• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
ENTJ
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all. I think I am an ENTJ. I have done a few cognitive function tests, along with Myers-Briggs tests (not official), and I get pretty high Te, Ti, Ni. If you want to type me for mbti, you definitely can (I'm very interested in your opinion and reasoning), but the thing I really need help with is enneagram. I won't put my guess in this first post because I don't want confirmation bias to cause a misleading result.

About Me, I guess
I like people. I do have "my" people who I especially love a lot (even if I haven't talked with them in a while or they don't feel the same about me), but I generally like everyone. People are intensely interesting and frustrating and I'm all about learning who each individual person is. When I was younger, my parents really didn't want me around, so I went to a lot of other people's houses. My family (which is big), friends, neighbors. I was bold when I was younger and had no issue starting a conversation with strangers. If I saw a new kid my age, I'd stop riding my bike and ask them to be friends. I made friends with the outcast in my grade because I thought she deserved to have someone to talk to, and I was available for it (I was friends with almost everyone in my class). I was the only girl in my grade who would get confrontational if a dude was being a jerk/disrespectful (to me or others) - I'd get up in their face with some aggressive, harsh words. I was extremely good at academics in high school, let people copy off me (I never needed to copy anyone else's work; I liked school), joined groups like band so I could be around my crushes. I even joined the drama/acting group we had, but I have a huge fear of public speaking/performance, so I did make-up and sets. I was a TA for the art teacher (for college applications, plus I liked her), designed and won awards for the yearbook cover (because the previous yearbooks looked bad and I wanted to make something better), and decided to conquer my fear of public speaking by doing speech (kind of worked). Didn't care for sports; they seem supremely pointless. Physics was my absolute favorite class. I didn't like showing off my achievements or flaunting my body because I didn't want to intimidate or alienate people (I tend to intimidate everyone I meet).

As an adult, I love thinking about how other people live and why. I adore airports, and as the plane flies over the city and I see all of the houses, I can't help but wonder about each person and what they might be getting up to and how much activity a city really encompasses. In quiet moments, I like to hold moving systems in my head at once (trying to hold as much as possible until they all fall apart), and I'll input people I know in those houses, imagining their daily routines, adding more people for each house and playing all of the lives together to create a mental cacophony. I date, a LOT, and I am polyamorous. I like everything about dating - the high of the first date and learning someone new especially (although, I lack time so I only ask out people who I think would really get along with me - I have a list of compatible traits and dealbreakers). It's like everyone is a song, and I'm learning to hum along with theirs, and some people have such a gorgeous melody. And such curious, curious stories (I have a few interesting stories myself, because I tend to wander in odd directions).

My parents were not good, especially my dad. They were mostly absent, but sometimes my dad was suddenly loud, aggressive, and in my face. I'd sometimes fight back or sometimes I'd sit quietly and seethe, because it was usually pointless to argue with him. Because I saw how so many other people lived, I knew this was bullshit, so I mostly ignored it or confronted it, while slowly changing my habits to be more healthy. I quit junk food, soda, and Christianity (all a big deal for my family), began running and exercising more. I began shaping my personality and correcting the abuse. My goal at this point was to have an enjoyable career that would also make me some money, because I wanted to live comfortably. My goal these days is loftier - I want to invent things that people use, because I view it as a form of immortality and I could also make some money at it (and money = influence where I live). I don't know the person who invented keyboards, yet think of all the people using them - that idea was THEIRS, and I think our thoughts are part of our identity, so our inventions in a way represent a piece of us. And not only just us, but the people who came before, like the person who invented the typewriter influenced the keyboard (probably) and so in this keyboard, their idea exists as well. I don't want to be famous (I only have a Reddit - no Twitter or FB even) and people can forget my name and face, but man, what if they use something I made?

I started working and I loved my job so much - in general I like work. Whenever there are issues or inefficiencies, I go around to all of my potentially affected coworkers and ask their opinion. I then incorporate what they want and (more importantly to me) what I want for a very satisfying solution that solves things (even better if it solves more than one thing, mmmmmm). My individual solution (before I talk to anyone else) usually involves looking up what others have done, maybe making a spreadsheet if there is numerical data, and thinking of how it will affect everyone. I usually have my own plan really neatly laid out.

I dated someone who was very covertly controlling. He never yelled at me or got in my face, but he was excellent at sophistry, especially gaslighting. He'd make all kinds of claims as being "scientific" and I'd look things up and argue with him, me getting heated, him remaining cold. If I became "emotional," then I was being irrational and I automatically lost the argument, according to him. I left him and became incredibly sensitive to manipulation and control. I DESPISE being controlled and I will tear up my whole life to escape it. I have lost way too much money moving from place to place because of breakups (tbh embarrassing on my part). However, I don't really call it "control" - I call it autonomy. I super value it and in relationships I will moderate myself/protect the other person from me and my biases so they can keep their autonomy and we can have a real discussion. I'm extremely persuasive and I have a lot of conviction when I speak, so people sometimes will go along with me because of that pull (and I don't want a partner to do that at all!). I also value knowing what's real, like a lot, and get bored of things that are "fake" and lack a deeper meaning. If someone "fails" me (like I gave them a big responsibility, which they accepted, and then did not do), I get extremely angry. I also get angry when the same problem happens repeatedly, especially if my solution is available and not being used (fuck the Trolley problem for this reason). I will not yield if I have empirical/scientific evidence for a solution and I have broken several relationships over this trait. During a fight, one of my partners said "What about my feelings?" My response: "I know what your feelings are; I simply dissent. I hear you and my response is NO. I do not agree." I have zero problems breaking up with people (although it does hurt). I will break rules and laws - I worked as an sex worker, for instance, and shoplifted (which I tell no one except the whole internet I guess). I will ignore social contracts intentionally (although I honestly forget birthdays and anniversaries and to like, say hi to people every day at work). At the same time, people find me likable and admirable (I have a distinct memory of a dude literally kneeling and worshipping me before sex, telling me he "wasn't worthy;" this was real and not a kink and I was super uncomfortable). I love video games and especially being underestimated and winning/tricking people - I look very wholesome and sweet, so my intelligence and naughtiness come as a surprise.

Okay, that was a lot. Thank you so much if you read any of it, and I'd really appreciate any kind of feedback or typing attempt. I can elaborate more if you have any questions.

·
Registered
ENTJ
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Or if anyone could tell me how to structure my post to get more responses, that would be helpful too :)

·
Registered
INTJ
284 Posts
This isn't the enneagram testing board. There is a separate place for that. This is just the MBTI one to my understanding and there are stickied questionnaires you could have checked.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

·
Registered
ENTJ
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm, I didn't see that. I thought I saw several other threads for enneagram here. I did see the stickied questions, but many of the recent threads that were replied to did not use the questions. My mistake if I'm wrong. Thanks for your reply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts