Personality Cafe banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been stuck again in the loop of typing myself and it's been years i still don't know my type, any opinion is highly appreciated! English is my 3rd language please don't be hard on me thanks.

I've found these questions on other typing forums i hope this format helps.

How old are you? What's your gender? Give us a general description of yourself.
I'm a 21yo girl, it's hard to describe myself cause people may see me in different ways according to how i want to present myself.
I see me as a restless mind with a tired body, I'm easy to irritate and I need my alone time a lot even if I'm probably an extroverted person. I appear as a cold intimidating person according to strangers even if I'm warmer with loved ones.
My humor may seem weird and harsh to strangers, even offensive.

Is there a medical diagnosis that impact your mental/comportamental stability somehow?
An ongoing status of mild depression since I was a child which i can now manage by motivating myself and keeping myself quite busy. Also anxiety but i can deal with it, it's sometimes debilitating (hate eating in front of people, i get attacks sometimes when in school).
Childhood trauma (emotional and physical neglect).

Describe your upbringing. Did it have any kind of religious or structured influence? How did you respond to it?
I actually didn't, I realized I was LGBT at 11yo and I've never had a problem with myself. I feel free to think the way I want despite my family being christian.

What do you do as a job or as a career (if you have one)? Do you like it? Why or why not?
I do study industrial design in university, I have a vague idea on where i see myself in some years and I'd like to stay in this field. I picked design after leaving engineering cause it was too abstract in a way that memorizing books makes no sense to me if in the end you can't do some practical stuff that will get you a job. My aspirations are quite big cause i live in a competitive environment and I'd like to have resources and not worry about basic needs in the future.

If you had to spend an entire weekend by yourself, how would you feel? Would you feel lonely or refreshed?
I do spend the vast majority of my weekends alone, i don't mind being with my friends at all but in reality we're all quite busy and i kind of miss them after some time. I don't like wasting evenings with people i don't fully like (it's hard for me to find good friends who can bear with my personality honestly).
I learned to get out of my comfort zone and engage with strangers to challenge my anxiety.

What is your relation with movement and your surroundings? For instance do you prefer a sport or outdoors event? If an outdoors event what is it? And why? If not what type of activities do you tend to engage i?
I'm not good at sports cause i feel im going to faint most of the time, I'm quite skinny and healthy and the only thing I can do is gymnastics and yoga. Outdoor events don't bother me if there are no insects and if it's not too hot/sunny.

How curious are you? Do you have more ideas then you can execute? What are your curiosities about? What are your ideas about - is it environmental or conceptual, and can you please elaborate?
I'm quite curious, i get a lot of inspo and ideas i don't execute (i figured out i have to plan in my mind a lot before deciding to organize an activity cause most of the time my excitement will fade in a short time so i need to see if it's worth it).
Example: before buying clothes i mental check if they fit into my aesthetics or if I want to modify them, suggestions open a world of ideas but i reality check it a lot to not waste resources or time into useless activities.
I'm also curious on philosophical matters (spirituality and the occult which i practice) and I'm highly attracted to it. The books i read are mostly about these topics or historical biographies (i don't like fantasy genres cause they tend to be ridiculous even if I fantasize a lot as a form of escapism).

Would you enjoy taking on a leadership position? Do you think you would be good at it? What would your leadership style be?
I don't enjoy being a leader cause it comes with responsibility but seeing incompetent leaders makes me anxious so my first instinct is to take the lead or criticize and give options to do better (i critique politics and the system a lot, some people tell me I'm a lot cause "talking about it will solve nothing" and I'm unbearable). I'm good at leading cause I'm anxious and i constantly check on the work so deadlines for projects are respected, i try to include everybody in projects and listen to ideas but if i see they are incapable i just prefer to cut them and do the job myself and with who actually works. Despite me being a procrastinator the anxiety of having a responsibility makes me take action and be more efficient.

Are you coordinated? Why do you feel as if you are or are not? Do you enjoy working with your hands in some form? Describe your activity?
I am good with art and actually capable most of the time with precise hand work (i made tiny physical models for projects who were really good tbh), i draw since forever (realistic drawing) and my eyes are skilled, I've played the piano for years, I'm patient if i love what I'm doing otherwise i throw everything if I'm in a bad mood. I'm also quite ok with make up and sewing (free hand), I'm precise with technical drawings too and i hate if something is badly done.
Body coordination is bad with sport but years of studying music helped me to coordinate my body rhythm if it makes sense. I don't dance tough, just in my room sometimes.

Are you artistic? If yes, describe your art? If you are not particular artistic but can appreciate art please likewise describe what forums of art you enjoy. Please explain your answer.
I already answered somehow, i love art that is detailed and fits into my aesthetic, i try various forms of creative art but i tend to procrastinate it a lot and I'm not consistent with it, i can't keep a sketchbook that isn't perfect so i end up not drawing. I appreciate people who dance and sing well, i find museums boring and pretentious if it's not something I'm passionate about.

What's your opinion about the past, present, and future? How do you deal with them?
Everything makes me anxious to think about it cause i feel embarrassed of my past self even if i recognize development, the present is confused and the future makes me anxious.

Do you need logical consistency in your life?
I guess.

How important is efficiency and productivity to you?
Important at school and job, i like to have an organized house and drawers but in my personal life I'm not that efficient and i like to take my time for some activities (procrastination and over planning, cleaning that takes days). It bothers me when I'm not productive but at the same time i procrastinate half of my to do list.

Do you control others, even if indirectly? How and why do you do that?
Yes i do when i feel they're doing wrong and i don't have everything under control but in the other hand I'm not controlling with a partner or friends, it's a control over something that could go wrong in a future situation rather than relationships. I also tend to manipulate others, not in a bad bad way but i recognize i tend to influence opinions to make people agree with me.

What are your hobbies? Why do you like them?
I procrastinate hobbies , they're mentioned above.

What is your learning style? What kind of learning environments do you struggle with most? Why do you like/struggle with these learning styles? Do you prefer classes involving memorization, logic, creativity, or your physical senses?
I struggle with memorizing lots of useless paragraphs, i could do that in high school cause i liked the subjects and i engaged with everything (i love both literary and scientific fields). I hated gym class and math/physics when the teacher didn't explain it in a system i could understand so i had to reorganize the entire topic in a way i could find the logic myself.
I found hard to study philosophers that don't resonate with me. Using physical senses helps me to memorize the lesson as much as actively engaging with debate (i have a strong visive memory, i take mental pictures of everything).

How good are you at strategizing? Do you easily break up projects into manageable tasks? Or do you have a tendency to wing projects and improvise as you go?
I tend to break up projects before to have a general plan, i use the word "strategy" a lot into my daily life (ex: i have an event to attend, i study the place on internet, the people that will attend and decide an outfit etc based on my research, i do this a lot with everything in general).

What are your aspirations?
Find the meaning of life if there is any and find peace, financial stability and travel.

What are your fears? What makes you uncomfortable? What do you hate? Why?
Fear of seeming like a failure in the eyes of others. People who express their emotions in extreme way and manipulation make me uncomfortable, honestly a lot of things irritate me but sometimes i have to take a deep breath and let it go.
I absorb the mood of a room and people so i feel like their emotions are my responsibility which is uncomfortable, that results in people pleasing behavior or often asking if everything's ok which i read as anxiety and consequence of childhood trauma.

What do the "highs" in your life look like?
I don't procrastinate and i spend time with people and doing stuff that helps my wellbeing, future and intellect.

What do the "lows" in your life look like?
Depression, anxiety with extreme procrastination and constant overthinking and judging others, bad food habits, lots of crying alone for no reason.

How attached are you to reality? Do you daydream often, or do you pay attention to what's around you? If you do daydream, are you aware of your surroundings while you do so?
I like realistic things (even if i feel everything is possible i don't want to be delusional) but i daydream as escapism. I detach a lot and depersonalize sometimes (not good). I can spend hours staring at a white wall in silence.

Imagine you are alone in a blank, empty room. There is nothing for you to do and no one to talk to. What do you think about?

I escape with my mind somewhere else to not have anxiety about the fact I'm recluded in a white room like a psycho.

How long do you take to make an important decision? And do you change your mind once you've made it?
I have to evaluate every pro and con (i do this every day especially when grocery shopping to get the best deal), i rarely change my mind cause i think and evaluate a lot, i analyze how a decision will impact my future.
I apply this into relationships too, i don't give a chance to people i see as unworthy in the long run.

How long do you take to process your emotions? How important are emotions in your life?
I need time to think alone in silence a lot and process stuff, emotions are important and it's ok to let them out, i do it in an unhealthy way too but i appreciate when people can cry, it's important to get over it, i don't like being in a room with people who cry uncontrollably or scream cause i will just shut off in panic. I usually offer comfort to people who cry instinctively even if sometimes my mind tells me they're pathetic and embarrassing (I'm either empathetic or apathetic depending on my mood unfortunately).
I usually can quickly get over my anger but at the same time my mood can change immediately if i get irritated. I'm not a fan of long grudges.

Do you ever catch yourself agreeing with others just to appease them and keep the conversation going? How often? Why?
I can agree on minor things but sometimes i fixate on stuff i have to ignore cause i know disagreeing will open a debate (i do debate a lot in my mind) and i have learned to pick my battles. I usually try to find another point of view on an opinion just to see if it's a valid one, even if i trust a friend i ask them "what ifs" even if I'm quite convinced of their idea and opinion, i thinks about worst case scenarios often. I don't compromise on important values and ideas, I'm either open to dialogue if i think the other person is intelligent and can enrich my view or shut down cause I'm sure I'm right and that's it. My humor keeps the conversation going even if we don't agree all together, it's ok.

Do you break rules often? Do you think authority should be challenged, or that they know better? If you do break rules, why would you?
I don't mind breaking rules, if i think I'm right about something i will challenge the authority. I follow the rules that make sense to me and sometimes i just follow rules to not face the consequences of breaking them and getting in trouble or self sabotage (again i had to learn how to pick my battles). Trusting someone with taking decisions is probably the biggest act of appreciation and admiration by me (i let my loved ones and friends take the lead when i think they're intelligent and have common sense). If i let you do something even if i think you may fail is because I love you and I'm willing to offer you my help after.

I honestly feel like i could be any type, i relate to the behavior of some ENFXs when around friends but also EXTJs when dealing with strangers and school, i scored I/ENTP on cognitive function tests but i never understood what functions i actually use as i only relate to some descriptions (no matter how much i read it's hard to be objective with myself).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.