Personality Cafe banner

401 - 420 of 2234 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #404
@pneumoceptor
Where is the male INFP interaction? Don't you discriminate us just 'cause we're rare! :ninja: :crazy:
What a serendipitous post this is. I present... more INFJ and INFP interactions with @sleeper!

(Sorry that it's a bit jump-cutty... the audio recording didn't work for about a third of the chat, unfortunately.)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Is it me, or do INFPs have this characteristic "detached dream-like voice"? It is just my observation, and the sample-size isn't big enough to guarantee that it is true.

·
Registered
380 Posts
pneumoceptor Thank you for all this questions.

No my INTJ is not on this forum, (not yet.) :proud:

Yes! To translate videos take TIIIIIIME. Pheeeew. Oh my.. I do not have the patience to do that.
:confused:

It is no problems with Mikes accent at all. I can hear and understand him very easily!

Oooh! IKEA is very BIG here in Sweden. Everyone in Sweden have something from IKEA.

I love to go to a BIG store. It's like meditation. :tongue:But on IKEA there is often many families with LOTS of children and "the meditation" can be terrible because of this. :bored:
Some IKEAs are so big that I can be very tired after.. But, I often like that kind of feeling. "To do so much that you get tired" :angry: :wink:

Now when it's summer time here in Sweden I like to be out in the woods and pick muschrooms. I never get enough of it, haha! Last summer I picked over 50 liters muchrooms. You know, my friends are happy about that! :tongue: I can't have that much mushroom in my fridge.
My INTJ are often with me in the woods. I activate him very well. Haha!! (oh, that sounds like he's a dog! hah!)

I don't know about that calmness I have to ask what he think.. Hmm.. :rolleyes: :proud:
That he talks more than me, I think he is more "relaxed" when he's with me.
He mostly wants to talk about his ideas with me. And about concepts.

PS. I am 32..(33 later this year) and he is 28.

Here is some Swedish-videos about "learning" to talk more Swedish, haha!! And not only "ugly"- / bad words, haha! :tongue: It is VERY funny videos!

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Not sure if this is where to post this, but I'd like to try it out. I'm not sure who I could interact with. I personally think I'll be super boring and a snooze fest lol. I get super shy in front of a camera too and very self-conscious. I'm trying to think of who would want to try it with me.....
I'm up for whatever though. I have loved watching all the interactions.

Anyone interested in talking with an ISFP type 7w6 let me know!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Aw, I wish I could have been more articulate. I was nervous if that wasn't obvious, haha. I had a very engaging partner so that was lovely, but I fell into a nervous self-consciousness that was inhibiting me at times. Anyway, I appreciate these videos, this idea and have learned a lot about others' thought processes. I like seeing others connecting. I seem very insular for the most part in this video. A bit unsettling. Er, and when I said I do things with people in mind, I meant I absolutely make art with the aim of it being shared. It is not just for myself, though I have to do it to survive. I feel isolated and alone in my head as it is. I need that to be for something and not just for the sake of having tormented myself all my life with futile introspection that served no purpose. I need to transcend that through my art or at the least express my experience in a way that is poetic and beautiful enough to draw people in for a moment.

edit: @dejavu, You're right. Fe is very expressive and Ni is good at filling in the gaps. That is one thing I enjoy about INFJ interactions. It's an openness and fluidity that can feel refreshing and grounding for INFPs sometimes (at least me).

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
What a serendipitous post this is. I present... more INFJ and INFP interactions with @sleeper!
Thanks so much for taking the plunge @sleeper! I really appreciated these videos. I have an INFP brother and we can talk for hours - and many of the things you expressed resonate with what I've heard him share. Your poetic and artistic talents and leanings had the tone and quality and feeling (for me) that I felt and saw while watching the movie "
." Have you seen it?

Do you guys think John Keats was perhaps INFP? I think their 'understated' (as mentioned by pneumoceptor) art is some of the most moving, and lasting impression-making in existence.

Bravo to you both! Another enjoyable installment!

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
Not sure if this is where to post this, but I'd like to try it out. I'm not sure who I could interact with. I personally think I'll be super boring and a snooze fest lol. I get super shy in front of a camera too and very self-conscious. I'm trying to think of who would want to try it with me.....
I'm up for whatever though. I have loved watching all the interactions.

Anyone interested in talking with an ISFP type 7w6 let me know!
I don't think I know any other ISFPs IRL (besides my 5 year old daughter whom I suspect is ISFP). It might be fun and interesting to do a video together - but if you have other types in mind that you'd like to talk to, that is completely great. I just thought I'd bite the hook....

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
@pneumoceptor @sleeper
Great job, you 2!! That video was extremely interesting. I don't know any INFP in real life, but I have came across with many INFP online (interestingly all 4w5). One thing that was very accurate was when pneumoceptor says that INFJ get surprised with INFP cause we have a lot in common. The INFP I have know (online) have many traits in common with me - traits that I have never found in other person...

·
Registered
520 Posts
I liked the video! I've been wanting to see another INFP do one and it was fun to watch. I love attempting to understand other people and it's fun when I actually do for the most part, haha.

Er, and when I said I do things with people in mind, I meant I absolutely make art with the aim of it being shared. It is not just for myself, though I have to do it to survive. I feel isolated and alone in my head as it is. I need that to be for something and not just for the sake of having tormented myself all my life with futile introspection that served no purpose. I need to transcend that through my art or at the least express my experience in a way that is poetic and beautiful enough to draw people in for a moment.
I knew what you meant, and I just wanted to say thank you for saying this. I've been very... frustrated? in my writing lately, and I couldn't figure out why. This definitely hit a note with me because I've been concentrating on making pieces beautiful in themselves, and for myself, and very much ignoring how it connects to other people, except when I want feedback on the quality. I do think about how the art is perceived - but I only think about it through my lens.

You're right, it seems so futile and circular to create something that is insightful but exists in isolation. It could be fantastic, but it couldn't relate to anything. I think Fi kind of does this to itself a lot, and I think it stresses itself out by going in futile circles like this - and I think that's what I've been doing with my writing. Hopefully y'all get what I'm saying.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
^I guess I kind of see both Fi and Ne in that last part.

I could totally see the 4 in @sleeper.

I think everybody gets a little bit nervous when first getting videos recorded and especially if they're able to see their web cam image on the video.

The bit about song lyrics is interesting to me, as it seems like lots of feelers tend to place a high value on them with music and it seems like especially NFs do. I'm probably making a connection as opposed to it actually having much to do with functions.

Speaking of which, the discussion about wanting to bring an idea, etc., out, reminds me of myself about most things. I feel like not many people have to agree with ideas but if I get some kind of "verification" it's a confidence booster.

The travel thing seems pretty agreeable.

·
Banned
4,227 Posts
@sleeper and @pneumoceptor

Excellent video! I really relate with the idea of doing something with others in mind - perhaps that's an Fi, 9 sort of thing. Also related with feeling the need to see things through the eyes of another person as well - but I think it's so interesting to compare the responses between you two on this, as pneumoceptor seemed to jive with the idea of doing something with tacit knowledge of another person in mind (Fe), whereas sleeper seemed more along the lines of "what do I think the other person would like?" (Fi). Sorry if this is distorting the fluency of the video and its insight - but I thought this one did a good job at identifying the similarities and differences between a dominant Fi user and auxiliary Fe user - the different positions, and uses of those functions at once. Enjoyable video to watch, even outside of that :)
@Lady Lullaby

I definitely think Keates was an INFP. Part of it is the appreciative tertiary Si though, in leveraging aesthetic objects - especially those from what Kant, etc had sort of "established" to be the status quo before. Part of the whole theory of aesthetics is very Si to me, valuing the discreteness of something being "sorted" as beautiful or not. This is such an important part of Keats odes (especially), and I think he used Si to supplement his Fi core values with structure and commonality with established principles.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #417
Here is some Swedish-videos about "learning" to talk more Swedish, haha!! And not only "ugly"- / bad words, haha! :tongue: It is VERY funny videos!
Hahahaha. Those videos were great. I'd like to see some for Simple English. I bet they'd be even more confusing :).

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #418
@sleeper:

It's really easy to critique ourselves, how we looked and what we said, in these videos. But realize that this is off the cuff, improv. You and I had a great, engaging conversation, and I feel like I learned some things. So you articulated well :). I enjoyed it... thanks!

401 - 420 of 2234 Posts