Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sadly, I don't know enough about him to accurately type him myself, so I thought you all could help me. Anyone know of or have had experiences with an introverted thinking type that likes to persuade you into doing things? Gets a kick out of what they can persuade you into doing? Give examples if you can.

He's definitely an introvert and he's most likely a thinker. He is a lawyer in the Army (JAG). He seems intelligent and somewhat worldly, but really likes to see what he can get me to do. For instance, he finds the grossest alcoholic shot and talks me into drinking it (he's cute so of course I do it after some talking into haha). He looks like he's just sitting there quietly thinking and then you realize that he's thinking about what scheme he can come up with. Another example is that he tried to talk me into secretly pinching men at a bar. He laughed and smiled so hard when I did it (I thought it was a funny request) and the guys had no idea it was me that eventually the guys started thinking it was him and gave him really weird looks but he didn't seem to care.

The only types that come to mind are INTJ, INTP or ISTJ. What say you?

·
Registered
836 Posts
based on what he's trying to get you to do... he sounds like an S type.

but flirting is kind of not-type-able... and i think most of us act like S types in a bar setting.

still, i would guess he's an SJ. ISTJ? maybe? and remember everyone can be kind of quirky. almost no one is the stereotype of their type.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I dunno, he could be an extrovert-ish INTP, or just drunk. I love doing shit like that, except I'd be right in there pinching along side you.

PS order him a prairie fire sometime, or when he uses the can sneak some Tabasco in his beer. That oughta show him.

·
Registered
53 Posts
INTJ's are extremely persuasive and manipulative. I find it to be simply fascinating. I think it's important to keep in mind here, that persuasion applies to every type. Each type has their own way of approachability when it comes to either social or logical arguments. Though, this individual, in my opinion, seems like an INTJ or an INTP.

Good luck. :)

Reactions: entpreter

·
Registered
836 Posts
INTJ's are extremely persuasive and manipulative. I find it to be simply fascinating. I think it's important to keep in mind here, that persuasion applies to every type. Each type has their own way of approachability when it comes to either social or logical arguments. Though, this individual, in my opinion, seems like an INTJ or an INTP.

INTJs are not persuasive as a rule. Sure they may make detailed arguments using logic... but it's typically not persuasive on an emotional level.

Likewise, you cannot persuade an INTJ with emotional pleas.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
The minute I saw the title, I thought ISTP. I had an ISTP get me to walk away from an employer and start my own business. It was a huge jump for me and I only think this personality could get me to do it. Wasn't a bad idea either. I quadrupled my salary within 3 months. :happy:

And yeah, they have that whole "cute" and "adorable" thing. In fact it made me do something else they asked- go out with them. Could. not. resist. cuteness.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, everyone! I forgot to add that although he's quiet, he's very confident. I think that he knows he can get me (and probably others) to do silly things so he sees what he can get away with. He seems very well put-together and dressed (not necessarily name brands but just really well groomed) -- never a wrinkle in his clothing, etc. Really not sure if that means much for typing him but thought I'd add. This could have more to do with his Army background haha.

Reactions: pinkrasputin

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
I'm an INTJ and although I CAN persuade people into doing things if I wanted to, I don't think I ever do it...I simply don't find it funny or have no reason to do that. He reminds me of an ISTJ friend of mine (she's a girl) , but she has the same type of "fun" , she'll laugh about things that I don't find humorous, she'll come up with bizzare things for us to do but I don't think she actually wants to do it, she just likes to see my reaction? I don't know but I don't get her humour at all. For example what you said he makes you do, doesn't seem funny to me. And since it seems more of an "obvious funny" then a "subtle funny" I'd guess he's a Sensor.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I know an INTP like that. I'm an ESTP with a few ENTJ tendencies, so I often frustrate the heck out of him when I see through it. He does give good advice if he has it, but he has tricked people into doing some silly things before.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts

This is true. Emotional persuasion is actually just as easy for me as logical persuasion, but I don't know if it's the same for other INTJs. Even though I do think persuading people is fun, I wouldn't have a person do things like the OP described. That just seems pointless and frilly... and exactly like something an ISTP I know would do.

·
Banned
5,026 Posts
I know an INTP who think it's hilarious to kiss the cheeks of homophobes and convnces his friends to dress up as women and hang out at truck stops...he dresses like a slob though
I would guess IXTP.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
At first I thought he sounded like an E rather then I but you later added his quiet behavior. Then someone mentioned he was drunk and even INTJs can behave quite differently (MBTI typewise) when drunk. But in the end I have to agree with Violici on ISTJ. I think it's the biggest male type as well adding to the chances of guessing right.

I'm an INTJ and although I CAN persuade people into doing things if I wanted to, I don't think I ever do it...I simply don't find it funny or have no reason to do that. He reminds me of an ISTJ friend of mine (she's a girl) , but she has the same type of "fun" , she'll laugh about things that I don't find humorous, she'll come up with bizzare things for us to do but I don't think she actually wants to do it, she just likes to see my reaction? I don't know but I don't get her humour at all. For example what you said he makes you do, doesn't seem funny to me. And since it seems more of an "obvious funny" then a "subtle funny" I'd guess he's a Sensor.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts