Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:tongue:

It's that time of year again and I'm looking for my best fit (I sound like a woman getting measured at a lingerie store)! I restored my INFJf account and saw that I had listed my type as IxTP, and that was also back when I first posted here and was told based on my intro that I gave off an ENFx or INFJ vibe and have since hopscotched through most of the boxes. :mellow: My, my, has my self-evaluation changed.

I'm much more familiar with Ne+Si than Se+Ni, which leaves I/E and T/F to figure out.

For whatever type you think I am, tell me why you think I'm that type. If asking questions would be helpful, by all means, do so. I'm not going to aimlessly write an essay about myself.

Okay, shoot. :happy:

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
YouTube - tumbleweed in Mojave

I don't even know where to start anymore when describing myself because so much of MBTI is confirmation bias, especially when I'm a teenager and my emotions are a relatively new development, but here we go:

• I'm a chameleon. It's silly to state that because that's the main issue here. d: I get along with just about anybody and be as serious or as goofy as I have to be as long as I don't get any narrowmindedness or bitchassness. Other things irritate me, but those are the top two.
  • I often give people the benefit of doubt, meaning that I don't assume I know anything about someone. People have reasons for being the way they are.
  • People are fun to figure out. :)
  • When it comes to school, I set the bar high. You know that one person in your class who does everything under the sun? That's me-- French club historian, art club, accelerated math/sci/tech oriented magnet school, AP classes, and I LIKE writing essays. If it's not my best, it's not good enough.
  • I've been a secularist all my life. I don't believe in and have never believed in God, karma, astrology, etc. There are more valid explanations for such phenomena.
  • That said, whether someone believes in God isn't a determining factor in the magnitude of someone's impact on society.
  • The world will never be perfect. Even if it was worth imagining that, it's more worth it to actually DO something about it.
Okay, you know what? I'm pushing ENFJ right now. xD I'll just leave you guys to interpret what you know about me. kthxbai.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Hot.

I MEAN!

Jokes aside, I don't know you too well, but I'd certainly like to. Though from your post in this thread you do seem ENFJish but maybe that's just here... ?

How much have you looked into cognitive functions?

Cognitive Processes

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not much. It was all Chinese to me when I first looked at it, but I got the main idea.

My feelings are relatively new to me and, of course, I'm a teenager. The functions are still in the process of developing. That said, with the way I present myself, I'm a lot more Fe than Fi, so xNTP and ENFJ are still strong possibilities.

DarkestHour (a.k.a. the INTJ spamming machine) seems to think ENTP. I was curious what the people who have seen me around here since forever ago think, too.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I'd count ENFJ out since it has Ni and your avatar and cookie monster picture seem to show a lot of Ne. (I didn't recognise him as being cookie monster at first! and I don't know what your avatar is all about... some symbolic abstract thing maybe.)

Have you heard about interaction styles? Interaction Styles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I tend to think you are the 'get things going' type since you seemed to have started a number of topics all by yourself and you even added another post and video when you weren't getting replies like you are trying to stir people up into action? So that means you are probably either ENFP or ENTP. I'd say ENTP just because you say you have more Fe but I don't really know.

·
Registered
162 Posts
"I'm a chameleon. It's silly to state that because that's the main issue here. d: I get along with just about anybody and be as serious or as goofy as I have to be as long as I don't get any narrowmindedness or bitchassness. Other things irritate me, but those are the top two." -I'd say this means Fi isn't a primary function--your sense of a subjective "self" isn't constant, it changes off of external input.

"When it comes to school, I set the bar high. You know that one person in your class who does everything under the sun? That's me-- French club historian, art club, accelerated math/sci/tech oriented magnet school, AP classes, and I LIKE writing essays." --I'd say that's Ne. "If it's not my best, it's not good enough." --and that's very Te.

Your writing style sounds sensor to me...lots of tangible examples and humor within those examples. Your pictures also seem sensor to me, and your reaction to learning cognitive functions is definitely sensor. You'd rather evaluate specific examples from your life than write a general essay about yourself or learn about abstractions of the theory you're trying to apply.

"The world will never be perfect. Even if it was worth imagining that, it's more worth it to actually DO something about it." -also very, very sensor.

Have you considered ESTJ? That accounts for your "Ne"-ness and ability to succeed in school, but it still leaves sensing more developed. With Fi as the inferior function, you'll have trouble identifying what makes you intrinsically different from other people...meaning, you'll call yourself a chameleon and go back and forth constantly about your MBTI type. :laughing:

On a slightly different, but potentially related, note-- you also sound extremely Enneagram 7 to me.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:S I thought that I was xSTJ back when I was eleven and self-deluded myself into testing as what I wished I was. J/P is perhaps the only dichotomy I've not been unsure of. There's no way I'm a judger. It's down to ENxP now.

I don't even know what the functions mean anymore. :confused: I saw the article titled something like, "Explaining Fi to Ti Types," and it just confused me even more. What the hell is subjective logic? Isn't the idea behind logic to think of things objectively? Or does it mean that everything is subject to interpretation and that human reasoning will never be fully objective? :S Confused the hell out of my INTJ SO, too. xD

Introverted Thinking: Analyzing; categorizing; evaluating according to principles and whether something fits the framework or model; figuring out the principles on which something works; checking for inconsistencies; clarifying definitions to get more precision. Analyzing your options using principles like comfort or “Red is a power color.”
Hahahaha, like when my INTP bestie and I argue semantics and syntax?

The clothing examples on the page Mikbert linked are definitely pointing me toward Ti. When shopping (goodness, I hate shopping), I relate to the following three statements the most:

Ne Extraverted iNtuiting: “Wearing this might communicate…”
Se Extraverted Sensing: Noticing what was available, trying on different items, and seeing how they look.
Ti Introverted Thinking: Analyzing your options using principles like comfort or “Red is a power color.”
Fi Introverted Feeling: Evaluating whether you like an outfit or not: “This outfit suits me and feels right.”
What? What exactly does "this outfit suits me" mean? Does it mean that it complements the person's figure or skin, hair, and eye coloring? Or is it about personal tastes? Or perhaps the impression they wish to give off? Or does the outfit "feel[ing] right" imply that you just KNOW? :confused:

Goodness, I sound like a five-year-old rattling off questions.

I wouldn't base my type on the shopping example alone, though. What do Ti and Fi look like in action in other cases?

Thanks again.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I saw the article titled something like, "Explaining Fi to Ti Types," and it just confused me even more. What the hell is subjective logic? Isn't the idea behind logic to think of things objectively? Or does it mean that everything is subject to interpretation and that human reasoning will never be fully objective? :S Confused the hell out of my INTJ SO, too. xD
Have you read this?: http://personalitycafe.com/myers-briggs-forum/24032-intro-function-theory-more-detailed-descriptions-each-function-attitude.html

Note that introverted judgment (Ti/Fi) seeks depth and specificity while extroverted judgment (Te/Fe) seeks broad applicability. Ti wants to define exactly what is logically correct under an extremely specific set of circumstances that may never happen in the real world, while Te seeks widely applicable objective consensus that can apply in many different situations.
I think that it's only classified as subjective because it's an internal process.

·
Banned
5 Posts
I made an account just to tell you that the Magic Cow said

(Insert picture of a cow here)
You're a ISTP! Congratulations!

Why, you may ask to the magic cow?

The Magic Cow answers

Because the Magic Cow needs her Magic Car fixed!

:sad::confused::shocked::cool:
I hope these smileys helped you decide on your true self!

Now, maybe you will need help from the magic crocodile
(Insert picture of a crocodile here)
The Magic Crocodile says that if a crocodile is a Fi user and sees a hurt crocodile, he will feel it like if HE was hurt to understand the hurted crocodile. The crocodile will also understand other by speaking with "I ___", "personally, ___". He will feel stuff internally... like o_O

And Ti sucks because T have no emotions and are non-magical robots.

Ok done~

·
11,928 Posts
You sound like a troll, but I'm gonna take some of what you said seriously...

The Magic Crocodile says that if a crocodile is a Fi user and sees a hurt crocodile, he will feel it like if HE was hurt to understand the hurted crocodile. The crocodile will also understand other by speaking with "I ___", "personally, ___". He will feel stuff internally... like o_O
So an Fi user would be more apt to feeling the other person's pain and understanding their emotions whereas an Fe-user might be more apt to understand where another person's coming from? Would it be the difference between understanding how things affect someone(Fi) and perhaps why things affect someone or even just that they affect someone(Fe)?

·
Banned
5 Posts
You sound like a troll, but I'm gonna take some of what you said seriously...

So an Fi user would be more apt to feeling the other person's pain and understanding their emotions whereas an Fe-user might be more apt to understand where the person's coming from? Would it be the difference between understanding how things affect someone(Fi) and perhaps why things affect someone or even just that they affect someone(Fe)?
My mom is a troll, so yes I do have some narutal instincts :S
Just like you seem to have natural instincts of a... nevermind o_o

You're right about Fi, and dunno about Fe.

This may not exactly answer what you're asking but

Lets say there's a hurt person
Mrs. Fi will understand this person by putting herself in the place of the person, so she would "feel" it. If it's a gangster, she'll say and think "I feel ya, bro". She would have like empathy for her...
Then when Mrs. Fi comes back home, she will tell what happened to others by saying like "Today, I met a very sad person. I feeled like I couldn't do anything for him, but I tried anyways. It made me feel so bad...".
However, when developping Te this makes ^ less hardcore (not 100% sure on this tough)

Mr. Fe will not "feel" the person (unless he also has a developped Fi), however he will be better than the Fi to help the person. I don't know that much about Fe, so I'll stop here instead of saying a bunch of false stuff.

ooof course, you probably figured it out, but that doesnt mean every Fe-dom will be better at helping in every situation than Fi-dom

And are you still doubting between ENFP and ENTP? ;)

·
11,928 Posts
Lets say there's a hurt person
Mrs. Fi will understand this person by putting herself in the place of the person, so she would "feel" it. If it's a gangster, she'll say and think "I feel ya, bro". She would have like empathy for her...
Then when Mrs. Fi comes back home, she will tell what happened to others by saying like "Today, I met a very sad person. I feeled like I couldn't do anything for him, but I tried anyways. It made me feel so bad...".
However, when developping Te this makes ^ less hardcore (not 100% sure on this tough)

Mr. Fe will not "feel" the person (unless he also has a developped Fi), however he will be better than the Fi to help the person. I don't know that much about Fe, so I'll stop here instead of saying a bunch of false stuff.
If I look at the fact that Te-users are concerned with empirical evidence and what can be measured and proven and all that shit, compare that to my Ti, and then compare those to Fi and Fe, I can get a better understanding.

...and if I look at this quote that makes a lot of sense to me:
Note that introverted judgment (Ti/Fi) seeks depth and specificity while extroverted judgment (Te/Fe) seeks broad applicability. Ti wants to define exactly what is logically correct under an extremely specific set of circumstances that may never happen in the real world, while Te seeks widely applicable objective consensus that can apply in many different situations.
I think that Ti is more about understanding things, that's why it'd be marked by having greater depth than Te. In that same way, I think that Fi is bent toward understanding humans in greater depth than Fe. Just like Ti understands how things work, Fi understands how people work...I think. So if someone is hurt, you'll be better at understanding those feelings. Fe might recognize that they're hurt and may be able to deduce why based on objective human elements, but they won't really understand exactly how it affects the person or why in anything but an almost shallow way. They might know what to say to make them feel better, but they won't fully understand it. If someone is pushed down the stairs for no reason, the Fe-user would see that it's wrong because that person did nothing. The Fi-user would look at it with more depth and include many more elements, I think. But I'm not too sure...
Te would say, "if I bake cookies for this long, they burn'. Ti would say, "if I bake cookies for this long, they'll burn because _____".
Fe would say, "if I do this, then person A feels___". Fi would say, "if I do this, then person A feels ___ because ___".

I think that's it, but only in basics. I'm just trying to understand the functions better xD

And are you still doubting between ENFP and ENTP? ;)
You're gonna get banned :laughing:
And no, I'm pretty sure I'm an ENTP at this point haha

·
Banned
5 Posts
Haha I'm not an expert, even if I (kinda) sound like it. I'm just repeating what other people say and claiming it my own :cool:

& i tought you wrote Te would say, "if I bake babies for this long, they burn'
i r disappoint :sad:

But ty for your deep explaination(how do you write that word o_o) ^_^

I'm probably going to get banned, but I really really really really wanted to post something about magic crocodiles </3

·
11,928 Posts
"if I bake babies for this long, they burn'
i r disappoint :sad:
Hey, cookies...babies...whatever you fancy!

·
11,928 Posts
You have much more to learn, grasshopper.

But to clarify, I have no idea if I'm even correct, I was just brainstorming some ideas as to the differences between Fe-Ti and Te-Fi. Does that make sense to you with your understanding of Te and Fi?

·
11,928 Posts
Can you apply any of that to yourself to maybe figure out whether you're Te-Fi or Fe-Ti?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts