Personality Cafe banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Main Questions

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?

Purpose, Meaning

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?

The above two.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?

Carelessly cruel, of no use.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?

Loving, ---

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?

Stable, confident, self amused, intellect, wise, kind.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?

Accomplishment, connection, ... loss, instability

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.

a) I don't usually do anger. I get annoyed easily but I have a long slow fuse. At the end there is more like seething resentment than anger? but watch out because that runs deeper than a fast blow up. b) denial c) hiding it.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.

a) push through the discomfort b) try to stand back and process c) respond with equal or stronger force, unless in a work environment - perhaps respond is a polite but internally sarcastic way.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?

a) never had a problem with authority figures, they've always liked me, but I don't really see authority if that makes sense. It doesn't impact how I see or treat people.
b) a part of me thinks the whole world is built on power dynamics whether you see them or not, another part of me thinks that's a sign that I don't know how to live or what's truly valuable....idk

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?

Neutral

Optional Questions

11. Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.

I'd rather not.

12. Comment on your relationship with trust.

I trust my own understanding of people, who they are, what makes the tick, what their motives are etc.

13. List some of the traits you: a) like; b) dislike most about yourself.

a) intellect, confidence, insight, hard working b) misunderstood easily, not the best at representing myself say in social settings lin a short time span like an interview

14. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?

What makes their face light up when they mention it in passing, what people don't say..or what they deflect. I notice a lot of things people don't seem to. I notice behavior and patterns over time. I notice what those things mean.

15. If a stranger insults you, how do you respond/feel? What if they compliment you?

A stranger I'll never see again. It means little to me. I won't care much. If the insult has any validity it may sink in a week after. I respond in kind whatever I feel the intent to hurt was. I don't take compliments from strangers seriously either.

16. What's something you are: a) thankful you have; b) wish you could have? Why?

a) thankful for everything, the computer im writing on, my blanket, my bed, etc. b) kind and loving solid support system, more good memories - obvious reasons

·
Registered
161 Posts
I will give it a go. First off take what I say with a grain of salt because you know yourself better and I am making a conclusion based on words written. I will right my thinking in the quote.
Main Questions

Purpose, Meaning
This could be many if not all of the types. That being said this idea is most likely seen for 1, 3, and maybe 5 are the most likely from each triad.

The above two.

This would hint that you are most likely not a head triad. Maybe 7, but having the most important value being based on not being cruel seems like either a 9,1,2, or 4 preference.

Loving, ---
I don’t know

Ok now this sounds like a 5. This is exactly how they want to be seen.

This matches 3 the most.

a) I don't usually do anger. I get annoyed easily but I have a long slow fuse. At the end there is more like seething resentment than anger? but watch out because that runs deeper than a fast blow up. b) denial c) hiding it.
Not really sure
8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.

a) push through the discomfort b) try to stand back and process c) respond with equal or stronger force, unless in a work environment - perhaps respond is a polite but internally sarcastic way.
This sounds like it could be the stress of a 3 but you didn’t put much at all so I don’t know. I could maybe see 8 for stress as well.
9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?

a) never had a problem with authority figures, they've always liked me, but I don't really see authority if that makes sense. It doesn't impact how I see or treat people.
b) a part of me thinks the whole world is built on power dynamics whether you see them or not, another part of me thinks that's a sign that I don't know how to live or what's truly valuable....idk
Ok now I am not sure. This honestly seems more like high head or gut triad. Specifically an 8,1,or 6. I could see 3 as well.

Neutral
I don’t know what to say with this.

Optional Questions

11. Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.

I'd rather not.

I trust my own understanding of people, who they are, what makes the tick, what their motives are etc.
Maybe a more 3w2 trait.

a) intellect, confidence, insight, hard working b) misunderstood easily, not the best at representing myself say in social settings lin a short time span like an interview
Now this seems like a 5,1, or 4.

What makes their face light up when they mention it in passing, what people don't say..or what they deflect. I notice a lot of things people don't seem to. I notice behavior and patterns over time. I notice what those things mean.
This is actually very common among 3 types.
15. If a stranger insults you, how do you respond/feel? What if they compliment you?

A stranger I'll never see again. It means little to me. I won't care much. If the insult has any validity it may sink in a week after. I respond in kind whatever I feel the intent to hurt was. I don't take compliments from strangers seriously either.
Ok so not a two at all. Not sure other than that.
16. What's something you are: a) thankful you have; b) wish you could have? Why?

a) thankful for everything, the computer im writing on, my blanket, my bed, etc. b) kind and loving solid support system, more good memories - obvious reasons
Not sure, maybe a 4, but I really don’t know.
Not going to lie you are very hard to read. I recommend looking more into it because there were some questions that were meant to be very informative but you chose to give short vague responses or not answer at all. I think that the most likely type is probably a 3. You showed lots of passion, goal oriented ideas, and said you are good at reading people. This is all type 3 traits. I would assume that means you type is a 3w4 because I saw more 4 than 2. It is possible you are an unhealthy 5 or a healthy 8 or 1.
For tritype I would assume 358, 351, 315,385, or 538. Let me know what you think and as I said take what I said with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Based on what the way you present yourself, it seems that you have type 5 in mind. Is it the case?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will give it a go. First off take what I say with a grain of salt because you know yourself better and I am making a conclusion based on words written. I will right my thinking in the quote.

Not going to lie you are very hard to read. I recommend looking more into it because there were some questions that were meant to be very informative but you chose to give short vague responses or not answer at all. I think that the most likely type is probably a 3. You showed lots of passion, goal oriented ideas, and said you are good at reading people. This is all type 3 traits. I would assume that means you type is a 3w4 because I saw more 4 than 2. It is possible you are an unhealthy 5 or a healthy 8 or 1.
For tritype I would assume 358, 351, 315,385, or 538. Let me know what you think and as I said take what I said with a grain of salt.
Do you have more specific questions which could maybe clarify it for you?

·
Registered
2 Posts
How do you want to be seen by others? What would you say some of your weakness are? How do you deal with anger or anxiety?
I'm not all that invested in my image to others however I want my friends to know I love them and that they can depend on me. I want general society to know that I'm not dumb and I'm not to be fucked with either. All of theses things are true. I guess I would like to be seen for what and how I actually am, simply. It's annoying and painful to be perceived other than that.
If someone close doesn't know I care or if someone thinks they can get away with fucking me over, it's a huge failure on my part or nuisance to deal with.

Weaknesses, I am not sure.
I think I can't tell you my own. They don't stand out to me, asides from the obvious I bleed blood when stabbed with metal. I don't think in my life I have been criticized in particular for any one trait consistently. If there's anything like that it might be being too blunt, but I haven't even heard that one in a while. Maybe my weakness is being present in the moment, overthinking, ...perhaps? It takes me time to warm up to things and places.

The anger and anxiety I don't know what much to add than was above. I don't get angry in the typical sense of the word. I get annoyed by people's stupidity or laziness often. On a daily basis. I respond by not responding or with passive aggressive sarcasm if it's particularly irksome. If something is egregious I will formulate and take steps to ruin someone, but that is a very relate occurrence. I give people enough benefit of the doubt and objective view that I only lash out that way if it's utterly justified, and deserved, the damage.

Anxiety. I am a quite anxious person I would say, but I don't think anyone around me sees that. I am hyper vigilant even. I think people perceive me as calm and collected however. (Which isn't a facade, the confidence/calm is real, they are different pieces of the mind at work.)

I've tried to mitigate my anxiety with self help gurus but it's hard to fix thought with more thinking. I feel like if I could truly relax my quality of life on a personal level w/ that alone would be a huge uptick. It would unparalyze a lot of things.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I am assuming this is just an alt account.
I'm not all that invested in my image to others however I want my friends to know I love them and that they can depend on me. I want general society to know that I'm not dumb and I'm not to be fucked with either. All of theses things are true. I guess I would like to be seen for what and how I actually am, simply. It's annoying and painful to be perceived other than that.
If someone close doesn't know I care or if someone thinks they can get away with fucking me over, it's a huge failure on my part or nuisance to deal with.

Weaknesses, I am not sure.
I think I can't tell you my own. They don't stand out to me, asides from the obvious I bleed blood when stabbed with metal. I don't think in my life I have been criticized in particular for any one trait consistently. If there's anything like that it might be being too blunt, but I haven't even heard that one in a while. Maybe my weakness is being present in the moment, overthinking, ...perhaps? It takes me time to warm up to things and places.

The anger and anxiety I don't know what much to add than was above. I don't get angry in the typical sense of the word. I get annoyed by people's stupidity or laziness often. On a daily basis. I respond by not responding or with passive aggressive sarcasm if it's particularly irksome. If something is egregious I will formulate and take steps to ruin someone, but that is a very relate occurrence. I give people enough benefit of the doubt and objective view that I only lash out that way if it's utterly justified, and deserved, the damage.

Anxiety. I am a quite anxious person I would say, but I don't think anyone around me sees that. I am hyper vigilant even. I think people perceive me as calm and collected however. (Which isn't a facade, the confidence/calm is real, they are different pieces of the mind at work.)

I've tried to mitigate my anxiety with self help gurus but it's hard to fix thought with more thinking. I feel like if I could truly relax my quality of life on a personal level w/ that alone would be a huge uptick. It would unparalyze a lot of things.

Thanks in advance.
This definitely helped I think. I appreciate you answering more questions. I am pretty sure you are not an 8, 9, or 1. I think you could be a 3 but now I think 5 or even 6 makes the most sense. Anxiety is much more common in 6w5 than any type, but what you described for how you want to be perceived matches with 3 and 5 the most for sure. I think you are probably a 5w6 or a 6w5 as for tritype 538 or 531 is my guess. Of course if you are a 6 than it would be 638 or 631. Hope this helped and you think this makes sense instead of confusing you more.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am assuming this is just an alt account.

This definitely helped I think. I appreciate you answering more questions. I am pretty sure you are not an 8, 9, or 1. I think you could be a 3 but now I think 5 or even 6 makes the most sense. Anxiety is much more common in 6w5 than any type, but what you described for how you want to be perceived matches with 3 and 5 the most for sure. I think you are probably a 5w6 or a 6w5 as for tritype 538 or 531 is my guess. Of course if you are a 6 than it would be 638 or 631. Hope this helped and you think this makes sense instead of confusing you more.
Thanks for the analysis. I have taken quizzes and tests and gotten close results but I wanted to make sure, as you never know. What I got was 135, 153 typically in case you were curious yourself.

·
Registered
ENTJ 7w8 sx/so
8,506 Posts
Have you considered Enneagram 3? You seem very 3ish but also somewhat repressed, as successful 3s tend to be. If you don't think that's your base Enneagram then you could be an unemotional 7 with an 8 fix.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have you considered Enneagram 3? You seem very 3ish but also somewhat repressed, as successful 3s tend to be. If you don't think that's your base Enneagram then you could be an unemotional 7 with an 8 fix.
3s are too image focused. I am barely image focused. 3s like to represent what they are not but think everyone wants them to be. I only want to be seen for myself. I doubt 3 is my dominant orientation.

·
Registered
ENTJ 7w8 sx/so
8,506 Posts
3s are too image focused. I am barely image focused. 3s like to represent what they are not but think everyone wants them to be. I only want to be seen for myself. I doubt 3 is my dominant orientation.
What Enneagrams have you considered? I thought your answered made you sound a bit repressed but that could be an indication that you're a 5? You would know yourself better than anyone else and giving some more information would be helpful in figuring out your Enneagram. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Main Questions

Purpose, Meaning

The above two.

Loving, ---

Neutral

Optional Questions

I'd rather not.

I'm new here, but from what I read you sound like a type 3. More specifically a type 3w2

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What Enneagrams have you considered? I thought your answered made you sound a bit repressed but that could be an indication that you're a 5? You would know yourself better than anyone else and giving some more information would be helpful in figuring out your Enneagram. :)
What does repressed mean here?

·
Registered
ENTJ 7w8 sx/so
8,506 Posts
hmm, i just don't know what else to share. Not big often skilled at talking about myself. Thank you though.
FWIW, I think you could be a 1 or 5. Like everyone keeps saying, at the end of the day you know yourself best. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts