Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Main Questions

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?
Having an impact on society; creating/doing something none has done before. I want to leave a mark and not be forgotten for a long time.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
I want to be someone important in the tech industry. It is my dream to be the leader of a cutting-edge technology company. Create a product that will be very useful (and profitable). More realistically speaking, my current interests are cryptocurrencies, AI and space travel/exploration.
Additionally, I'd like to earn a lot of money and be able to indulge myself in luxuries; fast cars, good food, nice clothes, traveling, etc...

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
I avoid being negative and hopeless. I really fear being a none and not being able to live life the way I want it. I value independence, creativity, positivity, hope, ambition.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
Not being able to achieve my goals; being a none; being deprived of the things life offers. I think it stems from my relatively boring and deprived childhood.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
I want others to see me as a leader, trailblazer, successful, innovative, fearless, intelligent, creative, visionary. I also take pleasure when people say I'm weird, unusual and/or crazy.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
Finishing a project, achieving a milestone, impressing someone with my knowledge and vision make me feel ecstatic. Also generally enjoying myself by being witty and funny and a smartass.
The opposite makes me feel bad.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
a) I feel comfortable expressing it when I deem it appropriate. Sometimes I find myself being motivated by anger; I try to channel it positively(calculated anger?). But generally speaking, I'm not big on anger and I find it disgusting when people have a public outburst and express it too much. (*i used to be uncomfortable with anger in my insecure years*)
b) I used to be extremely self-conscious as a kid; I had social anxiety, I was fat, insecure to a painful degree and had speech impairment. I sometimes still feel like that part of me is following me everywhere I go. Generally, though, I am not very self-conscious nowadays, probably one of the more carefree people you can meet.
c) I used to have general anxiety too. I got over that too. I don't feel much anxiety nowadays, except in some obvious situations, like for example, exams. Also, imagining of not achieving what I want in life makes me anxious

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
a) When extremely stressed, I become really lazy, unmotivated and I waste my time on the internet. I hate myself for being that way. I find myself in this position more than I'd like to since I like to take on a huge amount of projects with enthusiasm but the sheer amount of work and my tendency to postpone matters until the last moment disrupts me.
b) I absolutely adore change and any kind of change makes me very excited; anything from changing the position of my bad to moving to another city fills my mind with unexplored possibilities and ideas. The only kind of change that I dislike is when it is obviously a negative; but even then, I manage to find something good about it, and come up with the next shiny idea on how to make things better
c) Some conflict is good since it relieves the tension and the truth comes out. While it may be momentarily painful, it feels like a huge weight gets lifted from one's shoulders. However, it should be reasonable and civil, and too much of it is toxic both to the people directly involved and the others around them.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?
a) It's a necessary evil. There will always be people that are better at achieving something better than others. If used correctly, it can be used to assist people. But too much of it and everything goes wrong. Same with power.
I'm neither complaint to, nor anti-authority. I am very situational; whatever behavior benefits me the most. I like challenging authority though to test their consistency (or sometimes for fun).

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
While I'm currently cynical about the situation of humanity, I think that ultimately progress won't stop and we'll achieve unimaginably great things. I think that one should try to get the most out of one's life since, well, you only live once

Optional Questions

11. Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.
University. But not only starting university, the idea that I'd go to university too. I live in a small country with low standards and I absolutely hate it here. Going to university was like the light at the end of a really long tunnel. It made me realize that there's so much to do in the world and that my potential wouldn't go wasted. It also made me reconsider myself as a person and start working on my faults. It transformed me into (from my perspective) a better person. While I'm still not out of my country, I am working on it and most likely I'll be leaving very soon.

12. Comment on your relationship with trust.
I have trust issues, and there are very few people I actually trust. I don't see this a fault though. People, in fact, are unreliable and this trait has actually been beneficial to me.

13. List some of the traits you: a) like; b) dislike most about yourself.
a) I really like the fact that I'm much more independent than my peers. I don't really care about cultural expectations. I like my self-confidence in the belief that I can achieve whatever I set my mind to.
b) I dislike that I'm sometimes a bit socially awkward. It used to be much much worse, but I've got better over time. Currently I consider myself pretty charming, however, I plan to get even better. I also really dislike the fact that I'm a slacker and disorganized, which is a problem since it lowers my productivity. Again, I'm trying to get better.

14. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?
I'd say I'm very good at seeing potential in people and how they could improve themselves.
I'm also very good at detecting "subconscious" communication. I don't know how to really explain it, but I'm really observant of people. It comes out kind of Patrick Jane-esque (for those who have seen "The Mentalist"), of course not nearly as good...you get the point I guess. ;)

15. If a stranger insults you, how do you respond/feel? What if they compliment you?
I laugh it off, they're too irrelevant on the grand scheme of things to waste my time on. If they complimented me, well I'd be suspicious at first. Then it depends on whether it was genuine or fake.

16. What's something you are: a) thankful you have; b) wish you could have? Why?
a) I am really thankful that I am intelligent and an outside of the box thinker. I am thankful that I have friends and family members who support me in my chase of crazy ideas; these kind of people are really hard to find and I'd do anything for them. I'm thankful that I've been able to experience hardship in life, which motives me to succeed.
b) In direct contrast to my previous statement, I wish I had more financial resources, to be able to implement my ideas (and honestly also for buying expensive stuff, fast cars, good food, travel, etc...). I also wish (I HATE to admit this) I had a significant other; while I'm extremely independent and self-reliant, I think that I need an emotional closeness of that kind.

I'm an ENTP in the MBTI. I am 19 years old. Could be helpful :wink:
Also, if possible, it'd be good if you could also write me what tritype and instinctual variant(s) you think I have.

Cheers!

·
Registered
697 Posts
Core Three, with a dash of Seven behind. Gut center I wouldn't know, but I'd at least rule out 8 according to your relationship to anger and authority.

Not sure about the instinctual variants but definitely not Sx dom nor So last. See which Three subtype fits best to figure it out, Chestnut's descriptions are a good place to start.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Core three? Interesting. I read the Chestnut descriptions for 3 and 7 and I find the Self-preservation 7 the most fitting, and to a smaller degree the Sexual 7 and the Sexual 3. The social 3 was the least fitting; in fact, I know a guy who'd be a social according to the description and I'm nothing like him. He's much smoother socially and more superficial.
Regarding the gut fix, it's definitely not 1 or 9w1, I don't identify with their motivations at all.

·
Registered
697 Posts
@niko99

Seven is definitely possible. I went with Three over it because there is a competency veil over your questionnaire as a whole. The way you deal with your emotions, try to channel them towards productivity. As well as the focus on achievements. Sevens typically don't finish more than half of what they start, and don't think twice about it all that much. A Three core could override those typical ENTP issues. Also I don't see yet a neurosis centering around boredom and escaping the inner void which is central to the Seven type, though you did speak of the fear of being deprived.

I wanna say that this quote could be attributed to a disintegration link to 9:
When extremely stressed, I become really lazy, unmotivated and I waste my time on the internet. I hate myself for being that way. I find myself in this position more than I'd like to since I like to take on a huge amount of projects with enthusiasm but the sheer amount of work and my tendency to postpone matters until the last moment disrupts me.
But honestly I can get the same so eh, fuck this amirite.

For the gut fix, I'm honestly not sure. I agree that 1 seems far fetched, but I really don't see much 8 in there. How about 9w8 ? I could see you a bit like @Parrot , who is 9w8 fixed E7 ENTP ( as well as a deliciously colorful troll bastard). He hasn't been on here for a few days, so let's hope he drops in soon and can shed some light on how his gut fix manifests (cause Type 9 isn't a type I can relate with tbh. I could stun you with textbook definitions but if I can't put it together properly it's meaningless).

And finally concerning the instinctual stacking, I initially thought So/Sx on vibe, but if you say you don't relate to So... I think you're Sp/So. We can dig a bit deeper on that if you want, feel free to shoot what you think.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now that I re-read what I had written, I agree that it sounds 3-ish. I think I exaggerated quite a lot since I was really excited since I had a good day regarding my uni coursework. I get overhyped on those occasions. Like most Sevens, I also don't finish most of what I start; but then again, that could be ENTP, so yea... I'd put it this way; I want to achieve so that I can escape boredom and scarcity?

I was thinking I could have an 8 fix since, while really subtle, I do have a need to have control over my environment and I get frustrated when there's someone around me with greater capacity to achieve that. In that case, I generally detach from the situation so I'm not under that person's control, but in the right occasions, I try to push back. I'm very aware of power dynamics in a room.

I've read a bit about stackings. Sp/so is the only one I haven't considered. I don't think I'm sx-last altogether. But other than that, I have no idea. Also, my current best friend is a sx/so, and I have noticed that my core group of friends are all sx's (either first or second). I don't really get along with people who are sx-last, except my so/sp INTP friend.

I like your avatar btw :D

·
Registered
697 Posts
Now that I re-read what I had written, I agree that it sounds 3-ish. I think I exaggerated quite a lot since I was really excited since I had a good day regarding my uni coursework. I get overhyped on those occasions. Like most Sevens, I also don't finish most of what I start; but then again, that could be ENTP, so yea... I'd put it this way; I want to achieve so that I can escape boredom and scarcity?
Fair enough, we're all prone to highlight/withdraw parts of our personality when dealing with others for our own benefit, even if it's subconsciously. Seven fears seem to resonate better with you, so let's operate with this in mind. Your heart fix is a 3, that's for sure. Obviously it's still gonna have a strong influence on you.

Going back to your gut fix. What you say vibes strategical in a 3 and 7 way. Calculated, smooth, foxy. I just don't get 8 anywhere. No focus on Truth, lust, innocence. No pushiness to assert yourself (you seem to have a preference for charm) and you don't seem to have inherent problems with authority and fear of being controlled. The way you describe things, you'd rather ride the wave and try to turn it to your advantage, while the 8 (especially when stressed) would try to take control of the wave itself. You mentioned Patrick Jane earlier, well he's like a pretty textbook 7w6. 7w8 would be closer to Wolverine or Jaime Lannister for example.

Like I said, my initial impression of your instinctual stacking was So/Sx. I can't imagine you So/Sp, that's for sure. Which leaves Sx/So, Sx/Sp, Sp/Sx and Sp/So. Few things in your questionnaire points to Sx first (the craving for something greater, the union that will complete oneself, the intensity focus, the aimless feeling when not attached to something). You mentioned wanting an SO but didn't really develop on that, it was like an offhanded comment on the side, a curiosity that you'd like to experience. My experience with fellow Sx doms has been more... passionate on the subject. The travel part can be associated to Sx, but just as well to 7 so I'm on the fence for that. Also Sx doms tend to leave a very polarizing impression, you seem like a very chill dude to me, the kind of universally likable smoothness of a So/Sx :cool:

Which leaves us with Sp/So and Sp/Sx, which fits with your relating to the Self Preservation variant of 7. You don't strike me as So blindspot (Sp/Sx), with the way you mentioned your place and impact on society as a driving force in life, but feel free to prove me wrong :wink:

I like your avatar btw :D
Thanks.

*pats head*

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Ok, so, 3 and 7 are certain. I read some more material on the two, specifically about subtypes and wings. It made me reconsider my core type again, I might be a 3 after all. While I do strongly identify with both 3 and 7 core fears, I think my focus on image is a bit stronger. I thought it could be a 7 thing too, because I've seen a lot of them, especially ESxP 7w8's, that try to look like rappers/gangsters (if you know what I mean), but mine is different. I'm much more achievement focused, I really enjoy being praised for what I have done, being in prestigious positions, participating in well-known competitions, etc... My high school was a shit place, with no focus on extracurriculars and clubs whatsoever. So I started them myself; the newspaper club, where I was the editor-in-chief too and a Physics club. I've also won awards in the national competitions in Math and Chemistry. You get the point.
I was skeptical about 3 because most descriptions are 3w2 biased. I identify much more with 3w4. That means my second fix is 7, most likely 7w6.

Regarding the stacking, we can definitely rule out sx-last. I also don't think I'm sp/sx. I used to think I was one, but I don't think I'm a sp-dom (maybe I related to sp 7 because it sounded similar to 3?). That leaves me with sx/so, so/sx and sx/sp. You said that you get a so/sx vibe, but aren't they like extremely social people, who are very focused on people around them and pop-culture? I have a chiller vibe than them. They seem much smoother and likable. Otoh, I seem to have people that really like me (my close friends obviously), people that respect me (professors especially, not in a teacher's pet way, but more like he's a solid person with strong opinions and high ambitions) and people that find me annoying (I'm condescendingly going to say - basic people)
Also, I so/sx sounds more like "go with society", while I'm more like impact society. I'm looking forward to hearing your opinion on this.
About the SO thing. It's more of a defense mechanism of mine, part of the image of trying to look unaffected and cool by things such as emotions. I have an extremely rational looking facade. I like it (and find it amusing) when people say that I'm heartless, cold, etc... But fuck it, I'll admit it here haha; I want to have someone that will be by side while I try to reach my goals. I've never had a real relationship, only casual ones which didn't fulfill me at all. Currently. I'm single, but I've been talking to a girl for a while and there's strong chemistry between us. I find the prospect of her being the one very exciting. :tongue:

EDIT:
I forgot to add this earlier. I thought it would be useful if I mentioned some real people and fictional characters I relate to/like(besides Patrick Jane). They would be people like: Richard Feynman, Sean Parker (the real one not the movie one), Brian Greene, Tony Stark, The Joker, and House to a degree.
Oh, also, financial and business movies make me really jittery and excited :crazy:

·
Registered
697 Posts
Ok, so, 3 and 7 are certain. I read some more material on the two, specifically about subtypes and wings. It made me reconsider my core type again, I might be a 3 after all. While I do strongly identify with both 3 and 7 core fears, I think my focus on image is a bit stronger. I thought it could be a 7 thing too, because I've seen a lot of them, especially ESxP 7w8's, that try to look like rappers/gangsters (if you know what I mean), but mine is different. I'm much more achievement focused, I really enjoy being praised for what I have done, being in prestigious positions, participating in well-known competitions, etc... My high school was a shit place, with no focus on extracurriculars and clubs whatsoever. So I started them myself; the newspaper club, where I was the editor-in-chief too and a Physics club. I've also won awards in the national competitions in Math and Chemistry. You get the point.
I was skeptical about 3 because most descriptions are 3w2 biased. I identify much more with 3w4. That means my second fix is 7, most likely 7w6.
These things do sound characteristically 3. 3w4 typically are less plastic like and directly attention seeking, they compete with themselves even more than they compete with others sometimes. Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan, both assuredly 3w4s. 3w2 would be like...Schwarzy I guess ? Shaq is probably 3w2, to stay within basketball players (if you don't mind lol).

And I definitely see where you're coming from with the ESXP 7w8 archetype, usually the rebellious macho class clown who can't stop grabbing his balls ? Yup that's the one. I was like that too once upon a time, when I was in my (even) more cocky phase.

Regarding the stacking, we can definitely rule out sx-last. I also don't think I'm sp/sx. I used to think I was one, but I don't think I'm a sp-dom (maybe I related to sp 7 because it sounded similar to 3?). That leaves me with sx/so, so/sx and sx/sp. You said that you get a so/sx vibe, but aren't they like extremely social people, who are very focused on people around them and pop-culture? I have a chiller vibe than them. They seem much smoother and likable. Otoh, I seem to have people that really like me (my close friends obviously), people that respect me (professors especially, not in a teacher's pet way, but more like he's a solid person with strong opinions and high ambitions) and people that find me annoying (I'm condescendingly going to say - basic people)
Also, I so/sx sounds more like "go with society", while I'm more like impact society. I'm looking forward to hearing your opinion on this.
The impacting society thing is something commonly found among Sx/So descriptions. As for the So/Sx part, So instinct being backed by the Sx rather than Sp makes it come out differently. That being said here are E3 stackings descriptions from Ocean Moonshine:
Social/Sexual

This stacking will cause most of the social variant issues described for the social/self-pres to manifest. The primary differences will be in the arena of interpersonal relationships. Because this is still a social subtype, this Three will strive for the accumulation of wealth in cultures where there is social validation for wealth. The motivation for attainment of material wealth will be derived less out of need for stability and more purely from the desire for social admiration. As with all self-preservation last types, this Three will find it difficult to expend sufficient energy in practical matters, except where there is social pressure to do so. Therefore, just as with the social/self-pres Three; this Three will have an desirable home; but most likely it will fall into disarray when visitors are not expected. With the social/self-pres stacking, there is more internal motivation (stemming from the self- preservation instinct in the secondary position) to maintain order and stability for themselves. With this soc/sexual subtype the motivation to keep up appearances is more purely external.

This type can still be materially successful, but they will not be as directly focused on this goal as the social/self-pres Three. There will be many occasions where the lure of enjoyment (even excess) will take precedence over the need to stay on the “straight and narrow.” Focus on interpersonal relationships, as well as longing for intensity of experience is far more pronounced in this type of Three than in the social/self-pres. Having the social instinct backed by the sexual instinct creates the most playful energy combination, making this Three seem somewhat like a Seven. While social validation is still the primary focus, sexual validation as well as intimacy are also sought, and it is more likely for this subtype to choose “impractically” in the area of relationships (though they may keep their more “socially unacceptable” friends hidden from public scrutiny.)

When these Threes are healthy, their interpersonal skills become a useful tool for grounding themselves and for finding what they really want from life and for finding who they really are. They learn to maintain a more consistent identity, bringing all of who they really are to the forefront, which means recognizing the real self first.
Sexual/Social

The focus of this subtype is less on material gain. The basic fear for this type is loss of intimate love. The sex/soc subtype, like the sex/self-pres, lacks trust in their intimates. Because they feel unworthy of true love, they don’t believe that anyone can love them solely for themselves. Therefore, they continuously strive to hold onto their intimates’ admiration, deluding themselves that if they are admired, they may become worthy of love. They do this through vigorous maintenance of their appearance, achievements, etc. Ageing is often especially difficult for this subtype.

This insecurity leads to an incessant need for reassurance from intimates, in the form of words of affirmation or time spent together (to the exclusion of others). This insatiable need often leads to intense jealousy, which only serves to distance others from them, thus erroneously affirming the Three’s basic fear that they are unworthy of true love. While they share a lot with the sex/self-pres Three, the secondary social instinct adds an element of competition when it comes to questions of desirability. This subtype likes to be seen as the alpha male or alpha female.

When the sex/soc is healthier, they realize this competition is self-defeating. They can take comfort in the thought that another person’s success and attention do not take away their worth in any way.
And just for the heck of it, here's the Sx/Sp one (which is btw the one that that I relate to the most, as I've been in a ricochet between a 3 fix and 4 fix for like a year now):

Sexual/Self-pres

This subtype can appear almost Four-like. They can be dramatic and appear introspective, especially with the Four wing. There is an on and off quality to these Threes. They can be very emotional and then become very business like. It’s not uncommon to find this subtype in the arts, especially as actors, singers or performers. The outward sexual energy coupled with the secondary self-pres energy can cause these Threes to focus on projecting an image of themselves to the world. They will seek validation in the area of their persona. This type especially wrestles with the authenticity of the persona/image they create. On the one hand, the image protects the real self, but at the same time they hate the image they project. This subtype is likely to be in a constant state of flux when it comes to the image they project and for this reason, they run the risk of burn-out and disillusionment. They are more prone to depression than the other subtypes.

When healthier, these Threes begin to trust their intimate relationships, and begin to disentangle the real self from the flux of partial identities they create. They learn that being vulnerable is necessary if they are to get what they really want, which is to reveal the real self and trust that they are lovable even with their flaws.
I think Sx/Sp is the least likely for you. Sx/So would be more likely, but So/Sx is such a great fit according to what you've said and the vibe you give off that it kind of reinforces my initial stance as far as I'm concerned. Like I said, you're just not "raw" enough in your presentation and I don't see merging tendencies that can lead to dependency (in terms of attention and interest, not financial dependency, although that can happen for Sp blindspot people), you seem removed from the object of your interest and flighting around, mobile. Sx dom often leads to a troubled personality that hates to have intimacy thwarted or denied (kind of getting grass cut under your feet) and tends to either come out as completely uninhibited or at the other end of the spectrum completely repressed and intensely insecure in the area. So/Sx smoothes out these things and acts more "natural" in the middle, although it's filled with its own problems (meaning having trouble going all the way in both instincts and the "removed" quality I mentioned).

About the SO thing. It's more of a defense mechanism of mine, part of the image of trying to look unaffected and cool by things such as emotions. I have an extremely rational looking facade. I like it (and find it amusing) when people say that I'm heartless, cold, etc... But fuck it, I'll admit it here haha; I want to have someone that will be by side while I try to reach my goals. I've never had a real relationship, only casual ones which didn't fulfill me at all. Currently. I'm single, but I've been talking to a girl for a while and there's strong chemistry between us. I find the prospect of her being the one very exciting. :tongue:
Well regardless, I wish you luck in that endeavor :wink:

EDIT:
I forgot to add this earlier. I thought it would be useful if I mentioned some real people and fictional characters I relate to/like(besides Patrick Jane). They would be people like: Richard Feynman, Sean Parker (the real one not the movie one), Brian Greene, Tony Stark, The Joker, and House to a degree.
Oh, also, financial and business movies make me really jittery and excited :crazy:
Sure. Man it's pretty funny how the Joker and Tony Stark are recurring names among the ENTP crowd, at least on this board. While the latter is unsurprising, the former is a bit worrying. And House is pretty much the NT mascot at this point lol.

Financial movies... As in the original Wall Street, The Big Short and The Wolf of Wall Street ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used to play basketball in primary school, but a knee injury stopped me; I still love it though, so you can go on forever :D
I agree with you about Jordan, but I've seen Kobe typed as 8w9 too.

And I definitely see where you're coming from with the ESXP 7w8 archetype, usually the rebellious macho class clown who can't stop grabbing his balls ? Yup that's the one. I was like that too once upon a time, when I was in my (even) more cocky phase.
I went through a cocky phase too. I was trying to act like those guys but I failed miserably. I was the dorky kid trying to act cool yea...

I read the descriptions and I will bold the parts to which I relate the most

Social/Sexual

This stacking will cause most of the social variant issues described for the social/self-pres to manifest. The primary differences will be in the arena of interpersonal relationships. Because this is still a social subtype, this Three will strive for the accumulation of wealth in cultures where there is social validation for wealth. The motivation for attainment of material wealth will be derived less out of need for stability and more purely from the desire for social admiration. As with all self-preservation last types, this Three will find it difficult to expend sufficient energy in practical matters, except where there is social pressure to do so. Therefore, just as with the social/self-pres Three; this Three will have an desirable home; but most likely it will fall into disarray when visitors are not expected. With the social/self-pres stacking, there is more internal motivation (stemming from the self- preservation instinct in the secondary position) to maintain order and stability for themselves. With this soc/sexual subtype the motivation to keep up appearances is more purely external.

This type can still be materially successful, but they will not be as directly focused on this goal as the social/self-pres Three. There will be many occasions where the lure of enjoyment (even excess) will take precedence over the need to stay on the “straight and narrow.” Focus on interpersonal relationships, as well as longing for intensity of experience is far more pronounced in this type of Three than in the social/self-pres. Having the social instinct backed by the sexual instinct creates the most playful energy combination, making this Three seem somewhat like a Seven. While social validation is still the primary focus, sexual validation as well as intimacy are also sought, and it is more likely for this subtype to choose “impractically” in the area of relationships (though they may keep their more “socially unacceptable” friends hidden from public scrutiny.)

When these Threes are healthy, their interpersonal skills become a useful tool for grounding themselves and for finding what they really want from life and for finding who they really are. They learn to maintain a more consistent identity, bringing all of who they really are to the forefront, which means recognizing the real self first.[/B] .
"though they may keep their more “socially unacceptable” friends hidden from public scrutiny." I used to do this more until I realised it's irrational.

Sexual/Social

The focus of this subtype is less on material gain. The basic fear for this type is loss of intimate love. The sex/soc subtype, like the sex/self-pres, lacks trust in their intimates. Because they feel unworthy of true love, they don’t believe that anyone can love them solely for themselves. Therefore, they continuously strive to hold onto their intimates’ admiration, deluding themselves that if they are admired, they may become worthy of love. They do this through vigorous maintenance of their appearance, achievements, etc. Ageing is often especially difficult for this subtype.

This insecurity leads to an incessant need for reassurance from intimates, in the form of words of affirmation or time spent together (to the exclusion of others). This insatiable need often leads to intense jealousy, which only serves to distance others from them, thus erroneously affirming the Three’s basic fear that they are unworthy of true love. While they share a lot with the sex/self-pres Three, the secondary social instinct adds an element of competition when it comes to questions of desirability. This subtype likes to be seen as the alpha male or alpha female.

When the sex/soc is healthier, they realize this competition is self-defeating. They can take comfort in the thought that another person’s success and attention do not take away their worth in any way.
While I disagree with the alpha, beta, etc... notion, I get the point. I'm partially guilty of that. When I'm with likeminded people (lets say a room full of techy/sciency/nerdy people) I am most often the center of attention (alpha, although I hate that word). When I'm with ordinary people, and there's someone with a strong presence, I detach from the situation and do my own thing. I don't like being the guys that sit around the "alpha" and admire him. A short anecdote; I was in my friends apartment and we were chilling. He had invited one of his friends and a few girls over without my knowledge. The girls came over first and I was excited about the prospect of being a smartass and charming them. But then the guy came and took over the scene. I tried to regain it but it didn't work. Then I took out my laptop, put on my headphones and watched a movie. Everyone was later asking me if something was wrong.

Sexual/Self-pres

This subtype can appear almost Four-like. They can be dramatic and appear introspective, especially with the Four wing. There is an on and off quality to these Threes. They can be very emotional and then become very business like. It’s not uncommon to find this subtype in the arts, especially as actors, singers or performers. The outward sexual energy coupled with the secondary self-pres energy can cause these Threes to focus on projecting an image of themselves to the world. They will seek validation in the area of their persona. This type especially wrestles with the authenticity of the persona/image they create. On the one hand, the image protects the real self, but at the same time they hate the image they project. This subtype is likely to be in a constant state of flux when it comes to the image they project and for this reason, they run the risk of burn-out and disillusionment. They are more prone to depression than the other subtypes.

When healthier, these Threes begin to trust their intimate relationships, and begin to disentangle the real self from the flux of partial identities they create. They learn that being vulnerable is necessary if they are to get what they really want, which is to reveal the real self and trust that they are lovable even with their flaws.
Shit's getting complicated again...I identify a lot with the sx/sp one.

Financial movies... As in the original Wall Street, The Big Short and The Wolf of Wall Street ?
Yesyesyes! Margin Call, Silicon valley pirates, the steve jobs movies (although they're not that good), the social network, etc... too.

Hey I saw that you're a 6w5/8w7/4w3 sx/sp. That's a weird combination for an ENTP. I've read that that triype is the bluntest one, is that correct?
I guess you're edgier than most ENTP's, since all of them I personally know (including myself) are nerdy. What did you mistype as before settling on ENTP? How would you compare yourself to other ENTP's and me? I'm extremely curious!:cheerful:

·
Registered
697 Posts
I agree with you about Jordan, but I've seen Kobe typed as 8w9 too.
8 is definitely his gut type, the guy is a cold blooded badass. But his core I don't know. He had the work ethic and determination of a Greek hero when it came to the court, an absolute workaholic. If you ask me he was more concerned about greatness than power and control, and he's just so professional, enough to not butt heads too much with Phil Jackson. When I think 8 I think more of guys like Rasheed Wallace.

I went through a cocky phase too. I was trying to act like those guys but I failed miserably. I was the dorky kid trying to act cool yea...
I succeeded in having people buy into it, then I discovered my more genuine nature and sort of embraced it. That being said I attracted more chicks previously, which goes to show the cultural standards we have :dry:

While I disagree with the alpha, beta, etc... notion, I get the point. I'm partially guilty of that. When I'm with likeminded people (lets say a room full of techy/sciency/nerdy people) I am most often the center of attention (alpha, although I hate that word). When I'm with ordinary people, and there's someone with a strong presence, I detach from the situation and do my own thing. I don't like being the guys that sit around the "alpha" and admire him.
I relate with this. Well, I think I'm a bit more at ease with the "commoners" when I put my mind into it though, as I was once conforming as an "alpha" (yeah it does sound cringy) among them. In new situations where everyone is a stranger (say a driving class) I tend to be more assertive than the average guy and try to be witty and flirty, so I'm kind of assigned the leader role by default and glue a few people together. Then me being me, I typically sort out the ones that are interesting and that I have the biggest chemistry with and leave the others to "dry". I feel bad about that but the truth is some people become clingy quickly and when they bore me I don't know what to do with them, so I'm torn between staying nice and acting like a douche to get the point across. I'm just really shitty in general with that psychological distance thing, and I'd rather be 1-1 with someone so that I don't have to regulate my attention between people.

I have more difficulty dealing with already existing groups, I hate the idea of subordinating myself under someone, conforming to a dynamic I haven't chosen and just generally the potential concept of owing the people of the group for accepting me. Urgh, never.

So yeah, like you I'm a sore loser that either becomes the alpha or the stand offish loner that does his own things if it's not possible. I'm typically a loner in my life though, so the groups I speak about tend to be made on the spot based on a common interest and when all is said and done, I strictly devote my free time to the few individuals that really interest me.

A short anecdote; I was in my friends apartment and we were chilling. He had invited one of his friends and a few girls over without my knowledge. The girls came over first and I was excited about the prospect of being a smartass and charming them. But then the guy came and took over the scene. I tried to regain it but it didn't work. Then I took out my laptop, put on my headphones and watched a movie. Everyone was later asking me if something was wrong.
You fucked up. Can't say it never happened to me, but in those cases I try to find someone I click with and talk the night away with her, or more if it's going smoothly enough. If I can't do that, then I'm unfortunately fucked as well.

Shit like this is why I need to develop a party trick that immediately catches attention.

Shit's getting complicated again...I identify a lot with the sx/sp one.
Do you ? You didn't come across as that troubled and emotional to me. Nor having the issues of a SO blindspot. I dunno, I just can't see myself giving a shit about impacting society as a whole personally, at least not as a life goal. I wouldn't mind it as a side effect however lol. I don't know how an So blindspot would manifest in a 3 though.

Anyway I feel like I don't really have anything to add further on that subject, as I've laid out the resources for you to consult and given you my impression. At the end of the day you know yourself better than I do, so it's up to you to make the call on which one fits best.

Yesyesyes! Margin Call, Silicon valley pirates, the steve jobs movies (although they're not that good), the social network, etc... too.
Okay yeah, reeks of E3 lol.

You should give a shot to Martin Eden if you're into reading, I think you'd like it.

Hey I saw that you're a 6w5/8w7/4w3 sx/sp. That's a weird combination for an ENTP. I've read that that triype is the bluntest one, is that correct?
I guess you're edgier than most ENTP's, since all of them I personally know (including myself) are nerdy. What did you mistype as before settling on ENTP? How would you compare yourself to other ENTP's and me? I'm extremely curious!:cheerful:
It's the most reactive tritype, which is a label I'm not quite sure yet I feel comfortable with. I typed as a 683 until recently. As to what it does coupled with ENTP, my guess is that it makes the most argumentative type more argumentative.

I never really typed as anything beforehand ENTP, I initially got INTP on tests at first when I was some third grade noob who just got into typology. Then I looked at fictional INTP characters, then looked at the writings of famous Ti doms like Kant, which essentially came across to me as some excessive intellectual masturbation over semantics and noped the fuck out of that. Didn't help that when I told one of my friends I typed as introverted he replied "If you're introverted then I'm the fucking pope!". To be fair I self identify as an ambivert as despite having a dominant presence in social situations, I lead a fairly isolated lifestyle (which I appreciate and loathe equally). I'm pretty lazy and tend to have trouble spontaneously initiating projects in unstructured environment where people aren't reunited for a common purpose and easily accessible (like school).

So yeah. I definitely have shit Si and Fi, strong intuition and a weird relationship with Fe so I ran with ENTP. I do fit the stereotype of the asshole that runs over people intellectually and manages to offend people by mocking their beliefs when I find it silly and self righteous, somehow getting away with it because I sprinkle some charm over it. I'm working on that.

That said, you're quite right that I'm different than most ENTPs, or at least it feels that way to me. I don't feel as "random weird" as many of them. I mean I still have my moments (I was taking a dump earlier and wondering what centaurs do with their arms when they're running lol), but as a whole ? I'm more serious, confrontational, and contained I think. As you mentioned I'm also edgy as fuck and I do a good amount of brooding, which contrasts with the usual happy-go-lucky archetype (that I sort of showcase in public, but is really somewhat of a mask I put on honestly). And between you and me ? I find a lot of ENTPs a bit shallow around the edges. I think I'm more "intellectual" (not necessarily smarter though) than them. You say you come across as a nerd, it's usually said on an ironic tone and as a gag but people would sooner label me an eccentric Renaissance man "scholar" than a nerd if you catch my drift..? I typically get my best conversations with Ni doms, who also tend to share my interests and preoccupations. I mean what's up with ENTPs and sci-fi ? Am I the only one who doesn't give a damn and prefers liberal arts (like economics and history) and snobbish literature ?:unsure: Am I actually some kind of repressed assholish NF ?! :shocked:

You mentioned the characters you related to the most earlier, my list would look more like this: Hamlet, Lord Byron, Rodion Romanovich Raskolnikov, Lord Henry Wotton, Jaime Lannister, Tyrion Lannister (I know the two brothers are fairly different, don't ask me why I relate to both lol), Edmond Dantes (as the Count), Makishima Shougo, Gilgamesh of the Fate series (low key as he still manages to be much more of an asshole than me).

I'll stop here since I've already rambled enough (that's what you get for asking a narcissist to talk about himself :wink:). I'm not particularly defensive of my MBTI type though, so feel free to comment on that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I succeeded in having people buy into it, then I discovered my more genuine nature and sort of embraced it. That being said I attracted more chicks previously, which goes to show the cultural standards we have :dry:
For me it was actually the opposite. Since I embraced my "real self" and grown out of the awkward phase, I have been getting more attention from chicks.

I'm just really shitty in general with that psychological distance thing, and I'd rather be 1-1 with someone so that I don't have to regulate my attention between people.
I identify so much with this. Like for a short period of time, I can use my Fe extremely well but it drains pretty fast and I must go back to Ne-Ti asshole(ish) mode (not saying NeTi is assholish but it comes out that way after being tired of Fe).
1-1 interactions are much better since you get to be more real. This way I can find the people I really click with and enjoy my time with them OR I get a "You're a freak. Stay away from me" (obviously exaggerated but you get the point). :laughing:
I also like to randomly be very Fe like with random people. Like I see someone waiting for elevator and I put on a huge smile and greet them. Or, when I order something, either from a waiter or someone working behind the counter, I put on the same smile. It's very amusing "forcing" a smile on them too. Some don't smile at all and become anxious, some return my smile. It feels good honestly. You should try it sometimes it's interesting seeing how people react (if you already haven't).

So yeah, like you I'm a sore loser that either becomes the alpha or the stand offish loner that does his own things if it's not possible. I'm typically a loner in my life though, so the groups I speak about tend to be made on the spot based on a common interest and when all is said and done, I strictly devote my free time to the few individuals that really interest me.
Eerily relatable, you just described my social life too.

Do you ? You didn't come across as that troubled and emotional to me. Nor having the issues of a SO blindspot. I dunno, I just can't see myself giving a shit about impacting society as a whole personally, at least not as a life goal. I wouldn't mind it as a side effect however lol. I don't know how an So blindspot would manifest in a 3 though.
You know what? Imma go with just 3w4 with a sp blindspot for now. I have a general feeling of how it should manifest. I haven't been really in contact with the outer world much lately since I'm studying for my exams. I have literally forgotten how I act (inferior Si I guess?).
Let's see how it plays out.

You should give a shot to Martin Eden if you're into reading, I think you'd like it.
Thank you so much for the recommendation; I've been looking for some good reads and this sounds really interesting.

It's the most reactive tritype, which is a label I'm not quite sure yet I feel comfortable with. I typed as a 683 until recently. As to what it does coupled with ENTP, my guess is that it makes the most argumentative type more argumentative.
So much argumentativeness hehe :exterminate:

I never really typed as anything beforehand ENTP, I initially got INTP on tests at first when I was some third grade noob who just got into typology. Then I looked at fictional INTP characters, then looked at the writings of famous Ti doms like Kant, which essentially came across to me as some excessive intellectual masturbation over semantics and noped the fuck out of that. Didn't help that when I told one of my friends I typed as introverted he replied "If you're introverted then I'm the fucking pope!". To be fair I self identify as an ambivert as despite having a dominant presence in social situations, I lead a fairly isolated lifestyle (which I appreciate and loathe equally)
My process was more complex and it went like this: INTJ -> INFP -> INTP -> ENFP -> ENTP. The first three were short lived. I had a dilemma between ENFP and ENTP until very recently. I have no idea why I thought I was ENFP, I have no Fi whatsoever. I guess I was playing around. Until I met a guy, who was a lot like me (dom Ne). He was in the newly founded debate team. I clicked with him immediately and I was pretty sure he's ENTP too. But there was something off. His arguments, while well organized and logical, were based of values. I'm much "drier" than him. I read about the Fi-Te / Ti-Fe axis and it all became obvious. From that point I was certain of ENTP :smug: I identify as an ambivert too; fundamentally a loner, but sociable.

So yeah. I definitely have shit Si and Fi, strong intuition and a weird relationship with Fe so I ran with ENTP. I do fit the stereotype of the asshole that runs over people intellectually and manages to offend people by mocking their beliefs when I find it silly and self righteous, somehow getting away with it because I sprinkle some charm over it. I'm working on that.
Relatable as fuck. Typology is freaky isn't it?

That said, you're quite right that I'm different than most ENTPs, or at least it feels that way to me. I don't feel as "random weird" as many of them. I mean I still have my moments (I was taking a dump earlier and wondering what centaurs do with their arms when they're running lol)
I just recently imagined "what if people had tails" (the train of thought was like: I had a slight back pain -> massaged my lower back -> felt the vertebral column -> specifically the coccyx -> feels like an ancient tail -> humans had a common ancestor with apes -> they most likely had tails -> imagine if we stil had them). I discussed this with my aforementioned ENFP friend. We talked about the implications of it in sports, fashion and home design. And how Godfather is seriously disturbing and funny if everyone had tails in the movie...

, but as a whole ? I'm more serious, confrontational, and contained I think. As you mentioned I'm also edgy as fuck and I do a good amount of brooding, which contrasts with the usual happy-go-lucky archetype (that I sort of showcase in public, but is really somewhat of a mask I put on honestly). And between you and me ? I find a lot of ENTPs a bit shallow around the edges. I think I'm more "intellectual" (not necessarily smarter though) than them. You say you come across as a nerd, it's usually said on an ironic tone and as a gag but people would sooner label me an eccentric Renaissance man "scholar" than a nerd if you catch my drift..? I typically get my best conversations with Ni doms, who also tend to share my interests and preoccupations. I mean what's up with ENTPs and sci-fi ? Am I the only one who doesn't give a damn and prefers liberal arts (like economics and history) and snobbish literature ?:unsure: Am I actually some kind of repressed assholish NF ?! :shocked:
Yea I can totally see that. I'm closer to the random weird ENTP than you, but, being a 3w4 tones it down a bit. I'd say I'm 65% classical 35% more serious. I am discreetly snobby heh. I've never taken much interest in liberal arts, but I love economy and business. Also, nerdy was an overstatement; not blatantly nerdy, but after you get to know me for a bit. In my normal mode, new people see me as standoffish.

