Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
ISFP
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
My behaviors change often, sometimes it's like I switch identities which is why I would answer questionairs like this different. I don't know why I'm like that but I'll try to be as objective as possible.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
A great and well-balanced life. I'm 24 and I showed early tendencies of being a workaholic but books such as the four hour week and how to stop worrying showed me what I really want: A life that is based on a sense of duty and personal growth but yet fun and about not working too much.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I love partying. There are times where I don't like to go out especially when I'm stressed (I would also say I'm more socially introverted, my friends go out more often than I do) but when I think of "finest" my thinking process leads to the word "excitement" and I get a picture of partys in my head. This is probably the reason why I doubt to be an INFJ (some people on reddit assume that). A specific time? Now - I'm self-employed and I reached the point where I get everything done within less than 30 hours of work a week. I read good books, I spend time with my family, I watch good movies, play video games and have time for friends as well as I have the freedom that I've been trying to reach. My goal isn't fully reached but I go on a path made of confidence.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
My performance anxiety. I'm not talking about s*x here, in general I'm often worried about my skills and how I appear. I take criticism well but as soon as someone says anything about my intelligence or what I do for a living is bad I get some doubts. This is why I often try too hard to appeal smart. I also realized that I'm secretly jealous of what people refer to as "alpha male". I recently watched the movie "Crazy stupid love" and watching how Ryan Gossling picks up all these girls triggers me. When he played that clumsy cop in another movie I liked his acting but I just secretly hate people (even friends) who gain all attention. I don't try hard to get attention I just hate being ignored that makes me feel inferior. In general, I often doubt myself -. when my friends don't call me for days I'm scared they suddenly hate me and when my dog doesn't come to me in the morning once I get thoughts of "does she hate me now?" I don't share this with anyone but I'm very insecure about how others see me or how I appear although I'm not after status or becoming an authority figure.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I consider other people. When I'm for myself I use facts especially when I buy something. Sure, personal taste does matter when I buy a video game but when I buy a new computer it's all about data. However, when others are involved I consider what they like which is why I'm not decisive in relationships because I think too much about the interests of my partner.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I have this big goal in mind and although I'm impatient I know things take time. To me it's about finishing stuff - I don't want to be in charge in group projects (I hate having too much responsibility) and I don't even want to have control over the outcome. Sometimes I have this "well, others will do it" attitude.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Well, I should've read the questions first because I answered that already in question number 3 :p

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I can't get something out of my mind and this can cause that I even delay my sleeping time a bit because I just want to know it. I've never been to the college library because when I study I need to walk around and speak to myself. Sure, this isn't the question but the point is this: I never learn something practical, I love learning about stuff such as MBTI.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
On a scale? 8/10. I don't write down meetings and it could be that I forget things someone told me to do but when it's about my work stuff I'm very organized as I write to-do-lists and take care that everything gets done. I realized that it's important to me to keep my inner world organized - when I work out I always think of the coming tasks (this kinda sucks because this makes "just enjoying the moment" hard, even hobbys become to-dos in my head) and they have to be in order. An example: I have to clean the room but think of cooking as my next task? I have to start this thought again and I often feel the need to order my thoughts again and again (doing it once is just not enough).

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I'll try to understand the idea. Looking for information that supports it only for the sake of being able to say "I'm right" is the so called "confirmation bias" (filter information so it fits your views, often seen among people who try to defend their opinions).

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Could this Fe vs. Fi question be more obvious? I feel biased now. But ok: I hate it when there is an imbalance within a group. I like it to give the outsider (e. g. someone new) a lot of attention so that the person can be on the "same level" as everyone else. In general, I seek fairness and harmony - I don't discuss politics for example because this never ends well.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I think before I speak. One on one discussions are more personal but group discussions make you laugh more often and they don't get boring as easy because, well, more people are involved (this is an advantage because I'm not always talkative only to some extent).

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
Honestly? I would love to say that I consider everything before I do something but when it comes to that I'm so clumsy. I'm often like "ok, I considered everything so nothing will go wrong" but three seconds later I realize I messed up. Yes, actions speak more than words when it comes to showing loyality for example.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I would watch the show (or rather a movie). I would prefer to go out with friends although there might be times where I would just stay at home. What I dislike is the spontaneously - when I was mentally prepared to watch the show it is most likely (not 100% sure) that I'll watch it instead of going out.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
The house burns down. My ADHD makes my stress resistance zero.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
There are four things I hate about others:
1. Drama. When someone thinks everything will go wrong because of one little thing I just can't stand it as well as I dislike that some people don't ask me for help right away and instead want me to come to them. If you seek advice please come to me and I'll help you but don't expect that I come to you after giving me some hints.
2. When people live in denial about something. I say "live and let live" and it is not my thing to tell others how to live but if I beg someone to please do something because it is serious (e.g. losing weight because of health problems) then it means I care about you and I hate it when someone ignores that and replys with a stupid father joke.
3. When people share problems on social media. Honestly, why would you give yourself a name like "emptiness97" and post pictures of your depressed life? It's great that you have these deep thoughts and if you need help feel free to contact me but please don't make this public because this might cause you more problems.
4. Being too safety oriented. Look, I have financial plans and take care that money isn't wasted but even I enjoy to go out and have a nice dinner here and there. I can't stand it when someone only sees the practical uses of a car or replys to expensive dinners on a "you could've eaten for less" way. My friends sometimes tell me I save too much money but others literally freak out over saving.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I like talking about things we all like. I don't like smalltalk but when many people are engaged in the conversation why not talking about the football game of last weekend? I'm flexible here, it really depends who I'm with. If someone wants to talk philosophy I'm in as well as I'm in when someone talks about his last holiday. To me, it is more about the connection to the person than the topic itself.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
Fancy stuff, practical hobbys like cooking or repairing and popular TV shows (again, I'm a movie person)

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
Some statements my friends made about me:
1. You're a philosopher
2. You save too much money
3. You should become a politician
4. You're dumb
5. You suck at driving

No, I'm not dumb. I live in my head and we have different interests. It's not my fault that all of them are "hands on" persons who can focus on the here and now all the time. I just think about many things and I'm not in touch with my surroundings. The word that I would use is "clumsy" or "occupied".

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I start with my morning routine - showing graditude, drinking a glass of water, meditate and do some reading. Then I would first check what needs to be done. After that I read, I work out, I might watch some TV, I spend time with my family and then play video games (horror survival, I love this genre). If there is enough time and I feel like to, I might call my friends to go out.

·
Premium Member
INTJ 5w4 (Sp/Sx) 594
548 Posts
The best way to find your type is to study each one. Narrow the possibilities down one by one.
Take tests strictly to narrow down the set of possibilities.
Once you have 2-3 to choose from, read into them. Study the flaws and gifts in each.

I wouldn't trust anyone on here to give you an accurate analysis (including myself).
Trust me, there is really no quick way to go about this, you just need to do the research.

·
Registered
INTJ
293 Posts
My behaviors change often, sometimes it's like I switch identities which is why I would answer questionairs like this different. I don't know why I'm like that but I'll try to be as objective as possible.
So either you are very young, not very good at introspection, and/or an unhealthy type. Usually that means you are an E or an Fe.

A great and well-balanced life. I'm 24 and I showed early tendencies of being a workaholic but books such as the four hour week and how to stop worrying showed me what I really want: A life that is based on a sense of duty and personal growth but yet fun and about not working too much.
This sounds like Si. If you read descriptions of then they often talk about these sorts of things you mention.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I love partying. There are times where I don't like to go out especially when I'm stressed (I would also say I'm more socially introverted, my friends go out more often than I do) but when I think of "finest" my thinking process leads to the word "excitement" and I get a picture of partys in my head. This is probably the reason why I doubt to be an INFJ (some people on reddit assume that). A specific time? Now - I'm self-employed and I reached the point where I get everything done within less than 30 hours of work a week. I read good books, I spend time with my family, I watch good movies, play video games and have time for friends as well as I have the freedom that I've been trying to reach. My goal isn't fully reached but I go on a path made of confidence.
Just in general everything sounds like SF.

My performance anxiety. I'm not talking about s*x here, in general I'm often worried about my skills and how I appear. I take criticism well but as soon as someone says anything about my intelligence or what I do for a living is bad I get some doubts. This is why I often try too hard to appeal smart. I also realized that I'm secretly jealous of what people refer to as "alpha male". I recently watched the movie "Crazy stupid love" and watching how Ryan Gossling picks up all these girls triggers me. When he played that clumsy cop in another movie I liked his acting but I just secretly hate people (even friends) who gain all attention. I don't try hard to get attention I just hate being ignored that makes me feel inferior. In general, I often doubt myself -. when my friends don't call me for days I'm scared they suddenly hate me and when my dog doesn't come to me in the morning once I get thoughts of "does she hate me now?" I don't share this with anyone but I'm very insecure about how others see me or how I appear although I'm not after status or becoming an authority figure.
It sounds to me like you are Fe since everything seems to hinge on what other people think. Also ISFJ is known to be more of an unassertive type which seems like how you describe yourself

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I consider other people. When I'm for myself I use facts especially when I buy something. Sure, personal taste does matter when I buy a video game but when I buy a new computer it's all about data. However, when others are involved I consider what they like which is why I'm not decisive in relationships because I think too much about the interests of my partner.
Okay so you are definitely an Fe type.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I have this big goal in mind and although I'm impatient I know things take time. To me it's about finishing stuff - I don't want to be in charge in group projects (I hate having too much responsibility) and I don't even want to have control over the outcome. Sometimes I have this "well, others will do it" attitude.
ISFJ still fits. I don't think you have Ni.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I can't get something out of my mind and this can cause that I even delay my sleeping time a bit because I just want to know it. I've never been to the college library because when I study I need to walk around and speak to myself. Sure, this isn't the question but the point is this: I never learn something practical, I love learning about stuff such as MBTI.
Weird. You say you never learn anything practical but just about every single thing you have talked about has been practical minded.

On a scale? 8/10. I don't write down meetings and it could be that I forget things someone told me to do but when it's about my work stuff I'm very organized as I write to-do-lists and take care that everything gets done. I realized that it's important to me to keep my inner world organized - when I work out I always think of the coming tasks (this kinda sucks because this makes "just enjoying the moment" hard, even hobbys become to-dos in my head) and they have to be in order. An example: I have to clean the room but think of cooking as my next task? I have to start this thought again and I often feel the need to order my thoughts again and again (doing it once is just not enough).
J

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I'll try to understand the idea. Looking for information that supports it only for the sake of being able to say "I'm right" is the so called "confirmation bias" (filter information so it fits your views, often seen among people who try to defend their opinions).
I think this means Ti because you sound like you hate Te from this.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Could this Fe vs. Fi question be more obvious? I feel biased now. But ok: I hate it when there is an imbalance within a group. I like it to give the outsider (e. g. someone new) a lot of attention so that the person can be on the "same level" as everyone else. In general, I seek fairness and harmony - I don't discuss politics for example because this never ends well.
Yeah Fe.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I think before I speak. One on one discussions are more personal but group discussions make you laugh more often and they don't get boring as easy because, well, more people are involved (this is an advantage because I'm not always talkative only to some extent).
I

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
Honestly? I would love to say that I consider everything before I do something but when it comes to that I'm so clumsy. I'm often like "ok, I considered everything so nothing will go wrong" but three seconds later I realize I messed up. Yes, actions speak more than words when it comes to showing loyality for example.
I

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I would watch the show (or rather a movie). I would prefer to go out with friends although there might be times where I would just stay at home. What I dislike is the spontaneously - when I was mentally prepared to watch the show it is most likely (not 100% sure) that I'll watch it instead of going out.
J

ADHD is almost always associated with Ne so you could say this is a grip Ne response to stress.

1. Drama. When someone thinks everything will go wrong because of one little thing I just can't stand it as well as I dislike that some people don't ask me for help right away and instead want me to come to them. If you seek advice please come to me and I'll help you but don't expect that I come to you after giving me some hints.
2. When people live in denial about something. I say "live and let live" and it is not my thing to tell others how to live but if I beg someone to please do something because it is serious (e.g. losing weight because of health problems) then it means I care about you and I hate it when someone ignores that and replys with a stupid father joke.
3. When people share problems on social media. Honestly, why would you give yourself a name like "emptiness97" and post pictures of your depressed life? It's great that you have these deep thoughts and if you need help feel free to contact me but please don't make this public because this might cause you more problems.
4. Being too safety oriented. Look, I have financial plans and take care that money isn't wasted but even I enjoy to go out and have a nice dinner here and there. I can't stand it when someone only sees the practical uses of a car or replys to expensive dinners on a "you could've eaten for less" way. My friends sometimes tell me I save too much money but others literally freak out over saving.
I think generically F.

I like talking about things we all like. I don't like smalltalk but when many people are engaged in the conversation why not talking about the football game of last weekend? I'm flexible here, it really depends who I'm with. If someone wants to talk philosophy I'm in as well as I'm in when someone talks about his last holiday. To me, it is more about the connection to the person than the topic itself.
Fe

Fancy stuff, practical hobbys like cooking or repairing and popular TV shows (again, I'm a movie person)
I think this is just you dont have Se.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
1. You're a philosopher
4. You're dumb
5. You suck at driving

No, I'm not dumb. I live in my head and we have different interests. It's not my fault that all of them are "hands on" persons who can focus on the here and now all the time. I just think about many things and I'm not in touch with my surroundings. The word that I would use is "clumsy" or "occupied".
This sounds like guiding to INFJ but is never reflected or hinted at elsewhere so I'm still sticking with ISFJ.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I start with my morning routine - showing graditude, drinking a glass of water, meditate and do some reading. Then I would first check what needs to be done. After that I read, I work out, I might watch some TV, I spend time with my family and then play video games (horror survival, I love this genre). If there is enough time and I feel like to, I might call my friends to go out.
I'm fairly certain you are ISFJ. Si-Fe seems to be very prevalent.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Before I start typing of course other people’s opinions should be taken lightly and not as fact. But personally I think other people’s perspectives are positive and should be promoted. I wrote my thinking in the quote to look into that to see how I got what I got.

Ok I will keep that in mind.

Seems Si to me due to the way you explain structure but it could be some sort of Ti or Te so I don’t know.

Fe with either Ni or Si cannot tell which.

Seems like either auxiliary Fe or Te with tertiary Ti or Fi.

Does not sound like Ni or Te. Very anti Ni with not wanting to control outcome. Maybe Fe.
7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Well, I should've read the questions first because I answered that already in question number 3 :p

Fe and introversion in question 3.

Not sure could be Ni, but seems more like Si. I am not sure what “speak to myself means.” Either Ni or Si.

Again Si or Ni. Not sure which but it seems like an Si plan for the future versus Ni.

This is definitely not Se or Ne. Maybe Si or Ni because it is a subjective way of getting information. Seems like Ti for an Fe reason

Yes it is a dumb question, but you did answer with Fe which makes sense based off what I have seen so far.

Seems like an Fe reason and use.

Seems like Si attempt to predict the future but it could be Ni.

Introversion and Si or Ni.

This could be biased but my brother has ADHD, autism, and OCD and is an ISFJ so this makes me think more of Si stress versus Ni stress.

Anti Fi.

Fe and anti N.

Not sure maybe anti Fi and Se or Ne.

Not sure honestly sounds like Ti and maybe Si

Definitely an Fe reason and sounds like every Fe I know

Kind of anti Se and maybe Si not sure.
1. You're a philosopher
Ni is stereotypical but it could literally be anything
Could be anything but probably Ti or Te
Fe maybe again it depends could be Ti, Ni, Ne, Se, Te or even Fi.
4. You're dumb
Probably an F and S thing but not sure. Of course an F and S does not mean someone is dumb it is just stereotypical. I know very smart XSFXs
5. You suck at driving
Funny not sure maybe an anti Se thing based on the kind of people who would say that. Again could be anything.

This makes me think that you view yourself as Ni or Ne based on wording but I will be honest I see more Si so far, but it’s not over yet.

Fe for sure and there is some type of S not sure if Se or Si.

Ok so definitely look it up because based on your wording and vocabulary use I would think Ni, but based on what you said and traits I found I am thinking ISFJ. INFJ is possible so if ISFJ sounds wrong check that out. I could be wrong but I will go with ISFJ, let me know what you think and remember only you know you.

·
Registered
ISFP
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys!

Well, I definitely see strong Fe but I'm almost sure I'm not an ISFJ for many reasons. Correct me if I'm wrong about my following statements:

1. I don't see strong Si. My father is an ISTJ - he tells you the same stories over and over again, he sees every single detail (changes as well) and is a bit obsessed with security (my aunt is even worse, my family is full of strong Si users).
2. I don't see weak Ne. I read a lot about it and it says that inferior Ne manifests as a fear of the future and I can't really relate to that. In fact, I'm mostly more optimistic about the future than the present. The funny thing is that I've been posting "type me" posts on reddit often in the past months and the majority of users thought I'm a Ne dom.

This typing thing is just hard. I know that only I can figure out my type but I also figured out that it depends on the "Type me" test I take. I recently posted one on reddit - someone thought I'm either ESFP with well-developed Ni or even an ENTJ (I'm sure both isn't right). I read a lot about the inferior functions, the PoLr functions and how they manifest - honestly? Nothing seems to fit. I know that we don't see our dominant or inferior function because this is what we always do but which is why you could be right about Fe auxiliary beause I favor this function a lot.
I somehow "feel" ENFJ - I don't know why but there is something I really like about ExFJs that makes me feel connected to the type itself. Probably because I see strong Ti-tendencies: I often doubt myself, I like to work with others just to hate them for no reason a few days later and I often make wrong assumptions about something as well as I don't understand simple data/thinking processes. Like, yesterday my books (I'm an author) sold less and I immidiately got scared that I will end up unemployed, it feels like I don't have trust in past positive experiences (wrong assumption). About the process thing: I often have to re-watch parts of movies (even comedy) because I often don't get simple dialogues. Sure, I often get distracted but sometimes I just watch it and I'm like "what the hell are they talking about?" this happens in almost every single movie I watch. It's like I can't process information and it often happens that someone has to explain something to me more than once.

I just leave the reddit questionaire here - I think the one here is done fast and simple but it doesn't cover up many aspects. Maybe you guys could read through it quick? Maybe to confirm ISFJ?
Reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/MbtiTypeMe/comments/hopbo8

·
Registered
ISFP
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BTW I don't know why but I read question 6 wrong. I (for whatever reason) thought it is about group projects. Correction: When I work on a project, I try to get it done but I want to have a comfortable process as well. I realized that doing too much at once makes me easily stressed, so I take myself more time but I do know what I want as outcome. When I start wrting a book I know everything up front - how many pages, cover, name, what I have to do for marketing etc. I can imagine that very well.

·
Registered
ISFP
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
About what my ideal life looks like: I have a big goal in mind which is to keep speaking and communication alive. I'm a rhetoric coach and yesterday I talked with a friend about my goals. Funny thing about it was that he expected me to mention numbers (how many subscribers, how much money etc.) but to me it is just important to follow this ideal. You should know that speaking and rhetoric got some bad reputation in Germany because of our Nazi past and I see it is my duty to convince people that the language itself is something beautiful. What I have in mind could be another Fe thing because I see potential to talk to each other on a way everyone will be in peace with others.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thank you guys!

Well, I definitely see strong Fe but I'm almost sure I'm not an ISFJ for many reasons. Correct me if I'm wrong about my following statements:

1. I don't see strong Si. My father is an ISTJ - he tells you the same stories over and over again, he sees every single detail (changes as well) and is a bit obsessed with security (my aunt is even worse, my family is full of strong Si users).
2. I don't see weak Ne. I read a lot about it and it says that inferior Ne manifests as a fear of the future and I can't really relate to that. In fact, I'm mostly more optimistic about the future than the present. The funny thing is that I've been posting "type me" posts on reddit often in the past months and the majority of users thought I'm a Ne dom.

This typing thing is just hard. I know that only I can figure out my type but I also figured out that it depends on the "Type me" test I take. I recently posted one on reddit - someone thought I'm either ESFP with well-developed Ni or even an ENTJ (I'm sure both isn't right). I read a lot about the inferior functions, the PoLr functions and how they manifest - honestly? Nothing seems to fit. I know that we don't see our dominant or inferior function because this is what we always do but which is why you could be right about Fe auxiliary beause I favor this function a lot.
I somehow "feel" ENFJ - I don't know why but there is something I really like about ExFJs that makes me feel connected to the type itself. Probably because I see strong Ti-tendencies: I often doubt myself, I like to work with others just to hate them for no reason a few days later and I often make wrong assumptions about something as well as I don't understand simple data/thinking processes. Like, yesterday my books (I'm an author) sold less and I immidiately got scared that I will end up unemployed, it feels like I don't have trust in past positive experiences (wrong assumption). About the process thing: I often have to re-watch parts of movies (even comedy) because I often don't get simple dialogues. Sure, I often get distracted but sometimes I just watch it and I'm like "what the hell are they talking about?" this happens in almost every single movie I watch. It's like I can't process information and it often happens that someone has to explain something to me more than once.

I just leave the reddit questionaire here - I think the one here is done fast and simple but it doesn't cover up many aspects. Maybe you guys could read through it quick? Maybe to confirm ISFJ?
Reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/MbtiTypeMe/comments/hopbo8
Well if you think you are not then you probably aren’t an ISFJ, but I will say that ISFJs are not actually afraid of the future at all. They are actually some of the most optimistic types I know. They are however not a big fan of leaving their comfort zone and changing. I think the security thing with your dad and is a Te thing as well not Si. When you mention the repeat of stories I don’t know what that is but I don’t think it is a function thing. Could be wrong. I will check the other questionnaire. You might not be ISFJ but you should look it up because nothing you said is an actual ISFJ trait from what I am aware of but if it still doesn’t sound like you then check INFJ.

·
Registered
ISFP
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will do more research. I'm not afraid of leaving my comfort zone, in fact I need change here in there, even if that means I only make changes within the routines I follow.
Again, I'm sure I'm not INFJ but I probably need to read more about MBTI and the cognitive functions.

·
Registered
INTJ
293 Posts
You are for sure something with Fe. And I know for sure you arent Ni so you dont really have many other options other than ESFJ and ISFJ. All your reasons you aren't Si are based on your personal ideas of what the stereotype is and how you arent that and then also reddit which is like the stupidest place on the internet. Also you are sure you arent INFJ. The only types with Fe in the top 2 are ESFJ, ENFJ, INFJ, and ISFJ.

·
Registered
ISFP
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree with you on Fe and Ni. Sure, what I mentioned about Si might sound like steretypes but isn't it true that inferior Ne users are traditionalists how dislike change and are afraid of the future? My problem is that not function stack seems to "work" - I'm often convinced that I finally found my type but then when I check the inferior function and the PoLR function things don't seem to fit.
One thing that might caused this "problem" are the books I read about personal growth - sure they're a good thing as they helped me to develope all (or at least some) functions well but at the same time they make typing harder. One example is Ni: To some people on reddit (I know, I know...) i might appear as a visionary person but all the plans for the future as well as my idealistic goal are a product of books such as "The Big Five for Life" that made me think about these things. When I started my business I went to my former boss and told him right away that I'm out without even thinking about the future.or what I'm going to do. This is the main reason I don't see Ni in myself.
There are two questions that go through my mind:
1. What is Si? I don't get the decriptions on the internet.
2. How can I type myself when the books I read have such an impact on my life? Some differences I see: I was lazier, less organised, more materialistic (I loved to dress well but books about financial freedom changed that), my only hobbys were video games, sports and going out with friends, I questioned less, I was more bossy and confronted people more easily. When I look back I actually see strong Te tendencies because only one year ago I was often like "The law says it therefore it is right" but all these books about philosophy changed that and I suddenly question everything. How can I know my type when external information from books bias me so much?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I agree with you on Fe and Ni. Sure, what I mentioned about Si might sound like steretypes but isn't it true that inferior Ne users are traditionalists how dislike change and are afraid of the future? My problem is that not function stack seems to "work" - I'm often convinced that I finally found my type but then when I check the inferior function and the PoLR function things don't seem to fit.
One thing that might caused this "problem" are the books I read about personal growth - sure they're a good thing as they helped me to develope all (or at least some) functions well but at the same time they make typing harder. One example is Ni: To some people on reddit (I know, I know...) i might appear as a visionary person but all the plans for the future as well as my idealistic goal are a product of books such as "The Big Five for Life" that made me think about these things. When I started my business I went to my former boss and told him right away that I'm out without even thinking about the future.or what I'm going to do. This is the main reason I don't see Ni in myself.
There are two questions that go through my mind:
1. What is Si? I don't get the decriptions on the internet.
2. How can I type myself when the books I read have such an impact on my life? Some differences I see: I was lazier, less organised, more materialistic (I loved to dress well but books about financial freedom changed that), my only hobbys were video games, sports and going out with friends, I questioned less, I was more bossy and confronted people more easily. When I look back I actually see strong Te tendencies because only one year ago I was often like "The law says it therefore it is right" but all these books about philosophy changed that and I suddenly question everything. How can I know my type when external information from books bias me so much?
The truth is you can only know but I found a video that explains the axis of the perceiving functions pretty well you should check out.

Everyone can have personal growth as well. I do think the S types get stereotypes way to much because every person has the inferior function. Even though Si is seen as anti change it usually involves the real world and it doesn’t mean fear of the future(at least for ISFJ) it has to do with personal comfort most of the time. But yes there are exceptions. The truth is the world doesn’t fit neatly into each type but the function uses honestly get close enough where they do. Check out the video and let me know what you think because it might give you a better idea.

·
Registered
ISFP
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This video is amazing, thank you! Ever since I figured out that feeling/think is all about how we make decisions this got easier and now I know that S/N is all about how we gather information.
Ok, I got one example, it is the most recent one and happened only 10 minutes ago. I think it is best to give you the most current example as I can re-call it easily: I watched a live music video of the band Motörhead - at the beginning of the video the singer says "This is a another new song, it is called "In the name of tragedy"" - tne crowd wasn't that loud after the singer announced the song and he made a surprising face. When I saw that face I thought "He is probably surprised about the reaction and expected more noise".
Is this Se-Ni/Ni-Se or Si-Ne/Ne-Si? In general I often catch myself making these "probably" statements - a few days ago I even posted something on reddit about that because these assumptions of mine are often wrong and I thought it might has to do with inferior Ti (for whatever reason, saying this could be another wrong assumption haha). What do you think?

·
Registered
129 Posts
This video is amazing, thank you! Ever since I figured out that feeling/think is all about how we make decisions this got easier and now I know that S/N is all about how we gather information.
Ok, I got one example, it is the most recent one and happened only 10 minutes ago. I think it is best to give you the most current example as I can re-call it easily: I watched a live music video of the band Motörhead - at the beginning of the video the singer says "This is a another new song, it is called "In the name of tragedy"" - tne crowd wasn't that loud after the singer announced the song and he made a surprising face. When I saw that face I thought "He is probably surprised about the reaction and expected more noise".
Is this Se-Ni/Ni-Se or Si-Ne/Ne-Si? In general I often catch myself making these "probably" statements - a few days ago I even posted something on reddit about that because these assumptions of mine are often wrong and I thought it might has to do with inferior Ti (for whatever reason, saying this could be another wrong assumption haha). What do you think?
I am not really sure to be honest I think in the end it is up to you to decide, but your example sounds more like Ne-Si, but that could be wrong I really don’t know. Glad the video was helpful.

·
Registered
ISFP
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was just outside with my dad and dog and I watched our behavior. Knowing that S/N is all about gathering really helps. I realized two things:
1. My father is definitely a Si-dom, he always comes up with memories when he sees something.
2. When I see something I describe it with the word "how" - like: "it's ridiculous how" or "it's nice how" and then I make a statement.
One example to our reactions: My father chose a different parking spot than the one he usually takes, my reaction was "Ah, different spot" and I asked where the way in font of us was going, my father said "my father used to park here often, great times"

This is the last question, I think if we don't find it out by that we won't after that, thanks for your help :)

·
Registered
INTJ
293 Posts
Si suffers what has to be the worst stereotyping of all the types. By a large margin Si gets describe as this old boring and traditionalist dad who has zero imagination about the world (ISTJ). Like that's one version of it but clearly a huge percentage of the population is Si and I would venture to guess it isn't all just hyper conservative parents from flyover states who stare at corn for a living.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts