Personality Cafe banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-He's always lonely.
-He can be kind of clingy.
-He is almost obsessed with trying to find a girlfriend.
-He's pretty apologetic. If I criticize him, his first instinct is to apologize instead defending himself. He is also more likely to insult someone behind their back than to their face, or he'll do it under his breath so they can barely hear.
-He's very enthusiastic about everything. He has tons of energy.
-He's really interested in cars and mechanical things. Top Gear is his favorite show.
-He doesn't support his opinions with facts. If I bring facts into a debate, he wants to stop talking about it.
-He wants to be an engineer.
-He seems to like attention. He talks over people.
-He talks a lot about his future plans rather than telling stories about the past.
-He loves hosting parties, but he can be tight on his money.

Please ask questions if it will help you type him.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you say he's very enthusiastic and full of energy, do you observe this in any specific setting? If he is always like this, I then ask: what memories of him do you most readily recall that make you say this about him?
He's enthusiastic when we talk about future plans, like our plan to go to Chicago by ourselves this summer by train (I think he's also excited that he will be doing this without the help and supervision of his parents as we are pretty young and barely have independence).
He's enthusiastic when we're in a group of friends and figuring out stuff we could do. Like yesterday, he wanted to venture out into the city where we're not allowed to go (he spent a lot of time excitedly trying to convince us), while everyone else was like, "No, we can't. It's dangerous. I'll get in trouble".
He also excitedly brings up his career plans a lot.

·
Registered
521 Posts
ENFJ

Fe: He is driven by social constructs. It sounds like with a lot of the things he does, he needs to have it externally validated before he is fully confident with it. This can point to any extroverted function, but in this case it seems he is fueled by unity. He gets lonely and clingy, meaning he desires to engage, and desires a relationship, possibly because he feels this is something he needs or he is not living up to the standard society has put forth (common Fe point of anxiety, in the United States; I assume you still live there, having put it as your birthplace).

He's pretty apologetic. If I criticize him, his first instinct is to apologize instead defending himself. He is also more likely to insult someone behind their back than to their face, or he'll do it under his breath so they can barely hear.
I take this to mean he would rather preserve harmony at the cost of leaving what "should be said" unsaid.

Ni: Future-oriented individual—"He talks a lot about his future plans rather than telling stories about the past", and "He's enthusiastic when we talk about future plans". Ni sees change as paramount. It is focused on what could be, and that could be anything.

"The unconscious" (Se/Ti): You seem to think your friend has issues with facts. This would likely be the realm of Thinking. Repressed Ti explosions would probably mean he'd overdose on the Fe mindset (assimilation to common opinion, among other things) and neglect to think about things on his own terms with his own set of facts (Ti).

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Could the talking over people be due to not being so understanding of/caring so much about social graces. I find it hard to imagine an ISTJ who is so keen on attention or who

-He's pretty apologetic. If I criticize him, his first instinct is to apologize instead defending himself. He is also more likely to insult someone behind their back than to their face, or he'll do it under his breath so they can barely hear.
-He's very enthusiastic about everything. He has tons of energy.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I can see many possibilities ENFJ makes sense but i could also see. ESFJ - Fe, Si, Ne, Ti.

I would agree with what is posted above about extrovert feeling. However, the part about being really into cars and mechanical stuff seems alot more S.

S's tend to like to do things more than just think about them. They are detail oriented and they like to focus more on the present moment. They pay attention more to the world around them. They are highly in-tuned to their senses. They hear noises and notice shapes and color of objects.

As mentioned above people who are intuitive like to talk about future, but Ni would imply intuition is internalized, not spoken. Where people who are Ne enjoy talking about all the possibilities about what things could be.

Also many male F's think they are T's when they are not.

Hard to tell.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Its hard to tell - I can see ENFJ or I could also see ESFJ - Fe, Si, Ne, Ti

I agree with what is said above about FE.

If he is a sensor he is more likely to be detail oriented and in tune with his senses, notices shapes, forms and colors. The part about enjoying cars and mechanical stuff seems more s.

Ni would imply that the intuition and liking to talk about the future is not often verbally expressed but happens inside.
Ne means someone who likes talking about why things are the way they are and seeing all the possibilities of things one could do.

Many male F's tend to project and think of themselves as T's, so it would not be surprising he came up as a T on the test.

Also some of the tests for E vs I test sociability, but E and I have to do with where you get your energy.

Intoverts - need more time to recharge, need to spend time alone to feel in balance. Tend to listen more than talk and absorb energy. talking for long periods of time is draining. They want to feel included but dont care about and usually prefer not to always be center of attention.

Extroverts - need a lot less time alone, many can't stand spending time by themselves. Being around people and talking makes them feel more alive. They need to give off energy to have energy, they like to be the center of attention, and spend more time talking than listening.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts