Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

18 year old male. High possibility of narcissism. Maybe mild Aspergers?

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

Screen Shot 2013-01-26 at 6.10.28 PM.jpg

umm… She is beautiful, and she is well aware of this, but her confidence is no match for her insecurity. She doesn't understand that there are imperfections in perfections. She dwells on these imperfections, which has created a need to be alone, and only their can she be at true peace. Hence she is laying on what looks to be a hammock in some sort of Gazzibo in a backyard alone.

…also sex

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

My initial thoughts would be something along the lines of… AHHHH!!!!! FUCKING GOD DAMN PIECE OF SHIT CAR! FUUUUUCKKKKK.

Outward Reaction?… Take charge. Given that it is my favourite band I wouldn't be very happy to miss the concert so I would start accessing abilities and then delegating. The individuals with the most knowledge of cars would obviously be working on repairing the car, while the most physically able would be walking in the direction of the concert looking for help, and the hottest girl would be standing on the side of the road trying to hitch us a ride. If the hottest girl happens to be the most mechanically inclined and physically fit then… hmmm… abandon ship. I'd walk.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

I would not be attending this after party as I have very little interest in interacting with people on a large scale. Although I was just at a concert so I would surely be highly intoxicated, and in that case I would go. I couldn't care less about the possibility of them drinking, I would figure that out when I the time came.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

If you express your opinion you'd better be ready to defend yourself. Inward and outward reactions are in perfect agreement.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

Quite often I wouldn't be completely sure of my own beliefs, so internally I would be comparing the original with the contradiction. That is not to say that externally I will be going down without a fight. There is no better way to recognize any contradictions that I haven't already recognized, and reorganize, than an argument.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

-have an opinion and fight for it
-face the consequences
-no means no

Thinking about from the first time I was able to until now. If I knew how they could change they would have already been changed.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else?

ummm… yeah, it would probably be my relentlessness on anyone who expresses an opinion I believe to be irrational or unfounded. This would be noticed especially by anyone who highly values constant harmony in interaction. Basically my calling of bullshit.

b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

I would rather not be a narcissist… but other than that?… Pretty tough question for someone who already thinks they are perfect…

I'll say I wish I could be more intuitive. I don't feel that I am lacking in that area but having the answer just come to you is so easy.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

They get considered but I value objective analysis much more. I experience hunches and gut feelings in situations of importance to me, more often than not.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

Although I much prefer interactions on a smaller scale, I find them extremely draining while interaction on a larger scale is oddly energizing. After interactions with one to a few people I find myself needing time alone, but after an interaction with ten or more people I am ready for more.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

When the discussion doesn't revolve around something I am interested in, I quite often will have something to say, but won't say it… for whatever reason. I'm absolutely the worst small talker. In many cases when I attempt small talk I get really awkward and say the weirdest things. Depending on the people, I can get really outrageous. If I am aware that the other person is okay with it I am not afraid to reveal my inner thinkings, but if it is just a stranger I won't be telling them about my theory on having sex with girls on their periods any time soon. Really I just have an unbelievably perverse sense of humour, but I only let it out in certain situations.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
It's a tough call but I'm leaning towards xSTP. You seem to be a "Just the facts ma'am!" kind of guy, there's no doubt you're a thinker, I am going with P because you appear to be a "figure it out as you go' type. The E vs I is a tough call.
I'll be interested in what others think.
:happy:

Reactions: marckos

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
100% uses Ti, so xxTP. Probably IxTP.

Reactions: ElectricHead

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Yeah, throwing my $.02 into the fountain and going with some kind of xSTP, maybe ESTP.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a tough call but I'm leaning towards xSTP. You seem to be a "Just the facts ma'am!" kind of guy, there's no doubt you're a thinker, I am going with P because you appear to be a "figure it out as you go' type. The E vs I is a tough call.
I'll be interested in what others think.

I go for ESTP but yeah definitely XSTP

100% uses Ti, so xxTP. Probably IxTP.

Yeah, throwing my $.02 into the fountain and going with some kind of xSTP, maybe ESTP.

So I've done a bit of research to find that I am having a lot of trouble believing that I am an extraverted sensor. I remain convinced that I am an xNTP, but I would be happy for someone to explain to me how I am using extraverted sensing. As all my knowledge of the function is from internet definitions, rather than experience.

I am going to answer another questionnaire, maybe that will make my type clearer.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Outward Reaction?… Take charge. Given that it is my favourite band I wouldn't be very happy to miss the concert so I would start accessing abilities and then delegating. The individuals with the most knowledge of cars would obviously be working on repairing the car, while the most physically able would be walking in the direction of the concert looking for help, and the hottest girl would be standing on the side of the road trying to hitch us a ride. If the hottest girl happens to be the most mechanically inclined and physically fit then… hmmm… abandon ship. I'd walk.
Although I was just at a concert so I would surely be highly intoxicated, and in that case I would go. I couldn't care less about the possibility of them drinking, I would figure that out when I the time came.
Your whole post reeks of Ti, too, so xSFP will not be coming to this particular party. Actually for a second, particularly in question 8, I considered ISTP, but Fe doesn't appear to be your problem spot because you seem to have a pretty good grasp of social situations... plus you say you prefer larger groups of people.

I hate stereotypes, but you do seem to fit the "live in the moment, follow your impulses" Se stereotype, especially in the second quote. And the difference between your Se and Ni is so great that one must be your dominant and the other your inferior.

I don't think that Se "feels" like anything, and I know it works differently in me than it might for someone who has it as their dominant function.

Your answers lack the verbosity of an Ne user, too--Se prefers brevity. Why say things in 5 words when you can say them in 2? Ne isn't like that because it doesn't care. It goes off on tangents. @arkigos is a good example of INTP, whereas my Se and Ni want to get to the point immediately.

Why do you think you might use Ne?

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I was thinking ISTP. You seem kind of arrogant, especially when you pretended to know that woman's entire mind set, which was kind of funny.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
*appears, answering implicit summons*

ExTP for sure... before I chime in on ESTP, I'd like to ask... you say you like to debate... however, because of Ne vs Ni .. this can go down two ways. ENTP can and will debate high level stuff like philosophy to the point of bitter minutia. This is the Ne/Si curse - Ne makes it completely theoretical make believe and Si makes it stringent to the point trivial exacting detail. A genuine ENTP would debate the exact definition of atheism or agnosticism until 4 am.

ESTP is not going to have nearly as much natural stamina for something so abstract or so meticulous... and will probably get frustrated if in a three-way argument like that if it ran for, say, 2 hours or more. Even ISTP would throw in the towel far before INTP or ENTP would.

Also, do you have any esoteric beliefs .. like astrology or the Illuminati ... any unusual views at all? Hollow earth? Moon landing was faked? If so, what are they if you don't mind me asking and tell me why you believe.

·
Banned
149 Posts

I'm pretty damn sure that you're an INTP or INTJ. IF you are sure that you're a Ti user (xxTP) then I would say that you're INTP.

So I've done a bit of research to find that I am having a lot of trouble believing that I am an extraverted sensor. I remain convinced that I am an xNTP, but I would be happy for someone to explain to me how I am using extraverted sensing. As all my knowledge of the function is from internet definitions, rather than experience.

I am going to answer another questionnaire, maybe that will make my type clearer.
I'm pretty damn sure that you're an INTP or INTJ. IF you are sure that you're a Ti user (xxTP) then I would say that you're INTP. You also sound like an enneagram 6w5 or 5w6.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
*appears, answering implicit summons*

ExTP for sure... before I chime in on ESTP, I'd like to ask... you say you like to debate... however, because of Ne vs Ni .. this can go down two ways. ENTP can and will debate high level stuff like philosophy to the point of bitter minutia. This is the Ne/Si curse - Ne makes it completely theoretical make believe and Si makes it stringent to the point trivial exacting detail. A genuine ENTP would debate the exact definition of atheism or agnosticism until 4 am.

ESTP is not going to have nearly as much natural stamina for something so abstract or so meticulous... and will probably get frustrated if in a three-way argument like that if it ran for, say, 2 hours or more. Even ISTP would throw in the towel far before INTP or ENTP would.

Also, do you have any esoteric beliefs .. like astrology or the Illuminati ... any unusual views at all? Hollow earth? Moon landing was faked? If so, what are they if you don't mind me asking and tell me why you believe.
I have virtually unlimited stamina for arguing. Never have I had the opportunity to argue the definition of a word for several hours, but surely if I was given the opportunity I would gladly accept. Saying that my arguments never end on the subject they began on was an absolutely horrible way of explaining my thoughts. Not often do they end on a debate of definition, but they do end on a minuscule or trivial tangent. Although this tangent might become the debate, it borders on meaningless when compared to the big picture.

They're all posibilites, but lets face, there is little to no valid evidence for any of them... unless I haven't seen it... and to be perfectly honest, it is ridiculously obvious that this question is some sort of probe (or something alone those lines). There is very little chance that my answer would be any where near an answer that was given without this knowledge.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm pretty damn sure that you're an INTP or INTJ. IF you are sure that you're a Ti user (xxTP) then I would say that you're INTP. You also sound like an enneagram 6w5 or 5w6.

I tested 5w4 on an enneagram quiz. It sounded a bit like me, but not much more than others.
"The committed, security-oriented type. Sixes are reliable, hard-working, responsible, and trustworthy. Excellent "troubleshooters," they foresee problems and foster cooperation, but can also become defensive, evasive, and anxious—running on stress while complaining about it. They can be cautious and indecisive, but also reactive, defiant and rebellious. They typically have problems with self-doubt and suspicion. At their Best: internally stable and self-reliant, courageously championing themselves and others.
If this is an accurate description of a type 6 then I would be extremely surprised to find out that this is me. I am an excellent trouble shooter, and I struggle with self-doubt, but almost everything else mentioned is in no way me... and the rest isn't much closer. Never in my life have I been described as hard-working, responsible, or trustworthy. Even the thought of someone considering me to be those things is laughable... and I don't mean someone who is judging me based on a few hundred words.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I tested 5w4 on an enneagram quiz. It sounded a bit like me, but not much more than others.

If this is an accurate description of a type 6 then I would be extremely surprised to find out that this is me. I am an excellent trouble shooter, and I struggle with self-doubt, but almost everything else mentioned is in no way me... and the rest isn't much closer. Never in my life have I been described as hard-working, responsible, or trustworthy. Even the thought of someone considering me to be those things is laughable... and I don't mean someone who is judging me based on a few hundred words.
If you relate with 5, and you (sort of) relate with 6, then you might also consider 5w6 as a type... Or even 6w5 (though don't quote me, I'm not sure either).

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
PS, I wouldn't't rely on descriptions too much--I in no way resemble that description of the 6, yet I'm undeniably one.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
I have virtually unlimited stamina for arguing. Never have I had the opportunity to argue the definition of a word for several hours, but surely if I was given the opportunity I would gladly accept. Saying that my arguments never end on the subject they began on was an absolutely horrible way of explaining my thoughts. Not often do they end on a debate of definition, but they do end on a minuscule or trivial tangent. Although this tangent might become the debate, it borders on meaningless when compared to the big picture.

They're all possibilites, but lets face [it], there is little to no valid evidence for any of them... unless I haven't seen it... and to be perfectly honest, it is ridiculously obvious that this question is some sort of probe (or something alone those lines). There is very little chance that my answer would be any where near an answer that was given without this knowledge.
(( xSTP can be this way as well... but notably less so in my experience.. as explained below))

Bold = Hyperbole and absolute (metaphoric) associations. Ne and hyperbole are inexorably intertwined. They are one and the same.

Underline = Caveats and addendums (often abusing parentheses), being used almost compulsively. New considerations are always entering the Ne mind quickly and a need for thoroughness (Si, I imagine) compels their inclusion. This intertwines with hyperbole to create hilarious conditional absolutes like 'virtually impossible', 'essentially false', 'all but impossible' ... or the converse "extremely improbable" or "utterly unlikely". This is also motivated by a desire to pack every aspect of a thought into it's expression... which leads to our tendency for run-on sentences and even more general abuse of punctuation (clauses and asides!!): it's just how our brains work.

Italics = We are also quite good at yoda-speak or 'clever' language and irony. It's almost as if we get bored with rote syntax, and aggressively seek new forms of expression and can be quite adept at using figures of speech. xNTP are notoriously preoccupied with language/etymology and generally have very large vocabularies. Every NP I know is a walking thesaurus. xSTP types are better at puns, wordplay, and 'lawyer speech'.. and are more inclined to enjoy catching technical loopholes (lawyer) while xNTP is more interested in exposing conceptual inconsistency (philosopher).

I've also noticed in you somewhat the Ne tendency towards deictic (or contextually implicit) speech. Ne can switch context on a dime and hold complex concepts in their mind very well... sometimes assuming that this is implied in speech when it isn't. It's quite a joke between my ENFP wife and I.

"What is?"
"What is what?"
"A joke."
"You don't know what a joke is?"
"No, the thing you called a joke."
"What about it?"
"What is it?"
"I already told you."
"No, you didn't."
"Oh, right... it's, er.... how we struggle with each other's tendency to assume context as implicit in conversation"
"Okay, I get it now.... hey, that's funny! That's totally META."
"What is?"
"What is.... meta? This conversation. Quit being a smartass."

I reiterate my vote of (E)NTP.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
As I think of it, though... xSTP can be hyperbolic in regular speech... and you are generally antagonistic to theories and don't seem to be generating any of your own as an Ne would - at least not with Ne authority. You actually remind me of @Ellis Bell in a way - and I suddenly realized I was anticipating a lawyer response from you rather than an Ne riff. I think I was wrong and you are an xSTP after all.

Interesting.

EDIT: Also reminds me of @petitpèlerin - who apparently is taking her new years resolution to spend less time on the internet very seriously. Another ISTP with a peculiarly over-developed Ni (I guess?) that I would have assumed was an N with traits of NP and NJ. Super weird.

EDIT EDIT: What's with ISTPs changing their damn forum handle?! My ISTP friend changes his email address like twice a year and the name he puts with it to all sorts of random crap. Is this a thing?

Reactions: Ellis Bell
1 - 20 of 25 Posts