Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get very different types so I was hoping someone could help me figure out!

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I always had a lot of indecision concerning my career, specially because I LOVED all subjects at school, all kinds of knowledge were fascinating to me. I thought of engineering and being an academic researcher, but then I realize I want to be out there changing things and making the world a better place. The reason is because right now there is a lot of injustice, suffering and oppression, and people should have the basic right of living without those things.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
That’s a difficult question. But I guess I take a lot of pride in my intelligence and creativity, so I am at my finest when I can think really quickly, make good analysis, solve stuff that no one else can, and also create original things and that make people astonished at my imagination and freaking complex inner world.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
When I am in a group of people I usually feel inferior. That’s because I am not really good at being part of group conversations and I feel observed and humiliated (at my lack of social skills).

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
Depends on the kind of decision. I usually make decisions concerning my life in a very systematic way, pros and cons, exploring all the possible outcomes to decide which course of action is better. But when it comes to things that affect the group I always think of how people are going to feel about it, I hate to upset others.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I start by gathering information and deciding the goals, then I fill in every step that I need to do in order to get there. Then I have to follow up the plan, which I don’t always do because I keep reevaluating the reasons for doing something (I overthink everything). My emphasis is always making the best work possible, in that sense trying to conciliate my boss/professor expectation and what I think is the best.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I have a lot of fun when I discover a whole new topic of fascination. I remember my brain expanding itself in infinity and I feel a rush of energy. I also have a lot of fun talking to my close friends (mostly one-to-one conversations). I remember the exact things we were saying, what I was thinking and the connection I felt.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
Reading definitely. I like to read about things and then theorize on them and analyze the new information. I don’t learn nearly as much if someone is teaching me, and I actually wonder why classes in schools exist in the first place (from my pov, I know other people learn better that way etc). After that I join the new information to the huge web of connections in my mind and that’s why I like knowledge so much. It’s the food that I need to fuel my crazy theories and the abstract thinking I love to do.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
There are usually two different things, organization of things and commitments, and organization of projects and time (planning). I suck at the first one as I am very absent-minded and I always lose objects, forget appointments etc. But I am addicted to the second one because I know the course of action I am going to take and I am leading somewhere.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
Both. When I get across something new I go straight to google to gather information about it and see if there are evidences supporting it. Next I get all of this and analyze myself.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

This is a super hard question. I hate it when people are excluded or left alone, so I try to make sure everyone is comfortable and fine (even though I don’t always notice it as I am lost in my own thoughts). At the same time I am not too much of a blender in social groups.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
Definitely think before speaking, or better, think before deciding if going to speak. Most of the time group discussions are completely inefficient, people discuss all kinds of things that are not related and it’s much harder to make everyone follow a single course of logic.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
Definitely know before acting, rather, know about the action before deciding if going to take it or not. Yep, most of the times they do. For instance, in relationships they can say they love me but for me it’s useless if they don’t show it.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favourite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Go out. I don’t like to watch TV anyway lol. Just kidding, go out because I would like to make more friends and it can be fun.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I get very annoyed and rude. Sometimes I get anger attacks. Much more likely to happen if I am tired, hungry or sleepy.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

I don’t like much people that don’t think for themselves, that just follow the group or the rules, or that are superficial, not deep. I also don’t like people that are insensitive or intimidating and don’t take into consideration other people.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
A lot of topics I find fascinating like cultures, languages, political science, books etc. But people are usually not that interested. Even the ones that are complain that sometimes they want to “relax”, talk of a “light” topic, but my mind never goes to that mode because I am always thinking and analyzing.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?
Everyday things, I just suck at them because I am too busy inside my own head developing crazy theories and judging ideas.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?
They usually describe me as shy, lively, intelligent, crazy (unusual), absent-minded, sensitive. One of my friends one day said: “you are a unique blend of very rational and very emotional”. I liked this description a lot.
some people that don't know me well may say I am extroverted, because sometimes I get really energetic, lively, agitated and talkative. They may also say I am very rational (in a cold sense), but that's because they don't know I am actually super sensitive and I feel emotions very intensely.

I hated how in my answers the themes were mostly my inner world, but the questions led me to it. I would focus other sides of myself if the questions were different. I guess the focus was the thought process and the cognition.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I get very different types so I was hoping someone could help me figure out!

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I always had a lot of indecision concerning my career, specially because I LOVED all subjects at school, all kinds of knowledge were fascinating to me. I thought of engineering and being an academic researcher, but then I realize I want to be out there changing things and making the world a better place. The reason is because right now there is a lot of injustice, suffering and oppression, and people should have the basic right of living without those things.
Ne likes to focus on many things at a time and hates to fixate on one.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
That’s a difficult question. But I guess I take a lot of pride in my intelligence and creativity, so I am at my finest when I can think really quickly, make good analysis, solve stuff that no one else can, and also create original things and that make people astonished at my imagination and freaking complex inner world.
N over S preference

4) What makes you feel inferior?
When I am in a group of people I usually feel inferior. That’s because I am not really good at being part of group conversations and I feel observed and humiliated (at my lack of social skills).

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
Depends on the kind of decision. I usually make decisions concerning my life in a very systematic way, pros and cons, exploring all the possible outcomes to decide which course of action is better. But when it comes to things that affect the group I always think of how people are going to feel about it, I hate to upset others.
This is Fe. You could be ENFJ, but I don't see Ni. Clear F over T

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I start by gathering information and deciding the goals, then I fill in every step that I need to do in order to get there. Then I have to follow up the plan, which I don’t always do because I keep reevaluating the reasons for doing something (I overthink everything). My emphasis is always making the best work possible, in that sense trying to conciliate my boss/professor expectation and what I think is the best.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I have a lot of fun when I discover a whole new topic of fascination. I remember my brain expanding itself in infinity and I feel a rush of energy. I also have a lot of fun talking to my close friends (mostly one-to-one conversations). I remember the exact things we were saying, what I was thinking and the connection I felt.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
Reading definitely. I like to read about things and then theorize on them and analyze the new information. I don’t learn nearly as much if someone is teaching me, and I actually wonder why classes in schools exist in the first place (from my pov, I know other people learn better that way etc). After that I join the new information to the huge web of connections in my mind and that’s why I like knowledge so much. It’s the food that I need to fuel my crazy theories and the abstract thinking I love to do.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
There are usually two different things, organization of things and commitments, and organization of projects and time (planning). I suck at the first one as I am very absent-minded and I always lose objects, forget appointments etc. But I am addicted to the second one because I know the course of action I am going to take and I am leading somewhere.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
Both. When I get across something new I go straight to google to gather information about it and see if there are evidences supporting it. Next I get all of this and analyze myself.
Te
11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

This is a super hard question. I hate it when people are excluded or left alone, so I try to make sure everyone is comfortable and fine (even though I don’t always notice it as I am lost in my own thoughts). At the same time I am not too much of a blender in social groups.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
Definitely think before speaking, or better, think before deciding if going to speak. Most of the time group discussions are completely inefficient, people discuss all kinds of things that are not related and it’s much harder to make everyone follow a single course of logic.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
Definitely know before acting, rather, know about the action before deciding if going to take it or not. Yep, most of the times they do. For instance, in relationships they can say they love me but for me it’s useless if they don’t show it.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favourite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Go out. I don’t like to watch TV anyway lol. Just kidding, go out because I would like to make more friends and it can be fun.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I get very annoyed and rude. Sometimes I get anger attacks. Much more likely to happen if I am tired, hungry or sleepy.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

I don’t like much people that don’t think for themselves, that just follow the group or the rules, or that are superficial, not deep. I also don’t like people that are insensitive or intimidating and don’t take into consideration other people.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
A lot of topics I find fascinating like cultures, languages, political science, books etc. But people are usually not that interested. Even the ones that are complain that sometimes they want to “relax”, talk of a “light” topic, but my mind never goes to that mode because I am always thinking and analyzing.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?
Everyday things, I just suck at them because I am too busy inside my own head developing crazy theories and judging ideas.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?
They usually describe me as shy, lively, intelligent, crazy (unusual), absent-minded, sensitive. One of my friends one day said: “you are a unique blend of very rational and very emotional”. I liked this description a lot.
some people that don't know me well may say I am extroverted, because sometimes I get really energetic, lively, agitated and talkative. They may also say I am very rational (in a cold sense), but that's because they don't know I am actually super sensitive and I feel emotions very intensely.

I hated how in my answers the themes were mostly my inner world, but the questions led me to it. I would focus other sides of myself if the questions were different. I guess the focus was the thought process and the cognition.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Look, you could be ENFJ as well as ENFP, but you like to focus on a lot of things instead of one.
it's more like I have broad interests (nearly anything intellectual or that I could analyze, really), but I only focus at one thing at a time, and I get fixated in a particular topic at a time. For instance, I get fixated in rational choice theory, it doesn't mean that I don't like positive psychology anymore, if someone talks to me about it I'll be interested. but rational choice theory is the topic I am obsessed about in that time.

and why do you think I am extroverted?

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
Yup. ENFP. There's huge amount of shy and/or anxious extroverts. NPs especially often think they are introverts for variety of reasons. Extroversion in Jung-related system is defined by orientation of the first function. It does promotes culturally-defined extroversion traits aka "outgoing" but with human psyche there's far more at play.

Here's Ne in ENPs

Such person lives in the flow of potentialities of the external world, by the wholeness of the entire external reality: "everything is great in this world that is best of all worlds." Violation of this harmony evokes an aggressive response from him, for example, home maintenance and repairs become a cause of dissatisfaction and frustration. It can be difficult to debate or negotiate with him because he is, as if, constantly maneuvering while moving through life: "this can be that way, but also another way." Trying to clarify with him the exact terms, for example exact time and place for a meeting, can be an exercise in futility: "First I'll be at so-and-so place, then I will be elsewhere, and likely, if everything will work out in time, I'll be in the area around such-and-such hour." He does not perceive time and place as something that is permanent, as something which can not be moved. All things to him seem very approximate, vague, for the sake of the meeting he feels no need to specify his timing and whereabouts, since this will destroy the harmony and wholeness of his external worldview. If he's already running late for work and you ask him to take the trash since he is already late, this destroys this "wholeness", since it all was "already taken into account" that sometimes he may run late for work, but this "wholeness" of the worldview did not encompass a full bag of trash. These types of people live through original views and ideas on workings of external world and are conservative in that knowledge. They make an impression of being unique - no one knows what will originate in their mind in the next moment. And this love of impermanence they make a standard - it's a typical behavior for them, a constant point of attention. Those who criticize their random flow of idea, they find annoying as they can not defend their arguments, so often they surround themselves with those who agree with them and take a liking to it. They are irritated by people who initiate conflicts and scandals, even when there was a good reason for it. After all, external conflict brings the destruction of the outer harmony and "wholeness" and detracts them from their thoughts. Often like to finish something for others, but do not like to initiate, since this also upsets their sense of external harmony.

Here' Si in ENPs

These sociotypes always move in the direction of places where there is physical comfort and constancy, pleasant sensations, and cannot deny themselves in this. Where they are physically comfortable, such places are good, even if they are very expensive. Love fine food, massage, rubbing. Having found one place where they feel comfortable, such as a restaurant - could go there for dinner across town. Avoid places which lack all of his needed physical facilities. Food lovers, slaves to their preferences and habits. If they have a sweet tooth, will consume sweets by kilograms. Often determines the state of their physical being by the words of others, easily suggestible by this. Sometimes can try to recreate at home the elements of the place where they felt most comfortable physically. Quickly become accustomed to the "good" and this becomes their weakness in the future - without it they cannot endure. Suggestible by authorities on issues of health - if he is told that he needs to have something treated, he will easily believe it. In this context, can fall prey to "snake oil physicians". May forget to eat on time or to take medicine, to sleep, thus are in need of caring parents or spouses.

And in ENFPs specifically

The IEE tends to be chronically unaware of his own bodily processes, including physiological sensations and a sense of balance and alignment with one's true desires. He sometimes has peculiar preferences or tastes, which he himself is unable to understand or fulfill. In terms of physical sensations, an IEE will almost always choose the familiar over the novel, because they know that the familiar is reliable in the positive sensation it delivers. An IEE will typically have a single item he orders at certain restaurants without fail; if he isn't in the mood for that item he doesn't eat there. He will stubbornly refuse to eat anything that he knows he does not like, refusing to try a "new recipe" of anything that he did not like before. The IEE would much rather sleep in his own bed than anywhere else as a matter of familiarity, but this preference never enters his mind when a friend invites him to stay the night, sometimes resulting in a lack of quality sleep that the IEE will forget about the next time around. IEEs almost never emphasizes his attractiveness or sexuality overtly and publicly, but dreams of being pleasing to the senses to at least a small circle of trusted friends and partners who are able to develop and enhance his sexuality and attractiveness in a trusting atmosphere. He often will obsess about his looks in front of the mirror, trying to get the right combination of preparedness and liberated comfort. It is embarrassing to come to an event overdressed, as the IEE would rather look like they simply came on a whim rather than over-prepared. They will usually undermine the time spent in preparation and will avoid speaking on the topic altogether. When getting sick, the IEE may stubbornly refuse or "conveniently forget" to take any sort of medicine. Their chosen method of dealing with sickness and physical discomfort is ignoring it until it can no longer be ignored. An IEE will frequently forget meals and sleep when excitedly working on a new project or in some sort of social gathering. Exhaustion, hunger, thirst, and full bladders will be ignored until the need is overwhelming and affects the IEE's concentration.

Honestly, in the what seems to be an eternal "Who's most introverted extrovert" battle I'd pick ENFP due to Fi usage.

Also for intellectual part. Everyone uses thinking and feeling. EVERYONE. As for ExFPs their tertiary Te pushes them towards highly valuing knowledge and intelligence. Over the months I've noticed that people that "verbally" make the biggest deal out of intellectual pursuits and accumulation of knowledge seem to be almost exclusively EFPs.

Short about Te in ENFPs

The IEE is keen on accumulating factual knowledge on subjects of personal interest and those that help him be more efficient and productive, but he's often unsure of his ability to find and select the correct information and is therefore attracted to people whom he sees as competent in that area and reassure him. He prizes efficiency, and berates himself secretly for his own inefficiency. He takes care to explain the justifications behind his actions. He loves accumulating and sharing trivia to make himself seem educated. IEEs believe firmly that knowledge should be shared freely. Asking an IEE to keep a secret is a burden on him. He can also be a little too trusting of information sources, because spreading falsehood is seen as a foreign and repulsive idea. IEEs love scientific and mathematic concepts, but practical application will soon bore them.
Here's Fe in ExTPs emotional hoes that we are in comparison

For this person it is important that everyone is positively predisposed towards him. He does not like ambiguity in this matter and will strive to clarify the situation: "Lets get this straight - do you respect me or not?" Even small changes can bring about these clarification attempts: different facial expression, gaze, and so on. Often with age he becomes a good psychologists as it allows him to keep up his self-esteem. Fixed on the attitude of certain people and ignores the "public opinion". Very fond of social recognition: honor, glory, respect, diplomas, regalia, etc. For the sake of good relations can even work for free. Can offer to help out of sense of camaraderie. If there is someone in his surrounding who shows negative feelings towards him, it decreases his self-esteem. In active defense, he will try to win the good attitude of this person at any cost, in passive defense, on the contrary, may admit to behaving poorly. If positive relations do not exist, he can try to fix them at any price, or conversely, fall into avoidance upon realizing the impossibility of changing anything. Fond of flattery, is ready to support any opinion as well as come to compromise only to keep the positive predisposition towards himself. If he does not agree with someone, can conduct conversation very diplomatically. Communicating with people of this type one can feel internal tension associated with fear of evoking negative response. Often they will think ten times before saying anything, as if it is an important task. Move up the career ladder often due to their ability to be considerate of others.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yup. ENFP. There's huge amount of shy and/or anxious extroverts. NPs especially often think they are introverts for variety of reasons. Extroversion in Jung-related system is defined by orientation of the first function. It does promotes culturally-defined extroversion traits aka "outgoing" but with human psyche there's far more at play.

it's really interesting to start considering myself as a shy extrovert. I always thought of myself as in introvert. If we use the idea of energy alone/with people it gets really complex. If my energy level is normal, interacting makes me more energized and agitated. If my level of energy is below normal, all I need is time alone. The social cup fills up really quick. It depends on many factors, but interacting with people I am close, it's usually 3 hours before desperately needing time alone. With people I don't know well or on a one-to-one, in 20-30 minutes I want to be left alone, even if the conversation is interesting.

Here's Ne in ENPs

Such person lives in the flow of potentialities of the external world, by the wholeness of the entire external reality: "everything is great in this world that is best of all worlds." Violation of this harmony evokes an aggressive response from him, for example, home maintenance and repairs become a cause of dissatisfaction and frustration. It can be difficult to debate or negotiate with him because he is, as if, constantly maneuvering while moving through life: "this can be that way, but also another way." Trying to clarify with him the exact terms, for example exact time and place for a meeting, can be an exercise in futility: "First I'll be at so-and-so place, then I will be elsewhere, and likely, if everything will work out in time, I'll be in the area around such-and-such hour." He does not perceive time and place as something that is permanent, as something which can not be moved. All things to him seem very approximate, vague, for the sake of the meeting he feels no need to specify his timing and whereabouts, since this will destroy the harmony and wholeness of his external worldview. If he's already running late for work and you ask him to take the trash since he is already late, this destroys this "wholeness", since it all was "already taken into account" that sometimes he may run late for work, but this "wholeness" of the worldview did not encompass a full bag of trash. These types of people live through original views and ideas on workings of external world and are conservative in that knowledge. They make an impression of being unique - no one knows what will originate in their mind in the next moment. And this love of impermanence they make a standard - it's a typical behavior for them, a constant point of attention. Those who criticize their random flow of idea, they find annoying as they can not defend their arguments, so often they surround themselves with those who agree with them and take a liking to it. They are irritated by people who initiate conflicts and scandals, even when there was a good reason for it. After all, external conflict brings the destruction of the outer harmony and "wholeness" and detracts them from their thoughts. Often like to finish something for others, but do not like to initiate, since this also upsets their sense of external harmony.

I didn't understand this thing of wholeness well. It's a weird concept. I have though an order in which I expect to do things, and if someone disturbs it I don't like it. But I can always defend my arguments as they are usually based on evidence. About disruptions, it's exactly the opposite: if someone is initiating a conflict for a good reason, I totally support and admire them

Here' Si in ENPs

These sociotypes always move in the direction of places where there is physical comfort and constancy, pleasant sensations, and cannot deny themselves in this. Where they are physically comfortable, such places are good, even if they are very expensive. Love fine food, massage, rubbing. Having found one place where they feel comfortable, such as a restaurant - could go there for dinner across town. Avoid places which lack all of his needed physical facilities. Food lovers, slaves to their preferences and habits. If they have a sweet tooth, will consume sweets by kilograms. Often determines the state of their physical being by the words of others, easily suggestible by this. Sometimes can try to recreate at home the elements of the place where they felt most comfortable physically. Quickly become accustomed to the "good" and this becomes their weakness in the future - without it they cannot endure. Suggestible by authorities on issues of health - if he is told that he needs to have something treated, he will easily believe it. In this context, can fall prey to "snake oil physicians". May forget to eat on time or to take medicine, to sleep, thus are in need of caring parents or spouses.

I don't mind about these kinds of sensual pleasures at all. I love some kinds of things like smelling books, or touching wood, but not in the way they describe. Also I am not suggestible, quite the opposite, very cynical.

And in ENFPs specifically

The IEE tends to be chronically unaware of his own bodily processes, including physiological sensations and a sense of balance and alignment with one's true desires. He sometimes has peculiar preferences or tastes, which he himself is unable to understand or fulfill. In terms of physical sensations, an IEE will almost always choose the familiar over the novel, because they know that the familiar is reliable in the positive sensation it delivers. An IEE will typically have a single item he orders at certain restaurants without fail; if he isn't in the mood for that item he doesn't eat there. He will stubbornly refuse to eat anything that he knows he does not like, refusing to try a "new recipe" of anything that he did not like before. The IEE would much rather sleep in his own bed than anywhere else as a matter of familiarity, but this preference never enters his mind when a friend invites him to stay the night, sometimes resulting in a lack of quality sleep that the IEE will forget about the next time around. IEEs almost never emphasizes his attractiveness or sexuality overtly and publicly, but dreams of being pleasing to the senses to at least a small circle of trusted friends and partners who are able to develop and enhance his sexuality and attractiveness in a trusting atmosphere. He often will obsess about his looks in front of the mirror, trying to get the right combination of preparedness and liberated comfort. It is embarrassing to come to an event overdressed, as the IEE would rather look like they simply came on a whim rather than over-prepared. They will usually undermine the time spent in preparation and will avoid speaking on the topic altogether. When getting sick, the IEE may stubbornly refuse or "conveniently forget" to take any sort of medicine. Their chosen method of dealing with sickness and physical discomfort is ignoring it until it can no longer be ignored. An IEE will frequently forget meals and sleep when excitedly working on a new project or in some sort of social gathering. Exhaustion, hunger, thirst, and full bladders will be ignored until the need is overwhelming and affects the IEE's concentration.

I like to try new foods and receipes. I don't obsessed in front of the mirror, quite the opposite. I don't like to overdress though, but because I don't like to draw attention. I tend to sit in the same places and order the same foods though

Honestly, in the what seems to be an eternal "Who's most introverted extrovert" battle I'd pick ENFP due to Fi usage.

Also for intellectual part. Everyone uses thinking and feeling. EVERYONE. As for ExFPs their tertiary Te pushes them towards highly valuing knowledge and intelligence. Over the months I've noticed that people that "verbally" make the biggest deal out of intellectual pursuits and accumulation of knowledge seem to be almost exclusively EFPs.

Short about Te in ENFPs

Here's Fe in ExTPs emotional hoes that we are in comparison

For this person it is important that everyone is positively predisposed towards him. He does not like ambiguity in this matter and will strive to clarify the situation: "Lets get this straight - do you respect me or not?" Even small changes can bring about these clarification attempts: different facial expression, gaze, and so on. Often with age he becomes a good psychologists as it allows him to keep up his self-esteem. Fixed on the attitude of certain people and ignores the "public opinion". Very fond of social recognition: honor, glory, respect, diplomas, regalia, etc. For the sake of good relations can even work for free. Can offer to help out of sense of camaraderie. If there is someone in his surrounding who shows negative feelings towards him, it decreases his self-esteem. In active defense, he will try to win the good attitude of this person at any cost, in passive defense, on the contrary, may admit to behaving poorly. If positive relations do not exist, he can try to fix them at any price, or conversely, fall into avoidance upon realizing the impossibility of changing anything. Fond of flattery, is ready to support any opinion as well as come to compromise only to keep the positive predisposition towards himself. If he does not agree with someone, can conduct conversation very diplomatically. Communicating with people of this type one can feel internal tension associated with fear of evoking negative response. Often they will think ten times before saying anything, as if it is an important task. Move up the career ladder often due to their ability to be considerate of others.
some parts were really true, others not really. I get disturbed if someone doesn't like me or criticizes me. However, I am not in need of flattery, I just don't want rejection. And many of those social recognitions I see as dumb.

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
some parts were really true, others not really. I get disturbed if someone doesn't like me or criticizes me. However, I am not in need of flattery, I just don't want rejection. And many of those social recognitions I see as dumb.
You meant for Fe in ETPs? I brought it up to show how Fe behaves in NTPs aka in lower positions vs FJs.

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
For INFPs Fi dom (in case you still think introvert in Jung-related terms)

EIIs are very attuned to the psychological atmosphere of interaction and to their own feelings towards people and things. They treasure deep feelings of attachment and strive to deepen emotional bonds between people and harmonize relationships. When those people that the EII is close to suffer emotionally, the EII will do everything in her power to raise the emotional condition in the individual, often at the EII's expense.

EIIs are very capable of "sizing people up". They rely heavily on their instincts to understand the inner feelings of an individual. They are very empathetic people and find it very easy to feel with others. This makes them very sensitive to the moods of people, and they treat them the way they want to be treated, that is, with respect.

ENFP Fi aka aux

IEEs are naturally sensitive to mood, atmosphere, and feelings. They rarely say or do anything that would worsen people's feelings, preferring instead to distance themselves from people and social situations that produce negative feelings. IEEs are naturally skilled at regulating the degree of emotional intimacy between people, which can mean being businesslike (yet polite) as well as warm and inviting.

When faced with a sad individual, the IEE will usually try to understand what is wrong, and will often try to coax the individual with kind words and actions. The IEE often displays a straight face even when faced with strong negative feelings.

Always on the IEE's mind are the feelings of his or her friends. If the IEE does not know whether an individual is feeling good or ill will, the IEE will prod the individual until he or she displays their attitude.

IEEs are concerned with the opinions and feelings of those around them and try to avoid saying things that would cause arguments and bad feelings. He does this effortlessly. In fact, IEEs will often choose to follow a very open and accepting life philosophy in order to reconcile his own views with those of others.

When interacting with others, IEEs are naturally aware of the flow of emotion present and strive to interpret meanings out of individual emotional states. When they feel they've realized an accurate potentiality of the cause of someone's behavior, IEEs commonly clarify their perceptions to ensure their understanding of another person. To actually aid the person in finding positive potential, however, depends on if the subject is important to the IEE (for example, they determine how close of a friend the person actually is to them).

For IxTPs Fe is more "worrying" and less conscious in inferior position

Tries to find a place where he is treated well by everybody. If someone expresses negative feelings towards him (for example, in a domestic fight his wife says, "I hate you"), then he takes this literally and tries to get out of there immediately and find another place where he is treated better. Therefore, they find it extremely difficult to be in places where they do not know how others are predisposed towards them. Appearance of someone who readily welcomes them is perceived as "the appearance of Christ to the people." Very suggestible when someone tells him about what relations exist between people. He likes positive emotions of other people, becomes as if charged up by them. Moves in overall direction of prevailing positive tone in emotions and avoids places with negative emotional charge. He does not like intrigue and gossip, feels uneasy in such situations since here he can easily fall victim and be put at a disadvantage. Therefore, he is critical of those who are not direct in communication, who speak in private and not openly, is suspicious of this. Relations between people should always be open, honest, and kind. What is said about one's relations should coincide with one's actions, and if not - then something is wrong. Saying that you love a person it should be demonstrated in action as well, and if your words are not visible - then they are not true. Very suspicious about predisposition of others towards him, suspects some kind of conspiracy. Even if suspicions are due to small detail, he either immediately tries to break off relations with a person or to exclude his or her from his inner circle, reducing contact with them to a minimum. Because of this he can considered a defector - if he finds people who treat him better he may ally with them, finding this a substantial enough argument to change sides. May fall victim to sycophancy.

If you still think about introversion it's better to check inferior Si (ENxPs) vs inferior Te (IxFPs) or as an example above inferior Fe in IxTPs.

Reactions: Revolver Ocelot

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
After reading over + later comments I still think ENFP.

Nothing here seemed to really resonate with you

Fe

But you didn't comment on

Te

For this individual knowledge is paramount, a measure of worth: "If there is something I don't know - I'm inferior". Therefore, very often they claim they know how something is done, while in reality not knowing it (often in hopes that they will research it later, and that no one will suspect that they were bluffing). Sometimes, in self-defense, you can hear them say "I don't know", shamefully admitting to their weakness. It is also important for them to have some personal territory, a place where they have the opportunity to be in charge. They love to learn, because acquired knowledge increases their self-esteem. Nothing pleases them more as to receive a high mark on some subject. Such person is very attentive to objective reality: any violation in the order of things stresses him. He likes to reinforce own claims with links to an authoritative sources, statistics and facts, but cannot analyze them in terms of understanding. His vocation: the keeper of factual knowledge. Can't stand any measure of chaos in information, when nothing is clear. In such situations, tries to simplify the information: "Do we have any actual, concrete facts and figures? Lets start with these. " "If there is order in my world - then I am good, if not - then I'm bad." Have a tendency to idealize their "objective" picture of the world and authoritative figures. That is, they view it as what actually exists, even if they are in error and many of their facts are specious. Often become followers of something, of some "order of things" and attempt to implement this order everywhere. Getting promoted to higher position usually recruit "their" people who accept their "order of things" and their actions. Very important concept for them: "If I am the owner, I am the boss in my territory." It does not matter what the size of this territory is: a room or an entire state, as long as their authority has been accepted by everyone. Sometimes this takes a comical shape: a guard of some area considers himself to be in the right to decide whether or not to let you in based on his personal whims. In personal life, this can lead to elevated demands placed on potential partners: it is necessary to fully accept all of their outward actions, but this can be done only up to certain extent. Often they are aware that finding such ideal in principle not possible. Violation of the order of things by their subordinates is a serious offense - have you arrived too late? Thus you destroyed his order. If he is not the boss, then it is important for him to know exactly the extent of his responsibilities, otherwise he may not take up someone else's "order of things." Love to order people around if opportunity presents itself: relatives, subordinates, depending on how far their concept of territory extends itself.

Note that these descriptions include positive and negative aspects on a function in one place or another. Every type can be an "unhealthy" person. So aspects of that are in those "walls of text" as well.

Overall your style of logic looks very Te to me. Don't fall for FPs = hippies stereotype. Te is an objective thinking. As I said Te tertiary is an extreme push for a clear reason and science pursuits. Just as tert Fe for... well people-related avenues. ExTPs do like glory but also enjoy entertaining people hence the ENTP=comedian stereotype. Have you seen John Oliver?

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
I'm throwing a lot of static info because I am tired and should be sleeping and getting lazy with explanations now. Sorry about that :frustrating:

·
Registered
159 Posts
@linatet I have some questions for you. Please elaborate in your answers.

Tell us more about not wanting to upset others.

What is it that bothers you when people are excluded or left alone?

Why is it important to make everyone follow a single course of logic?

Tell us about your personal values.

Do you make decisions easily or do you prefer to put them off as long as possible?

You have been given the 'Most valuable person on earth' award by the United Nations. What did you do to deserve this honour?

Which statement do you identify with? You gain energy by being around other people and lose it when you are alone, or you lose energy when around other people and gain it back when you are alone.

Do you like deciding things early on or do you prefer to put off making decisions for as long as possible?

You are at a social gathering where you notice that one of the people is acting out, and another is looking depressed. What is your impression of the situation? Do you feel the need to do anything? Why or why not?

How strongly do your personal values affect your decisions?

·
Registered
656 Posts
May I ask you why ENFP?
-#2 is showing lots of Ne. Wanting to go out there and change things and make the world a better place is Fi. Wanting to fight injustice, suffering, and oppression and believing people should not have to deal with those things is Fi.

-#3, creativity, thinking quickly, solving stuff no one else can, creating original things, and astonishing people with imagination is Ne. Complex inner world is Fi.

-#5, exploring possible outcomes is Ne. Not wanting to upset others is Fi.

-#6, not following up is Ne and over-analyzing is a Ne/Fi trait (or maybe just Ne). I wonder if Ne/Ti overanalyzes too? Not sure!

-#7 sounds like Ne. The contagious enthusiasm ENFP and ENTP are known for comes from Ne seeing all the possibilities, I think.

-#8 sounds like Ne.

The rest of your answers sounds like Ne + Fi. Now why do I think you're an extrovert? Because all your attention is focused on the outside world rather than on your subjective impressions of the outside. That, plus you so very obviously lead with Ne.

Would you describe yourself as a 'free spirit'? ENFP is probably the free spirit of MBTI, IMO. They are also very independent and don't like to be tied down to any one thing.

You seem like a very obvious ENFP.

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
To add to @Revolver Ocelot

^THAT is strong Te. So objective it hurts my artificial soul. :mellow:

@linatet in addition for what Cat-In-Hat said, your love for reason is too prioritized and obvious for Te inferior. Desire to do something with the ideas is actually a Te push. Yes, ENFPs have more motivation to be "the doers" than ENTPs.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
For INFPs Fi dom (in case you still think introvert in Jung-related terms)

EIIs are very attuned to the psychological atmosphere of interaction and to their own feelings towards people and things. They treasure deep feelings of attachment and strive to deepen emotional bonds between people and harmonize relationships. When those people that the EII is close to suffer emotionally, the EII will do everything in her power to raise the emotional condition in the individual, often at the EII's expense.

EIIs are very capable of "sizing people up". They rely heavily on their instincts to understand the inner feelings of an individual. They are very empathetic people and find it very easy to feel with others. This makes them very sensitive to the moods of people, and they treat them the way they want to be treated, that is, with respect.

This is all true!! Really spot on

ENFP Fi aka aux

IEEs are naturally sensitive to mood, atmosphere, and feelings. They rarely say or do anything that would worsen people's feelings, preferring instead to distance themselves from people and social situations that produce negative feelings. IEEs are naturally skilled at regulating the degree of emotional intimacy between people, which can mean being businesslike (yet polite) as well as warm and inviting.

When faced with a sad individual, the IEE will usually try to understand what is wrong, and will often try to coax the individual with kind words and actions. The IEE often displays a straight face even when faced with strong negative feelings.

Always on the IEE's mind are the feelings of his or her friends. If the IEE does not know whether an individual is feeling good or ill will, the IEE will prod the individual until he or she displays their attitude.

IEEs are concerned with the opinions and feelings of those around them and try to avoid saying things that would cause arguments and bad feelings. He does this effortlessly. In fact, IEEs will often choose to follow a very open and accepting life philosophy in order to reconcile his own views with those of others.

When interacting with others, IEEs are naturally aware of the flow of emotion present and strive to interpret meanings out of individual emotional states. When they feel they've realized an accurate potentiality of the cause of someone's behavior, IEEs commonly clarify their perceptions to ensure their understanding of another person. To actually aid the person in finding positive potential, however, depends on if the subject is important to the IEE (for example, they determine how close of a friend the person actually is to them).

also true, but in this case there seems to be a focus on the interaction with the person. For me it's more like I feel what the person is feeling but I am terrible at conforting them, usually because I am overwhelmed by the feeling too.

For IxTPs Fe is more "worrying" and less conscious in inferior position

Tries to find a place where he is treated well by everybody. If someone expresses negative feelings towards him (for example, in a domestic fight his wife says, "I hate you"), then he takes this literally and tries to get out of there immediately and find another place where he is treated better. Therefore, they find it extremely difficult to be in places where they do not know how others are predisposed towards them. Appearance of someone who readily welcomes them is perceived as "the appearance of Christ to the people." Very suggestible when someone tells him about what relations exist between people. He likes positive emotions of other people, becomes as if charged up by them. Moves in overall direction of prevailing positive tone in emotions and avoids places with negative emotional charge. He does not like intrigue and gossip, feels uneasy in such situations since here he can easily fall victim and be put at a disadvantage. Therefore, he is critical of those who are not direct in communication, who speak in private and not openly, is suspicious of this. Relations between people should always be open, honest, and kind. What is said about one's relations should coincide with one's actions, and if not - then something is wrong. Saying that you love a person it should be demonstrated in action as well, and if your words are not visible - then they are not true. Very suspicious about predisposition of others towards him, suspects some kind of conspiracy. Even if suspicions are due to small detail, he either immediately tries to break off relations with a person or to exclude his or her from his inner circle, reducing contact with them to a minimum. Because of this he can considered a defector - if he finds people who treat him better he may ally with them, finding this a substantial enough argument to change sides. May fall victim to sycophancy.

Not true, I would not break relations with people like that. Specially if they are part of my inner circle. It takes me so long to show myself as I am super reserved in that sense, and if I come to trust someone and open up to them I create a really deep bond. That's why I have few friends but they have been my friends for 6-12 years (I am 20)

If you still think about introversion it's better to check inferior Si (ENxPs) vs inferior Te (IxFPs) or as an example above inferior Fe in IxTPs.
I bolded the parts that are my comments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
After reading over + later comments I still think ENFP.

Nothing here seemed to really resonate with you

Fe

But you didn't comment on

Te

For this individual knowledge is paramount, a measure of worth: "If there is something I don't know - I'm inferior". Therefore, very often they claim they know how something is done, while in reality not knowing it (often in hopes that they will research it later, and that no one will suspect that they were bluffing). Sometimes, in self-defense, you can hear them say "I don't know", shamefully admitting to their weakness. It is also important for them to have some personal territory, a place where they have the opportunity to be in charge. They love to learn, because acquired knowledge increases their self-esteem. Nothing pleases them more as to receive a high mark on some subject. Such person is very attentive to objective reality: any violation in the order of things stresses him. He likes to reinforce own claims with links to an authoritative sources, statistics and facts, but cannot analyze them in terms of understanding. His vocation: the keeper of factual knowledge. Can't stand any measure of chaos in information, when nothing is clear. In such situations, tries to simplify the information: "Do we have any actual, concrete facts and figures? Lets start with these. " "If there is order in my world - then I am good, if not - then I'm bad." Have a tendency to idealize their "objective" picture of the world and authoritative figures. That is, they view it as what actually exists, even if they are in error and many of their facts are specious. Often become followers of something, of some "order of things" and attempt to implement this order everywhere. Getting promoted to higher position usually recruit "their" people who accept their "order of things" and their actions. Very important concept for them: "If I am the owner, I am the boss in my territory." It does not matter what the size of this territory is: a room or an entire state, as long as their authority has been accepted by everyone. Sometimes this takes a comical shape: a guard of some area considers himself to be in the right to decide whether or not to let you in based on his personal whims. In personal life, this can lead to elevated demands placed on potential partners: it is necessary to fully accept all of their outward actions, but this can be done only up to certain extent. Often they are aware that finding such ideal in principle not possible. Violation of the order of things by their subordinates is a serious offense - have you arrived too late? Thus you destroyed his order. If he is not the boss, then it is important for him to know exactly the extent of his responsibilities, otherwise he may not take up someone else's "order of things." Love to order people around if opportunity presents itself: relatives, subordinates, depending on how far their concept of territory extends itself.

Absolutely untrue. Yes, I love knowledge, be the reason is just the opposite. I don't like to say things I am not sure about and I don't collect facts for the sake of it, I don't like knowledge to brag about it but to feed my abstract thinking, which is most of the fun in my life. I don't order people around, just the opposite, I like to stay in my corner.

Note that these descriptions include positive and negative aspects on a function in one place or another. Every type can be an "unhealthy" person. So aspects of that are in those "walls of text" as well.

Overall your style of logic looks very Te to me. Don't fall for FPs = hippies stereotype. Te is an objective thinking. As I said Te tertiary is an extreme push for a clear reason and science pursuits. Just as tert Fe for... well people-related avenues. ExTPs do like glory but also enjoy entertaining people hence the ENTP=comedian stereotype. Have you seen John Oliver?
no, no idea who this is

1 - 20 of 29 Posts