Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Section 1.

Pick any picture you like - tell us about it. Below are two websites to help find one - feel free to choose anything you want, though.

I love winter precisely because it can provide for these kinds of sceneries. By reducing the world to a meager 2-color palette (black and white), winter manages to structurize a very complex and chaotic world into something extremely simple, easy to perceive and understand. Yet, as you look at it, you don't take this elegant simplicity for granted. You perfectly understand that beneath it lies a world of unlimited opportunities and dangers.
I often asked myself the question: does beauty lie in simplicity or complexity? And this picture helped me realize, that beauty in fact lies in complexity that has been masterfully reduced to simplicity. Even when we're not talking about art, but even about people. What attracts, isn't a person who is simple. Not a person who is evidently complicated. But a person who hides his complexity under the mask of elegant simplicity. Transforming himself into a powerful (or maybe intense?) mystery.

Pick a word, any word - brainstorm - whether it's just words that spring to mind, or ideas, or memories, whatever - just brainstorm for a while. No restrictions. Below is a link for a random word, if it helps.

"Sword"
(reason for choosing it is the same as the reason for the picture: a simple elegant tool that has a lot of complex effort and testing put into it)

Write a short story - feel free to freestyle, or use the picture you chose as inspiration, or the results from your brainstorm, or all of the above, doesn't matter. Just write a short story. Below is a link for writing prompt ideas.

I will never waste my time writing just a random short story since I consider it to be useless. But I can give a short description of the story I have been constructing in my mind for many years:

Universe: In Medieval times the Church fought a long and bloody war against anyone who chose to practice magic. However, after the witch-hunt had proven to be fruitless, with no end in sight, the Church had agreed to establish a pact of cooperation with mages who would agree to engage in limited magic practice, without violating the moral codes of society. And now, in our modern contemporary world, thus exists an underground society of mages. Hierarchically it is structured similarly to an aristocracy, with titles such as "mage", "archmage", "grandmage", "magiarch" representing the peerage of the society. These titles are hereditary and require a lot of achievement on behalf of each mage family to attain and hold onto their position. The world of magic, however, isn't as friendly as in most fantasy flicks. Magic is an exceptional power, which remains hidden and has the tendency to be abused. The use of magic is often linked to unusual crimes and murders, or other supernatural events, which the government and the police are incapable of solving. Whenever the crimal use of magic becomes evident, the Church steps in and joins efforts with the Mage Association to conceal evidence from the general public, and hunt down and kill renegade magic users.
Plot: The story revolves around a young female heir to her family's magic legacy, who struggles to maintain the title and honor of her family, as she gets dragged into a political dispute between the Church and the Mage Association. Different members within the power structure of both organisations seek to either influence her actions, frame her, or assassinate her, all to achieve their personal political goals. Her goal is to protect her family's good name, but to achieve that she has to understand her position within all this mess, determine who are her true allies and enemies, survive, and prevent the political dispute from deteriorating into a new war between the Church and the Association.

How did you approach writing your story? Provide as much detail as possible with regards to your writing process.

I want my story to represent my inner world in its entirety. Since I believe that the power of the human spirit and ability is limitless yet extremely rare, dangerous and fragile, magic is a good way of representing that power. Since I like structure, I am also attracted to hierarchical systems, such as the military or the aristocracy. Since I am attracted to mystery and secrecy, the affairs of the characters, their abilities and conflicts must remain secret from the general public, thus driving them into an underground society. Since I'm attracted to politics, the struggle between the Church and the Association has to mimic real-world political power struggles.

Section 2.

Describe your verbal communication skills, your written communication skills, and your body language.
Feel free to go in-depth. If possible, detail your natural communication and body language preferences in various circumstances - with friends, with strangers, at work, in one-on-one situations, in group situations, personal, impersonal, that kind of thing. If anything irritates you about how others communicate, talk about that too.
The more information, the better.

I have often been told to be very eloquent in verbal speech. However, talking comes to me with effort. I always try to choose the perfect sentence structure with the perfect words chosen to describe what I want to convey. This constant search for perfecting my sentences leads to me either responding slowly (as my brain struggles to construct the perfect sentence) or leads to me repeating the same sentence several times but with minor changes to my sentence. For example:

- I can't answer your question because there's not enough time... I cannot answer your question because the time given isn't sufficient.

I always perfect my sentences and words, written and spoken, because I always fear that the person listening (or reading) might jump to conclusions and misunderstand me. So I try to be as clear and precise as possible, so to know that any mistaken actions taken as result to our conversation won't be my fault.
For this tendency to perfect the clarity of my message, my English teacher kept saying that I "should be writing laws." (I'm not a native English speaker)

As for body language, I often use hand gestures, as I feel that the physical movement of my body helps quicken the process of structuring phrases in my mind, or speaking them. This is also why I almost always need to walk when I'm thinking. Physical energy helps set the wheels of thought and speech into motion.

I think the same rules apply to both personal and impersonal communication. I guess the only difference is that the less familiar are the people to whom I speak, the more effort I put into perfecting my speech. People who know me better should be able to read my wave-length, and pick up subtle cues of what I'm saying even without me being as precise as I would be in a more official setting.

What irritates me in other people's speech, is their lack of clarity, lack of precision, and the use of curse words. If the purpose of your speech is to convey a message, then please make that message as efficient and clear as possible.

How do you prefer to make decisions, solve problems and/or puzzles?
Run us through your entire process - use specific examples, if possible - some ideas for your answer -
what questions do you ask yourself, if any? What goes through your mind? What do you take into account? What could alter your decisions? Are you comfortable with making a decision and settling on it? Do you like being able to change your decisions, after you've made them?

This is a difficult question since I myself don't really understand the process of my decision-making. I tend to take way too much time making a decision, and the mental faculties I rely on are numerous and a bit chaotic in order. My goal is to ensure that the decision I make is the correctest and most perfect decision I could make in any specific situation. Because only when my whole mind and body believes in the correctness of that decision, will I be willing to sacrifice everything to firmly defend it. Hence I filter my decisions through the following questions: Is it logical? Does it improve or harm my dignity? Does it have any dangerous far-reaching consequence? Am I willing to take those risks? Does it "feel" right? Does it feel comfortable? Does that decision feel like it really represents "me"? Etc.

The most recent decision I made was to completely destroy my relationship with my uncle and his wife. This decision was long in the making (for about 2 years), as I constantly worried that if I wouldn't have firm-enough grounds for it, I would also fail to stay true to that decision. So I spent 2 years accumulating "for" and "against" points, and trying to balance them out, to determine 1) who is the victim and the aggressor? 2) do I have sufficient resources to take a stand? 3) will I become a worse or a better person if I do take a stand? 4) will I expose myself to any material dangers by taking this stand? 5) is it worth the risks?

Also, yesterday I had the following conversation with my father:
Him: So why were you in that department store this early in the morning?
Me: Just took a stroll to hang out. (I concealed that the reason I was out so early was because I had a fight at my home, and didn't want to tell my dad about it as he would then want to get involved and if he did, the whole situation would become even uglier in the long run)
Him: Haha. I don't believe that. You always plan 2 steps ahead, even before leaving your house. There is nothing in your life that ever "just" happens.

Detail some things that piss you off - stress triggers - feel free to explain the reasons why these things irritate you - I don't want to hear about mild irritations - I want to hear about things that simply make your blood boil, or make you want to take action to alter the situation - things that make you want to leave an environment, things that make you dislike someone, things that truly get to you as a person and grate on every fiber of your being.

When people disrespect me or try to harm my dignity. For example: talking shit about me behind my back, giving me fake compliments, trying to give me praise which I know I don't deserve, insulting my intellect or my interests/hobbies, expressing weakness. To summarize, what gets my blood boiling is when a person acts without dignity, respect; when he shows his weak and/or pathetic side, is unable to control his desire or emotions; is unable to respect personal space and dignity of other people, or in other words, is unable to behave "aristocratically". I'm the type of person who'd likely slap someone with a glove, and request an 18th century duel to the death, to defend my dignity and reputation, even if it kills me.

Detail a time (or times) in your life when you felt at your absolute best - when you didn't feel any kind of anxiety, when you didn't feel judged, when you felt appreciated for who you are, when you felt at your most creative, when you felt like "you".. you get the gist. You at your best, tell us about it.

I don't think I ever had such times. Even if no one else is judging me, I'll be the one judging me. I guess I see such times of feeling "good about myself", as extremely dangerous, because they might make me blind to my flaws and shortcommings. I need to constantly be aware of my weaknesses, because a general cannot win his battles if he's unaware of his army's flaws.

What are the strongest parts of your personality? The best traits about yourself.

Probably my resilience. I am able to sustain a great amount of pressure without it breaking me. Maybe it's because I always, by default, know that some benefit can be extracted even from the most unbeneficial situation. If I sustain material harm, I can extract experience and knowledge from it. If I sustain mental harm, I can extract material benefit from it. Etc. There is no situation in life that can be 100% bad.

What is one specific trait that you value in others, yet simply do not possess yourself - though, if you were to work on it, it would really balance out your personality?

Confidence and will-power to act immediately. People usually say I appear very confident, but that's merely a mask which compensates for my lack of confidence. I want to be the knight on a horse leading the army into battle. But I'm far from it.

What are the differences between how others see you, and how you see yourself?
Feel free to elaborate and explain the reasoning.

I never know how others see me, since being honest and direct was never society's Forte.

Psychologically: I see myself as a very timid, quiet and sensitive person, who at times has enough passion in his heart throw himself into the heat of battle, defend himself and those close to him. I am very stubborn, and many do say that I at times transform into an immovable mountain, or into a tank that's about to crush everything in his way. But these things are merely temporary. To every audacious and uncompromising action in my life I am always driven by the flames of my inner passions, and those flames at times burn so intensely, they change me into an unstoppable machine.

Visually: I put a lot of effort into looking elegant and behaving elegantly. And I have received gazillion compliments for my elegance, from all people I ever encountered in life. I have also been told to be "seductively mysterious" by girls who cling to me from time to time.

Differences:
When people don't know me closely enough, they consider me to be cold, calculative, materialistic, dangerous, unpredictable.
Those who know me closely, know I'm warm just a bit too critical, more spiritual than materialistic, moderately calculative yet at times impulsive and childish, indecisive, still dangeorous and unpredictable however.

Section 3.

What is a perfect day to you?

When I achieve something, make some substantial progress in some direction. No matter what it is.

What is a perfect night to you?

Same as the perfect day I guess?

What is your idea of a perfect world?

There's no such thing as a perfect world.

What is your idea of hell on earth?

Hell is always present on earth, just in different levels of intensity.

Section 4.

Are you, most of the time, acutely aware of the people, things and events occurring in your immediate surroundings?

The directions in which every situation can develop. For example, if I'd be sitting in a classroom, I'd take note of all the people and objects in the room, of the emotional and physical atmosphere, and start coming up with predictions for what could happen if student A looks at student B, student B looks at the teacher, the teacher notices a lack of focus in student B's eyes, takes his pencil and throws it at the student, the pencil stabs the student's eye, etc. These kind of scenarios often tend to go in very ridicilous directions. But I tend to create realistic and unrealistic scenarios, so to never be caught off guard by anything that might transpire.

Do you find yourself engaging in the sounds, colours, textures, scents and tastes of your environment - i.e, enjoying what you are currently experiencing, most of the time?

Rarely. I eat to be fed. I'm too stuck in my head to care about sensory pleasures.

Do you seek common ground, when faced with new situations - thoughts like "this is like _____" or "this is similar to _____" - something that will stabilise the current situation and turn it into something more comfortable for you?

Yes.

Do you find you have a strong sense for how things 'should be', even when faced with something unfamiliar?

Somewhat yes. My intuition tends to be straight on point, but I have the tendency to ignore that feeling, because intuitive insight without clear factual proof isn't worth much. I often pay a price for this however, as I later realize my intuition was correct all along, and I've made a huge mistake by brushing it aside.

Do you actively engage in promoting a harmonious atmosphere - be honest with yourself, this includes being a conflict-averse introvert.

