Personality Cafe banner

Type me? I'm very curious at this point, and I'm looking for outside help? :)

555 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  CurrentlyNotCaring 
#1 ·
I have an idea of the types I have narrowed things down to, But I believe telling you won't help much.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind. Not really.

1. Click on this link:Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
I can't post it but it's a black and white image of a car driving down a curved road with a forest around it. (How symbolic)

When I see pictures like this, that are completely black and white, I think of someone or something being faded, I think of how faded the world is, how It's been drained of it's "color" and became simply black and white, how the setting is resembling how things can be seen in only black and white. There is so much more to this than it being just a picture, there is A story behind this picture and it's lost it's colors like the world today.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

My inside thoughts are, honestly, first to think of all the possible ways to get out of this situation. Ask my friends if they have someone they can call for help, Think of multiple ways this can be solved and suggest them. If this doesn't turn out well, we will have to get the car towed, and we won't see what we came for, but that's the way it is, and we will have to deal with everything accordingly. I don't seem to make a big deal out of it because time being frightened and letting your emotions build up to a unhealthy extent could be used for finding ways to get out of the situation.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

I feel slightly nervous. I need things to be planned and I dislike switching plans right away. If the driver isn't trustworthy enough, I would tell them to drop me off back home, while they can go. I don't care enough about going to a party over me possibly being dead. I would slightly feel bad that I couldn't sway them to do the same, but it's not my problem if they don't listen to me.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

I get extremely defensive, I almost hate it when people clash with my beliefs, but people are so foolish I wouldn't be surprised. I would shoot them a disapproving glare and try and shoulder them off, but I would probably never get over it, honestly. People think differently then me,, though, so that's sadly the way it is..

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

I would do something, like try to help that person or sway that person. Although, that is only if that person is someone I deeply care about, and I don't care about most people. If it was someone I didn't know, I would dislike it, but eventually rub it off, it wouldn't be worth my valuable time.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Telling others and yourself the truth,

Knowledge,

Having some kind of creativity.. Something different that can change the world.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

Almost everything, i'm very different from most people, and my friends pick up on it too. People have said i'm extremely cynical for my age, People often tell me, "That's so true! How did you think of that?!" I'm usually a few steps ahead of the person i'm talking to, and i'm colder to strangers, I feel like small talk is hiding a part of me that shouldn't be hidden. I feel extremely misunderstood, and I feel like most people need more..smarts. I wouldn't change anything, because I'm way the way I am, and that's the way it is.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I have gut feelings and hunches most of the time, and I predict what future events might take place, and have hunches about people's motives a lot. Most of the time, I end up being right. Although i don't mention this often.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

a) Being alone and coming up with how I can improve, and what my future might be like, and how to improve my future. New ideas aswell.

b) Going to a place with tons of loud, annoying people who I don't know. Probably because i'm pretty sure i'm introverted.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I repress my critical thoughts of others, because there's no point in putting down someone if they haven't done any harm. I tend to be friendly, but I'm also very critical..

Thanks.

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm getting mixed vibes from you. So, please answer a few more questions so I can narrow down my parameters. :)

Would you say you're a very emotional person? Do you empathize with others often?

And here is a bit of a difficult open-ended question: How do you typically solve problems? Be in attempting to figure out the answer on a multiple choice question or figuring out how to walk your dog when you've left the leash at home. Give me a rundown of your typical thought process during problem solving.

#3 ·
Thank you :)

The thing is, It depends. For instance, I saw a man walking alone on a street in the pouring rain and I felt bad for him. I can easily empathize with others, although sometimes I don't find it worth it. I can be emotional, but I don't snow much emotion, since i'm used to calming people down in an "emotional crisis." Although I show empathy easily, I think it's hard for me to feel extremely empathetic unless I trust someone enough to know being empathetic with them won't lead me to trouble. There was another time a friend of mine was going through a hard time, I felt bad and helped her out.. I feel as if someone needs to prove to me why they need my sympathy. With people close to me, i'm extremely empathetic.

How do I typically solve problems:

If I was walking my dog, and I didn't have a leash, and he's not well trained..

I would think, " I can't go home and get a leash, So I need to think of a way to walk with him where we won't wander off out of bounds. Mabye if I had bought dog treats with me, I could get him to do what I say, so he could safely walk.. So here's what I have to do, If I can, i'll have to go home, get the leash, and then take him on a full leash. I can't believe I forgot my leash, how could I forget something so important?"

To figure out a multiple choice question, I Look at ever answer and determine why or why not this could be the answer. I choose one answer I think is the most likely to be the answer, and one that is least likely to be the answer. I think through the question carefully, but i don't look into it too deeply where I come to the wrong conclusion.. (That's happened before.)

Typical thought process during problem solving:

Thinking of multiple ways to solve the problem.

Thinking of why or why not I can solve the problem this way.

Come to the final answer as the only way left, the one way I can solve the problem.

And if other people are there, Thinking about how they could affect the situation or how they may cope with my way of solving the problem

#4 ·
Well I see introverted intuition and I see introverted feeling and that's why I'm confused haha. I'm inclined to say infj even though I barely got extroverted feeling. My only other guess would be ixfp but I highly doubt it because you emphasized not liking to change plans hastily. Which do you identify with more? It maybe that you have trouble expressing fe through your ti.

#5 ·
Hm. Well, I agree with INFJ, and well, uh, Ive been testing a lot, taking function tests daily, and I keep getting either INFJ or INTJ? While I identify with both, I keep switching between the two, although I could have trouble, like you pointed out. Yes, I know i'm a J as well, I'm not open ended at all, and have a huge need to plan everything out. If there's something you think I might missing, please do inform me.

#6 ·
You seem very Ni dominant to me especially from your answers to Q8 and Q9. Answers toQ4 and Q5 seem Fi-ish. For Q2, I would respond the same way as you so maybe that is Te. I personally get INTJ vibe from you. I see that your ennegram type is 4w5 from your profile. I think you are an INTJ with a strong use of Fi. Though there is a chance of you being INFJ, but I don't get the impression of Fe from your post. Have you done any cognitive tests such as the one on keys2cognition.com? They are not necessarily very accurate but they may help you identify whether you use Fe or not.

#7 ·
You seem very Ni dominant to me especially from your answers to Q8 and Q9. Answers toQ4 and Q5 seem Fi-ish. For Q2, I would respond the same way as you so maybe that is Te. I personally get INTJ vibe from you. I see that your ennegram type is 4w5 from your profile. I think you are an INTJ with a strong use of Fi. Though there is a chance of you being INFJ, but I don't get the impression of Fe from your post. Have you done any cognitive tests such as the one keys2cognition.com? They are not necessarily very accurate but they may help you identify whether you use Fe or not.
Yes, and that is where I got INTJ, and where I have been taking the same test daily. My Fe was just moderate, while my Fi was in "well use." Mabye I am INTJ with high Fi, I couldn't get to a main decision, which is why I decided to look for outside help. Thank you, you guys are beginning to clear things up for me, slightly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.