Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First off, I'd like to say thank you for viewing this and any opinions or thoughts are very welcome here!
I know for sure that I am an XNFJ. I would most likely say that I am an INFJ who's a bit more extroverted, but honestly, I don't know. I like to be alone and I do not do too well in large groups (parties are an extreme no go for me) and absolutely hate attention, but I talk to people pretty easily and open up to people easily as well if my gut tells me that they're a person I really connect with. I am a pretty warm and bubbly person, I'd say. I crave close relationships rather than a bunch of nonsense. I have never really fit in anywhere because I am very different than most people. I tend to be a lot more........ thoughtful..... and intense..... than most people. I get very deep on things. I would say I fit in with the INFJs much more than the ENFJs, but maybe there's something else out there that suits me even better. Let me know!

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
Um, well, I do have some mental health issues, but I wouldn't say that they would affect my answers in any way. I am a 22 year old female who feels pretty good currently. :)

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
It wasn't one photo, it was many, but I chose the first one that I saw that stood out to me within .2 seconds and stared at that one. I can't copy and paste it because I'm new here, but it was a small, colorful bird with what I believe is a little lizard in its mouth. The bird was absolutely beautiful, that was the first thing I noticed. I was kind of sad about the lizard, but hey, circle of life.... I guess. =/

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
(I am amazed at the fact I am with a group of people because that isn't really like me, lol.)
My initials thoughts are more than likely me being confused and also worried. I HATE being late, it would be scary to be stuck in the middle of nowhere, and I would probably also be a little frustrated. Outwardly, I would be trying to fix the situation. Googling about what the cause might be (after already having called AAA to come to get me) to see if maybe I can fix it, asking everyone if they know anything about cars and might be able to help, and apologizing for my car breaking down and possibly ruining the night. I'd also probably yell "shit" or something to that extent, depending on the day I had and what the entire situation is.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
Well, that all depends on who this driver is. If this driver is a really good friend of mine, I'd tell them the truth- that I would rather go home than go to a party because that isn't my cup of tea. I'd ask how long they were wanting to stay so I can mentally prepare myself. I'd probably be a little irritated/frustrated if I were tired or not feeling too well after the long concert, etc.
If it were a friend of a friend or someone I don't know too too well, I'd be much more laid back about the situation and be less... Annoying, I guess. I'd just go and try to make the best of it and pray that we wouldn't be there too long.
Also, depending on everything, I would more than likely tell whoever to enjoy themselves (my good friend or whoever) if they want to, including drinking, and offer to drive everyone back because I'm generally the babysitter/mom in groups and do not drink.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
It all depends on what was said and how it was said. If it was said directing towards me and in an attacking manner, I will get defensive. If it was just said in conversation and didn't have anything to do with me, I wouldn't really mind it. I would just think to myself about why I believe what I believe and why I'm "right" and let it just be that. All internally. If it's a big deal, something that I feel very strongly about, I will say whatever I feel/think, and try to explain it fully. Not everyone has the same thoughts or views as you and that's great. Diversity is necessary. It all just depends on what the topic was. More than likely, I wouldn't really debate anything unless I was asked my opinions or if it was something that mattered an extreme amount to me.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
*Prepare thyself for my most used phrased* It would depend on the situation. If it's abuse of any kind, I generally step in and will defend whoever needs it. I feel like I am incapable of witnessing physical/mental abuse towards another person or animal and not doing anything. If it's just people debating things and expressing their opinions and whatnot, then that's whatever. That doesn't need to be broken up. If people ask me my opinion or if it's something I feel very strongly about, I will speak up, but that's kind of it.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
I would say that I value compassion above all. I struggled to decide between mercy and justice for a long, long time, but I sat down and thought about what I would REALLY do in a situation, and it comes down to me not being able to hold a grudge and not being able to actually hurt people (unless the heat of the moment which I will then feel guilty about later).
I also want everyone to have an open mind. I actually cannot comprehend how people can be so closedminded and feel bad for those who are. I know that most of it has to do with their upbringing, but it isn't impossible to grow and change and be different than your parents.
Other than that, I'm not too too sure what else is very, very important to me that I value extremely. I can't think of anything off the top of my head. Maybe if it were a multiple choice lists so I could pick and choose. ;P

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about your personality, what would it be? Why?
A) I would say that my ability to be thoughtful and compassionate while also being able to detach my emotions and use logic in virtually all situations is definitely pretty rare and great. I am able to be totally unbiased in almost every situation so I think I'm a good person to ask for advice. I know when to give tough love and when to coddle and most people I know are either one or the other.
B) I don't know I would really change anything. I feel like there are things that I am definitely insecure about, but I feel like they make me, me and I don't really hate myself. Like, if I were someone else, I would want someone like me in my life and I would love me.... But I know that I am often too intense for most people. I'm not exactly "go-with-the-flow" and I talk too much most of the time (my psychiatrist said that it's because I have OCD mentally and so I'm always trying to explain things so much, like I'm doing now, and trying to perfect everything) and I'm very insecure about that, but it's just... It's just me, and I have to be okay with that. People are either going to love me or they're not, but that doesn't have to tear me down or affect me. I can just keep on keepin' on and live my own life! :)

If you can't tell, I have done a lot of thinking about that and it's actually a part of an epiphany I had a while back that has changed my life and made me so much happier and at peace.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
Oh, my... I take my intuition very seriously. I have always said that I am neither a brain nor heart person, but a gut person. If my gut is telling me something, I will listen. I feel it is the perfect mix of heart and brain and it will not steer you wrong. I am definitely a very intuitive person. They aren't triggered by anything in particular, it just happens when it happens.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
God, I feel like nothing drains or energizes me. I'm tired so much of the time or I'm energized. It's hard to tell. I know that I do not like being out and about for too long. I get tired and bored, even in "fun" settings. I also get tired when I'm at home doing nothing. I would say I am definitely more comfortable and energized when I am home with a close friend who doesn't want to constantly do things and would rather just hang out and watch movies or play board games.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
Um, I feel like I repress all negativity. I do not like to hurt people's feelings. I usually just like to be happy and upbeat to bring happiness to others, not drag things down. I also try to not be so intense and hold back on some of my "weirdness" unless I know that the people I am with will not judge me or think less of me.

Okay. That's it! I'm sorry for all of my long answers, I tend to overthink everything... Thank you to anyone who responds with their thoughts!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for replying! I have researched so much my possibilities and it always comes back to me as an INFJ, but I guess I just wanted to get an outsider's opinion.

Registered
ooh seriously! knowing yourself doesn't have to be challenging. It is very very simple. My hobby is to type people from different perspective-that is, using numerology. If you wouldn't mind just type your true date of birth and that's it. I can tell you your true MBTI type.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know myself pretty well! I guess I just second guess things because I get too deep into them and then can see myself on every side of every spectrum. I always see every side to every story and it causes problems.
My birthday is 9/1/1995. Numerology is definitely very interesting!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts