Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

19 and female, have an anxiety disorder

2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?

Nothing wrong with the sky pic, but I choose the croissant one. The beige and cream colors in the pic are soothing and the picture makes me hungry. The pattern on the woman's top makes me think of poinsettias in snow.

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?

I'd describe myself as a laid back gal. Quiet and a little awkward. Unassuming and private at times but has lots going on the inside. A bit of a goofball who likes to laugh. Likes to learn and likes anything novel.

4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?

I would like to be smart, independent, creative, individualistic and just an overall good and well-liked person. I don't want to be unappreciative, rude and brash, dumb or a plain jane.

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?

People describe me as optimistic, very quiet, thoughtful(though that can mean zoned out)a little sassy, smart, creative, uncoordinated and easygoing. Works for the most part except I have a pessimistic side(anxiousness) and have moments of silliness.

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.

Fairness, gratefulness, forgiveness, generosity, objectivity, respecting differences, and supporting the underdog are big values of mine

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?

I get excited for something new, but they can be intimidating and if it's something like moving I'd be scared to let go.

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

I become hyperactive and tense. I'll become anxious and yet apathetic about problems at the same time. In problems involving other people I am pretty good at keeping calm and being optimistic. Or I'll at least keep a calm face. I try to mediate and be a realist/look on the bright side.

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome

Energetic and hyper, my mind buzzing with ideas. Wanting to explore. Feeling peaceful.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?

Group interaction can be fun cause I like tossing around ideas. But I feel lost a lot and sometimes there are too many people. I usually prefer one on one cause it's more quiet and I can get to know the person deeply. It can feel too intimate at times though like if I am first meeting the person.

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?

I feel like I exist outside of society in a way. As for traditions and norms and stuff, there are some good parts and bad parts. Like traditions are nice as they bring good memories and traditions represent different cultures. But if they hurt people, then we don't have to keep going with the tradition. It's nice to spice things up once in awhile too. Similar thing with norms. It's nice and polite to say your pleases and thank yous, but I don't care too much if say, someone goes out in PJs. I think people are inherently good but get lost along the way.

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?

I am a bit wary of authority at times as they abuse their powers and I don't like looking like a bad person. I'm not some big rebel though.

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?

Chaos, I am a mess. My brain is cluttered and I rarely organize things. I just wing things most of the times. I'll try to plan but I rarely stick to them.

14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?
My biggest fear overall is losing stuff. It shows for me by being forgiving in relationships, being safety conscious, being nostalgic and being possessive.

15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?

Having cute pets, getting married, all that jazz. Do well academically, and it would be cool to open a fusion café or be a YouTuber. I want to tour Europe too. Overall I seek a life of meaning, novelty, comfort, and happiness.

16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

Energize: Alone time at home, music, eating good food, art projects, vacationing, learning about my favorite topics
Drain: Too much socializing, most sports stuff, group projects, too much rountine-y stuff, sitting for too long

17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.

I know there are the functions but I feel very balanced on the S and N dichotomy. I have lots of sensory interests but am not the most attuned to my environment. I'll take a joke literally but can come up with a story for a picture. Though I enjoy fantasy a lot of media I like is reality or historical based. I can daydream for hours though I am usually thinking about everyday things rather than unicorns. I love new and novel things but I'm also very in touch with my past. Enneagram 9. The types I listed are from both dichotomy tests and function tests. I want to know my type because I love typology and learning more about myself.

18. Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you?

Don't know, you ask me

1 - 2 of 2 Posts