Personality Cafe banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I typically test as ENTJ but that's just 16p website and with the ones which test cognitive functions I score high on Ni, Se, Te, Ti (pretty much always some permutation of these in my top 4). So, here goes my life's story which I posted on the enneagram subreddit a few days ago with a little incident added in the end (was quite common back in the days doesn't happen that much now a days)
r/MbtiTypeMe - Type ME
How the fuck Ni and Se end up in Top together. And it's just not this test it has happened quite a lot with other tests as well.

A little more background.
I was physically quite weak as a kid so I had to stay away from physical conflicts but in the heat of moments I got into fights with way stronger kids and ended up getting hurt badly which I thought needed to change but I spent most of my time studying or just goofing around so that didn't happen up until I turned 18 (now 21) when I got way more serious about taking care of myself no matter what ( even though I have alright parents ) so I started taking MMA classes for physical defense and offence and I also started running a freelance software consultancy in the side with my uni for financial independence which I won't be doing after uni as I have got bigger plans which are not relevant to this discussion.
More Detailed Background

---- Childhood
More or less a happy childhood. Parents were quite tough on me about education and good grades but that never bothered me as I never had to work really hard or anything I was quite good academically and I took painting classes since I was 3 fucking yrs old so unintentionally I am quite good at that too but other than that I sucked at damn near everything which required physical work or hard work per se and I was also diagnosed with ADHD with autistic tendencies and GOD I had bad meltdowns, my mother tells me I used to scratch my cheeks until they bled and bang my head on walls so she had to stay vigilant all the time and she herself was close to having a meltdown herself, LOL. Yeah, one more thing, I was very reckless as a kid ( most likely because of ADHD ) so I have stitch marks and cut marks all over my body.
---- Adolescence and Teenage (till 16)
Stormy to say the least. I was angry all the time but at the same time I wanted to be liked but hated it when someone actually liked me, wanted to be loved but hated it when someone actually loved me. This is the time when I developed the burning hatred for anyone that looked down on me. This is the time when I got way more ambitious then I ever was and started hating academics and saw it as something that is stopping me from achieving what I can. I also started hating my parents (hardy fucking har har every fucking teenager does this). My ADHD also got quite worse, I wasn't able to focus on shit. My grades never dropped but I didn't give a shit anymore as I was learning programming on the side not because I liked it or anything but I saw it as a potential source of income in future but it is never something I wanted to do full time. Approaching 16 I was witnessing a shift of sorts which started to take place as I became very introverted and reflective and started questioning the meaning of things and I was also questioning my own motivations for life and other pursuits and I wasn't getting any convincing answers and I was raised catholic but never really gave a shit but went to mass till I was 12 and stopped after that as a sort of rebellion ( never got in a debate about existence of GOD as that wasn't important to me, the thing that was important to me was that it didn't make any sense doing it so I won't do it ) so religious answers were out of the fucking table. So, I got into philosophy and started reading like a DOG, schopenhauer, Nietzsche, the school of stoicism,carl jung, karl marx, heidegger, dostoyevsky (learnt russian to read it in russian, got quite well in russian but still struggle to read dostoyevsky in russian), gautam buddha, lao tzu, sun tzu, musashi (my favourite) and pretty much everything that I was able to get my hands on but one field stuck and that was "CONSCIOUSNESS" (not going to discuss it as it not relevant to the discussion) but in the end I didn't find any answer from anyone or anything.......

---- 16 to 18
........and to top it off my academics had taken a back seat during this little pursuit of mine and for the first fucking time I got something other than straight A's (some A's some B's and even a goddamn C) but that didn't bother me as much as the lack of answers in any field, be it science , be it philosophy, be it sociology or be it any goddamn thing there was as I read about anything and everything and at the end of the day the answer was we don't know anything and this took quite a toll on me and not some light toll but quite a heavy one, so heavy in fact that I even started contemplating suicide and for the first time in my life I started feeling something that I didn't even know I was capable of - depression with frequent episodes of crying alone. This continued for a year and a half but all the while fading in intensity as I started to get calm, more calm than I ever was. I don't know how it happened or why it happened but my nihilism of this period gave birth to something amazing - power to stand in front of hopelessness and to keep walking and it was not some sort of philosophical conclusion I reached, I felt it in my bones, I felt it in my body. It was like all the anxiety of adolescence, all the playfulness of childhood, all my values I used to have were all gone and the only thing I was left with was a sheer intensity for life and a sense that nothing else ever mattered except for survival. It sounds like Nietzsche's concept of active nihilism or a pursuit of becoming ubermensch but it's not that as I hated the concept as it seemed like a cheap way to get out of a complex problem just like camus tries convince everyone that sisypus was happy, never liked these solutions.

---- 18 to now
I have always been quite ambitious but that was because I used to believe ambition was a good thing. It was like a value for me but now I feel it in my bones, I feel it in my fucking body, a carnal will to dominate and transcend, something that I have never felt was inside of me. I wouldn't call it passion as it's way more intense. To describe it in its most ideal sense it is a desire to become a godlike being that can bend anything to his will. Again it is not a belief - this desire it's more like a fucking sensation that goes through my body which I don't think I can explain in words.
Some random details about me :-
  1. Never got into social media, never had anything to share almost felt like forced work
  2. Liked the idea of being in a relationship but when in one, I found them plain boring.
  3. Hate for anyone that tries to pry into my personal life, I am not antisocial but I am very private ( social but private if that makes sense )
  4. Hurt people without intending to ( working on that )
One more incident that I am not really fond of :-
There was this friend of mine who played chess from childhood and used to talk about it with passion and at length and I have this weird need to be the most passionate and when someone out does me I get really annoyed, I don’t show it but it does happen.
He was alright I guess something like 1800-1900 elo at chess.com. Then just to make him feel like shit I learnt chess like a dog for 6 months and crossed 1700 and in the next 3 months crossed 2000 and then I defeated him in many games while constantly badmouthing chess and saying how pathetic this game is and how any stupid dipshit can play this stupid game and how he is just an idiot to give this stupid game so much importance in his life.
Well to say the least we are not friends anymore and the worse thing is I fucking enjoyed this entire thing. And this kind of behavior is nothing new for me.

ONE MORE LITTLE DETAIL :
I have a tendency of falling into very very unproductive periods when I do nothing other than play video games or just bike around the fucking city and during these times I am almost unaware of the future or try really hard not to think about it. Normally I think about having HUGE things in future but during these times I am just OUT OF TOUCH WITH ANYTHING.
That's all I can think of right now so help me out if you can. Thanks a FUCKTON if you read this entire thing.

If it helps I am 8w7 sx/sp

·
Registered
INFJ 1w2, 2w1, 5w4 Sx/So
2,189 Posts
I can type you with my own test, only 4 questions:

1. When things go wrong, some problem or unknown situation emerges, do you retreat and seek the solution in yourself (introspection), or the solution is in others?
2. Do you prefer to leave the options open or come immediately with a decision?
3. Do you spend more time experiencing the sensory surroundings vs overthinking possibilities. Eg. being in a moment vs envisioning scenarios?
4. Would you say your preference for understanding individuals (who) vs understanding logic/abstract rules (what)? Equivalently: Managing systems or people?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can type you with my own test, only 4 questions:

1. When things go wrong, some problem or unknown situation emerges, do you retreat and seek the solution in yourself (introspection), or the solution is in others?
2. Do you prefer to leave the options open or come immediately with a decision?
3. Do you spend more time experiencing the sensory surroundings vs overthinking possibilities. Eg. being in a moment vs envisioning scenarios?
4. Would you say your preference for understanding individuals (who) vs understanding logic/abstract rules (what)? Equivalently: Managing systems or people?
1. Retreat and seek the solution "by" myself and I don't really dwell much on what I did wrong.
2. I come up with a goal followed by a loose plan which I know is bound to change so adapt as opportunities arise but I keep my sense of direction intact all the time.
3. It goes hand in hand. I envision how I am going to have fun trekking or how I am going to purchase some big new shiny thing or how I am going to become really good at something and then I start working on it without wasting time on the specificities of how I am going to accomplish that. As I have found immersion is the best way of learning for me.
4. Preferance : Obviously anything without any humans any fucking day of the week but that is not ideal if you are an entrepreneur so I guess I manage people a lot on a daily basis and through the virtue of that I have gotten quite good at that too but no it's never my preference to deal with people.

·
Registered
INFJ 1w2, 2w1, 5w4 Sx/So
2,189 Posts
1. Retreat and seek the solution "by" myself and I don't really dwell much on what I did wrong.
2. I come up with a goal followed by a loose plan which I know is bound to change so adapt as opportunities arise but I keep my sense of direction intact all the time.
3. It goes hand in hand. I envision how I am going to have fun trekking or how I am going to purchase some big new shiny thing or how I am going to become really good at something and then I start working on it without wasting time on the specificities of how I am going to accomplish that. As I have found immersion is the best way of learning for me.
4. Preferance : Obviously anything without any humans any fucking day of the week but that is not ideal if you are an entrepreneur so I guess I manage people a lot on a daily basis and through the virtue of that I have gotten quite good at that too but no it's never my preference to deal with people.
So it’s INTJ? Also what your cognitive functions say.

·
Registered
INFJ 1w2, 2w1, 5w4 Sx/So
2,189 Posts
I am the farthest thing from an introvert and I am quite high on Se how can I be an INTJ. Aren't INTJs like broody, thoughtful individuals who really care about stuff and all that. I am more of a high octane "Action speaks for itself" kind of guy.
Well, this is your test score, also according to your cognitive functions test.

My own is much less precise, depends on you being very accurate.

Dominant Ni is extremely difficult to type accurately.

In general it’s difficult to type dominant: Se, Si, Ne, Ni.

Seems like 100% T user.

You can try again with same questions, write both first and second impressions?

·
Registered
Good ol' 946
879 Posts
Well, this is your test score, also according to your cognitive functions test.

My own is much less precise, depends on you being very accurate.

Dominant Ni is extremely difficult to type accurately.

In general it’s difficult to type dominant: Se, Si, Ne, Ni.

Seems like 100% T user.

You can try again with same questions, write both first and second impressions?
Would it be alright if you typed me in your system?

1. I'd say split but I guess initially i'd try to find someone who could help me with the problem.
2. I like having options open until I find the 'one' option that feels correct, then I charge at it.
3. I'd say it's more natural for me to just experience the world around me and go with the flow, overthinking is something I learned as a teenager.
4. I'd say systems are easier for me, once you understand them they can't throw you a cruveball, but people are like an out of control hose.

·
Registered
INFJ 1w2, 2w1, 5w4 Sx/So
2,189 Posts
Would it be alright if you typed me in your system?

1. I'd say split but I guess initially i'd try to find someone who could help me with the problem.
2. I like having options open until I find the 'one' option that feels correct, then I charge at it.
3. I'd say it's more natural for me to just experience the world around me and go with the flow, overthinking is something I learned as a teenager.
4. I'd say systems are easier for me, once you understand them they can't throw you a cruveball, but people are like an out of control hose.
It’s ESTP according to these answers.
1 is looking inward or extroverted dominant (E/I), 2 is P or J, 3 S or N, 4 is T or F user.

Reactions: Angry-Spaghetti

·
Registered
40 Posts
Clearly an xNTJ.

·
Registered
INFJ 1w2, 2w1, 5w4 Sx/So
2,189 Posts
Entp could be confused between being introverted and extroverted, it’s the “most introverted extrovert”.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Entp could be confused between being introverted and extroverted, it’s the “most introverted extrovert”.
Yeah I am an ENTP ambivert, like I am sometimes quiet and lonely, other times I have lots of homies, roast people, and nerd up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts