Personality Cafe banner

What's your type and IQ?do not participate if you have results from an online IQ test

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if there is any correlation between personality types/cognitive functions, and IQ. I can think of some reasons why but id rather just find out using a poll test.

·
Registered
188 Posts
My IQ falls somewhere between 120-130. I am inclined to say that the more intelligent people would tend to be NT's, but it is quite possible for a sensor or a feeler to have a much greater IQ then I myself. It is my opinion that IQ has far more to do with level of education than personality type, though that may affect personality type as well. Either way, it's hard to get a large sample of people of different personality types from very similar backgrounds to compare their IQ's, but I think that the NT's have the tenancy to have high IQ's.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
I agree with Kevin. My IQ? It fluctuates 127+ up & down up & down.

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
I disagree.
Posted via Mobile Device
Well it seems logical that the people who spend their lives with their heads in the clouds would strengthen their neural connections by doing so and thus have a higher intelligence in the traditional sense(usually), but shoot.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Those aren't the only connections that operate the brain.

It's not like non-NT's live their lives as vegetables.

They are stimulating their own synapses in their own ways. I see no possible correlation, only in attitude and manifestation.

Speaking of general intelligence, not this "IQ" thing. Because, no.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Well it seems logical that the people who spend their lives with their heads in the clouds would strengthen their neural connections by doing so and thus have a higher intelligence in the traditional sense(usually), but shoot.
Don't trip over yourself. She's still on about NT's not posting serious stuff on a forum thus making them dumb. It's illogical.

I, however, also disagree with you though. Smart people aren't bound to be any type.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Those aren't the only connections that operate the brain.

It's not like non-NT's live their lives as vegetables.

They are stimulating their own synapses in their own ways. I see no possible correlation, only in attitude and manifestation.

Speaking of general intelligence, not this "IQ" thing. Because, no.
Hence traditional sense... and intelligence cannot be measured as it is an extremely subjective term. IQ would be bullshit even if intelligence could be fully defined.
Don't trip over yourself. She's still on about NT's not posting serious stuff on a forum thus making them dumb. It's illogical.

I, however, also disagree with you though. Smart people aren't bound to be any type.
Well yeah, no trait can fully define your type, but wouldn't type also determine how much you use certain parts of your brain. Thus making certain types more proficient at academics?

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Isn't there 4 intelligences? [ Well I was Half Right]

NTs will always be beat in Emotional Intelligence.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Isn't there 4 intelligences?

NTs will always be beat in Emotional Intelligence.
I think so, but measuring and ultimately defining intelligence is an extremely subjective matter. In my past posts, replace intelligence with academic and logical prowess. Though still, you can have F's that are good at Math and T's that love to write, type is not the ultimate definer.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
;D Some of the best writers in history have been T's. I don't get that stereotype. Anyways, I agree with you. I was just pointing out that NT's aren't going to be geniuses just because their NTs, and NFs aren't going to be stupid just because they're born NFs.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
IQ is bullshit.
Hence traditional sense... and intelligence cannot be measured as it is an extremely subjective term. IQ would be bullshit even if intelligence could be fully defined.
.....I know?

I think so, but measuring and ultimately defining intelligence is an extremely subjective matter. In my past posts, replace intelligence with academic and logical prowess. Though still, you can have F's that are good at Math and T's that love to write, type is not the ultimate definer.
So what point is it you're trying to make, then? That some types are more prone to be academic? Well of course. But I've met A SHIT TON of "academics" in my life that were dumb as fuck, with narrow sad minds. If that's not your point, is your point that it's worthless to use type to explain things like IQ?

I don't know. I just don't get where you're trying to go with the things you're saying.

·
Registered
188 Posts
;D Some of the best writers in history have been T's. I don't get that stereotype. Anyways, I agree with you. I was just pointing out that NT's aren't going to be geniuses just because their NTs, and NFs aren't going to be stupid just because they're born NFs.
Sorry about that then, I can be very vague when I post. I'll try to work on that. :p

I don't know. I just don't get where you're trying to go with the things you're saying.
I'm trying to get to the fact that NT's have higher IQ's because IQ seems to be very correlated with education level and academic proficiency.

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
I have nothing against NTs. Just that i know some non-intelligent ones And brilliant other types. So unless there is a study to correlate intelligence & MBTI then i'm inclined to think it's not about type But about how each individual utilizes their traits to the fullest. @ookami: go check the edit on that thread. ~I agree with kevin's ideas.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
=) Ah, if you've edited than I'm sorry. I'm not checking that thread because it's far to negative and would active negativeness in me because I feed off of it. Thus I don't feel like reactivating it on meaningless things. The past is the past and that's where it should remain (the past that is).

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
=) Ah, if you've edited than I'm sorry. I'm not checking that thread because it's far to negative and would active negativeness in me because I feed off of it. Thus I don't feel like reactivating it on meaningless things. The past is the past and that's where it should remain (the past that is).
Im pleased with your new positivity. On topic: i'm thinking maybe NT traits can be seen as potential for intelligence as they seek logical meanings? i'm not sure.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Im pleased with your new positivity. On topic: i'm thinking maybe NT traits can be seen as potential for intelligence as they seek logical meanings? i'm not sure.
Posted via Mobile Device
Maybe its because of this we are more intelligent seeing as we pretty much do this 24/7. Practice makes perfect

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Sorry about that then, I can be very vague when I post. I'll try to work on that. :p

I'm trying to get to the fact that NT's have higher IQ's because IQ seems to be very correlated with education level and academic proficiency.
Thats just stupid. So because I never took a very high education makes me dumber than you? Ive met plenty of engineers in my time as a technical designer (I do blueprints for engineers) that where dumber and less educated than me, I could play around with them at my fingertips.

I've never taken a IQ test, but I did take this and I generally score around 125-130.

Edit: Oh and if you really want a theory on it, the types that are using Ti and Te as their primary function might do better than those using it as a second function. Can you see a pattern in this theory?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts