Personality Cafe banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Te (Extroverted Thinking) (29%)
your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods
Ti (Introverted Thinking) (57%)
your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational
Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (47%)
your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli
Ni (Introverted Intuition) (51%)
your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity
Se (Extroverted Sensing) (44%)
your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment
Si (Introverted Sensing) (43%)
your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments
Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (36%)
your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups
Fi (Introverted Feeling) (77%)
your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
based on your results your type is likely - infp

Discussion starter · #23 ·
I do enjoy reading though, and science and philosophy (philosophy to an extent, I can't read the texts). Aren't those more INFP things?

I also am fairly good at communicating through writing, is this not also an INFP trait? :/

ISFP makes sense, but the cliche sensing aspects don't really fit me. I have always considered myself a fairly deep person, big picture type. ://

"I read that ISFP's have more trouble coming up with abstract ideas, but creating the actual art, which in turn also might be abstract, is never a problem.."

Is this true? Because for me, when doing an art project I have a bitch of a time trying to figure out /what/ to do, what to base it on, what to show.. But doing the actual art comes extremely easily/naturally to me. Perhaps I am an ISFP, though I don't see the S parts myself.

I do enjoy reading though, and science and philosophy (philosophy to an extent, I can't read the texts). Aren't those more INFP things?

I also am fairly good at communicating through writing, is this not also an INFP trait? :/

ISFP makes sense, but the cliche sensing aspects don't really fit me. I have always considered myself a fairly deep person, big picture type. ://

"I read that ISFP's have more trouble coming up with abstract ideas, but creating the actual art, which in turn also might be abstract, is never a problem.."

Is this true? Because for me, when doing an art project I have a bitch of a time trying to figure out /what/ to do, what to base it on, what to show.. But doing the actual art comes extremely easily/naturally to me. Perhaps I am an ISFP, though I don't see the S parts myself.
If I'd make a painting or something like that I'd be able to figure it out in seconds and make it really metaphoric or something :p (I'm really not good at painting tho, lol).

Ask ISTPs if they are deep XD
No, but there's no such thing as a universal state of "deep".

Not necessarily.
I often appear cocky and stuff in chats and when I write in places like here.

The INFP part is rather to be able to think "let's make a short-story" and we might know the whole plot in a really short time.

I had an assignment once where I needed to write a short-story by hand in the class room,
I was amongst the first to leave... I wrote like 3 pages... (that's a lot for me)

S is the function closest to F
N is closest to T

INFPs can because of that sometimes be quite argumentative etc. while ISFPs are more in tune to the F function (might be ironic since both are Fi doms, but that's the truth)
Generally speaking INFP is like ITFP and ISFP is like IFFP. (if you translate N and S to the function they resemble)

I know/knew an ISFP IRL, really nice person.
She almost fell into tears once when she saw a heated up fight between 2 people.
I at the time wasn't especially disturbed by that fight (more than being a bit stunned) but rather considered it "people being people".
To kinda show a comparison.

Oh and see how I took that story from my past to help you with a comparison? That's Si :)
It's not if you got N or S, but rather which one of them you got (Se and Ni or Ne and Si).

But I think the most important question (ironically, lol) which really will make you laugh, but is good in a way is: How would you react if you couldn't shower for a week? (doesn't matter what time of the year etc.)

Something I've learned is that Se is more prone to be focused on how you look, smell etc.
And yeah, there's a bit of gender difference.
18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?
showering during the holidays (when no one can see how disgusting my hair is)
- Said by a female INFP.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
I can be very argumentative though.. Not as much now that I am older, because I am less comfortable. But when I feel comfortable I can be very argumentitive. Fighting doesn't bother me that much as long as the person isn't being hurtful emotionally.

I can be very argumentative though.. Not as much now that I am older, because I am less comfortable. But when I feel comfortable I can be very argumentitive. Fighting doesn't bother me that much as long as the person isn't being hurtful emotionally.
Well... Both INFPs and ISFPs can be argumentative.
INFPs are just more prone to be argumentative.

I didn't know that ISFP so well tho, but everyone is argumentative to a degree and about something.

But anyways...
It is random ideas vs actual ideas. (meaning brainstorming ideas vs ideas about something that actually exist).
If you were told to paint, what kind of thing would you paint (just interested).

S is the function closest to F
N is closest to T

INFPs can because of that sometimes be quite argumentative etc. while ISFPs are more in tune to the F function (might be ironic since both are Fi doms, but that's the truth)
Huh! I was just theorizing about this a few minutes ago. It's good to know it's actually a known phenomenon.

I would agree with the others here - ISFP sounds likely. And as one P-type to another you may want to go easy on the weed. I quit altogether because I realized I was becoming too passive.
P doesn't mean passive. My INTP twin is more aggressive than I am - I know a lot of aggressive so-called "P" types.

oh ISFPs are VERY deep. Fi is the "deep" function. Ne just spouts out random loosely connected ideas.

the fact that you find it difficult to read philosophy texts is more of an ISFP thing. INFPs can read them, but they aren't as interested because the texts dont capture "essence" really.. they are too abstract. INFPs need a tiny bit of application to pin down that "essence" or "core". I believe this abstraction could appeal to ISFPs more because they have something to work on.

i did philosophy for one week before dropping the unit. 2/3s of the lecture gave off an isfp vibe. and i really suck at writing and speaking... but im much better at talking my way out of trouble? o.o i think im just crap at being honest lol.

S types arent bad... (with the exclusion of estp/esfj. estp's are generally unfaithful hedonistic phonies and esfjs are stupid sheep. being biased of course.) they just have bad stereotypes mainly from NTs who've had bad experiences with them irl and choose the internet to vent at. my current closest friend is an istj lol. WE NEVER STOP TALKING :D its really great. we get along almost perfectly. sometimes she doesnt know that she's being too enthusiastic about something or she talks too unemotionally or she doesnt know when to stop talking and its a bit embarrassing. but in the end we're all embarrassing in our own ways, and i think we balance out in the perfect amount. she says im too shameless, random, moody, critical, and sensitive which is true. i kind of do inappropriate things in public to see people's reaction as a social experiment. she watches me and laughs, and i like knowing that i can make her laugh :) Our functions are the same but in a different order so theres always a really nice conversation flow and connection, but its not like im talking to my clone.

your avatar is very S as well. and i think you've been smoking a little too much pot.

just wondering, have you ever been referred to as mysterious/intense to the point of being creepy? ive heard that its an INFP/INTJ thing. or do you like radiohead/portishead type music. its been unofficially deemed as universal infp music.

NB. this is not one of my best posts =.= i really feel like you're a healthy isfp but i cant prove it >.< argh.

The cliche aspects of Sensing hardly ever even apply to Sensors. Just thought I'd say that. Sensing is often misunderstood. All those things you mentioned being good at could easily being something an ISFP is good at.

@chwoey
I'm going with ISFP because ISFPs are incredibly intuitive and have immense inner worlds. The reason I say ISFP is based on the concrete language in your writing style. You give real world examples or seem to be deriving introverted intuitions (i.e. trends based on what you've physically experienced). I see Se-Ni and Fi in your post which translates to ISFP. INFJs use Se-Ni and Fe and INFPs use Si-Ne and Fi.

Ni is about how this moment (Se) affects the future, is involved with time as a continuous thread. Your writing style, as a result is more focused than an INFP's would be.

Your misinterpreting me. I meant that P-types seem to like weed more than J-types and that weed can make a person passive.
Where's the study that proves this? One of the biggest weed fanatics I know IRL from high school is an ENTJ.

Where's the study that proves this? One of the biggest weed fanatics I know IRL from high school is an ENTJ.
If you can't see this in an 'intuitive' and conceptual way that pot will more likely be liked by a P then there is a high probability that you are a sensor (usually sensors distrust thinking too much like this, I do too, but only if it's doesn't make sense or when it seems irrational, but now it's very obvious).

Why I think P more likely prefers pot? P have less the need of structure in their life, they are more spontaneous and the need to be doing something 'useful' is less prominent. J's are usually people who plan more and they put more importance into order (what and how depends on N or S)
It's not hard to make the link with weed and which would more likely prefer...

And I find it funny that you gave an example lol... Even 300 examples mean nothing here.

Reactions: Staffan
Sorry but if you can't see this in an 'intuitive' and conceptual way that a pot smoker is more likely P last than there is a high probability that you are a sensor (usually sensors distrust thinking too much like this, I do too, but only if it's doesn't make sense or when it seems irrational, but now it's very obvious).

Why I think a P is more likely a pot smoker? P have less the need of structure in their life, they are more spontaneous and the need to be doing something 'useful' is less prominent. J
It's not hard to make the link.

I made the connection. I just know it's wrong via my intuition, you dolt. I don't even believe in the P/J pseudopsychology. You're connection is largely not intuition, btw - it's just stereotyping based on silly archetypes. Obviously, anyone has different psychological reasons for taking up pot smoking.

Reactions: chwoey and Paradigm
I made the connection. I just know it's wrong via my intuition, you dolt. I don't even believe in the P/J pseudopsychology. You're connection is largely not intuition, btw - it's just stereotyping based on silly archetypes. Obviously, anyone has different psychological reasons for taking up pot smoking.
Yes I agree it's stereotyping based on archetypes. But to me it feels like these archetypes of J's and P's are usually correct (even if they don't cover everything, it only covers a tiny part, but a tiny part that to me could change how somebody feels towards weed), and certainly not silly archetypes.
Yes, everybody has different reasons for smoking pot, but I was talking in general, which archetypes (J's and P's) would more likely prefer it.

The post you quoted was not explained well, I changed it.

OBJECTION!
I hate everything that manipulates you in any mental way (kinda)
I don't even drink alcohol for that reason :p

To say that someone lies something like that because the P/J is for me both stupid and strange.
The P in my personality type only says that Fi is the dominant function.
I don't know about you, but I don't see the connection between Fi and weed. (considering that the person we are typing is being considered ISFP)

Discussion starter · #39 ·
Well... Both INFPs and ISFPs can be argumentative.
INFPs are just more prone to be argumentative.

I didn't know that ISFP so well tho, but everyone is argumentative to a degree and about something.

But anyways...
It is random ideas vs actual ideas. (meaning brainstorming ideas vs ideas about something that actually exist).
If you were told to paint, what kind of thing would you paint (just interested).
Haha, first. I forget to shower sometimes and I could go a long time without showering if I didn't need to see other people. -blush-

If I would paint it would be probably an eyeball... I'm fascinated by those..

First we had a discussion and you obviously became angry. Then you started commenting my posts here in an angry tone in spite that I repeatedly said I didn't want to talk to you. Then you went quiet for a while after which you commented another of my posts using a more neutral tone so I gave you the benefit of a doubt and answered - immediately you replied in an angry voice using three exclamations marks in every other question.

And now you demand that I back up a personal impression with a scientific study? People say "it seems like..." all the time here. It's understood that such a statement doesn't require proof since it's too weak. I've never seen anyone here demand proof for a personal impression - yourself included. So it seems to me that setting this exclusive standard for me is just another way for you to vent your anger on me.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.