Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this is another one of these threads again. I am looking for people who have more experience and knowledge about MBTI and could help me.

I have been thinking about this myself recently, however I could not have found a good answer.

Here are my traits in everyday life, which I use the most:

- I do not like being interrupted when I am doing something.
- I seek out conversation, not with everyone, I do this mostly with my classmates.
- I can usually think about ideas in my head, however they do not pop up just like that. I need to be presented with a problem for me to start thinking about it.
- When I am bored I entertain myself with my surroundings, I doodle on a paper, I start making a list of people and their MBTI (irony, right?) etc.
- I do not like routine.
- I like schedules and plans.
- I do not plan my actions in everyday situations (going to the store etc).
- I am a big scale planner, I know what I want to do with my life, however the details are not clear.
- I need closure.
- I am openminded to others suggestions and think them through before dismissing them.
- When I get an idea, I usually want to share it with people that I feel can understand it.
- I love to debate, though I only do this with subjects that I "have a passion" for.
- I can sink into my head and start thinking, though I am easily disturbed and thrown out of the thought process if I am not in a private environment and people let me think.
- I do not mind talking, I seek out conversations when I am bored. (at school I might add).
- I like learning, though I find it easier to learn at school because someone explains the concept while it is on a whiteboard, you get a visual and a voice.
- I am somewhat anxious to meeting new people or talking infront of an audience.
- I am confident in myself.
- I do not mind my appearance too much.
- I am a perfectionist, I like to improve things. Though this does not occupy a lot of my time, I only think abut improving things that directly affect me or the society and other things on a global scale.
- I have many thoughts and opinions about "intellectual" and abstract topics such as politics, "the meaning of life" type of questions etc.
- I do not like social gatherings.
- When I was small, I could not quite fit in.
- I prefer problemsolving before equations etc in math.
- I mostly do not like working in groups, I only do that when I know the members of my team will do a good job.
- I need lots of time to think.
- I am mostly a logical person, though I can sometimes be taken in by feelings (women).
- I question authority, I remember piercing my parents with logical arguments about why I should not be grounded and such.
- I give critique and express my opinions, even where it is not needed.
- I need alone time, however after the alone time I become quite bubbly and extraverted (with my family). I laugh quite a lot when I am with my friends, even in public places.
- In school, I usually do not speak to anyone besides my friends in class.
- An intellectual challenge is fun.
- I question almost everything. MBTI is an example.
- I cannot think to my full potential when other people are near me. An example is that I solved Einsteins riddle in about 15 minutes when I was isolated, but when we had another version in class I was totally stumped.
- I am not too good at headmath.
- I am very competitive.
- When I achieve something good, I brag about it, a lot.
- I am observant.

I am frequently typing myself as an INTJ, I have never typed myself as anything else, though I still have my doubts.

If you have any questions which will help you analyzing me, please ask them, I need to know 100%.

·
MOTM Nov 2009
4,132 Posts
You sound a lot like I do, so it's difficult to type you as anything other than INTJ - short answer, however, is xNTJ. Have you considered a functional approach?

·
Banned
396 Posts
It's an ISTJ!

Reactions: Grey

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
I'm going with Grey on this; you seem like an xNTJ.

Reactions: Grey

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
It's an ISTJ!
I thought it was more obvious than that;

Well, this is another one of these threads again. I am looking for people who have more experience and knowledge about MBTI and could help me.

I have been thinking about this myself recently, however I could not have found a good answer.

Here are my traits in everyday life, which I use the most:

- I do not like being interrupted when I am doing something.
- I seek out conversation, not with everyone, I do this mostly with my classmates.
- I can usually think about ideas in my head, however they do not pop up just like that. I need to be presented with a problem for me to start thinking about it.
- When I am bored I entertain myself with my surroundings, I doodle on a paper, I start making a list of people and their MBTI (irony, right?) etc.
- I do not like routine.
- I like schedules and plans.
- I do not plan my actions in everyday situations (going to the store etc).
- I am a big scale planner, I know what I want to do with my life, however the details are not clear.
- I need closure.
- I am openminded to others suggestions and think them through before dismissing them.
- When I get an idea, I usually want to share it with people that I feel can understand it.
- I love to debate, though I only do this with subjects that I "have a passion" for.
- I can sink into my head and start thinking, though I am easily disturbed and thrown out of the thought process if I am not in a private environment and people let me think.
- I do not mind talking, I seek out conversations when I am bored. (at school I might add).
- I like learning, though I find it easier to learn at school because someone explains the concept while it is on a whiteboard, you get a visual and a voice.
- I am somewhat anxious to meeting new people or talking infront of an audience.
- I am confident in myself.
- I do not mind my appearance too much.
- I am a perfectionist, I like to improve things. Though this does not occupy a lot of my time, I only think abut improving things that directly affect me or the society and other things on a global scale.
- I have many thoughts and opinions about "intellectual" and abstract topics such as politics, "the meaning of life" type of questions etc.
- I do not like social gatherings.
- When I was small, I could not quite fit in.
- I prefer problemsolving before equations etc in math.
- I mostly do not like working in groups, I only do that when I know the members of my team will do a good job.
- I need lots of time to think.
- I am mostly a logical person, though I can sometimes be taken in by feelings (women).
- I question authority, I remember piercing my parents with logical arguments about why I should not be grounded and such.
- I give critique and express my opinions, even where it is not needed.
- I need alone time, however after the alone time I become quite bubbly and extraverted (with my family). I laugh quite a lot when I am with my friends, even in public places.
- In school, I usually do not speak to anyone besides my friends in class.
- An intellectual challenge is fun.
- I question almost everything. MBTI is an example.
- I cannot think to my full potential when other people are near me. An example is that I solved Einsteins riddle in about 15 minutes when I was isolated, but when we had another version in class I was totally stumped.
- I am not too good at headmath.
- I am very competitive.
- When I achieve something good, I brag about it, a lot.
- I am observant.

I am frequently typing myself as an INTJ, I have never typed myself as anything else, though I still have my doubts.

If you have any questions which will help you analyzing me, please ask them, I need to know 100%.
See the answers in bold?

·
Banned
396 Posts
I thought it was more obvious than that;

See the answers in bold?
You think Sensors are entirely deficient in N characteristics? :crying:

Reactions: Grey and Arioche

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You sound a lot like I do, so it's difficult to type you as anything other than INTJ - short answer, however, is xNTJ. Have you considered a functional approach?
Yes, I have done several Cognitive Functions tests. I get Ni with a strong Te every time, though I do not see them as very reliable.

·
MOTM Nov 2009
4,132 Posts
The tests probably aren't the best, but functions usually help in fully determining your type - have you read all 16 descriptions of the types?

·
Banned
396 Posts
Not entirely, but we need to see the big picture here, Haruhi. :wink:
Only a fool does not think conceptually (general notion of the direction) and rationally (disregarding lack of structure due to emotional impulse) with their future. I think many rational individuals of all types would have such inclinations with their planning for the future. Remember, we utilize all processes, including Ni if we're say, ISTJ.

The appropriate process for our future plans with career and education is Ni, thus it's rational for any type to approach these two with the utilization of Ni. We might have a preferences overall, but occasionally contexts dictate how we should approach a situation when certain principles (e.g. rationality, ideaology, logic) are integrated in the process.

Reactions: fiasco and Ben

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The tests probably aren't the best, but functions usually help in fully determining your type - have you read all 16 descriptions of the types?
I have read the ones containing NT and ST in them, because I am sure I am a T.

ISTJ is a decent match, but falls in that I do not have a certain respect for authority unless they are deserving of it and I am not impressed by rank.
Also I do not place much value on traditions and family. Social appearances are nothing for me, I do not try to look like a model citizen, just enough to not stick out (people bother me then).

Also I am NOT detailoriented at all.

The other STs are just WAY off.

ENTJ: Fits good, I am argumentative and I can express myself in bodylanguage.
The thing that really stops me from being an ENTJ is my lack of enthusiasm and hate for smalltalk and unnecessary conversation in general. Also I would rather perfer that someone else took the lead, as long at they are not total idiots.

ENTP / INTP: I am not an erratic thinker and can throw 1000 ideas per second in my head. I focus on something and I need to be presented with a problem or an obstalce to overcome to start a thinking cycle.

·
MOTM Nov 2009
4,132 Posts
You may be certain about being a T, but I think reading the rest of the descriptions would also give you a better picture.

·
Banned
396 Posts
I have read the ones containing NT and ST in them, because I am sure I am a T.

ISTJ is a decent match, but falls in that I do not have a certain respect for authority unless they are deserving of it and I am not impressed by rank.
Also I do not place much value on traditions and family. Social appearances are nothing for me, I do not try to look like a model citizen, just enough to not stick out (people bother me then).

Also I am NOT detailoriented at all.

The other STs are just WAY off.

ENTJ: Fits good, I am argumentative and I can express myself in bodylanguage.
The thing that really stops me from being an ENTJ is my lack of enthusiasm and hate for smalltalk and unnecessary conversation in general. Also I would rather perfer that someone else took the lead, as long at they are not total idiots.

ENTP / INTP: I am not an erratic thinker and can throw 1000 ideas per second in my head. I focus on something and I need to be presented with a problem or an obstalce to overcome to start a thinking cycle.
You should dismiss the stereotypical descriptions of each type, buddy. Perhaps they are acceptable as ordinary descriptions of MBTI types, but they will not necessarily be precise for you or the minorities of types. They're truly irrelevant to the order of processing and imposing further narrow categorization through presumed characteristics whicch processes are supposed to naturally engender.

I concur it is feasible that people of certain types are predisposed to specific behaviour, but I think these descriptions are inadequate for being overly vague. For example, an INTP is described as logical and detached, but the possibilities which these two enable are vast. You might be unusual in comparison to the average ISTJ or INTJ.

An INFJ might be ruthless on the basis of their values, appearing superficially to be an INTJ due to their callous disregard of people's feelings, yet they have an internal justifcation, founded upon feelings, for these apparent insensitive actions. It is easy for people to rationalize an immoral act as moral when morality is an abstraction that is decided arbitrarily.

·
MOTM Nov 2009
4,132 Posts
Find out your core motivations and what is it you've built up over your true identity over the years - the big point is to find out why you do things, not what you do.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Very conflicting as to type. Try the Paragon test, click on my signature. INTX, might even be an INTP. P gets suppressed in society and this skews some test results. P gets suppressed by schooling. An almost definite INTP come to think about it.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Look like INTJ to me.

Don't like distractions, work better alone: I
Big picture thinking: N
Brag about stuff when successful, don't care much about appearance: T
Competitive/perfectionist: J

and look at the questions you haven't asked/things that you haven't thought of.

How do other people relate to you, what do they think of you. Not thinking about this? T, not F.
Difficulty making up your mind? not bothered by this? J, not P. I don't count the over view of your post as that difficulty since you are looming for an absolute match. In itself unlikely.

I and N are pretty clear from your posting.

·
Banned
396 Posts
It IRRITATES me that people simplify the variables involved into significant, broad variables that influence a whole factor with potency. I'm frustrated with people being so narrow with their criterias and thinking so, so concretely. Yeah, I've lost it with y'all! Screw the MBTI! Screw INTJ! SCREW INTP! SCREW ENTP! SCREW ESFP! Hell, even screw ISFP!!!

Reactions: Grey and firedell
1 - 20 of 59 Posts