Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Main Questions

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?

What drives me is the goal of supporting myself. I want to be out on my own, relying only on me.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
I hope to write all the stories I have ideas for and be moderately successful doing whatever it is I end up doing. I actually don't want to be filthy rich. I just want to be able to comfortably live and experience the things I want to.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
I will not be controlling or hard-nosed. Freedom and the ability to choose for myself are so important to me, and I can't see (won't see) myself taking those away from other people.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
Being debilitated. Mentally or physically. There's so much I want to do and see! I would hate beyond all things not actually being able to do something because of disability.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
I don't think much about what others think of me. I see myself as a pretty decent person, all around. I just don't care what others think of me.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
I feel my best when I'm doing something: in the midst of a verbal sparring match with a best friend, telling a joke, fighting at taekwondo. What makes me feel my worst... having to shut down. When I'm overwhelemed or people are getting on my case I like retreat into my head. I stop enjoying things that I usually do.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
a) Very, very rarely. When I do get mad I try to get myself out of the situation because I know I need to cool down so I can reason with whoever I'm mad at.
b) haven't...
c) Like I said, I retreat into my head. I also tend to lose myself working out. I don't know if it makes any sense, but I'll go hit a punching bag or do situps until I feel better. I still have the anxiety, but, idk, it's not as important anymore.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
a) same as c above
b) I roll with it. Usually there's nothing I can do to change it, so there's no point in fussing over it.
c) I try to fix it. Around my house I'm the mediator. I try to find common ground.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?
a) If it's earned, I respect it. If not, I'll act like I do to avoid conflict. The people who earned their authority become role models for me, and the people that haven't... I guess I'm like "whatever".
b) I do not like people exerting power over me. I'd much rather be asked than told to do something.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
We're fundementally good. Really. I think humanity in general is very selfish and self-centered, but we're good at the core.

Thanks in advance :D

Reactions: Dark Romantic

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
What drives me is the goal of supporting myself. I want to be out on my own, relying only on me.
This screams 6 to me
I hope to write all the stories I have ideas for and be moderately successful doing whatever it is I end up doing. I actually don't want to be filthy rich. I just want to be able to comfortably live and experience the things I want to.
6 again
I will not be controlling or hard-nosed. Freedom and the ability to choose for myself are so important to me, and I can't see (won't see) myself taking those away from other people.
This sounds a bit like 7
Being debilitated. Mentally or physically. There's so much I want to do and see! I would hate beyond all things not actually being able to do something because of disability.
Type 7 again
I don't think much about what others think of me. I see myself as a pretty decent person, all around. I just don't care what others think of me.
7w8
I feel my best when I'm doing something: in the midst of a verbal sparring match with a best friend, telling a joke, fighting at taekwondo. What makes me feel my worst... having to shut down. When I'm overwhelemed or people are getting on my case I like retreat into my head. I stop enjoying things that I usually do.
7s often feel like they get trapped in a rut when they can't do anything
c) I try to fix it. Around my house I'm the mediator. I try to find common ground.
9ish maybe?

Overall, I think you may be 7w8-9w8-3w2, but take this with a big grain of salt
Typewatch Enneagram: Typewatch Enneagram Type Descriptions for self help

Reactions: JamieBond

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Main Questions

This can apply to multiple types, for varying reasons: what is it you would dislike or fear most about having someone else support you?

Hm... it's suggestive of either 7, or 9, but 9 more strongly. It does seem to suggest a self-pres variant, though.

This can apply to several types; 6, 7w6, and 9 are the ones that come to mind most of all. If you found yourself in a situation where you had to control others, what would it look like? What about a situation where you'd find yourself having to be tough-minded?

Haha, I hear ya! I think this is a sentiment common to sevens in general; it seems to stem from a fear of deprivation and a desire for experience in general.

Decent in what ways, though? People have difference concepts of decency, after all. Pure indifference to the opinions of others at least suggests that you're not any of the image-triadic types (2, 3, or 4), BUT, we'll see if that holds up. :wink:

Interesting; I'd have to agree with you here. Inactivity makes me restless; I can't help but to do; even when I look like I'm at rest, I'm really just diverting the flurry of activity inwardly. It's not even that I'd have to be physically doing something, but that my mind has to be working on overtime; otherwise, I completely crash and withdraw. This suggests one of the assertive types, most strongly 7.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
a) Very, very rarely. When I do get mad I try to get myself out of the situation because I know I need to cool down so I can reason with whoever I'm mad at.
How does the anger itself make you feel, though? Some people get scared, others (like me) tend to enjoy it to some degree, others feel ashamed, and others like to use it as a spur toward activity. What thought process leads to you believing that you need to cool down, rather than simply expressing it?

c) Like I said, I retreat into my head. I also tend to lose myself working out. I don't know if it makes any sense, but I'll go hit a punching bag or do situps until I feel better. I still have the anxiety, but, idk, it's not as important anymore.
Distracting yourself from anxiety with activities you enjoy is classic seven. Denial works wonders, too. :tongue:

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
b) I roll with it. Usually there's nothing I can do to change it, so there's no point in fussing over it.
Pretty sevenlike: sevens in general are very adaptable, and would rather make things work out instead of wasting time bitching about the circumstances. The acceptance of it is somewhat suggestive of 9 or a 9-fix.

For what reason do you mediate conflicts?

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?
a) If it's earned, I respect it. If not, I'll act like I do to avoid conflict. The people who earned their authority become role models for me, and the people that haven't... I guess I'm like "whatever".
b) I do not like people exerting power over me. I'd much rather be asked than told to do something.
Interesting. What would you think, if you were offered both?

So... I'm tentatively going to say 7w? with a 9 fix: if you answer the questions I asked, it'll go a long way toward determining your type with more accuracy.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

This can apply to multiple types, for varyingreasons: what is it you would dislike or fear most about having someone elsesupport you?
I don't like people having anything to hold over me. If I'm supporting myself,then I'm completely in charge of my actions. There's no "I pay for you todo xyz, so if you don't do abc, I'll take xyz away".

This can apply to several types; 6, 7w6, and 9 are the ones that cometo mind most of all. If you found yourself in a situation where you had tocontrol others, what would it look like? What about a situation where you'dfind yourself having to be tough-minded?
When I end up being in charge, I always try to find someone to share theresponsibility. That person usually ends up being the vocal, out there one, andI'll be working with individual people, getting their individual cooperationinstead of group cooperation, if that makes any sense. I can make decisionspretty snappy though.

Decent in what ways, though? People have difference concepts ofdecency, after all. Pure indifference to the opinions of others at leastsuggests that you're not any of the image-triadic types (2, 3, or 4), BUT,we'll see if that holds up. :wink:

Decent in the sense that if my past was laidbare for all to see, I wouldn’t be too embarrassed. I’m haven’t broken the law,haven’t done anything morally wrong… by my standards.

How does the anger itself make you feel, though? Some people getscared, others (like me) tend to enjoy it to some degree, others feel ashamed,and others like to use it as a spur toward activity. What thought process leadsto you believing that you need to cool down, rather than simply expressing it?
Anger makes me frustrated!! lol. I don’t like dealing with it because it makesme irrational. When I get angry my Fe rears its ugly head and it all goes downhill.

For what reason do you mediate conflicts?

People arguing makes me uncomfortable. I figureI can see both sides of the story more objectively than they can, and I try tohelp them reach a compromise. It just makes me generally uncomfortable whenpeople display large quantities of ANY emotion, and when people fight, usuallythey don’t fight with their thinking skills.

Interesting. What would you think, if you were offered both?

I don’t like being given authority! At all. I’dso much rather be the “sidekick” for lack of a better word. The behind thescenes person. In other words, I’d accept the authority and the power if itdidn’t come with the necessity of telling people what to do all the time. -.^ Imake no sense, even to myself...

Reactions: Dark Romantic

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
I'm getting a better picture now, thanks. I'd say that you're a core 7... the wing doesn't show itself too clearly, but I'd guess at 7w8 (having a 9 fix will soften the overall influence of the 8-wing). I'd look into Sp/Sx as your variant. Follow these links for some more info, they'll definitely help you out.

Typewatch Enneagram Descriptions

Type 7 Description

Type 7 Variant Descriptions

1 - 5 of 5 Posts