Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am, clearly, not an Eight.
However, I am interested in reading the perspectives (in contemplation or reflection) of Eights/wing-Eights on their attraction, relationships (romantic, platonic), and orientation towards specific types. I am more interested in the romantic relationship responses, but all is valuable.

The amount of detail is yours to decide. I am interested in everything from experience-based opinions, story-examples, and even just interpretation. I obviously have read type-combinations and type-compatibility, but I am interested in a raw response.

• Type Eight >> Type Two
  • Type Eight >> Type Four
  • Type Eight >> Type Five
  • Type Eight >> Type Six
  • Type Eight >> Type Nine

·
Banned
1,165 Posts
Twos: Superficially endearing, particularly if physically attractive. Whimsical. Over-reactive. Over emotional.

Fours: Personal favorite. Excellently feminine. Perfect emotional quality. Overall desirable traits.

Fives: Intellectually stimulating. Reserved in ways I find dissuading. Lacks specific emotional qualities which I find desirable.

Sixes: Slight intellectual insecurity. Off putting anxious quality.

Nines: Too amiable. Lacks decisiveness.

·
Banned
1,701 Posts
I am not an 8, but you didn't post this on the 8 forum so I get free reign to reply.

1: Don't stand out too much, vaguely attractive.

2: Some of the ones that stand out come off as very strong willed, yet also not intimidating.

3: Empty, one of the more confusing types to understand.

4: Most of the ones who claim to be one, just come off as overbearingly self-absorbed and pretentious.

5: The only thing that comes to mind is "glass".

6: The ones who attach themselves to this type and ramble on about security and all of that jazz are annoying.

7: Generally one of the more interesting types to talk about.

8: Same with this type, except with more sexual lust.

9: The most varied type as far as personality characteristics are concerned.

Gut: Most prone to guilt complexes, self-righteous.

Image: Desires things more strongly than others.

Head: Generally the most "cynical" folks.

I don't really form very strong impressions based on type alone.

·
Registered
18 Posts
As a 5 who has been in touch with my integrated 8 qualities lately, i can say that while the greater confidence and assertiveness makes interacting with all types flow a bit more naturally, there is still the potential to feel personally isolated from others, especially if they are not actively engaging. This can lead to disinterest of the more passive types like 4, 5, and 9.

2's can come across as needy, emotionally fragile, and sometimes pathetic. Othertimes they are exactly the loving outlet an 8 needs. the 8-2 romantic relationship can be complex.

6's are easy to get along with as long as there is a practical matter to draw attention to. Otherwise they seem intellectually insecure (as mentioned above). Seems they should learn to trust themselves more.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why aren't 1, 3 and 7 included?

I don't like 4s that much, my Fe doesn't always find that so attractive.

It is only a matter of personal interest in the dynamic between Eights and those specific types.
There is no real reason behind excluding the types that I had not emphasize, other than just simply not being interested in Eights perception, or experience, with those types.

If there was an Eight who had a rich response regarding one of those types, it would be equally appreciated.
I just find that Eights most detailed interactions tend to consist said types.

·
Banned
1,220 Posts
Most 3s I've met were shitty bosses. They aren't leaders but expects to get something from being a boss just from their title.

I know they can sense that I don't see them as a leader which usually makes them try to play alpha, which just makes them seem more insecure and less of a leader...

They work hard though.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am not an 8, but you didn't post this on the 8 forum so I get free reign to reply.

1: Don't stand out too much, vaguely attractive.

2: Some of the ones that stand out come off as very strong willed, yet also not intimidating.

3: Empty, one of the more confusing types to understand.

4: Most of the ones who claim to be one, just come off as overbearingly self-absorbed and pretentious.

5: The only thing that comes to mind is "glass".

6: The ones who attach themselves to this type and ramble on about security and all of that jazz are annoying.

7: Generally one of the more interesting types to talk about.

8: Same with this type, except with more sexual lust.

9: The most varied type as far as personality characteristics are concerned.

Gut: Most prone to guilt complexes, self-righteous.

Image: Desires things more strongly than others.

Head: Generally the most "cynical" folks.

I don't really form very strong impressions based on type alone.
Yes, I caught that mistake in hindsight.
I wasn't sure how to fix that, or if it could be fixed.
Regardless, I do appreciate your response.

·
Registered
919 Posts
My dominant instinct is Sx.

Type One?
I dated a type one once. He was my first boyfriend, and basically the "nurturing father" I never had, which is yeah, complicated. The thing about type ones probably not liking their fathers is totally true.

I learned a lot about morals and stuff from him. He was able to logically explain and convince me of his ways, promoting progressive pro-social policies personally and politically. His mother and brother worked in government in varying capacities, and he himself is politically active.

The relationship didn't work out because I didn't like how he was missing some emotions, the intimate kind that an Sx-dominant wants.

One of my favorite professors in college is probably a type one. Overall, I'd say that I find type ones amongst the easiest to trust.

Type Two?
My brother is a type two. Type twos are generally likeable. I hope to learn more about this whole "social power" thing from them. Other people are truly a mystery to me.

Type Three?
Exactly what SuperSoaker says. They come across as slimy to me. I came into conflict with one at one of my old jobs. Underhanded tactics kind of guy. He didn't know what he didn't know, which meant it was easy for anyone to humiliate him. Ultimately, the one single thing that upsets these types the most is to be ignored. But maybe people wouldn't try to ignore them if they weren't such jackasses most of the time!

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure one of my good friends is a three, and he's actually pretty cool. I'd probably find healthy threes to be interesting people to be around, and their successes and achievements are a good source of information!

Type Four?
When I learned of the enneagram, I found the one single enneatype that represents all of the characteristics I dislike in individuals. I think much of what they say is frivolous, and their constant need for validation about how interesting/unique/intellectual they are to be annoying.

Probably since they're such a rare type, and due to my negative experiences with them, it would be difficult for them to be in my life.

Type Five?
I dated a 5w4 once. I'm seriously not picking on you, OP. It really did work out this way.

The relationship was rewarding; I learned a lot about myself. But the relationship was combative. He liked to think of us to be "smarter than the others", and he was frustrated that I, and most of society, didn't value his narrow sense of intelligence as highly as he did. Often times when we get into debates/fights, it always comes down to his hypotheticals vs. my experience, and as a 8w7, I had a lot of them.

I've won many, MANY fights, much more than what he would ever admit, because then it's admitting that he's not as smart as he thinks he is. He never understood the kind of particular intelligence I operate on, and it confuses him that I'm intelligent, but not in the way that he is, and that I'm more successful in measures he wants to be successful in. But he'll never think I could be AS smart or even smarter than him.

It confuses him when he tries to forcefully invade my private space in order to "tutor" me, I tell him to "skip the theory, just tell me what to do". He responds that I "can't know what to do if I don't know the theory". I inform him of the people in our classes that do not a give a single fuck about the theory, yet still get grades as high as his, and on top of that, they have research opportunities with our professors and things to show others what they've accomplished. My boyfriend had none of that.

He had an inflated sense of self-worth based on his high school achievements (he went to a small, rural high school), and even well into college (large public university), he never successfully adjusted to the fact that he was just average. He radiated an inflated sense of self entitlement. No, seriously. It turned out, like half of the people in our major (computer engineering, so probably like 40 people max) are in this one giant friend/homework sharing circle. The ONE single thing that sticks out to everyone in that group was his sense of entitlement. Me, being the "least other-related type", was completely unaware of the opinions of others, or really, the fact that I even had classmates in general, until I accidentally stumbled upon their social fishbowl (the name of the place they hang out and do homework in). They definitely made a point that I "deserved so much better". (Must be one of those female-in-engineering experience things.) They turned out to be pretty cool and interesting people, and I was a dumb eight for rejecting social opportunities.

Anyway, he demanded that he be given those same opportunities that (the people who he viewed as unworthy) had. Turns out, these people got those opportunities because the professors liked them, they were hard working, and they weren't giant assholes. Here's how it went: he asked to be overrided into a particular class, which had the prerequisites "computer science major OR permission of the instructor". He didn't meet the paper qualifications, and the professor told him no when he asked. My boyfriend after him, a nine, got into the class. He also didn't meet the paper qualifications. In another class, the grades weren't that great, and where my 5w4 ex had higher marks on returned papers than my (then-current boyfriend) nine's grades. Apparently, at the end of the semester, my ex had a solid B for the class, and my nine got curved into an A. From this same professor, the nine had a job grading his papers, and that led to a recommendation for an internship at Booz Allen Hamilton. Nobody in my school applied to BAH.

His friends and older brother are probably fours. They thought I was a soul-sucking lich. They point out that I had a way of "seeing people's weaknesses" and then I cut them down. They once said that I had an aura that "cuts to the truth". They think of me as a "great devourer/destroyer". They were on acid, and this was before I learned of the enneagram.

Anyway, my 5w4 ex eventually committed suicide. Years later, when I discovered the enneagram, one of (I think) Riso/Hudson's books had some charts in the back, where it detailed the kinds of thoughts and behaviors people have when they disintegrate. 5w4's fall was described incredibly accurately. Judging by his phone records, I was the last person he contacted before he disappeared. When Riso/Hudson points out that people can only disintegrate so much, they were right. What they said would happen, happened.

So due to all of the emotional trauma I've suffered while dating a 5w4, I'm going to stay away from 4s and 5s. I've learned to trust my body in determining what kinds of people to avoid. My ex was cold and aloof most of the time, and provided none of the things an sx-eight would want. However, he had times of anger and jealousy. But when I touch him, he only feels warm underneath his skin. Not alive at the tip of the skin.

Type Six?
My other brother. My boss. The nervous quality? Absolutely. They tend to talk a lot. If there's information that they need to convey, I can be assured that they will attempt to communicate it to me in the most confusing way possible. It's like a five-minute block of "stream of consciousness" of confused mumbo jumbo, and I have to wait until they've managed to spit out all of the important keywords. Then I repeat the "tl;dr?" version at them, and most of the time I get it right.

Type Seven?
I'm not really sure I know any sevens.

Type Eight?
My dad is an eight. My boyfriend's dad is an eight. I'm likely surrounded by some eights at work. I feel a sense of distant mutual understanding, and only seek to cooperate at work, and never get beyond that. I sense these boundaries the strongest around people I suspect to be eights.

Type Nine?
Some of my best friends are nines! The ex mentioned above is a nine! My current boyfriend is a nine! Needless to say, I like nines. I feel like they're dependable, and they're low-maintenance friends, which makes building deep friendships easier for an otherwise antisocial sx-dominant eight (sx/sp/so). If you've ever read about the interactions or compare/contrast between nines and fives, this is pretty much the difference between my current boyfriend and my 5w4 ex. Bonus: the 5w4 once tried to pledge in a fraternity. My current boyfriend was 5w4's assigned older brother. Very complicated.

Anyway, my nine and 5w4 ex had a scary amount of things in common. The depression, not being able to fit in, loner nerds, etc etc. But at least the nine was genuinely nice. Maybe not genuinely honest, but at least he cared about my feelings. You know that gut aura thing that gut triad people have? The nine, even though he seems dead and spaced out most of the time, had a lot more life in his energy. Like when I touched him, the tip of my skin feels more tingled than what I received from 5w4. When the nine is happy, he feels even warmer.

At the beginning of our relationship, it was really... intense. After working through the feelings of fear of abandonment, and not wanting to do anything and denying reality that it'll just make him dead on the inside... the nine's headline problem, the relationship turned out great. Everything I've ever wanted. Calm, dependable, and I trust that he'll do the the things he'll say he does, just on his own time. He radiates this sense and feeling of innocence to everyone around him. He somehow finds a way to expose my inner sentimental ness. My nine taught me a lot about people things I don't know about, like learning to keep the peace and stuff. The way we talk to each other is like every single classic pair ever: straight guy to funny guy, red person or blue person, energetic gal to slow guy. I'm his manic-pixie dream girl... with a lot of masculine qualities that he doesn't have. Sometimes, due to the lag between sending a message and receiving, it turned out that we were trying to contact each other at the same time. Sometimes, he says he feels a sudden feeling of meloncholy, and he guesses correctly that I've had a bad day.

I feel like we have qualities that compliment each other in areas that we are deficient in, yet we have a lot of things in common, like highly valuing a secure home. I feel like we're a "yin-yang" kind of thing. Anyway, the relationship is going really well, and when people say "when you met the one, you'll know", they were right. My chest feels paroxically more solid and more floating. Things feel more solid. The nine overcame his nine-ness and plans became more solid!

Overall, I'd say I trust gut-triad people the most. I relate to them the best. Go figure.

·
Banned
1,220 Posts
My dominant instinct is Sx.

Type Eight?
My dad is an eight. My boyfriend's dad is an eight. I'm likely surrounded by some eights at work. I feel a sense of distant mutual understanding, and only seek to cooperate at work, and never get beyond that. I sense these boundaries the strongest around people I suspect to be eights.

Overall, I'd say I trust gut-triad people the most. I relate to them the best. Go figure.
I get nonverbal communication like crazy with other 8s at work. It gets easier with time, after we get to know each other. It's almost like we seek not to have eye contact after a while, kind of out of respect or something. It's like you write, mutual understanding and respect I guess.

Yeah, the other gut-types seems to not have the same kind of issues.

Btw, I love ENTJ 8s! You make excellent bosses.

Edit: my dad's an 8w9 as well.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Trust is paramount for me in relationships. I would view the types in this regard before other qualities

1 and w1: reliable but grumpy
2: I don't like being manipulated. I see a lot of potential problems (I had those)
3: Can't figure out their real purpose in life. Couldn't really trust. Too much pretense
4: Couldn't stomach some representatives of the type. Can be too self-centered. w5 seems interesting if not suicidal/depressing/drug addict.
5: w4 is interesting. Values of people of this type could resonate with mine. w6: plain boring
6: ?
7: Awesome people. Buzzing, moving, experimenting. Fun to be with. A little bit annoying sometimes. I am not sure I would trust one though
8: Reliable and hard. Challenging. I love it
9: Lovely. Would try one

I would like to think that people of any type can interesting/trustworthy/lovable though. Upbringing, JCF, self-development, education, etc. plays a big role

·
Banned
1,220 Posts
Trust is paramount for me in relationships. I would view the types in this regard before other qualities

I would like to think that people of any type can interesting/trustworthy/lovable though. Upbringing, JCF, self-development, education, etc. plays a big role
Yes! It's OK to be a 2 as long as they understand their weakness and don't start to manipulate the shit out of you just to get what they want. Same with all the other numbers.

You can't trust someone who's hooked on meth...

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Type Five?
I dated a 5w4 once. I'm seriously not picking on you, OP. It really did work out this way.

The relationship was rewarding; I learned a lot about myself. But the relationship was combative. He liked to think of us to be "smarter than the others", and he was frustrated that I, and most of society, didn't value his narrow sense of intelligence as highly as he did. Often times when we get into debates/fights, it always comes down to his hypotheticals vs. my experience, and as a 8w7, I had a lot of them.

I've won many, MANY fights, much more than what he would ever admit, because then it's admitting that he's not as smart as he thinks he is. He never understood the kind of particular intelligence I operate on, and it confuses him that I'm intelligent, but not in the way that he is, and that I'm more successful in measures he wants to be successful in. But he'll never think I could be AS smart or even smarter than him.

It confuses him when he tries to forcefully invade my private space in order to "tutor" me, I tell him to "skip the theory, just tell me what to do". He responds that I "can't know what to do if I don't know the theory". I inform him of the people in our classes that do not a give a single fuck about the theory, yet still get grades as high as his, and on top of that, they have research opportunities with our professors and things to show others what they've accomplished. My boyfriend had none of that.

He had an inflated sense of self-worth based on his high school achievements (he went to a small, rural high school), and even well into college (large public university), he never successfully adjusted to the fact that he was just average. He radiated an inflated sense of self entitlement. No, seriously. It turned out, like half of the people in our major (computer engineering, so probably like 40 people max) are in this one giant friend/homework sharing circle. The ONE single thing that sticks out to everyone in that group was his sense of entitlement. Me, being the "least other-related type", was completely unaware of the opinions of others, or really, the fact that I even had classmates in general, until I accidentally stumbled upon their social fishbowl (the name of the place they hang out and do homework in). They definitely made a point that I "deserved so much better". (Must be one of those female-in-engineering experience things.) They turned out to be pretty cool and interesting people, and I was a dumb eight for rejecting social opportunities.

Anyway, he demanded that he be given those same opportunities that (the people who he viewed as unworthy) had. Turns out, these people got those opportunities because the professors liked them, they were hard working, and they weren't giant assholes. Here's how it went: he asked to be overrided into a particular class, which had the prerequisites "computer science major OR permission of the instructor". He didn't meet the paper qualifications, and the professor told him no when he asked. My boyfriend after him, a nine, got into the class. He also didn't meet the paper qualifications. In another class, the grades weren't that great, and where my 5w4 ex had higher marks on returned papers than my (then-current boyfriend) nine's grades. Apparently, at the end of the semester, my ex had a solid B for the class, and my nine got curved into an A. From this same professor, the nine had a job grading his papers, and that led to a recommendation for an internship at Booz Allen Hamilton. Nobody in my school applied to BAH.

His friends and older brother are probably fours. They thought I was a soul-sucking lich. They point out that I had a way of "seeing people's weaknesses" and then I cut them down. They once said that I had an aura that "cuts to the truth". They think of me as a "great devourer/destroyer". They were on acid, and this was before I learned of the enneagram.

Anyway, my 5w4 ex eventually committed suicide. Years later, when I discovered the enneagram, one of (I think) Riso/Hudson's books had some charts in the back, where it detailed the kinds of thoughts and behaviors people have when they disintegrate. 5w4's fall was described incredibly accurately. Judging by his phone records, I was the last person he contacted before he disappeared. When Riso/Hudson points out that people can only disintegrate so much, they were right. What they said would happen, happened.

So due to all of the emotional trauma I've suffered while dating a 5w4, I'm going to stay away from 4s and 5s. I've learned to trust my body in determining what kinds of people to avoid. My ex was cold and aloof most of the time, and provided none of the things an sx-eight would want. However, he had times of anger and jealousy. But when I touch him, he only feels warm underneath his skin. Not alive at the tip of the skin.
Im curious, since I think I am 5w4 too. How did this over sense of entitlement and "Im smarter then everyone else" show? Did he say things or just an attitude? Did he say "I'm so much smarter then these stupids"...?

"Anyway, he demanded that he be given those same opportunities that (the people who he viewed as unworthy) had. Turns out, these people got those opportunities because the professors liked them, they were hard working, and they weren't giant assholes."
Did he get rejected because he was an asshole, in which way? Because had this sense of that he was better, how did that show? How did he "demanded"?

·
Registered
919 Posts
Im curious, since I think I am 5w4 too. How did this over sense of entitlement and "Im smarter then everyone else" show? Did he say things or just an attitude? Did he say "I'm so much smarter then these stupids"...?
Yes, he did. He did literally say, "I'm so much smarter than __". But he only says that in his private circle of friends, of whom I was a part of. One time, he failed out of a class (the first in his ENTIRE life), so he switched from electrical engineering to computer engineering. While he was doing it, he went "I'm so much smarter than the professor" and naturally, I just rolled my eyes as he said it.

A few years before that, he had a mental/emotional breakdown. We were working on a lab report for this one class, and he snapped. He basically cussed out the professor (multiple times! He literally wrote the paragraph once, with gems such as "FUCK (the professor's name) AND FUCK (the university's name)," and then copied and pasted it. Then, since he was crazy, he told me to show it to people, and since I was bored, I did.), talked about how the class is just tedious, repetitive stuff and that we are not learning "real" engineering. He said since he was valedictorian in his high school, he deserved a better education, and wished he went to another school instead (he only applied to the school we went to and one other, both large public schools). Yes. He did actually write all of this on the lab report we had to turn in. The other students were hoping that they would get As because they seem so normal in comparison. He actually got a 100 on it because the grader seemed sympathetic. Really.

In his freshmen year, he was taking an "intro to programming" class that is forced onto every electrical/computer engineering major. He was upset that the class was teaching things very slowly, so he took it upon himself to ask the professor to teach faster and make the class harder. He made this request multiple times, and the professor ignored him. I told him that his request was inappropriate for an INTRO class, and that this class even includes people who are BUSINESS majors who had no background in programming! Him wanting to make an INTRO class harder did not meet the realities that many people taking that class literally had no programming experience whatsoever. So then he goes, "I paid $__ to get an education" (he actually didn't, he was on a scholarship), and I was like, "So did they. They aren't paying tuition to hear you talk. They're there to hear the professor talk."

The 5w4 friend likes to brag that he's been programming since he was in middle school. He got upset if I went to another friend for programming help instead of him, and I've told him multiple times that he wasn't helpful, and that it mostly amounted to him listening to himself talk and rejecting EVERY SINGLE FEEDBACK I gave him about how his methods didn't reach me. He would then go "I am a GREAT TUTOR" and I'm like, "k. I'm going to go talk to __. Bye." and then he'd go "I've been programming since middle school!" and then I end with, "So did (the friend I was going to ask). And since he's older than you, that'd mean he has more experience than you."

"Anyway, he demanded that he be given those same opportunities that (the people who he viewed as unworthy) had. Turns out, these people got those opportunities because the professors liked them, they were hard working, and they weren't giant assholes."
Did he get rejected because he was an asshole, in which way? Because had this sense of that he was better, how did that show? How did he "demanded"?
He refused to leave the apartment, so he did it by email. He would email the professor asking for an override, and a paragraph summary of reasons why he should get in the class. The professor told him "no, I only want to teach computer science majors only".

The nine (boyfriend at the time) AND the one (ex-boyfriend mentioned in my first post) physically went to the professor's office (separately; I only went with the nine), charmed him with some small joke, then asked if they could get into the class. The professor went "I prefer to teach CS majors only, and space is kind of small. Here is an override form to fill out; you can come on the first day and see if there's room, but if there isn't, then you can't take the class."

When the 5w4 found out, he wrote another email, saying that other people got into the class, and since he was more qualified than the nine or the one (he didn't call them out by name, he just referred to them in the abstract), he should be allowed into the class. The professor firmly told him no.

The one thing he probably never considered is that since our department is small, the professors talk amongst themselves about the students they'll encounter. That SAME year, he made a scene in one of our labs where he accused the professor of making instructions that were obtuse and difficult to understand. The professor tried to help him the first two times, but at the third time, the professor went, "I don't know what your problem is, but no one else in this class is having the same problems as you." The 5w4 argued back, and then the professor ended it with, "Look, I don't take this kind of shit from my niece. I won't take it from you" and walked away. This was in front of the ENTIRE class.

What I've learned is that for nice people who bother trying to contact the professors after class hours, professors go out of their way to help them. My 5w4 was never sociable. The thought to talk to professors at their office hours never occured to him, because he knew everything the class was going to teach. He thought it ended there. For example, a friend was asking me whether I was interested in a research opportunity with another professor. I told the 5w4 friend, and he emailed the professor asking about it. The professor told him that he wasn't looking for new assistants. Many opportunities come by knowing the right people, and since he refused to leave his apartment or socialize with his classmates (he did literally state to me in private that he was the smartest person in the room. Multiple times for multiple classes), those opportunities were never open to him. He felt that they should be since he was smart, and that getting them by social connections was cheating.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Well, as the enneagram books say, insecurities are like the main ingredient if you want to go in your direction of disintegration. On a corollary, acting out the average qualities of eights does not guarantee that the five will integrate.

As long as you don't build your entire identity over how smart you are (years ago, when you honestly had little competition), I'm sure you'll be fine.

On top of school-related issues, the 5w4 was upset that he was 22 years old and hadn't discovered some ground-breaking things in the fields of math or physics, and to make up for it, he embarked on this super complicated and abstract project for the last two years of his life. It was something so abstract, obscure, and so impractical that no one else could relate to it. The ironic thing is, he was trying to re-invent the internet, and in order for it to be as successful as he'd hope, there needs to be other people who understands how to use it. Also, for some reason, he thought essentially re-inventing the internet was a one-person job.

Have you met other 5w4 and was they the same in your experience?
I've only met few people who I suspect are 5s. I don't know them well enough to actually determine if they really are 5s, and if they are, what wings they'd be.

I can only say that people I suspect to be 5s don't generally like talking to me. I don't know whether it's because I'm intimidating or female, but they definitely straight up ignore me. Even when I directly ask them a question, they kind of stare and walk away.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This has all been interesting to read.

I'd like to add: if anyone has experience with the expression of one particular type, but with different dominant instincts (ex. sx-2 & sp-2), I am interested in reception of these differences.

·
Registered
18,510 Posts
Depends a lot on the 1. I don't like those that have sticks up their asses though I don't think I've come across anyone IRL. My impression of 1s is largely based on the enneagram community here on PerC.

I only know one decently well and he's an all right dude though I wish he wasn't as emotionally vapid as he is. Despite being a heart type he is extremely emotionally removed. A bit of a joker and sometimes I wish he would know when to take life a bit more seriously and not just fool around. My grandmother is also very likely a 2 and what I dislike is her smothering style and how she projects her needs on to me, especially her emotional ones.

I speak to one once in a while and they are ok but I definitely second that "slimey" is a good adjective in order to describe them. I also have an IRL acquaintance who selftypes as 3 and he is indeed also kind of slimey. I don't like how the more ambitious 3s tend to be big dickhead backstabbers. You can't trust a 3, ever, and that's a quality I don't like about them.

Depends a lot on the 4 but if you pair type 4 with Jungian Fi logic I can kiss my sorry ass goodbye because I'll spend most of my time thinking over how attractive that is. I have only known one 4 decently well but we never really connected on any deeper level and were never that intimate so.

5s make great intellectual partners but I wish they would be a little bit more "oomph"-like, like many of them just feel so emotionally detached and like they just lack presence and momentum.

I have a lot to say about 6 but I'm tired so I'll just briefly summarize in that I have a love-hate relationship with them. I second the anxious energy thing, though that's more common in unhealthy 6s. What I like about 6s is that if they attach to you, they are very dependable people but 6s are also very conniving and they will go out of their way to manipulate shit just because they think you are scary and I really dislike manipulation. It's one of the lowest things I think a person can do. I also wish 6s could just once a lifetime decide where they fucking stand on something like no vacillation.

I think I knew one 7 briefly and he was a serious megalomaniac fuck and he was going to change the world because only he could see how it could be improved. We met mostly in the intellectual.

Never known any other 8 so can't comment.

My dad is most likely a 9 and what I frustrates me the most with him is how he's so placid. A true doormat. I don't dislike my dad but I wish he would have a stronger force of will and stand up for things that he should stand up for. It's very difficult for him to mobilize in this way and he ideally rather not to. He prefers everyone to just get along kinda.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts