity off when I'm not working out (sort of...).
So you would overtrain when you were working out at home? Right now this body NEEDS overtraining lol!

·
Registered
386 Posts
So you would overtrain when you were working out at home? Right now this body NEEDS overtraining lol!
I would get bored and restless, and I would start doing push ups, or sit-ups, or whatever it was that I felt compelled to do at that given moment. It helped to actually have a workout regimen that would get me tired, so I would need to give myself time to recover. I still arguably overtrain, but I'm getting better. Sort of...

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I would get bored and restless, and I would start doing push ups, or sit-ups, or whatever it was that I felt compelled to do at that given moment. It helped to actually have a workout regimen that would get me tired, so I would need to give myself time to recover. I still arguably overtrain, but I'm getting better. Sort of...
Are you a Se user?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Another important part of my personality: major depression.

Didnt even occur to me to ask until now when I find it setting in, starting with an apathy-irritability cycle... for what seems to be no reason. Happens for a few months each year, seems to peak between Dec and Feb.

How many type 8's have this or similar issues? Is this enneagram related?
Ahhh I'm also ENTP 8w9 sp/sx. We should talk ;)

I feel you on this to an extent. I wouldn't say I experience major depression, but there is something. The apathy-irritability is very real. People close to me notice it, all of a sudden it just sets in and I go numb -- like I'm really jaded by the world and just want to hibernate.. take no nonsense and keep interactions to a minimum, coldly getting what I need and drudging along.

If I get bothered enough, I get snappy or downright blunt.

Sinking into Sp self-care and keeping my energy levels low helps me through it. Gym, good food, rest, time to myself, etc.

Cheers

21 - 27 of 27 Posts