Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
ISFP (ESI-Se)
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I don't completely relate to any type. I can find things that I relate to in every type. With ENFP, I don't seem extroverted enough (I'm extremely reclusive). With INTP, I started to notice I was a bit more sensitive and /feeling/ than others of this type. INFP and ISFP, I relate to both a lot, but I can't tell which. I know I am an overly sensitive person so I think that points to both of these types. I don't seem to be a nice enough person to be an INFP, and I never considered myself to be a S type. :/

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I want to be loved. Honestly and truly loved for who I am. Or I want to be left alone. I hate how judgmental people are and how harsh they are towards everyone else. I am a generally nice person, though I do have my moments I snap at others when they disappoint me or don't meet my expectations. So when people are just generally rude or mean to me, I can't stand it! I don't really have any friends other than my family, and even they make me feel really shitty at times. I just want someone who loves me for all of me, all my quirks. Doesn't make me feel bad for who I am.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

This is probably the hardest question.. I left it until the end. I don't know what my finest is. My finest might have been after doing an amazing pastel painting of a lilly. Most beautiful piece of work I had ever made. Maybe, it could have been while programming and really useful program. I find when I am completely immersed in my work I am at my finest.. Perhaps.. Maybe my finest is when I am just laying down in the sun, absorbing everything, the warmth, the sounds... Its hard to say.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Being around other people makes me feel inferior. My spoken communication skills aren't that great. I often say the wrong thing and look like a fool. People just generally don't like me very much, and when I'm in a group I feel so inferior compared to the other people talking. I know I am fairly successful intelligence wise, but socially I am a failure and it makes me feel horrible to know.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

When I make a decision I usually base it on how it will affect me. Will it make me feel good, will it have positive benefits? I often focus on the present, but if a issue is very important I will look at how it will affect me in the future. I often make poor decisions by basing them on the present. Smoke some weed, eat a bunch of fatty food, just to satisfy myself short term. If someone incorporates other people I try to think about them, but I really base it on myself. For example, a guy asked me on a date, I agree but then later decide that I will rain check and never go on a date. Though, I know it could be great for me to go out with this guy in the long term, maybe we will be a great match, the short term thought of having to put in so much effort and go outside of my comfort zone make me change what I am going to do. I know rain checks will hurt the guys feelings, but my comfort is more important.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I honestly haven't worked on that many projects. The biggest projects I have done were in art and when doing those my main emphasis is making things look good. I want my art to be visually appealing, I've had projects that give me mental orgasms by how beautiful they are (haha, I kid). I work making subs, and when I work there I make sure the subs are visually appealing. I am very particular with putting everything on the sub in proper order and dealing with it specifically so it looks as great as the images we advertise. If it is a group project I work on making sure everything gets done, because most people I've worked with are very incompetent and focus on the wrong, insignificant things.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

This is a hard question, I don't have a lot of fun usually. I guess a time I can remember having a lot of fun was when I was a child, I went to Ontario Place, an amusement/water park, and I had a blast playing with my family. There was bumperboats, a really fun water version of bumpercars. I remember my mom laughed so hard playing that, she adored it. There were also many waterslides, I remember we stayed late in the afternoon, after everyone had left, running up the metal staircases to the top of the slides. Laughing and screaming all the way down. We were dripping wet and cold from the slide but we didn't care because we knew we would have a great time sliding down again. I remember how the sun looked as it was setting as we climbed up the slide. I remember some slides went underground and you would simply be submerged in darkness during those areas, it was a blast.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

When learning something new I usually try and explain it to myself so it makes sense logically. I have been a chemistry student in the past and I would examine the concepts and look at them linearly until they completely made logical sense to me. Memorization was never my strong suit, in one ear, out the other. I have never really had to learn anything that could be done hands on except for art and work. So those obviously were just simply hands on learning, which I guess I am fairly good at.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

I am not an organized person. I'm kind of a slob. I'm the type of person who drops something and never remembers to pick it up again. My room is a utter mess. I have the ability to clean something perfectly, but I never have the drive or want to clean. I need to be forced into cleaning (or be super baked) to actually get things clean. I generally know where all my shit is, but it isn't organized. I can keep important things organized though, such as notebooks and projects. I am fairly good at organizing other things like bins at work or cupboards filled with containers. I don't /like/ organizing these things, but outside of my own space--my room, my computer, my home-- disorder bothers me a bit.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

New ideas? No such thing. If I hear new ideas from people they need to make logical sense with what I already know. If a new idea pops in my own head then it must make sense with what I already know, the principals behind it connect with the principals I already have in my head. I basically never look for information that supports new ideas unless they are extremely radical and don't make any sense to me (such as in calculus or other obscure subjects).

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I know that there wont be harmony between people. It seems like an impossibility unless the group is very small and very similar. People are just too different for there to be harmony, you need to accept the differences and issues that will show up. So for me, I like to make sure that I follow what I think is proper actions and stand behind what is important to me. I like to be true to myself.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I find speaking is very hard. I usually think after speaking, if it is just a free flowing conversation. Sometimes when I feel uncomfortable I think a lot before speaking. I often think about things far in advance before starting the conversation, and once the conversation starts I simply talk without thinking about it. I generally prefer group conversations because it gives me an excuse to stop talking and simply think about what is being said and build my own internal ideas on the topic.. while one on one conversations I am forced to take a constant stand on the conversation and I don't have much of an opportunity to think before speaking (unless the other person is the type who talks their head off.. I love these people!).

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I think that I naturally just jump into action. I am the type who randomly bursts out into song, dance and randomness. For big things like university decisions or if I will break up with my boyfriend, I am /generally/ the type who looks before I leap, but in my normal day I am a jump then look type.

For me, words are important but actions are more important. If someone says something really great, but their actions go against that then it cancels out their words. What you do is what is important.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Gotta be honest here. I totally stay home. I am the queen of making excuses. My favourite show gets all my love and attention, I fall in love with characters. I can't miss the next episode! :p

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

When I'm stressed out I can become introverted to the max. I completely stop talking and simply think about how shitty I am constantly. I become very, VERY irritable. Little things make me snap and act like a complete bitch. I yell, give up on what I care about easily and I pout. I brood over little things and complain excessively. Once when I was dealing with a particularly abusive relationship, I had given away my cat to my sister after the smallest complaint on her part.. and cats are like my saving grace.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

I can't stand manipulation. I can't stand people being rude and bullying. I can't stand people making all kinds of assumptions about others based simply on rumors or outside voices. I generally put up with everyone though, there are very few people I actually dislike or hate. People who put on big shows to try and appear a certain way get under my skin though.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I like talking to people about people, not certain people but people in general. I like talking about how people operate, generalities, psychology like topics. I really like to learn specifics about people, learn about their life, what drives them. I also like talking about specific things that bother me, like existence and the uncomfortableness of reality. I think these came/come from my pot smoking though.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life

What do I pay the least attention to?! I pay attention to everything, haha. I probably pay the least attention to how those close to me feel, I probably take their feelings for granted because they seem so solid most of the time. I don't feel like I need to worry about what those close to me are dealing with. Though, there is very few who I feel are close to me. I also pay little attention to my grooming and the cleanliness of where I live. I only groom myself when I go out and see people, because I really could care less what I look like for myself.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

I don't really have close friends anymore... but when I did, they would say I was deep, weird and "bi-polar". My one best friend also said I was a slut. I think the bi-polar and slut parts were very wrong. I am not bi-polar, I just have heightened, extreme emotions. I feel things deeply, but its not a disorder. I feel stable within myself and constant, my constants are just a little bit more extreme than others. I am also not a slut, I may not have all the same constraints on my sexuality that other people may, but I only have sex with people I am in a relationship with and I feel a connection to (or I have just given in to others wishes to avoid conflict). My friends never really knew me very well...

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Oh god.. This is going to sound pathetic. I'd probably either spend it reading whatever book I'm currently reading, or television show I'm currently watching. If I have motivation, I might draw some pictures or spontaneously paint something, but probably not. I'd most likely just lay around reading/watching tv. I might sit online and research a few psychology related topics or life topics. I'd probably eat delicious food too. :)

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
How well do you relate to INFJs? You have some INFJ traits like wanting to be loved and dislike manipulation and bullying. Although that can be an INFJ/INFP overlap. I can tell you I am fairly certain you are not INTP, nor are you a sensor. I think you are either INFJ/INFP.

·
Registered
ISFP (ESI-Se)
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have yet to look into INFJ's. I never considered myself to be able to me a J considering how messy I am. :/

Why do you say definitely not a sensor.. I thought that myself, but now I'm not so sure. Se/Ni seems likely rather than Ne/Si.. I don't know.

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
From the way you type it seems like you have quite a good understanding about your personality, values, and where you fit in in the world. You also seem to have desire to examine some of the deeper questions imposed by life such as love and harmony. These are all very intuitive attributes.

The INFJs I know are messy too. It's not really about organizing your space as much as how you feel towards routine. For example, are you the type that hates deadlines and wish you can just ignore them and work on a project until you feel its done? Or are you the type that stresses the importance of deadlines when it comes to accomplishing tasks?

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
I think you're a Fi dom. I'm leaning more towards ISFP since I see more Se than Ne other than the bit you said was pot influenced. ISFP's have Ni as a third function so it's not like they aren't at all intuitive.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
I don't seem to be a nice enough person to be an INFP, and I never considered myself to be a S type. :/
Then you don't know many INFPs :tongue:
Fi is subjective and strives for INTERNAL harmony
Fe is more objective and wants EXTERNAL harmony

Kinda like if I'd push someone I don't like off a hill and they'd ask me "are you proud of yourself now?" and I'd say "yes". :proud:

·
Registered
680 Posts
From now on, if I find anyone who types like me, im going to call them isfp/infp, with the s/n dependent on their avatar as well as aesthetic tendencies.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
ISFP. Character limit blah blah blah.

·
Registered
ISFP (ESI-Se)
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I also like video games, photography, reading, tv shows, hiking, walking, smoking weeeeed, just sitting around and thinking, dancing, singing... :3

Its hard to decide, ISFP or INFP..

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I also like video games, photography, reading, tv shows, hiking, walking, smoking weeeeed, just sitting around and thinking, dancing, singing... :3

I would agree with the others here - ISFP sounds likely. And as one P-type to another you may want to go easy on the weed. I quit altogether because I realized I was becoming too passive.

·
Registered
ISFP (ESI-Se)
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, I actually have had to quit a few times.. Since all I am doing right now is working (at subway, doesn't take much thought) and waiting for the next semester of school to start I'm okay with the weed smoking.. Figure I'll have to quit after school starts.

Thanks for the input... I'm considering switching schools and going for animation in the fall, I guess that falls into ISFP too. :p

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts

Try reading a bit on random threads on both of the forums. Made it relatively easy for me as an ISFP.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I see ISFP. :) The fact that you like hiking or whatever physical activities does not say you are a Sensor. Anyway, I see use of Fi+Se in your post. Honestly, to see a likely ISFP is refreshing for me. ^_^

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I like ISFPs. They're chill and stuff. It's like a tranquility pool built into a violin built into a person.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
How well do you relate to INFJs? You have some INFJ traits like wanting to be loved and dislike manipulation and bullying. Although that can be an INFJ/INFP overlap. I can tell you I am fairly certain you are not INTP, nor are you a sensor. I think you are either INFJ/INFP.
just wanted to mention i have a want for love...well i have love at the moment and am very happy, and i really dislike manipulation and bullying.....

1 - 20 of 57 Posts