Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
Aww. Cute video. If you're willing to do another one, I would recommend having some questions for you to muse about. I also did a video, and what helped me the most was having a specific thing to talk about. I agree with @FarAndAway that you do seem Ne here, but I wonder if that would change if you had a topic to talk about and weren't just... well, talking about your hat and sitting and such.

Personally, I didn't see much Fe going on in your face 8D for me I can't help but Fe in my face - my video showed this even when I wasn't trying - and when I think about my facial expressions / particularly when I watch my facial expressions, or she I'm looking in the mirror or communicating with someone - my facial expressions are extremely exaggerated. I use my face to connect and convey feeling. You either could've not done that because you have secondary Fe, or because you don't have it at all. That I can't say, just that I'm not sure if you were doing that "ENFJ" type thing you casually suggested in the video :)

I really would suggest another video, having some questions to discuss. If you don't want to do that, you could just have a video talking about your interests, who you are, what's shaped you, why you doubt your type and such. That would help us a bit more than musing about the chair and talking about your hat :) I enjoyed it, it was interesting, but it might lead to some mistyping.

Reactions: Melchiz

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@alittlebear

I'll totally do that tomorrow probably. Probably with the interests thing. I like knowing things will happen right, but I loathe structure and having to fit inside something. But like, if you have a few specific questions I could probably tackle those. Until then, I'm thinking I'm definitely an XNFP. Probably INFP. I feel peace about it for like the first time ever. Thanks for your response!

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
I don't think you want to do a whole questionnaire, so here's just some basic questions that could be very revealing

- Why are you doubting your type? Why do you think you're an INFJ, and why do you think you're an INFP?

- Who are you? [Just talk about how you define yourself.]

- What is something you are passionate about it? Babble about it for a minute or so.

- Do you have any goals in life? Don't be too specific or lengthy, again just talk on this subject for a minute or so.

- Is there anything else we should know when trying to type you? You can answer this on the thread as well, but it's something interesting to throw into a video.

Along with this, I would suggest filling out an actual questionnaire and posting it on the original topic post, but I wouldn't go over all the questionnaire questions in the video. That's not always beneficial, I imagine you want a visual reading of your communication style / facial typing cues in the video, and a super long video where you answer 16 deep questions might be extraneous for that purpose.

PS clinging onto a type after two not so certain responses does seem like a pretty Ne thing to do :) We'll Se what the new information tells us though.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@alittlebear

Oh sure. The goals in life thing I probably wouldn't feel comfortable doing vocally for some reason, tho.

And I made a few type me threads already. Er, two. With the result always being mostly INFJ and suggestions that I look into cognitive functions. After actually looking into cognitive functions, I think I'm an INFP, and a couple opinions of my talking style and facial activity were just about enough to prove it to me. Also, my INTP mother is certain I'm an INFP and not an INFJ. Which isn't a big thing, but it helps.

·
Banned
8,898 Posts
I think it's interesting that @alittlebear didn't find your face expressive enough for Fe. I thought you were quite expressive... but my "happy face" around strangers looks something like this:

I'm quite used to saying, "I'm not angry. This is my face."

Having said that, I got a sense of Ne as you jumped from idea to idea (Hi, Tony!) but I can't say anything with certainty. If I were you, I'd just stick to INF(Squee!) because it sounds great. Making a second video might also help.

I hope you get more responses :)

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
I'm really not the best when it comes to identifying facial expressions and whether they are Fe or Fi. I can see how he was expressive, but he reminded me of some FP boys I know so I think that influenced my typing.

Right now I can see ENTP. You didn't show anything in particular that screamed Fi, but you did do quite a bit that screamed Ne, and apparently you are more expressive than the typical Fi user.

I know ENTP isn't something you were considering. Again, if you want more accurate typing, I would look into another video.

·
Banned
8,898 Posts
I'm really not the best when it comes to identifying facial expressions and whether they are Fe or Fi. I can see how he was expressive, but he reminded me of some FP boys I know so I think that influenced my typing.

Right now I can see ENTP. You didn't show anything in particular that screamed Fi, but you did do quite a bit that screamed Ne, and apparently you are more expressive than the typical Fi user.

I know ENTP isn't something you were considering. Again, if you want more accurate typing, I would look into another video.
Oh, I'm not either :tongue:

But I think your observation is a good one. I'm very introverted, which could be the reason he struck me as expressive.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Humans tagged below. Was being weird with the tagging on this.

Thanks so much for your help. Here's my other video. I'll probably make one last one and post it here at some point when I've drank less coffee. At that point, I have a feeling I'll be 98-ish% certain of my type. Perhaps I'm an extrovert. I loooove being around people, and meeting new people, but I definitely also get energy from being alone, and spend a lot of time alone. And usually, I'm around people online instead of offline.

·
Banned
8,898 Posts
So, you like:

• art
  • hats
  • coffee
  • clothes
  • people named Steve
  • Jeff, because Jeff is a snazzy guitar
  • random scarves

I'm going with a tentative ENFP until you get those three cups of coffee out of your system.

:)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Okay cool. Is Ne still showing a lot? I'm pretty much certain of NFP now. I still am leaning towards INFP, though. I think part of the ENFP feel might be that I have a RIDICULOUS amount of close friends who are ENFPs. And my brother is probably one, or maybe a very feelish ENTP. Actually... Close friend (ENFP), close friend (ENFP), close friend (ENFP), favorite uncle (ENXP), brother (ENXP), one of my pastors at my church (ENFP), a few other friends who are ENFP. A lot of influence tho.

But I could certainly be one.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I feel that it is.

You know yourself best, so if you feel closer to INFP then that's what matters.

I hope others chime in soon!
Hey, I just wanna say thanks. Thanks so much. You and alittlebear have been soooo helpful and I appreciate it so much. My final video is about to be uploaded, and I think it'll really be the defining thing either way. I feel good about this one. So whether you watch it or whatever or not, just thanks sooo much for all your help so far. Wow.

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
You're an ENFP. Clear as day now, I think.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.