Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, everyone! I've been exploring the MBTI theory for many time. I can type others accurately but I can't type myself. I would be grateful if someone could help me. I'll use the What's My Type Questionnaire

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

No, I'm fine. Sex: Male. Age: 17. State of mind: happy. Observation: My first language isn't English and my vocabulary isn't really big, so, take this into account.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

My choice-> I cant post images, sorry. PM me if you want the link.
I really liked the picture; it's beautiful. It really brought a state of calmness into my mind. I would like to be there experiencing the wind and have the opportunity to stay some time there appreciating the view.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

Thinking: Did I forget to check up something?
Doing: I would leave the car and open the hood to check if everything is in it's place. Then, I would ask for people's opinion about what went wrong. I would think of another way to go to the show. If we don't make it to the show, no problem. Better than risking people's lives with a broke car.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

I probably would go to the party and probably use the opportunity to get to know more people. If I don't like the party I can just stay outside doing something or observing people. I don't like to drink, so, I would say that if they want they can drink, I would be willing to drive.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

I would probably question(outwardly) the validity of his claim. If the friend is able to support his claim with good arguments I would respect his position but I don't think I would change mine, only if I were totally wrong.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

I would try to understand his/her motivation that caused him saying or doing that thing. If I couldn't understand I would probably get upset but do nothing against him/her. If I understand the person then I would respect him/her.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Respect, fairness, helping those who are trying to improve themselves, independency. I don't really know how I determined them. I just know that, when someone has many traits I wrote I will admire that person. I don't really think they can change.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

a)Creativity
b)I would care about people's feelings. It's hard for me to do that. If I see someone crying the only thing I know how to do is stand staring at them. Nevertheless, I can sometimes sympathize with people and feel a little more sad or happy. This doesn't last more than some seconds.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
When I see someone talking wrong things and people start believing the person. Wow, none of you can think critically?

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a) Searching and learning. I generally get sad when I have nothing new to read or learn.
b) Having to watch/hear/see illogical things and being unable to do something to change it, being it strong emotional reactions or bad arguments. I value logic and respect those who use it. I don't dislike emotional people, if their emotional things aren't directed at me (unfairly).

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
I try to don't reply they with contradicting information or contradicting arguments. When someone talks about something with no facts and having an authority fake position I want to argue with them. As I said, I really value logic and coherence.

Thank you. Have a good day!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Okay. I did the test and got ENTP. I didn't mention anything in the original post because I didn't want to influence the people analyzing it.

From the test: I struggled with the final step. I can identify myself with things from both options.

From first column:

Plan ahead but act impulsively following the situation(no, when I do this everything goes wrong)
Are often act without any preparation at all (no)
Are 'new day, new life - new them'(yes)
Have difficulties with commitments(not all commitments. If people need me to do it I'll do it.)
Choose to have freedom from responsibilities and obligations(no)
Often struggle to find a steady balance between own emotional and intellectual self(no)

Plan a schedule ahead and tend to follow it(yes)
Are very good at keeping own promises and appointments(not very good because my memory isn't the best but I generally do what people ask me to do)
Do not like to leave unanswered questions(no)
Do not like to change own decisions(no)
Easily follow established rules and guidelines(yes)
Often struggle to find a steady balance between own physical and spiritual self(?)

Step 1, 2 and 3 were easy. So, I'm left with ENTP and ENTJ...

My big five results:

Openness to experience: around 85

Extroversion: generally around 50

Agreeableness: low, 10-20

Conscienciousness: 22

Neuroticism: always very low 1~10

I think this says not an ENTJ lol

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.[/B]

My choice-> I cant post images, sorry. PM me if you want the link.
I really liked the picture; it's beautiful. It really brought a state of calmness into my mind. I would like to be there experiencing the wind and have the opportunity to stay some time there appreciating the view.
The way you talk gives me the idea that you have the soul of an artist if nothing else. I'm ruling out Si right now in any case. You don't seem to have an interest in describing details of the picture but focus on the overall feel, giving me an Se-Ni vibe.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

Thinking: Did I forget to check up something?
Doing: I would leave the car and open the hood to check if everything is in it's place. Then, I would ask for people's opinion about what went wrong. I would think of another way to go to the show. If we don't make it to the show, no problem. Better than risking people's lives with a broke car.
As a first step I see you retracing your steps and going into a mental checklist/plan. That seems like Ti to me (as does a lot in this list, just to warn you).
As a second step there's the checking of the world and concrete problem solving. This would already label you as an ST for most. You focus is a lot on your thought process and the consistency of arguments.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

I probably would go to the party and probably use the opportunity to get to know more people. If I don't like the party I can just stay outside doing something or observing people. I don't like to drink, so, I would say that if they want they can drink, I would be willing to drive.
This can be consistent with Fe and/or Se. Mostly again it's practical and non-intrusive. You seem very comfortable with setting boundaries, which is usually Ti.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

I would probably question(outwardly) the validity of his claim. If the friend is able to support his claim with good arguments I would respect his position but I don't think I would change mine, only if I were totally wrong.
Ti, without a doubt, with Se to finish off. This answer is something every ISTP will agree with.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

I would try to understand his/her motivation that caused him saying or doing that thing. If I couldn't understand I would probably get upset but do nothing against him/her. If I understand the person then I would respect him/her.
Dominant Ti wants to understand first. Respect coming from understanding is easily Ti-Fe. It's still possible that Ti is secondary, but it's so all over every answer that my guess would be that it's just the natural way to think for you.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Respect, fairness, helping those who are trying to improve themselves, independency. I don't really know how I determined them. I just know that, when someone has many traits I wrote I will admire that person. I don't really think they can change.
Inferior Fe would mean not much control over your value system. This can often mean that you have strong feelings about them but can't really express what they're all about. This will get easier with age.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

a)Creativity
It's very common for all types to value the tertiary function first. Do you think it possible that your friends might say your logical and consistent attitude and mind were a dinstinguishing feature?
That said, ISTPs are often creative. This often means good feeling for colour, composition and other visual things, but music is another one (I seem to remember Bob Dylan being an ISTP if I remember correctly?). You should check the ISTP forum for specifics, I'm not one and my knowlegde is only superficial.

b)I would care about people's feelings. It's hard for me to do that. If I see someone crying the only thing I know how to do is stand staring at them. Nevertheless, I can sometimes sympathize with people and feel a little more sad or happy. This doesn't last more than some seconds.
This is easily inferior Fe. It comes with the high Ti and it can get better with practice and age.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
When I see someone talking wrong things and people start believing the person. Wow, none of you can think critically?
Again, Ti. Ti-dominants are very good at critical thinking. So much so that they often can't even imagine others not seeing all of those obvious things. This is the part of you that is the most you.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a) Searching and learning. I generally get sad when I have nothing new to read or learn.
I see Ti together with Se. Ti needs to get its information from somewhere and that's where Se comes in. Getting more information is part of the fun of learning.

b) Having to watch/hear/see illogical things and being unable to do something to change it, being it strong emotional reactions or bad arguments. I value logic and respect those who use it. I don't dislike emotional people, if their emotional things aren't directed at me (unfairly).
Drained by Fe (having to deal with other people's problems) means inferior Fe. Very consistent across the board.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
I try to don't reply they with contradicting information or contradicting arguments. When someone talks about something with no facts and having an authority fake position I want to argue with them. As I said, I really value logic and coherence.
Do I need to say it? That's Ti valuing consistency and abstract reasoning. Ti-doms often get triggered when people ignore rationality and try to use their authority as an argument.

Overall, this whole post screams ISTP. Ti is all over the place, inferior Fe too. Your practical nature of Se also shines through and the way you integreate Se and Ni in your creative process is very telling for the middle two functions.
My advice is to read into the ISTP type, go past the stupid stereotypes the description brings and really read into the functions of it. I think you'll recognize a lot of yourself there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts