Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 2234 Posts

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I like this idea. Google chat with four people of the SJ, SP, NF, and NT types would be interesting. No, this isn't going to be Hunger Games with one person representing their type in a digital battle to the death. But I could definitely see the informal conversation turn out well, if there are questions asked from members on this forum beforehand or made from the moderator. Maybe after the first video, I'd do one, but it depends on the time zone everyone is in and when they agree to do it. (Note: The NFgeeks would probably collaborate with you on a video. They seem open to making such things and have been producing a lot of videos with different types lately)

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
I'll be the SJ participant, if you're up for it. Let me know when and how you plan to set it up.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
No, this isn't going to be Hunger Games with one person representing their type in a digital battle to the death.
That sounds fun. I'm imagining it Pokemon style.

SJ used Concrete Fact!
It's super effective!
NF fainted!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Wow guys, I'm loving your responsiveness!

So I definitely won't have time to undertake this until after Tuesday. I may not have time until a couple of weeks after that... but definitely come early June, my schedule will open up. I will get in touch with everyone who's responded as soon as I have time. I won't forget about it, and my Je will follow through ;). In the meantime... tawk amongst yourselves?

Really looking forward to this...

·
Registered
486 Posts
I am interested in this concept, though ISTP representation has not yet been found, but I'm durn sure one of them would be up for it.
*looks left, looks right, sees no one*
*sigh*
ISTP representation reporting in for duty.
Please PM me or message me to set up times. :)

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Hey kids!

Here's a quick vid wrapping up my PhD (just cuz I wanted to share) and briefly commenting on gearing up for these type interaction videos. I expect to start sending out some messages to set things up with interested people within a week or so.

Looking forward to it, and for anyone who has interest but hasn't expressed it yet, please do!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Awesome video, I think you highly underestimate your ability to talk cohesively and tell a story on the fly, as I legitimately sat here for 12 minutes listening to you talk (and trust me, I honestly didn't think i was going to). Anywho, congrats on your PhD (hopefully :tongue:)

So to get back on topic; if you need an ISFJ I'd be more than happy. I have google+ or skype, so whatever you do end up using will work fine. Lemme know :cool:

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
I love it! Not being able to talk on the fly is kinda Ni-ish, I think. Se is probably much more useful for it so perhaps that's why it's difficult for you?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Ya know...the fact that you're 32 and pulling all night-ers like a college student is a clear indicator that you have retained a great deal of the wide-eyed passion and zeal so many people lose at a certain point, replacing enthusiasm with cynical realism or...safety and security. I'm inspired and challenged after hearing you talk. Life is meaningless without these types of challenges, even if, at the moment, this one seems overwhelming or not worth the stress. It makes me want to challenge myself with something way outside my wheelhouse. As far as spontaneous responses go (answering on the fly), you might want to engage your Se. So...maybe go for a swim in a lake or do a spontaneous interpretive dance to a favorite song or ... some roundhouse kicks, that type of thing. Um...just kidding. Do not listen to a word I just said!

·
Banned
1,933 Posts
Hey kids!

Here's a quick vid wrapping up my PhD (just cuz I wanted to share) and briefly commenting on gearing up for these type interaction videos. I expect to start sending out some messages to set things up with interested people within a week or so.

Looking forward to it, and for anyone who has interest but hasn't expressed it yet, please do!

Dr pneumoceptor!

I think this was easily your best video so far. It was extremely interesting to hear about all the work that you've put into your thesis and your toughts and feelings on the matter. I hope there will be conversation videos up in not too long.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Hello all you types!

@Geoffrey and I have just made the first (two part) chat in what I hope will become an expansive MBTI interaction series. We're both INFJs, so get ready for some introverted intuition. In the future, we *may* want to tighten things up and have shorter videos... I welcome feedback about this.

Thanks to everyone who expressed interest in doing similar videos with me. I have a hard time remembering whom I have and haven't gotten in touch with, so sorry if you expressed interest and I haven't set something up with you yet. If you are still interested, let me know!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Hello all you types!
Geoffrey and I have just made the first (two part) chat in what I hope will become an expansive MBTI interaction series. We're both INFJs, so get ready for some introverted intuition. In the future, we *may* want to tighten things up and have shorter videos... I welcome feedback about this.
Thanks to everyone who expressed interest in doing similar videos with me. I have a hard time remembering whom I have and haven't gotten in touch with, so sorry if you expressed interest and I haven't set something up with you yet. If you are still interested, let me know!
Hello, (Dr.) pneumoceptor,
-----Thank you for putting so much work into this. It was a pleasure meeting (and conversing with) you! I hope many more people get a chance to chat with you. It'll be interesting to see all the interesting things people learn. I wish you all the best as you pass this milestone (which is a very, very big and celebration-and-reward-(yourself)-worthy milestone) and move forward toward the next milestone, and ever closer to your personal vision.
All the best,
Geoffrey

·
Registered
392 Posts
Whoo-hoo! That was such an awesome video! I'm literally (well maybe not literally) shaking with excitement after having watched you two talk. I related so much with ALL OF IT...esp. the paradox of INFJs behaving like P's in certain ways and the thought processes underlying that behavior. I found myself laughing, because right when you (Pneumoceptor) said, "I feel like I could have been sitting there saying the same things you just said.." I was saying THAT same thing in MY mind. Anyway, you both are so very articulate and GREAT representatives of our controlled chaos. Thanks!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Whoo-hoo! That was such an awesome video! I'm literally (well maybe not literally) shaking with excitement after having watched you two talk. I related so much with ALL OF IT...esp. the paradox of INFJs behaving like P's in certain ways and the thought processes underlying that behavior. I found myself laughing, because right when you (Pneumoceptor) said, "I feel like I could have been sitting there saying the same things you just said.." I was saying THAT same thing in MY mind. Anyway, you both are so very articulate and GREAT representatives of our controlled chaos. Thanks!
Fun! I'm glad you enjoyed it :). Yes, controlled chaos... absolutely.

Who's up next? @Empurple? @CaptainMauzer? @Cloudlight? @JuliaRhys? @Kilgore Trout? @formal riot? @Jubeanation?

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
21 - 40 of 2234 Posts