You mentioned the characters you related to the most earlier, my list would look more like this: Hamlet, Lord Byron, Rodion Romanovich Raskolnikov, Lord Henry Wotton, Jaime Lannister, Tyrion Lannister (I know the two brothers are fairly different, don't ask me why I relate to both lol), Edmond Dantes (as the Count), Makishima Shougo, Gilgamesh of the Fate series (low key as he still manages to be much more of an asshole than me).
How could I have forgotten about Tyrion?!!?!? He's a big reason I watch GoT.
Ye the people you identify with reflect your personality as you had described it.

I'll stop here since I've already rambled enough (that's what you get for asking a narcissist to talk about himself :wink:). I'm not particularly defensive of my MBTI type though, so feel free to comment on that.
Ramble bro, I'm enjoying this :D

·
Registered
697 Posts
Hey man ! Glad to see you're still around on here. I meant to reply earlier but in a nutshell my school schedule this term sucks balls and my work schedule is just a cherry on top of that turd. Ergo, very few sleep and free time while adjusting.

For me it was actually the opposite. Since I embraced my "real self" and grown out of the awkward phase, I have been getting more attention from chicks.
Most girls don't want to listen to my intellectual ramblings and would rather have me crack jokes, make backflips and talk about how busy with work I am. Which is fine, but not my default personality and something I can keep up indefinitely. I've been meaning to find an INFX to date, but cute ones are nowhere to be found... What does a man have to do find them in the shithole where I live :dry:

I identify so much with this. Like for a short period of time, I can use my Fe extremely well but it drains pretty fast and I must go back to Ne-Ti asshole(ish) mode (not saying NeTi is assholish but it comes out that way after being tired of Fe).
1-1 interactions are much better since you get to be more real. This way I can find the people I really click with and enjoy my time with them OR I get a "You're a freak. Stay away from me" (obviously exaggerated but you get the point). :laughing:
I've noticed I tend to fall back more on said Ne-Ti mode in group settings, and become even more assholish. It's like I get so caught up in upholding and escalating the emotional atmosphere through my performance act that I lose myself (self as in my very personality) in acting progressively more outrageous and provocative, saying things I don't even believe or think through just to get laughs and emotional reactions out of people. Having grown up in a context of harmless roasting and teasing, I tend to run over people without realizing I've hurt some sensitivities... :unsure:

The follow-up is me withdrawing temporarily and trying to figure out why the fuck I did that, and E4 insecurities about authenticity bubbling up to make me feel guilty and confused.

I don't get that in 1-on-1 interactions. I act more real, nicer, more personal and can adjust to the other person, connect on a deep level and not worry about grabbing the other's attention. It's...very refreshing.

I also like to randomly be very Fe like with random people. Like I see someone waiting for elevator and I put on a huge smile and greet them. Or, when I order something, either from a waiter or someone working behind the counter, I put on the same smile. It's very amusing "forcing" a smile on them too. Some don't smile at all and become anxious, some return my smile. It feels good honestly. You should try it sometimes it's interesting seeing how people react (if you already haven't).
It definitely happens on a good day, when I'm truly happy it's like I can spread innocence and happiness around contagiously. Like people automatically drop their guard upon seeing me. That said, perhaps a 6w5 thing, I can get negative easily and my expression gets more daring and distrustful than anything, with an aura of prickliness I guess. So half the time I'm dour and sullen, and the rest I'm charming, charismatic and the life of the party. Not gonna lie, I envy E7s' ability to stay "up" all the time in terms of positivity. *shrugs*

You know what? Imma go with just 3w4 with a sp blindspot for now. I have a general feeling of how it should manifest. I haven't been really in contact with the outer world much lately since I'm studying for my exams. I have literally forgotten how I act (inferior Si I guess?).
Let's see how it plays out.
Nah that's being out of touch with Fi more than anything. Or even better: something all humans experience in isolation :wink:

Do tell me if you've found out anything else about yourself since last time we talked.

My process was more complex and it went like this: INTJ -> INFP -> INTP -> ENFP -> ENTP. The first three were short lived. I had a dilemma between ENFP and ENTP until very recently. I have no idea why I thought I was ENFP, I have no Fi whatsoever. I guess I was playing around. Until I met a guy, who was a lot like me (dom Ne). He was in the newly founded debate team. I clicked with him immediately and I was pretty sure he's ENTP too. But there was something off. His arguments, while well organized and logical, were based of values. I'm much "drier" than him. I read about the Fi-Te / Ti-Fe axis and it all became obvious. From that point I was certain of ENTP :smug: I identify as an ambivert too; fundamentally a loner, but sociable.
Lol how does one even mistype at INFP before going to ENTP ? :exterminate:

I just recently imagined "what if people had tails" (the train of thought was like: I had a slight back pain -> massaged my lower back -> felt the vertebral column -> specifically the coccyx -> feels like an ancient tail -> humans had a common ancestor with apes -> they most likely had tails -> imagine if we stil had them). I discussed this with my aforementioned ENFP friend. We talked about the implications of it in sports, fashion and home design. And how Godfather is seriously disturbing and funny if everyone had tails in the movie...
See this was all pretty relatable until you brought up the Corleones with monkey tails ^^' Like I can't even...wat

Yea I can totally see that. I'm closer to the random weird ENTP than you, but, being a 3w4 tones it down a bit. I'd say I'm 65% classical 35% more serious. I am discreetly snobby heh. I've never taken much interest in liberal arts, but I love economy and business. Also, nerdy was an overstatement; not blatantly nerdy, but after you get to know me for a bit. In my normal mode, new people see me as standoffish.
Standoffish ? Really ? Can you expand on that ?

Ye the people you identify with reflect your personality as you had described it.
i.e they all have arrogance issues haha

Ramble bro, I'm enjoying this :D
I'll try my best :cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey man ! Glad to see you're still around on here. I meant to reply earlier but in a nutshell my school schedule this term sucks balls and my work schedule is just a cherry on top of that turd. Ergo, very few sleep and free time while adjusting.
Glad you're involved with school, our planet needs educated people :D
What's your degree btw? Mine's Theoretical Physics, although we're still haven't reached the "theoretical" part :laughing:

Nah that's being out of touch with Fi more than anything. Or even better: something all humans experience in isolation :wink:

Do tell me if you've found out anything else about yourself since last time we talked.

Lol how does one even mistype at INFP before going to ENTP ? :exterminate:

Standoffish ? Really ? Can you expand on that ?
Ye it's better to not link every behaviour to typology, most of them are actually just human.

What I have been noticing is that how the fuck I though I was an E7. 3w4 fits so fucking perfectly it's incredible.
Stackings. I'm definitely not sx/so and sp/so. I'd order them like this --> so/sx=so/sp>sp/sx>sx/sp>sx/so>sp/so. Although earlier I thought so/sp is impossible, I've been thinking about the possibility that my 4 wing could be responsible for the sx-like behaviour. I also read about syn and contra flow and contra soc dom sounds more likely than syn soc dom.

Regarding the INFP weird mistype and the standoffish attitude. INFP was a really short mistype. I was feeling like shit around that time and still didn't know about cognitive functions so I did one the stupid online tests and got INFP. My longest mistype has been INTJ and I only changed to ENTP very recently because it fits the best out of NT's. But outwardly I give the impression of a xNTJ. People have constantly been telling me I look unapproachable, cold; and I speak very categorically, have a very dry and dark sense of humor (not saying xNTP's don't, but they look warmer and more approachable, idk how to explain it) , etc, etc,... I'm actually open to suggestions, I may be completely mistyped. I'm aware of the fact that behaviour based typing is not correct, but certain function combinations do indeed exhibit specific behaviour.
Also, I don't know how much you're into socionics, but there I relate more to ENTj than ENTp. The ENTj - Ni subtype describes me extremely good. But MBTI ENTJ, sounds too, tough?
I'm definitely xNTx though, describes my whole life :D
Honestly, I've been more interested in the Enneagram and MBTI kinda got ignored...
Regardless, both have helped me grow as a person and learn how other people work so all in all it has been beneficial.

Oh, and good luck with your studies man. :proud:

·
Registered
697 Posts
Glad you're involved with school, our planet needs educated people :D
What's your degree btw? Mine's Theoretical Physics, although we're still haven't reached the "theoretical" part :laughing:
I'm just 17, soon-to-be 18. Where I'm from high school is cut short a bit and the last two years are replaced with a kind of prep school before heading off to college. That's where you get a useless degree that only serves as a qualification for your future actual degree (on the plus side, you get to develop fundamentals in the field you're interested in before specializing). So right now I'm in some kind of vaguely defined social sciences program where I touch upon politics, economics, history, sociology, quantitative methods, etc. It's pretty nice, although a bit dry on the creative side :sad: By interest I'd want to become a historian, but the job prospects being laughably terrible, I might end up as a teacher. If I change my mind, I'll probably branch out in business *shrugs* (is my apathy for hard science showing enough ? :wink:).

What are your aspirations ?

Stackings. I'm definitely not sx/so and sp/so. I'd order them like this --> so/sx=so/sp>sp/sx>sx/sp>sx/so>sp/so. Although earlier I thought so/sp is impossible, I've been thinking about the possibility that my 4 wing could be responsible for the sx-like behaviour. I also read about syn and contra flow and contra soc dom sounds more likely than syn soc dom.
I don't know about the flows, it seems kinda dubious. I'd expect a 8 of any kind to be contra flow and a 9 of any kind to be syn flow, the way the types are wired. I relate better with contra flow myself, but Sx/So is definitely an option so.. I'm sticking with So/Sx for you.

My longest mistype has been INTJ and I only changed to ENTP very recently because it fits the best out of NT's. But outwardly I give the impression of a xNTJ. People have constantly been telling me I look unapproachable, cold; and I speak very categorically, have a very dry and dark sense of humor (not saying xNTP's don't, but they look warmer and more approachable, idk how to explain it) , etc, etc,... I'm actually open to suggestions, I may be completely mistyped. I'm aware of the fact that behaviour based typing is not correct, but certain function combinations do indeed exhibit specific behaviour.
^
I absolutely adore change and any kind of change makes me very excited; anything from changing the position of my bad to moving to another city fills my mind with unexplored possibilities and ideas. The only kind of change that I dislike is when it is obviously a negative; but even then, I manage to find something good about it, and come up with the next shiny idea on how to make things better
^

I also really dislike the fact that I'm a slacker and disorganized, which is a problem since it lowers my productivity. Again, I'm trying to get better.
My guess is that you're no MBTI INTJ (which is an overblown type to be honest, misunderstood and riddled with stereotypes). ILIs in Socionics can be lazy as fuck, but disorganized and scatterbrained isn't part of their highly pedantic make up. Also Fe Polr, according to what you said, you probably don't have it. My guess is that you fell in love with the image and behavior of characters typed as INTJs through fiction, and as a typical 3 are trying to embody that image. I'm just shooting from the hip here though, so disregard if I'm off.

That aside, I too tend to be categorical in my statements (as I have shown at several points on this site), and IRL I tend to use strong words and embellishments for added effect on people (love, hate, best, worst) which seems to make people think that I hold onto my opinions more strongly than I actually do lol. I also do dry humor just fine, although I end up bursting laughing once desired effect has been reached :cool: As a rule if surrounded by strangers in an unfamiliar situation, I tend to adopt a hostile and aloofish disposition, which practically melts away once I find a kindred spirit. I think it's an SX 6 defense mechanism though. But no, people who know me at least a bit would hardly call me cold, or at least no more than in short bursts. I'm as cold as I am burning with a theatrical passion, which makes for some sweet contrasts of attention whoring and brooding :violin:

Also, I don't know how much you're into socionics, but there I relate more to ENTj than ENTp. The ENTj - Ni subtype describes me extremely good. But MBTI ENTJ, sounds too, tough?
The LIE is definitely softer and less dictatorial than the MBTI ENTJ by descriptions, the latter seeming like an aspiring world dominator while the former is often associated with small business owners. To be fair, it's not rare to see ENTJs type as SLE or SEE in Socionics, as their program really is based on that whole Conqueror ideal thing. I'm pretty sure a lot of self typed ENTJs here are actually mistyped Se leads btw.

But really, you relate to Gamma quadra best ? If there's anything I'm sure of in Socionics, it's that I'm most likely a Merry type.

In MBTI I'm definitely some Ne type. In Socionics I've been thinking lately that EIE and especially EIE-Ni might be the best fit. I'm inclined to say it's either that or ILE-Ti that fits quite well as well !

Oh, and good luck with your studies man. :proud:
Likewise to you :wink:

Edit: That's Expat, possibly the most renowned Socionics community member and a clear cut LIE, see whether you relate:

Apparently the other guy is an ILE, I think he looks wimpy but whatever I guess.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts