Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wowie. Hey there friend, nice to meet you! I might need a little favor done here if it isn't too much trouble. See, I've been having some difficulties typing myself. Although I've known of MBTI for a while now and have very much enjoyed stalking the forums on this website, I just can't seem to figure it out!

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
I have pretty bad anxiety. I get panic attacks two, and I've been recovering from a two year long case of depression. Generally I'm a happy camper these days! Though an anxious one. I'm of male sex (I feel the need to mention that I think the concept of gender isn't something I like too much and would generally rather pretend it dosen't exist. But since the world dosen't revolve around me I guess I'll just have to suck it up). I'm reaching fifteen years of age at the end of the month. Wowie!

2. What type(s) do you usually score as on tests?
I've tested as ten of the sixteen types (all other than ESxP, ExTJ and INTP) and I'm fed up. I usually test as xNxx types, although that's usually the only consistency.

3. Click on this link: Choose 2 photos and look at each for as long as you feel that you need. Copy and paste the photos here (or write the link like example: www[dot]flickr[dot]com/photos/jacoboson/8697480741/in/explore-2013-05-01), and write your impression of each of them.
I can't figure out how to make links/photos happen. I'm sorry! :blushed:

The first picture is of an out of focus woman blowing on the (in-focus) water which is cupped in her hands

It's a one in a million shot: had the picture been taken even a moment later it wouldn't have turned out even half as well, for many reasons (there would be too much or two little water in the shot, the focus may've been different (I love the focus of this shot) and it wouldn't have succeeded at all) That makes me appreciate it much more, the fact that it had the opportunity to be ugly but it turned out beautiful. Despite that I'm going to be a jerk and say that I don't like the first one. It dosen't evoke any sort of emotion or thought, and there aren't many ways it could be interpreted. It looks like what would come out of giving an expensive camera to a thirteen year old who's convinced they're a hipster. It isn't especially unique, and it makes me frustrated. On the other hand though, it's aesthetically pleasing. Side note: the caption makes me gag. "Serenity", pah. Hipster nonsense. (Side note: I am biased in my dislike for the photo considering I once had a friend who took photos like these as a hobby. Our friendship ended badly, and now I hate her. This photo reminds me of her, so it makes it that much harder to like. Serious thirteen year old drama is serious(ly dumb).

The second picture is of a lake with some hills off in the distance. There are three boats in the water, with nobody in them. The reflection of the sky and other things onto the water is like a mirror: perfection. The colours are beautiful (blue and yellow), the way they reflect from the sky onto the water is mesmerizing. If you couldn't already tell I like this photo super much.

I love the second one. There's just something so awe-inspiring about it... Pure serenity. There isn't a single ripple in the water, it's undisturbed to the point where the water looks like glass. The way the blues and yellows mix is beautiful too. Pure awe.

4. You are on the clock to fix something, a friend of yours sits beside you and gives a lot of interesting ideas, none of them actually help or are related to your situation, but they are still something you find interesting. What is your reaction? What do you say? What do you do? What's your train of thought?

I'd be extremely distracted and would end up diverting all my attention to her rather than to what I'm supposed to be doing. I'm rubbish at fixing things anyways, so it's not like there was much hope for completing the job anyways. Whoops. I'd probably continue working at my goal, while diverting all my attention to her, supplying my opinions here and there. I'll debate in my mind if they would work or not, and what use/purpose would they serve. How would they benefit herself and others etc.

5a. What are some of your most important values?

Nobody is inherently good or evil. We are all born equal and deserve to be treated as such, unless they begin to harm innocent people intentionally. In which case they should face justice. I believe STRONGLY in equality and think that it is absolutely necessary to have it as a race if we hope to truly accomplish anything. Try to like people as hard as you can. People are complex: disliking someone right away isn't fair (as long as they aren't the type who harm innocents intentionally). Sometimes though, people don't mesh well. If you're in that circumstance with an innocent, it's fine if you dislike them, as long as you give them a chance.

That's my main one. Equality and justice for the win!

5b. Can they change? What would be the reason if they changed?

Oh yeah. Those morals are just for guiding me in particular, since they are essentially based on the concepts of good and evil (giving to the good, punishing the evil). My idea of good may not be even remotely similar to yours, and if that be the case I'm not sure I want you walking around hurting people. An innocent in my view may be evil in yours, and should you be following my morals, they'd be punished. That makes me sick to my stomach: I can't stand for that. So yes, my values change depending on who is exercising them. I can't imagine my equality for the innocent moral to be changed, though. Ever.

6. You are in a car with some other people, the people in the car are talking. Someone makes a claim that you see as immoral/rude/cruel. What is your inward reaction? What do you think? What do you say?

My initial thought would be "oh hell no. You infernal piece of shit" before I remember that people are entitled to their own opinions and I should respect that (extreme cases being an exception, of course). I'd probably start a friendly debate with them (friendly as possible) and see where it goes from there. I'd still be pretty mad, because if they're being CRUEL I can't really stand for that.

7. a) What activities energizes you the most? Why?

Being with my friends, watching TV series I enjoy, reading among other things I'm forgetting. I don't have much in the way of hobbies and I hate physical activity (team sports make me want to peel off my skin and light myself on fire) nature walks are fun though, those energize me a whole lot. If I manage to find a feeling of serenity I get energized. In terms of friends... I get really giddy and excited when I'm around them. My friend joked earlier that I'm like a little kitten who loves to snuggle and spread love. I can get tuckered out after a while though. But when I'm with them... I'm just so happy! (I have fantastic friends). I love reading things that make me think. If I can start thinking about more abstract things or concepts, I get very energised. Pique my passion, interest or curiosity and voilà! You've got me energized. If I relate to a character in a book, tv series or movie I start to get all kinds of energy. Also, comedies like NBC's Community make me super laugh-ey (I'm sure there is a much better word for that. That was a laughable attempt at trying to explain a thing) and energized.

7. b) What activities drains you the most? Why?

Being in an overwhelming situation of any sort. It's hard to answer this question because of my anxiety, though. If I'm in a situation where I get even a bit anxious I get freaked out (start moving and talking at hyper speed) and then CRASH. Hard. No energy left. So it's hard to pick. Being in large, noisy places is the worst, I think. Also, sports make me want to run away and hide forever (mostly social anxiety there though).

8. Do you believe you are introverted or extraverted? Why do you believe that? (Please be as detailed as possible)

I'm feeling ambivert to be honest. I think I'd choose extravert though, just because I get so lovey and giddy in social situations. But because of my anxiety that gets triggered in social situations (it makes me less inclined to socialize, just out of fear of panicking or having an anxiety attack) and the fact that I really enjoy being by myself sometimes, it's hard to pick.

9. Please describe yourself, what do you see as your greatest strengths and what do you see as your greatest weaknesses?

I'm a very contradictory person, I think that's the best way to put it. I end up coming off as quite the hypocrite sometimes, I'd imagine. I have very strong morals and opinions, but a lot of the time I'm too lazy to do anything in support of them. I come off as shy at first (not very shy though) but once I decide I like you get to know me I'm energetic and funny (sometimes maybe). I place high value on equality and value my friendships like no other, yet I have to force myself into being empathetic. I try to inspire people into doing the things I can't: I don't have any distinct talents so that what I end up going for.

I'm a little bit self-absorbed, I can come off as a smart-ass (because of my high grades and strong opinions) and I have a tendency to be a little two faced. A friend of mine just texted me this out of the blue: "I really don't understand you because one minute you're lovely and great, but the next you act like we're not friends at all and that makes me really sad :sad:". Which by the way makes me feel really bad (she is a super emotional person though, and I'm well... not, so it's hard to connect with her sometimes). I guess I just am a stuck-up, self-absorbed person! And I'm surprisingly okay with that! Usually!

Those are the negatives.

In terms of positives, well...

I have very good insight into people and situations, that's probably my greatest trait. I have a strong sense of what's right and wrong, and I care deeply about it. I am loyal to my friends, I never want to hurt anybody, ever. I really enjoy debating. I am very mature for my age, according to some people. I know myself very well, and am able to recognize and accept both my faults and weaknesses, which lets be able to work on self-improvement, without the self-loathing. People tell me that I'm the sweetest boy they've ever met. I'm good at poetry! Those are all things about myself that are strong suits I guess. I'm very in tune with myself and others.

10. Please describe yourself when you are feeling stressed. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

I get intensely perfectionistic and quiet. I get emotional. I get panic attacks (which are absolutely terrifying). I might run away without warning. I'll start shaking and talking too softly and very quickly or very slowly. I'll try as hard as I can to be alone. In short, I freak out.

11. What is your "soft spot" (the area that makes you upset if people mess with)?

I'm generally not that soft, people can make fun of me all they want. I make fun of myself more than anyone else, actually! It's all good fun. But if someone calls me out on my anxiety or history with depression... I don't like that too much. It's very discouraging since I'm trying as hard as I can to recover but it's hard. It really really is. And when someone makes fun of it... it just hurts me. I don't... urgh.

12. What are most of the ideas/thoughts you get generally centered around (try to expand your answers as much as possible)?

This is going to sound awful but... myself. I'm constantly analysing myself and my behavior, finding explanations for why I am the way I am. That can be externally focused too: taking apart the pieces of a person and figuring out why they are the way they are. I basically try to look at things and try to find WHY they are the way they are. It can be a little invasive sometimes and I try to tone it down: I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable. I really like looking at character analysis for fictional characters too. It's less invasive and more fun sometimes, too! You get the just of it. I like thinking of what things could mean too. I'm very good at picking apart metaphors, and finding symbolisms. I love listening to music with complex lyrics, it's so fun! :kitteh:

13. What's your opinion of getting frequent feedback on what you do? (Someone pointing out what is good, what is bad, what and how to improve) Is there a limit to how often you want feedback? If so, what is the limit?

I don't mind being told what to do. Guidance and critisism are absolutely necessary, otherwise people wouldn't know where to grow and expand, they wouldn't be able to develop. That being said, there comes a point where constant feedback becomes antagonism, which is defeating, demoralizing and just plain wrong. Keeping the persons feelings into consideration is important too. If your goal is CONSTRUCTIVE critisism always start off with a positive statement before you give advice on how to improve or before giving a negative response. Personally, my response on getting too much negative criticism is telling them that I'm uncomfortable with how they're acting. Sometimes I just internalize it though, and try to put it to good use, despite the pain. The limit is emotional tolerance, if you're gravely hurting feelings it's no longer constructive criticism. It's destructive criticism.

14. Anything beyond what has been discussed that you would like to add?

Just that I'm thankful for everyone who takes the time to read this! I'm pretty wordy and preachy, I'll admit, so reading this might've been a huge pain for you. Sorry! But anyways, thank you so much to anyone who tries to type me, because I am fed up. I've tested as too many types, so I am drawing the line. Thank you!

·
Registered
17 Posts
You seem to have a really strong Fi (ok your description is basically a description of me, who is Fi-dominant), and my overall impression is also of Si, Ne and Te, so I'd say INFP or ENFP, I'd probably put my money on INFP though, but that's hard to know. ENFPs are often described as the most introverted of the extraverted types, and myself I'm quite an extraverted INFP and am definitely energized by socializing. But I also need my recharge time and, most importantly, since my Fi is preferred over Ne, everything is filtered and valued through Fi. So both INFP and ENFP can be pretty ambivert.

But yeah, I think you're one of them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts