Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tell me about your experiences with being approached by men. Does it happen often? How do men reach to your personality/nature? If you are in a relationship, how did your SO react to us upon first meeting you? How are things now?

And guys like @Swordsman of Mana are also allowed to comment. Tell me of your experiences with approaching and or dating type 8 women.

Thanks!

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Tell me about your experiences with being approached by men. Does it happen often? How do men reach to your personality/nature? If you are in a relationship, how did your SO react to us upon first meeting you? How are things now?

And guys like @Swordsman of Mana are also allowed to comment. Tell me of your experiences with approaching and or dating type 8 women.

Thanks!
thankyou for the invitation
but as I am
- not an 8
- not a woman
and
- gay (so I wouldn't be approaching type 8 women in a sexual manner)

I don't think my input in this thread would be very valid or relevant lol

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hate that limit. how am I supposed to give a bad ass, one-liner response when I can't post a comment until I reach 10 characters :laughing:
I know. They need to get rid of that crap. I have so many two word comebacks stocked up.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I had a type 8 (ENFJ) best girl friend when I was younger. Well, we're still "close." We just live really far from each other. lol. She chose what guys she wanted. And they obeyed! :shocked: lol. She ended up marrying a type 9 (ISFP).

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
Tell me about your experiences with being approached by men.
Does it happen often?
Yes..especially the undesirables who are apparently used to rejection.

How do men reach to your personality/nature?
Initially with intrigue and curiosity. Then with criticisms like stop trying to be so tough, stop trying to be hard, aren't you the feisty one, you're dangerous, yada yada yada.

If you are in a relationship, how did your SO react to us upon first meeting you?
Don't have an SO. But, my FB seemed to have instant attraction when I picked him up. LMAO! Also, thought I was a prude and super ubber conservative....that impression has since changed.

How are things now?
On yet another "off" cycle.:rolleyes::frustrating:

Doubt that this has helped you very much. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,257 Posts
I've known a couple of people I casually imagine are "type 8"

They're fun. More of a "challenge" really. I had one openly admit to me that she "really liked me".

Eights are cool people. To me when I approach anyone I know for a fact that they're human and know they have weaknesses.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Does it happen often? How do men reach to your personality/nature?
There are a few times when men approach me. This usually happens after I've either given them an opening or they are drunk. However, I'm not interested in anyone who thinks they've got the right to talk to me. So, many of the typical scenarios between men and women (man sees woman, flirts, asks her out, etc.) don't apply. If a man isn't intimidated by me, he should be.

If you are in a relationship, how did your SO react to us upon first meeting you? How are things now?
He was nervous, sweet, enthusiastic, warm, open, and friendly. He didn't actually think anything would happen between us but I could sense his attraction. I found his mannerisms pleasing and put my number in his phone. I would say things are pretty good.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Experiences with being approached by men.

Does it happen often? Not in the least.
How do men reach to your personality/nature? Kind persistence. I always say "No" the first time someone asks me out, just to get a read on how they'll handle it; if you don't give up (without being annoying about it) you'll have my attention. Also, I love a man with a big heart. If I see a man doing something that stands out to me, I'll sure as heck go and introduce myself.
If you are in a relationship, how did your SO react to us upon first meeting you? Not currently in a relationship; but most men treat me with kid gloves when first meeting to me. That is, until I do/say something that proves there are no fragile stickers on this girl (usually after the first kiss) :-x. Then, they're either delighted or terribly frightened. I'm short, and come across as very sweet and innocent; so seeing how a man reacts when introduced to the other aspects of my personality, is always intriguing to me.
How are things now? Eh, the way I want them to be. As much as I fantasize being in love and finding someone who will accept "me" for "me", I'm not currently putting myself out there. The whole dating scene exhausts me, and I figure I'll know when the time is right to start dating again.

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
I like a guy who's cool and collected, yet knows how to get my motor running without being desperate about it.
I also don't wanna get tied down (8w7 for ya!) so I let myself be hot or cold as I please, and if he handles it coolly and calmly, he's got me.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I know. They need to get rid of that crap. I have so many two word comebacks stocked up.
Maybe that's why :tongue:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Honestly, the most annoying thing about being FEMALE 8w7 is that I often have to hide my 8w7 personality traits. Unlike towards our male counterparts, the society does not accept my extreme aggressiveness, show for toughness, and full-out ange as a girl. Open physical aggression from a petite blonde chick is understandingly laughable when she is against a tall, jacked, macho, broad-shoulder men. You know what I mean?

I am a straight girl, so naturally I am put up against MEN. OFTEN TIMES, MEN ARE BIOLOGICALLY LARGER and stronger than women. THis inequality/imbalance/over-looked disparity in our physiques has always been a problem for me.

So when it comes to dating, I hide my actual personality. I never act like an 8 when I approach romantic interests. I keep a 7 or 5 mask. The intensive and through experiments from my previous experience have led me to conclude thqt men are VERY attracted to me when I flaunt my 7 wing and downplay my 8. They think I am the most fun/mysterious/entertaining girl, but I am really not. If i could be myself, i would like to be more reserved and serious. I would like to take control and even be protective of you. Too bad most guys feel UNCOMFORTABLE with this attitude.

To some up, yes I am approached a lot, but when guys learn the real me, they are all very surprised taken aback.

I especially love it when guys try to emotionally manipulate me and realize I am way less clingy and less emotional than they are.

Naturally, the ones who stick around are 2, 9, and 6 - the compliant and passive types. The kind who doesnt mind taking the more "female" role in relationships. The more insecure they are, the more obsessive they become of me. It's like, they need me - to make decisions for them, to guide them, to protect them - to be the strong father figure. (the 2 and 6 issues with paternal figures REALLY show up...)

The 3 and 7 - they are still very into me, but it becomes more of a exciting power struggle / power play.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Experiences with being approached by men.

Does it happen often? Not in the least.
How do men reach to your personality/nature? Kind persistence. I always say "No" the first time someone asks me out, just to get a read on how they'll handle it; if you don't give up (without being annoying about it) you'll have my attention. Also, I love a man with a big heart. If I see a man doing something that stands out to me, I'll sure as heck go and introduce myself.
If you are in a relationship, how did your SO react to us upon first meeting you? Not currently in a relationship; but most men treat me with kid gloves when first meeting to me. That is, until I do/say something that proves there are no fragile stickers on this girl (usually after the first kiss) :-x. Then, they're either delighted or terribly frightened. I'm short, and come across as very sweet and innocent; so seeing how a man reacts when introduced to the other aspects of my personality, is always intriguing to me.
How are things now? Eh, the way I want them to be. As much as I fantasize being in love and finding someone who will accept "me" for "me", I'm not currently putting myself out there. The whole dating scene exhausts me, and I figure I'll know when the time is right to start dating again.
Seems like we are a bit similar... I'm also short and look sweet and innocent. :p And I've been in this state a lot too, about your last section.

To OP:

1. Not often

2. If "reach" was meant to be "react", then: Depends on the person. Some people don't mind at all the way I am. Then others do mind very much. I have not tried typing them. Their perception varies too, e.g. some say I'm sensitive and yet some others say I'm insensitive.

3. My last SO liked on first sight how I was so small physically and looked sweet and innocent... -.- Ehh... I suspect he's 8 but I'm not sure. If he is, it would be 8 so/sp.

4. That's too complicated to explain. The last time I've been able to define my stance, it was like voicetrocity's stance.

·
Registered
255 Posts

I get approached alot, but with alot or respecteven if its in a club. They are usually really nervous because they dont know how I will react. Most men try to please me all the time which is great but if they dont challange me I write them off as weak. I cannot be with a man that I can control all the time. i need that push back to be energized otherwise I loose intrest very quickly no matter how attractive the guy might be.WhenI get interested in someone they have to hav a certain way about them and I usually pick them out very quickly. Im like a ram, I send out subttle challanges to test strength. I can pick out quickly who I would be willing to try.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.