Probably not. I dislike conflict, but I don't see it as my mission to resolve conflicts. So my input into conflict resolution is passively-active, or actively-passive. I prefer to observe first.

Do you actively seek to connect with other people, and do you make use of social niceties in order to interact with people more smoothly - to make them feel validated, accepted, comfortable? - this includes regular use of "please", "thank you", etc.. general social niceties.

Yes. But this depends on the level of familiarity. If I'm talking to close relatives then not. If to friends or acquaintances then quite often.

Do you find yourself not being dependent on agreement and harmony around you, as long as the current situation doesn't impact on your own personal inner balance?
An example of this might be if you are doing something, and people are arguing in the same room - are you able to remain yourself, or will it affect your inner balance in a noticeable way?

It will affect me quite strongly. In fact, I am experiencing this situation as I am writing this response.

Do you try to win others over to your point of view, in debates, arguments or just chit-chat in general?
I.e seeking agreement from the other person. Have a real think about this question, and be honest with yourself.

No. In fact, once the person actually agrees to me, I start feeling a bit off-balance and lost. As my intent was to charge into battle, not sign diplomatic agreements.

You just read that a local vacuum company just went bankrupt.
What your thoughts - feel free to expand and explore your thoughts and ideas as much as you like here. Please don't say "who cares?". Just do it.

Maintaining a business these days is difficult. Economy is shit. Wonder where would it be best for me to seek employment to ensure my future.

Do you comfortably juggle multiple possible options in your mind, when problem solving? Do you find yourself exploring each of them - entertaining any possibilities that may arise from them, and enjoy envisioning scenarios where these might play out?

Probably, but I can't say I enjoy doing it. It's just something I have to do to reach a conclusion.

Do you have a tendency to organise the world around you? Is it important for you to be in an orderly environment?
This might manifest as a preference for predictability - consider these questions on a smaller scale than what might be in your mind - i.e. is it important that the knifes go in the knifes slot, that the Nintendo games go where the Nintendo games go, etc..

Yes.

Do you find you are impatient with regards to efficiency?
Again, consider this also at a smaller scale - for example, do you prefer to rush through whatever chores that need to be done, so they're out the way?

Yes.

Do you find yourself taking over certain tasks because you know you can do it quicker?
This might be as mundane as telling your partner or friend, that you'll do the dishes - because you know they'll take forever and it's just 'better' for you to do it, and smash 'em out ASAP so they're done.

Yes.

Is it important for you to define things in your head?
This might manifest as googling words you've unfamiliar with so you actually know for sure what you're reading, or it might manifest as a preference to completely understand something to the point you can explain it to others in a simplified manner - born out of the precise definitions you've crafted in your mind.

Yes.

Is it of high importance to you, to understand all of the pieces of a puzzle.. or all of the information you're given, before coming to a decision or a conclusion about anything?
This might manifest as a tendency to hesitate when coming to conclusions or decisions as you don't feel you fully defined, or understood, all relevant information yet.

Yes and no. I need to understand every piece to reach a confident conclusion. But I don't have the patience to understand every piece, and thus I settle for the bigger picture instead. But once I realize that the bigger picture isn't enough, I try to dive into details, until I get bored of them, and return to the bigger picture again. The final solution is decided by whether it has a "correct" feeling, after a substantial amount of jumping from piece to bigger picture to piece to bigger picture.

Section 5.

Choose 5 images that strike you as meaningful in some way, from wherever you like, and post them up.
This is for visual typists to go to town on.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Well all of your answers scream that you're an introverted intuitive, and you seem mostly concerned with your own feelings/inner world. I think you're an INFP

·
Banned
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Rouskyrie

I would say overall that your most likely type is either INFP or ESTJ. You seem to favor Te and Si to a great deal, so I imagine that you're an ESTJ in the grip of Fi.
Hm. Thanks for your input. But after a whole year of MBTI and Socionics testing, I had never been identified as a Sensor. My dad often tests as an ESTJ and ISTJ however, but we have very opposing views on the world and process information very differently, which serves as a cause for constant disagreements on everything from how relationships should work, to the purpose of existence, money, the value of experience, etc. We simply live in different realities with him.
An INFP on the other hand is an idealist, but I'm identified by most people as a cynic. Even though I try to adhere to codes of chivalry as much as I can, I have a very fluid/malleable grip of morality, and often argue against moral principles, against ethics, and have fierce clashes with idealists who refuse to see the practical reality at hand. Having a practical solution is still more important for me than having a moral one. (for as long as respect and fairness is maintained)

Same answer to @KillinIt

·
Registered
507 Posts
@Rouskyrie

Hm. Thanks for your input. But after a whole year of MBTI and Socionics testing, I had never been identified as a Sensor. My dad often tests as an ESTJ and ISTJ however, but we have very opposing views on the world and process information very differently, which serves as a cause for constant disagreements on everything from how relationships should work, to the purpose of existence, money, the value of experience, etc. We simply live in different realities with him.
An INFP on the other hand is an idealist, but I'm identified by most people as a cynic. Even though I try to adhere to codes of chivalry as much as I can, I have a very fluid/malleable grip of morality, and often argue against moral principles, against ethics, and have fierce clashes with idealists who refuse to see the practical reality at hand. Having a practical solution is still more important for me than having a moral one. (for as long as respect and fairness is maintained)

Same answer to @KillinIt
I'm not going to push that you're an INFP however I will say that not all INFPs are wonderfully idealistic nor do they necessarily have an excellent grasp of morals.That's more of a stereotypical exaggeration of them, like saying all thinkers are cold and uncaring or that sensors can't understand anything theoretical or intellectual. I'm an ISFP so I'm an Fi dom like an INFP but I'm really not a moral person, I'm more interested in solutions that get the job done and I consider myself a realist. Fi is about your focus on your own self whether that's through ideals, morals, feelings or identity. I think true idealists are few and far between, most people are a blend of things.

May I ask, if you've never identified with either of the XSTJ types nor INFP, what types have you identified with?

·
Banned
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not going to push that you're an INFP however I will say that not all INFPs are wonderfully idealistic nor do they necessarily have an excellent grasp of morals.That's more of a stereotypical exaggeration of them, like saying all thinkers are cold and uncaring or that sensors can't understand anything theoretical or intellectual. I'm an ISFP so I'm an Fi dom like an INFP but I'm really not a moral person, I'm more interested in solutions that get the job done and I consider myself a realist. Fi is about your focus on your own self whether that's through ideals, morals, feelings or identity. I think true idealists are few and far between, most people are a blend of things.

May I ask, if you've never identified with either of the XSTJ types nor INFP, what types have you identified with?
I never said I had never tested or been told to be an INFP. I have never tested to be a Sensor however, but I have been told to be a Sensor in some rare occasions. It's just that through my interaction with several INFPs I came to the conclusion that we have very little in common. And through my interaction with most Sensor types, I came to the conclusion that we're arch enemies.

Based on different tests:
INTJ, INTP, ENTJ, INFP, INFJ, ENTP

Based on people's comments:
INTJ, INTP, ENTJ, ENTP, INFP, ESTJ, ISTJ, ISTP

·
Registered
507 Posts
Based on different tests:
INTJ, INTP, ENTJ, INFP, INFJ, ENTP

Based on people's comments:
INTJ, INTP, ENTJ, ENTP, INFP, ESTJ, ISTJ, ISTP
Okay from those I think we can rule out ISTJ, ESTJ and ISTP because I agree with you, you're definitely not a sensor. You're very interested in your own inner world and ideas which suggests you either use Fi or are an introvert or both, so excluding the E types you're left with INTP, INTJ, INFP and INFJ.

Reading you're answers I think you're a feeler, how much do you relate to INFJ?

·
Banned
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay from those I think we can rule out ISTJ, ESTJ and ISTP because I agree with you, you're definitely not a sensor. You're very interested in your own inner world and ideas which suggests you either use Fi or are an introvert or both, so excluding the E types you're left with INTP, INTJ, INFP and INFJ.

Reading you're answers I think you're a feeler, how much do you relate to INFJ?
I find this question very difficult to answer, but whenever I take a "INTJ vs. INFJ" comparison test, I always end up on the 50/50 fence between the two types. And I struggle a lot to answer the questions, because both options of each question seem very close and relatable to me. By average it tends to be 55% in favor of INTJ and 45% in favor of INFJ. But I would honestly say it's really exactly in the middle.

However, I have seen the INFJ being described as a "mentor" and "protector", and I too have been described in a similar manner in non-MBTI personality tests, and was given these exact same labels by people in real life. My mother thinks I should have become a teacher, my friends see me as a good helper and advisor, acquaintances see me as a teacher or tutor. They even told me that they had dreams in which I appeared as a mage or priest, guiding them out of dangerous or confusing situations.

·
Banned
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I was uncertain in one of the questions for the INTJ test, and decided to give a "softie" answer for once, thus getting 59% in favor of INFJ, but if I were to answer as I do usually, it would be more likely 55% INFJ or 55% INTJ

·
Banned
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took the liberty to compare INTJ and INFJ (Balzac and Esenin) in Socionics, based on the two differentiating functions. And with red color I marked the parts which are very true to my behavior. There seems to be another 50/50 here.

INTJ:

Te as creative function in SLI (ISTp; Jean Gabin) and ILI (INTp; Balzac) - this person very skillfully uses knowledge and facts, applies them creatively, an ideal lecturer, excels at giving instructions (he can, for example, teach skills needed for auto-maintenance). He can creatively and originally manipulate external objects that require hands-on work, assembly and disassembly. Many people of this type, as children loved construction toys. Fixing complicated household items is their favorite hobby, as this, after all, requires active application of objective logic. If such opportunities are not present, he may even deliberately break or deconstruct something and then proceed to fix it. At times, they may use an object not for the purpose that it was intended (e.g. using a microscope to drive nails). Such people are ideal as specialists for modernizing or upgrading anything, especially in the physical sense, as such a person has a keen eye for trends and laws of the objective world and knows how to isolate them and use them well. Sometimes he will move to a place where objective knowledge is scarce, somewhere far from civilization, where he will have a chance to demonstrate his knowledge and skill. He is well versed in the current laws and order, their advantages and disadvantages, and skillfully maneuvers within them. If he is stuck in traffic, he might plot a very original route using roadsides and sidewalks, and feels like a duck in water in this activity. Capable of holding a multitude of facts of the objective world and putting them to use. A very practical person, able to improve and modernize anything in surrounding territory, as to make it better and higher quality, “a jack of all trades.” Such people have a set of rules for themselves, but they are very flexible - some of them can be gleaned over, some of them can be substituted - there is a somewhat manipulative view of these. He might follow one rule in the morning, but in the evening follow a very different rule, simply because the situation has changed. Because of this, it is very difficult to negotiate (do business) with him. If there is a contract, he may at some point cancel it, simply because it is no longer favorable for him. That is, he views rules as something that can be changed at any time upon request of the parties involved. Because of this, it is often difficult to deal with such people in a business capacity, as in the business sphere a contract is a contract, it is not subject to revision every day or week. But here, dealing with him, it must be a contract without penalties in the event of dissolution. It must be established beforehand that it is something impermanent - a temporary solution adopted for some short period of time.

Fi as activating function in SLI (ISTp; Jean Gabin) and ILI (INTp; Balzac) - it is important for him to relate to others around him, to feel good about them, to value and love someone. If they don’t like someone, it also lowers their self-esteem. “I’m bad if I don’t love anybody.” They have two ways out of the situation, either way of a Buddhist - to admit that the world is not perfect and love it for what it is, or to imagine a perfect world and perfect people and love this, but in real life go on without strong feelings. All other options imply self-esteem problems, as in the case of idealization of people close to him, sooner or later he will have to deal with their shortcomings. De-idealization means very negative feelings and a drop of his self-esteem. They need to have opportunities to express their personal attitudes and judgements, talk about what they love, what they are doing. Idealization of the surrounding world is their main problem. It is important for them to have permission to express their attitude frankly. Therefore, they often choose living environment where they are received well, having contact only with it, because here with certainty they can disclose their thoughts. He likes to tell the truth and hopes that it will be perceived adequately, even if it is hurtful. He will say “but I have been honest”. Tries to protect himself from any interference in his internal feelings. Often you can hear from him, “do look into my soul.” Generally like to keep a distance from objects of adoration, since this way it is much easier to not be disappointed. Ideally, he should have an opportunity to periodically spend time away to himself. Can also invest his love into animals or even some kind of mystical entity; this way it is easier to maintain his self-esteem. In a long-term relationship with someone, sooner or later he becomes a moralist, since this is a good way to force someone to conform to his ideals. In passive self-defense will say that all people around him are bastards.

INFJ:

Fe as creative function in SEI (ISFp, Dumas) and IEI (INFp; Esenin) - this person perceives and manipulates the feelings of others very finely, a skilled psychologist. He aims to be liked and sees his own purpose in this. Often likes non-communicative persons who need to be brought into contact, brings them “light”. He is constantly involved in the process of ethical creation, can promise something just for the sake of improving relations with someone. Rarely spends time alone, as wherever there are people he can make favorable impressions and create “good relations”. Knows how to advertise himself and how to create the right mood in a group or in conversation with someone. Loves finding negative relations between people and changing them into positive, bringing people together. When there is no necessity to change anything on his personal front, may deliberately spoil relations so that he can mend them later i.e. find work for his creative function. Can impose his wishes onto others so that they look after them as if they were their own. The wishes and desires of others often become his focus as they allow him to improve relations towards himself. Likes risky, spontaneous relations. Knows how to persuade, ideal salesperson of goods and services if such is his vocation. He is best for elevating moods, for bringing groups together. But the inclination towards intrigues may cost him his position, as the fact that he is able to discreetly pass off “white” as “black” and make it out “unscathed” sooner or later becomes apparent if this happens too often.

Ti as activating function of SEI (ISFp; Dumas) and IEI (INFp; Esenin) - it is very important for such person to understand everything. If you inquire about some difficult question from him, you may hear that he understands it, but only in a very peculiar way. If he is unable to understand something, it lowers his self-esteem, thus he doesn’t like to admit that he hasn’t understood something. He enjoys being praised for his logic, likes to boast that he has thought up of something himself. Often likes to refer to some stories from everyday life, because nobody would think of checking their validity. In general, likes to make references to somebody else as a way of protecting his arguments (since then the responsibility for objectivity is passed on to this person). Realizes himself in areas that do not require factual confirmation. In passive self-defense he will admit to not understanding something, call himself stupid, or complain that no one understands him. In active self-defense he will argue that he understands everything correctly. His logic is the logic of common sense and everyday life, so it is difficult to argue with it. Everything that comes into his life must be understood and comprehended. And he, coming into other people’s lives, hopes to be understood by them. Afraid to be mistaken in his understanding of something, but on occasion can very easily change his explanation, but so that it is not very conspicuous (“sure crocodiles can fly, but very, very close to the ground”). Worries often and tries to clarify matters of mutual understanding with others, “you did not understand me, I hoped it would be better this way”. Wants to be appreciated for his sincerity.

·
Banned
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Further reading into INTJ vs. INFJ differences here: stellarmaze.com/infj-vs-intj/
I'm told that both types are essentially the same, they see the world through the exact same lense, whilst the only main difference they have is how they choose to interact with or utilize that world. INFJs preferring a softer approach, while INTJs preferring the harder approach.

The problem with me is that in theory, if I am theoretically discussing human suffering, I will propose cold-hearted solutions with total disregard for human life. But in practice, if I were to be put into a real situation like that, I'd always impusively favor the softer/humanitarian approach despite my cold-hearted beliefs.

When an INFJ deliberately ignores his (Fe), he starts displaying strong (Fi) influences, but retreats back to his natural (Fe) self in times of extreme crisis.

I appear to be an INxJ, because if I were an INFJ, I'm blocking my (Fe) in life, and if I were an INTJ, my (Te) manifests itself in weird and very selective situations. (hence is probably unhealthy or underdeveloped).

But seeing how INTJs and INFJs are very similar creatures, it's likely possible for some people to morph between the two, based on nature vs. nurture aspects of psychology.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts