Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

My first time posting on here. I was wondering if you could type me based on this test I did online. Am I definitely INTJ? or can I be something else, I'm not so sure on how I can analyze the data. Any other comments are welcome :) Many thanks!

MBTI.png

·
Registered
129 Posts
You might want to do a questionnaire, but based off the test it does seem like INTJ. The only strange thing is you got higher Ti and Te then Ni but it could just be the test or a confusion. No one can say what you are but based off the function stack alone INTJ does seem right.

INTJ stack- Ni>Te>Fi>Se

·
Registered
INTJ
293 Posts
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Please see my answers below highlighted in red. Thanks!

I feel like sometimes I can get very impulsive, whereas INTJ are known for planning ahead.

Freedom to be who I am and live my life the way I want to. Because it makes me feel good.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
When I am travelling alone by myself in another country for the first time, and able to just successfully navigate to different places and not getting mugged etc. It made me feel powerful.

When I feel like I can't achieve my goals.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
How I feel about it personally, mostly from my gut feeling.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I would like to be the one in charge of managing the project since I want it to come out well (perfectionist).

Going to a concert by myself of an obscure band and drinking/smoking etc. I can recall the memory very well.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I like to learn by watching videos and then trying it out in a real life situation (solving practice equations, writing essays).

Very organized.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I look to see if it makes sense in real life.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
It should be clear from earlier responses, by following what I believe and being myself.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
Think before I speak and prefer one-on-one communication.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I believe in action ASAP, however it must be backed up with a good plan and sound logic.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Probably reject them and stay home.

I drink alot.

Fakeness, Loud people who don't think before speaking.

Talking about current world events, politics.

Emotional relationship with other people (unfortunately).

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
They probably perceive me as being smart and capable but abit cold-hearted. However, I think they know I always do the right thing.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Listening to music on Youtube, Looking at travel photos on Instagram, Taking a Nap, Driving to somewhere new

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ok I am going to type you objectively as if I do not know what you typed as at all. I wrote my thinking down in the quote so look at that to understand how I got what I got.

I feel like sometimes I can get very impulsive, whereas INTJ are known for planning ahead.

It is true for the most part yes. I think it could be over used the idea that INTJ is 40 steps ahead, but they are planning for the future so this would be more of an Se or even Si kind of trait.

Freedom to be who I am and live my life the way I want to. Because it makes me feel good.

whether you are or not that answer is a very Fi answer

When I am travelling alone by myself in another country for the first time, and able to just successfully navigate to different places and not getting mugged etc. It made me feel powerful.

Not really sure that could be anything. Possibly Te due to the competence compared to logical evidence.

Yes this seems like it is Ni. While Si is possible or even Ne in a way Ni tends to be very goal orienteering.

I think gut feeling can be very misinterpreted because some people think I gut feeling is how they personally feel which it isn’t at least in an Ni point of view. If you have a feeling physically then it is probably more Si, but if it is an internal gut telling you to do it and you just feel like you have to do something and can’t explain it then it is N and most likely.

I would like to be the one in charge of managing the project since I want it to come out well (perfectionist).

Interesting view of perfection not what I would use as an example, but none the less sounds like Te and possibly Ni.

Going to a concert by myself of an obscure band and drinking/smoking etc. I can recall the memory very well.

This sounds like if anything Fi, but honestly it is hard to say because it could be more functions with more context.

I like to learn by watching videos and then trying it out in a real life situation (solving practice equations, writing essays).

Hard to say if sounds like S.

Very organized.

This question really can’t tell you much usually S is more organised but there are always exceptions.

Sounds like a very Se-Ni answer.

It should be clear from earlier responses, by following what I believe and being myself.

Yes at this point you have given Te-Fi answers.

Depends I think the thinking before speak is probably more of an N thing but it depends I know S types that do the same in a different way. One on one could also be anything, but it makes me think higher Fi then Te, but too early to tell.

I believe in action ASAP, however it must be backed up with a good plan and sound logic.

That sounds like something my Se friends would say. I think INTJ would be more on planning then actually acting, but this could very well be dominate.

Introverted answer

I drink alot.

Interesting that is a fall back on Se which would suggest Ni dom, but I would need more context before confidently picking Ni.

Could be anything, but if anything anti Fe and Ne.

Could be anything I think N types probably enjoy this more, but it depends on the how not what.

This is anti Ne and Fe. Could be low Fi, but it depends because many Fi users will understand their emotions well but not others.

They probably perceive me as being smart and capable but abit cold-hearted. However, I think they know I always do the right thing.

Probably traits of higher Te. N doesn’t mean smart so I cant say N or S.

Listening to music on Youtube, Looking at travel photos on Instagram, Taking a Nap, Driving to somewhere new

Introversion in general if I wanted to nick pick it I would say that is Se and Fi, but the truth is it may not be at all it depends.
I can see how you got INTJ. I feel pretty confident on the actual functions. You definitely seemed to have Te, Fi, Ni, and Se. The problem for me is the order of these functions. I think INTJ is absolutely possible and a probability, but I think ISFP should be considered because I saw a ton of Fi answers of Te, that being said the way people perceive you seems more Te. So INTJ would be my guess, but ISFP is absolutely possible. I hope this helped let me know if I am wrong, because you know you better than anyone else.

·
Registered
INTJ
293 Posts

INTJ is one of the most mistyped types so we will see.

Fi

Unsure.

Ni

Fi

Fi and Te sounding

Fi and Se sounding.

Probably not Se then.

Very organized.
J

Se possibly Te

Fi

I

Te

I

I drink alot.
From what I understand this is an Se grip. I don't put much faith in it, but you can look it up if you want.

Fi and I

N

Te

Te and maybe N

I think you pretty consistently answered as INTJ. You have to be some kind of I and J. You answer Te and Fi a lot which would make me guess you are I_TJ. So trying to figure out your perceiving would be that you mention hands on last, whatever your goal is seems to be the most important, and you mention your favorite thing is politics and current events. I couldn't really find anything about you that sounded Si so I would assume Ni.

Ni
Te
Fi
Se

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok I am going to type you objectively as if I do not know what you typed as at all. I wrote my thinking down in the quote so look at that to understand how I got what I got.

I can see how you got INTJ. I feel pretty confident on the actual functions. You definitely seemed to have Te, Fi, Ni, and Se. The problem for me is the order of these functions. I think INTJ is absolutely possible and a probability, but I think ISFP should be considered because I saw a ton of Fi answers of Te, that being said the way people perceive you seems more Te. So INTJ would be my guess, but ISFP is absolutely possible. I hope this helped let me know if I am wrong, because you know you better than anyone else.
Thanks everyone for the reply! I was just wondering are there any things that would clearly differentiate the two types (INTJ vs ISFP)? I would have assumed they won't look anywhere similar on the outside.....

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks everyone for the reply! I was just wondering are there any things that would clearly differentiate the two types (INTJ vs ISFP)? I would have assumed they won't look anywhere similar on the outside.....
In reality they are pretty different so it shouldn’t be that hard to tell the difference of. Basically externally ISFPs tend to come off as more warm and loyal(not saying INTJs are necessarily disloyal). INTJs on the other hand are usually seen as more serous, logical, and in their heads. The way they think is technically kind of similar but they are night and day in the real world. ISFPs will tend to make more emotional al decisions and take in information through the five senses more often while INTJ has systemised knowledge that they make decisions with using hard logical data. That is kind of the extreme but that is the idea. The only reason I wasn’t fully confident with one or the other is because they are both Fi-Te axis and Ni-Se axis. I would look it up I am sure you will find better examples and you will probably know which one you are pretty quickly.

·
Registered
INTJ
293 Posts
If you are an INTJ your leading function your brain operates on is introverted intuition which is concerned with collecting information to make predictions on, to set goals with, etc. Ni is very good at seeing trends and working backwards and forwards on how something will turn out based on the information you give them. Jung describes them as sort of psychotic visionaries.

"The peculiar nature of introverted intuition, if it gains the ascendency,
produces a peculiar type of man: the mystical dreamer and seer on the one
hand, the artist and the crank on the other. The artist might be regarded as
the normal representative of this type, which tends to confine itself to the
perceptive character of intuition. As a rule, the intuitive stops at
perception; perception is his main problem, and—in the case of a creative
artist—the shaping of his perception. But the crank is content with a
visionary idea by which he himself is shaped and determined. Naturally
the intensification of intuition often results in an extraordinary aloofness of
the individual from tangible reality; he may even become a complete
enigma to his immediate circle. If he is an artist, he reveals strange, far-off
things in his art, shimmering in all colours, at once portentous and banal,
beautiful and grotesque, sublime and whimsical. If not an artist, he is
frequently a misunderstood genius, a great man “gone wrong,” a sort of
wise simpleton, a figure for “psychological” novels."

You would be leading with this then supporting it with extraverted thinking which is concerned with objective reality. It is someone who systematizes things everything out in a very logical way. So you would be concerned with adapting your sense of the world to make sense. INTJ has one of the highest rates of geniuses, though obviously not all of them are. Usually the stereotype of INTJ is some sort of workaholic who has a very specific goal in mind to achieve and very nerdy. INTJ is also known as a soulless monster because of how heartless they can come across to people since extraverted feeling is supposed to be their weakest function.

If you are ISFP then you lead with introverted feeling which is you have set values you determine yourself and then supported by your extraverted sensing. ISFP is extremely common in women and known to be very unassertive, but also stubborn. In men I think it is like ISFP and ISFJ are just completely inept at being assertive. They are very concerned with how they feel about a situation, but aren't as logical or objective as someone with Te about it. ISFP usually concern themselves a lot with food and exploring places or whatever gets them physically excited. ISFP are also fairly social but will be a little more stoic emotionally than an extrovert, where INTJ is almost guaranteed socially retarded.

This is why INTJ over ISFP.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts