Personality Cafe banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, I'm new here. I was discussing with a person that says he is INFJ elsewhere. He said that he doesn't believe I was typed correctly, and I have believe I am INFJ. Honestly I don't think the other person was typed correctly, but I can't quite get through to him, so I'm here and I would like you guys to type me based off of what I say about myself.

I am extremely isolated to start with. I used to play on my PC when I was younger quite often, and I believe it contributed to this. When I do talk to people, I'll be neutral with them at first, but when I know them better I get very nice. If I am uninterested in a subject we are discussing I am very monotonous at times, and sort of push away the conversation without even meaning to, because I have a hard time holding the conversation. When I am interested (for example personalities and the cognitive functions), I can talk on and on forever until I burn out, then I stop talking suddenly and have a disgusted feeling inside me when I try to talk in this state... Not sure if anyone can relate. I have been told numerous times how I am speaking too quietly and they can't hear me. I guess this is a mix of not having enough energy to project my voice, and also not wanting others to hear my conversation and intrude. I am a very non-intrusive person. I love theories and understanding them, and I have even tried to learn about Einstein and his theories to understand them, and it actually isn't too hard for me at all. When I was young, and still now, I have been relatively good at writing poetry, creating stories, and drawing. I even always given a very high grade on every essay I turn in at school. I am 16 by the way, actually 17 as of tomorrow. I am very loyal to my boss at work, and I do what he says. If for some reason I dislike someone though, I can be very rebellious, but without any conflict. I have stage fright, fear of heights, and social anxiety... These may or may not be relative to my personality. I am always thinking of the future and am SO disconnected with the moment. I always think of what I'm going to do either moments from now or in the distant future. I sometimes dwell in the past, but not very far in the past usually, and regret saying the wrong things in conversations or whatever... This may be part of social anxiety. I am very intuitive about people and like to try to analyze EVERY person I meet, lol. I am constantly trying to figure out peoples' motives, feelings, and what they think of me. I have heard this is a INFJ thing. I am extremely creative according to others, and I guess I'd like to say so as well. I do like to debate, but only as long as I know what I'm talking about of course. I always put stuff back exactly in the same place every day in my house, this may be a form of OCD. I always come up with ideas in my head, but I jump to conclusions and then try to explain to myself what I'm talking about, even though I already know... Pretty weird. I always want to buy the top quality items rather than settling for the lesser ones when I buy something. I am extremely perfectionistic when it comes to artistic things or things I feel should look good, but otherwise I'm efficient in every thing I do lol. I also have a problem that whenever I move away even from my best friends, I don't really stay in touch or even try to stay in touch with them... I just let them go. Anyways, there you go. Can you type me? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Happy Birthday! :) I would guess either INFJ or INTP
Thank you! And yeah, for a while I thought I could be INTP, but I heard they are scatterbrained and I'm not. On top of that I can be effected emotionally from criticism quite easily at times.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Thank you! And yeah, for a while I thought I could be INTP, but I heard they are scatterbrained and I'm not. On top of that I can be effected emotionally from criticism quite easily at times.
You're welcome! Ok, good to know. Then I would cross off strong Ne types for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Okay finally doing it.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I honestly don't really feel much emotion except on rare occasions like criticizing me on something I worked hard on... Or criticizing me as a person.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I really want to achieve something great. I want to change the world in a positive way, and I want to teach the world something unknown to them. I want to be considered highly intelligent, and I wish I could be recognized.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I was told that I was a "genius" before by several classmates because of my talent in writing in English class.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Just the fact that I have social anxiety and I'm not very outgoing can make me feel inferior. But also when I see someone who is much more intelligent than me.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I would say all of the above about equally.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I definitely would like to make it as perfect as possible so that other people can think of it as art, or beautiful.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I had an extreme amount of fun on a cruise with my family. I felt free, and I loved just looking out at the water and feeling at peace. I loved the food as well, and eating with my family and feeling "fancy" was great.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I like to theorize the most out of these three, but then I guess memorize, then hands on.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

I'm pretty organized. My room is always clean, and I always put everything away in the same place where I got it. I'm always on time to work, and my boss compliments me for that. I always schedule and plan things out as well.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I would definitely say the principles behind it and then I judge to see if it makes sense.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Honestly I think I do both of these, it really depends if these people are my friends or family, or even people I know or not.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

Definitely think before saying, but sometimes the reverse. I hate group discussions, I'm very uncomfortable in them, I'd say one on one.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

Know where I'm jumping for sure.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

I'd probably say that I already have plans, sorry. I really don't like to change my plans after I've made them.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I can rush through things and get a bit defensive at times, and possibly emotional.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Selfishness and Disrespect. I just hate when people only think about themselves and treat others like shit.
Just going to leave that there ^

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Psychology and the personalities, and my theories.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?

Probably my own emotions.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

Quiet and intelligent. I don't think I'm as smart as they say I am. They would never say I'm outgoing.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Going on a cruise, traveling, listening to music, playing games, and the impossible things; flying through space, exploring the vast ocean, flying through the clouds, etc. Definitely mostly things by myself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts