Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
INFJ less than 1%
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay first off i'm going to get it out the way that i'm likely a 6. I want to understand the specifics of my type, the wing and the instinctual variants, as there is 2 versions of my type. Also I don't break my promises you will get cookies ^^

Prerequisites
What age range are you in?

21-25, being vague just because

Any disorders or conditions we should know about?
I've had anxiety all my life, depression started halfway through

Main Questions

1. What do you think your life is about? What drives you in life? This can be something like a goal or a purpose, or anything else that comes to mind.

Life is trying to survive and pass your genetic material, there really is not anything more to it. It is very hard, a lot like navigating through an RPG except you have no guidance. You can build connections with people but i kinda believe we are all on our own. At least I've always felt i'm on my own. I am aware that everyone has their own set of problems.

2. What were you like as a kid?
Shy, hiding from people, very scared to talk. Scared to get in trouble and of those who did get in trouble. I never really bullied anyone even if everyone else was doing it.

3. Describe your relationship with your parents. Does anything stand out about the way you interacted?
My parents did their thing and i did my thing. I remember being on my own during childhood a lot tbh. I have my siblings, but my parents were always the adults in the background who I couldn't interact with. Even if i tried, they wouldn't be concerned with what i said and they would not reassure me of anything i was afraid of. I don't fight with my parents much, and when I have done in the past there has been reasons behind it, like them doing something that hurt me. I found out my mother was still trying to contact her abusive alcoholic of an ex and I lost it at her for still trying to bother with him.

4. What values are important to you? What do you hope to avoid doing or being?
I just value being decent I guess? Doing the right thing? What i avoid being is a hard question. I guess i try to avoid being unhealthy, or reckless. I don't want to appear rude or mean to people. I feel too guilty if i think i've done that.

5. Aside from phobias, are there any fears that characterized your childhood? Have they continued into the present day, or not, and if not, how have you dealt with them?
Fears that characterized my childhood - people? I've always had social anxiety but it was intense during childhood. Because of circumstances during my childhood i also picked up that there was something wrong with me, something that makes me stand out from my peers, because of the way the curriculum treated me. Now I'm just trying to embrace being different, I do not want to be a basic person anyway. Social anxiety is getting less bad the more i've been forced to expose myself. I've always been scared to come out my shell which is a frustrating thing about myself. But life has forced me to do that thankfully. I'm still awkward though, but maybe that isn't a bad thing.

6. a.) How do you see yourself? - incompetent, different. maybe independent.
b.) How do you want others to see you? - kind, quiet, different, funny
c.) What do you dislike the most in other people? - people who are loud and ignorant

7. Which habit do you most automatically act on? Rank the following habits from most to least automatic, on a scale of 1 (most) to 3 (least).
a.) Work for personal gain with more concern for self than for others. 3
b.) Strive for a sense of tranquility in yourself and the world around you 2
c.) Decide what is right for the betterment of something or someone else. 1

8. Where does the wandering mind take you? What provokes this?
My mind is a tangled mess of anxious thoughts, preparing for life or people to throw shit at me. I guess it does that because i'm trying to prevent the worst and protect myself that way. At the same time, I like to expect the worse to avoid disappointment. However i had learned thats not always the best approach so lately i've been trying not to do that. I really don't want these thoughts in my head, but im a slave to those thoughts. I can only try to control them and keep them at bay. I wish i could think about things that would give me more value or creativity. Instead it's chaotic, like the universe is.

9.What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
I'm not sure what my "best" is. I take pride in my skills and being correct. I'm not a huge nerd who remembers all their high school maths equations or something but i do like excelling in tests and trivia. I feel my worst when...I do something embarrassing in front of people or someone i love seems disappointed in me.

10. Let's talk about emotions. Explain what might make you feel the following, how they feel to you or how you react to the emotion:
a.) anger - recently my anger has been indignation or disgust. how can people be okay with the bad things they do?
b.) shame - i will feel shame if someone criticizes me. It will just make me cry tbh and i will give in to it.
c.) anxiety - i've talked plenty about anxiety, especially in question 8. I try to control it, outwardly appearing cool as a cucumber.

11. Describe how you respond to the following:
a.) stress - i start catastrophizing, frantically trying to get everything done every minute of the day until it is and i have nothing left to worry about.
b.) negative unexpected change - this is what i try to prevent/ avoid at all costs. I either have to work around it, adapt and make the best of a bad situation. Or i just succumb to it. Depending on what the change and situation is. Is it in my control or is it not?
c.) conflict - i try to resolve it, i keep arguing and arguing until they get my point. I know i have a problem where i forget about setting boundaries. I do not walk away, because i don't think it accomplishes anything. It does though, sometimes the air has to be cooled. I hate silent treatment, sitting there no knowing what each person is thinking. That drives me crazy. Again that's partly because of my anxiety, I can't deal with uncertainty. My thoughts jump to the worse scenario ie "yes it's because they hate me"

12. a.) What kind of role are you naturally inclined to take in a group? Why?
I take a backseat, because i dont think my contributions are valuable in a group.

b.) If put in power, how do you behave? Why?
I couldn't tell you because i've never been in power. I never have any control over anyone except myself.

c.) Do you tend to struggle with others who have authority over you? Why?
It depends if they are good authority or not. I will do anything my boss tells me, because i have to. I used to be scared of authority when i was younger as i said in the first questions. I would follow rules like a goody two shoes and never get in trouble. Now i have no idea. I don't exactly respect authority, but i need them to tell me what to do because i dont know what im doing. If they do something i disagree with i could maybe press them but i can't cross the line if they won't hear me out.

13. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?
that they're an asshole ...that's about it really. In groups ive been quicker than everyone else to realize someone in that group is... not great. Other than that, i don't have any deep, intuitive insights about people. Sometimes i do get curious because often they surprise me. For example i don't expect an extroverted bubbly person to say they also experience anxiety issues.

14. Comment on your relationship with trust.
I don't know where to start really. I've always thought i don't trust people, but if that was the case how have i been so easily manipulated in the past? Why has it took just a few golden words to earn my trust? Basically if someone messes up i will really struggle to trust them again. Honestly i wouldn't trust them again. I do not trust my parents to stop doing the things they do. I do not trust anyone to keep their word, because guess what they don't usually. I by no means expect anyone to be perfect, I know things happen unexpectedly or people mess up. But believe me i've heard the most ridiculous excuses before. I have trust issues but i like to think there's a reason they are there. If i think someone is trustworthy i will take my guard down though, on purpose or subconsciously. I probably need to stop being cynical...it's hard though. I probably need to chill out a little and have more of a "you do you" attitude towards other people.

that is all :) sorry i don't know how to colour the test or make it more readable on this strange layout.

·
Registered
INFJ less than 1%
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
w7, sp/so My best guess.
So phobic 6w7?
Now I think about it this questionnaire doesn't have much opportunity for varients to show.

Pls like m&ms

·
Registered
448 Posts
well, i don't really grok on the ph/cp 6 thing, they do it all. But if you mean demure first, then yeah.

edit: to get a little wordy about it, IMO, the phobic/counter is just an evolution of relationship to anything. The more it gets toward the soft spot, blind spot, whatever.... the closer it gets, the more control it presents. The stakes get higher, the stress gets higher, Sooner or later something (or someone) has to give. Some start hard and evolve to a soft 'acquiescence' (perhaps without ever really giving in). Others feel the 'backstop' of already having given too much and need to preserve what they still have, as a type ordeal. Non-negotiable. Game-over. Any could do both, I was there, but now I'm not. The fluidity of thinking-fear. Obviously the particular instincts play a role. Again, just my view.

·
Registered
15,044 Posts
1. What do you think your life is about? What drives you in life? This can be something like a goal or a purpose, or anything else that comes to mind.
Life is trying to survive and pass your genetic material, there really is not anything more to it. It is very hard, a lot like navigating through an RPG except you have no guidance. You can build connections with people but i kinda believe we are all on our own. At least I've always felt i'm on my own. I am aware that everyone has their own set of problems.
6, 9

I just value being decent I guess? Doing the right thing? What i avoid being is a hard question. I guess i try to avoid being unhealthy, or reckless. I don't want to appear rude or mean to people. I feel too guilty if i think i've done that.
Seems 9w1. Very 9 with a tinge of 1.

You seem very heart fix last. I don't really see any heart type for you, actually. Especially based on your lack of detail in image-oriented questions such as this. I don't even think you're as concerned with tritype anyway, so that's okay.

7. Which habit do you most automatically act on? Rank the following habits from most to least automatic, on a scale of 1 (most) to 3 (least).
This isn't one of my favorite questions because this doesn't explain much about people's types unless they elaborate. Why have you ranked the habits this way?

My mind is a tangled mess of anxious thoughts, preparing for life or people to throw shit at me. I guess it does that because i'm trying to prevent the worst and protect myself that way. At the same time, I like to expect the worse to avoid disappointment. However i had learned thats not always the best approach so lately i've been trying not to do that. I really don't want these thoughts in my head, but im a slave to those thoughts. I can only try to control them and keep them at bay. I wish i could think about things that would give me more value or creativity. Instead it's chaotic, like the universe is.
Very 6

I'm not sure what my "best" is. I take pride in my skills and being correct. I'm not a huge nerd who remembers all their high school maths equations or something but i do like excelling in tests and trivia. I feel my worst when...I do something embarrassing in front of people or someone i love seems disappointed in me.

10. Let's talk about emotions. Explain what might make you feel the following, how they feel to you or how you react to the emotion:
a.) anger - recently my anger has been indignation or disgust. how can people be okay with the bad things they do?
This seems very 1-ish, actually. Fixation on being correct, disgust with people's lack of morality.

a.) stress - i start catastrophizing, frantically trying to get everything done every minute of the day until it is and i have nothing left to worry about.
b.) negative unexpected change - this is what i try to prevent/ avoid at all costs. I either have to work around it, adapt and make the best of a bad situation. Or i just succumb to it. Depending on what the change and situation is. Is it in my control or is it not?
c.) conflict - i try to resolve it, i keep arguing and arguing until they get my point. I know i have a problem where i forget about setting boundaries. I do not walk away, because i don't think it accomplishes anything. It does though, sometimes the air has to be cooled. I hate silent treatment, sitting there no knowing what each person is thinking. That drives me crazy. Again that's partly because of my anxiety, I can't deal with uncertainty. My thoughts jump to the worse scenario ie "yes it's because they hate me"
I don't think that CP vs P is very important (if you can't tell, it means you are probably fairly balanced, and besides, all 6s have instances of both).

You definitely seem more on the phobic side (especially due to strong 9w1 fix, imo). However, you do have instances of "counterphobic" tendencies, such as your answer to the conflict. That's why I don't think it's a necessary thing to really state.

But anyway, this answer does seem very 6.

It depends if they are good authority or not. I will do anything my boss tells me, because i have to. I used to be scared of authority when i was younger as i said in the first questions. I would follow rules like a goody two shoes and never get in trouble. Now i have no idea. I don't exactly respect authority, but i need them to tell me what to do because i dont know what im doing. If they do something i disagree with i could maybe press them but i can't cross the line if they won't hear me out.
Seems compliant triad (1,2,6). Not so much 1. I think 6 is accurate.

that they're an asshole ...that's about it really. In groups ive been quicker than everyone else to realize someone in that group is... not great. Other than that, i don't have any deep, intuitive insights about people. Sometimes i do get curious because often they surprise me. For example i don't expect an extroverted bubbly person to say they also experience anxiety issues.
Yeah, this sort of reading into people does seem pretty 6. Probably sp/so.

I don't know where to start really. I've always thought i don't trust people, but if that was the case how have i been so easily manipulated in the past? Why has it took just a few golden words to earn my trust? Basically if someone messes up i will really struggle to trust them again. Honestly i wouldn't trust them again. I do not trust my parents to stop doing the things they do. I do not trust anyone to keep their word, because guess what they don't usually. I by no means expect anyone to be perfect, I know things happen unexpectedly or people mess up. But believe me i've heard the most ridiculous excuses before. I have trust issues but i like to think there's a reason they are there. If i think someone is trustworthy i will take my guard down though, on purpose or subconsciously. I probably need to stop being cynical...it's hard though. I probably need to chill out a little and have more of a "you do you" attitude towards other people.
Yeah, this seems really 6. Your focus on personal security and whatnot leads to trust issues. sp dom likely

that is all :) sorry i don't know how to colour the test or make it more readable on this strange layout.
Same, lol. But your formatting looks fine to me.

Anyway, yeah, 6 seems accurate. I think you have a quite strong 9w1 fix as well, though, to the point I have wondered if it could be your type. 6 sounds stronger though, especially since you seem more fixated on anxiety rather than anger.

I think you have a lot of sp with some so and they work together, so sp/so for variants.

I have more difficulty in determining whether you are w5 or w7, but you give me more of a flighty vibe and I generally see more similarities to 7 than 5.

So, it basically sounds like I copied Fullfathom but added more BS to my answer. But I think they're right.

My typing skills aren't great, but I still would like my cookie. :)

·
Registered
INFJ less than 1%
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This isn't one of my favorite questions because this doesn't explain much about people's types unless they elaborate. Why have you ranked the habits this way?
Looks like you've got your mind set on 6 with a 9w1 fix but i will quickly explain why lol

I don't value being selfish, like throwing people under the bus for my own sake. I also am just not focused on success i think, i have my goals but i'm not as determined as that. There are things more important to me than that. The other two are both important but the "and the world around you" is probably why i had that as 2. Life is always going to be chaotic and it's unrealistic to try and get this sense of tranquility around it, as much as i'd like to. c) is 1 because this is basically what i'm always trying to do. I try to make sure it's not in a controlling way but i want to help people who are close to me.

Same, lol. But your formatting looks fine to me.

Anyway, yeah, 6 seems accurate. I think you have a quite strong 9w1 fix as well, though, to the point I have wondered if it could be your type. 6 sounds stronger though, especially since you seem more fixated on anxiety rather than anger.

I think you have a lot of sp with some so and they work together, so sp/so for variants.

I have more difficulty in determining whether you are w5 or w7, but you give me more of a flighty vibe and I generally see more similarities to 7 than 5.

So, it basically sounds like I copied Fullfathom but added more BS to my answer. But I think they're right.

My typing skills aren't great, but I still would like my cookie. :)
Yep a lot have said i was type 9, but maybe i appear that way because the head triad makes so much more sense for me. I actually used to be type 1(w9). fixation on anger can defintely be a thing that's why i was type 1 a few years back.
I didn't expect Social variants, i will look into that ^^

Ofc you can have a cookie, ty jaune :)

·
Registered
15,044 Posts
Looks like you've got your mind set on 6 with a 9w1 fix but i will quickly explain why lol

I don't value being selfish, like throwing people under the bus for my own sake. I also am just not focused on success i think, i have my goals but i'm not as determined as that. There are things more important to me than that. The other two are both important but the "and the world around you" is probably why i had that as 2. Life is always going to be chaotic and it's unrealistic to try and get this sense of tranquility around it, as much as i'd like to. c) is 1 because this is basically what i'm always trying to do. I try to make sure it's not in a controlling way but i want to help people who are close to me.
I see. I think this does make you seem more 1, but I don't think your elaboration changes my opinion on your type.

Yep a lot have said i was type 9, but maybe i appear that way because the head triad makes so much more sense for me. I actually used to be type 1(w9). fixation on anger can defintely be a thing that's why i was type 1 a few years back.
I didn't expect Social variants, i will look into that ^^

Ofc you can have a cookie, ty jaune :)
I don't know, maybe the things about you that seem social variant are just w7 or a 9 fix, but as a social-blind with strong 6 I don't relate to a couple of your answers (i.e. your response to authority, or your answer to question 13). It just seems like even if you are introverted and shy, you are generally aware of group dynamics. Even if you feel as though you don't fit in, it appears to be something in your mind. Also, from this questionnaire, I don't see too much indication of the sx variant. I still think sp is first though and that you have a lot of it.

·
私を愛して
ESTJ; LSE; 3w4; Sp/Sx
14,683 Posts
Type me and i'll give you a cookie :)
At first I was getting 5w6, but as I was reading I got 6w5.
My guess is 6w5-1w9-4w5.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Okay first off i'm going to get it out the way that i'm likely a 6. I want to understand the specifics of my type, the wing and the instinctual variants, as there is 2 versions of my type. Also I don't break my promises you will get cookies ^^

Prerequisites
What age range are you in?

21-25, being vague just because

Any disorders or conditions we should know about?
I've had anxiety all my life, depression started halfway through

Main Questions

2. What were you like as a kid?
Shy, hiding from people, very scared to talk. Scared to get in trouble and of those who did get in trouble. I never really bullied anyone even if everyone else was doing it.

3. Describe your relationship with your parents. Does anything stand out about the way you interacted?
My parents did their thing and i did my thing. I remember being on my own during childhood a lot tbh. I have my siblings, but my parents were always the adults in the background who I couldn't interact with. Even if i tried, they wouldn't be concerned with what i said and they would not reassure me of anything i was afraid of. I don't fight with my parents much, and when I have done in the past there has been reasons behind it, like them doing something that hurt me. I found out my mother was still trying to contact her abusive alcoholic of an ex and I lost it at her for still trying to bother with him.

5. Aside from phobias, are there any fears that characterized your childhood? Have they continued into the present day, or not, and if not, how have you dealt with them?
Fears that characterized my childhood - people? I've always had social anxiety but it was intense during childhood. Because of circumstances during my childhood i also picked up that there was something wrong with me, something that makes me stand out from my peers, because of the way the curriculum treated me. Now I'm just trying to embrace being different, I do not want to be a basic person anyway. Social anxiety is getting less bad the more i've been forced to expose myself. I've always been scared to come out my shell which is a frustrating thing about myself. But life has forced me to do that thankfully. I'm still awkward though, but maybe that isn't a bad thing.

c.) What do you dislike the most in other people? - people who are loud and ignorant

b.) shame - i will feel shame if someone criticizes me. It will just make me cry tbh and i will give in to it.
c.) anxiety - i've talked plenty about anxiety, especially in question 8. I try to control it, outwardly appearing cool as a cucumber.

12. a.) What kind of role are you naturally inclined to take in a group? Why?
I take a backseat, because i dont think my contributions are valuable in a group.

b.) If put in power, how do you behave? Why?
I couldn't tell you because i've never been in power. I never have any control over anyone except myself.

Hi there,

I know you’ve been around this forum for quite some time, I’m sorry the personality typing hasn’t set for you yet. It could be a good practice just to reevaluate yourself every now and then.

Since you wager you’re most likely a 6, I can read this as well from your writing. You have a lot of compliance type notes sprinkled throughout your writing — disliking people who are indecent and loud, etc. —.

By wing type, I would wager wing 5, since you seem to have this sort of deeper understanding for the workings of the world — particularly from question 1.. doesn’t seem 7ish.

Instincts type I’d have to say SP first—- I don’t sense that sx intensity and I don’t sense that social status is your first focus. I also... didn’t sense any sx notes at all. So I’d wager Sp/So.

Regarding fixes, from the heart triad I would say 4 because I read a lot of stuff about being genuine and kind. Also... 1 - fix with the being proper, behaving, being decent, etc.

If those aren’t the case.. I could also see 2 and 9 as alternate fixes.

But my guess would be 6w5, 641 tritype Sp/So.

Does this check out for you?

·
Registered
INFJ less than 1%
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi there,

I know you’ve been around this forum for quite some time, I’m sorry the personality typing hasn’t set for you yet. It could be a good practice just to reevaluate yourself every now and then.

Since you wager you’re most likely a 6, I can read this as well from your writing. You have a lot of compliance type notes sprinkled throughout your writing — disliking people who are indecent and loud, etc. —.

By wing type, I would wager wing 5, since you seem to have this sort of deeper understanding for the workings of the world — particularly from question 1.. doesn’t seem 7ish.

Instincts type I’d have to say SP first—- I don’t sense that sx intensity and I don’t sense that social status is your first focus. I also... didn’t sense any sx notes at all. So I’d wager Sp/So.

Regarding fixes, from the heart triad I would say 4 because I read a lot of stuff about being genuine and kind. Also... 1 - fix with the being proper, behaving, being decent, etc.

If those aren’t the case.. I could also see 2 and 9 as alternate fixes.

But my guess would be 6w5, 641 tritype Sp/So.

Does this check out for you?

I'm still asking about enneagram because i've been much more focused on other theories since i've been here. Enneagram is just hard to get into, because all websites say different things and it takes a lot of digging to research terms such as "compliance" "reactivity". I can vaguely guess what they mean though.

I think 5 is more withdrawn than 7 so that's probably me :)

I'm actually a little confused about the SX vs SO. I've been self typed as an Sx/sp for a while, occasionally switching them over, yet no one sees SX in my questionnaire lol. The reason i was SX dom is because i value relationships (one to one) more than finding a social group or crowd. I'm very intensely focused on my relationship with another person and their attitude towards me even. In terms of hobbies i often find something very niche and become attached to it. This maybe sounds weird but I am very self concious about my own sex appeal too, that's the one image related thing i care about. I think everyone is seeing SO from this thread because i'm aware of social dynamics or care what people think? Which is true as well. So where im at is SP is definitely in the lead.

I do relate to 1 alot, except as a core fear i'm not afraid of being seen as bad or immoral - except maybe by loved ones. I relate to 9s core fear though.

2 fix is interesting, i will look into that.

Also cookie :)

·
Registered
7,156 Posts
I'm still asking about enneagram because i've been much more focused on other theories since i've been here. Enneagram is just hard to get into, because all websites say different things and it takes a lot of digging to research terms such as "compliance" "reactivity". I can vaguely guess what they mean though.
I think Naranjo's stuff is good though his writing can be tough to get into at first.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I think it's hard to see sx on a board. What's profound and intense to one person are just words to someone else. I'm speaking from experience, and I'm not even sx. Instead, we have to examine how that intensity ebbs and flows through the relationship with other qualities and sadly I don't have that relationship so I only see the words. Just thinking aloud.

·
Registered
INFJ less than 1%
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, you seem to have a lot the attitude that everyone is on their own, but I'm curious if you've always thought like this?
lol
Probably not honestly, I was clingy when i was younger. It's something i realized getting older, and it's just what my situation is like as well like my family weren't the most supportive type.
Also i keep finding websites based on naranjo but not his/her actual writing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts