Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?

-Achieving my goals, more specifically, achieving greatness. Being recognized for my talents and abilities.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?

-I hope to accomplish greatness. I want to have a core set of beliefs and know "truth." I want to fight for truth, to advocate what is right. I hope to find someone I love, someone who makes me happy and loves me unconditionally to stand by me and serve as an outlet for my deep emotional core.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?

-I want to be avoid being passive, I want to take great action. I want to avoid idleness. I want to spend every single day gaining, improving, rising. I want to take an active role in the moral and intellectual development of my children. Ambition is the highest human virtue in my opinion, and I plan on being recognizably virtuous.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?

-Well, not achieving my goals does not even have to be noted. One of my biggest fears is being in a rut...being without direction, without any goals, without any ambitions. Being a vegetable comes to mind. I believe strongly that it is the human calling to achieve. To improve. To seek a heaven on Earth. To be without movement would render me useless, unworthy of human life.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?

-I want others to see me as strong, intelligent, well-spoken, quick, insightful, prophetic, witty, ambitious, and passionate. I want them to see me as an advocate for truth, a link to the heavens. I want them to see me at the forefront of the battle, not armed with swords or shields, but with words. I want them to be intimidated by my presence and to fear me in debate. Personally, I believe that I am many of these things, but I have great doubts about the true nature of my abilities. Everyday, I need to prove to myself that I am these things by developing powerful insights and arguments, concise descriptions, and quips.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?

-I feel my best when I have not only been sought out for my judgement and insight, but when I deliver it effortlessly. When I provide direction to others and I am able to explain something to them simply, concisely, but with great meaning. I love putting something powerfully meaningful into simple terms. For someone to say that it was brilliant in response would be the icing on the cake. But, someone calling me "brilliant" means nothing if I have not met my own standards. I feel my worst when I have gained nothing during the day, even worse if I have lost something. Or when I am put on the spot to deliver insight or judgement and have trouble doing so. Feeling unattractive is another thing which can bring me down low. I also am brought down when I have relied on others, and they have failed me. It doesn't demonstrate their incompetence, but my short-sighted, stupid willingness to believe that others can perform at my standards.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.

-A)I experience anger powerfully. It is an emotion I have great difficult controlling and I often have sudden outbursts of frustration and indignation. I often lash out at others when I am under the grip of anger and while I believe everything I say when under this emotion, I always regret it afterwards. Small, trivial things can make me extremely angry. The bigger things seem to get a calm, incisive response from me.
B) Shame. I don't really know how I experience this. It is typically internal; I wouldn't give voice to shame. When I make mistakes I often experience it, but it is never voiced. I am very uncomfortable saying that I am ashamed of myself in anyway.
C) Anxiety. Hmmmm...I suffer from social anxiety. I get anxious when I am in the presence of people I do not know. I also get anxious while waiting for something. I am extremely impatient.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.

A) Stress comes when I have taken on too much and cannot handle everything. It arises when there are so many tasks which I must complete and I have no sense of direction because I feel that all of them are equally important. When under stress, I recoil. I stand apathetically in front of 7 different paths and see no differences between them. I feel inept. Passive.
B) I do not react well to unexpected change, but who does? I am not overly rigid about plans or schedules and can be flexible, but I prefer to do things as was agreed upon. I react violently when someone cancels on plans that I put a lot of effort into making.
C) It depends upon the person. If I feel that person would have the upper-hand in a fight, I back away. Most of the time, I embrace conflict. I am ready to fight or argue because I have such a well-thought-out position. I don't mind criticism. It is often not true and it gives me the opportunity to be witty and biting. If it is, I listen intently and change.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?

A) I am pretty skeptical of authority, unless I am the authority. I don't believe anyone handles power and judgement as well as I, and I feel that most in positions of power do injustice to their office.
B) I view power the same way that I do authority. I don't want anyone to have power over me, but I feel that I would be the perfect person to have power over others because I am objective and will do the right thing.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?

-Life is a gift. Living on the Earth is a remarkable experience and improving one's life is a person's highest calling. I want to become worthy of it. Humanity is a brilliant flash in the history of the universe. Most people are stupid, short-sighted and evil, but deep down I believe that man is truly good.

OPTIONAL QUESTIONS

Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.

-I am only 18 and haven't gone through any major struggles. I guess when I didn't get accepted to the school of my dreams. I lashed out, cried, and I just FELT so many things. Then I got into my second-choice and felt better.

Comment on your relationship with trust.

-I don't know if I have a relationship with it. I am fairly trusting.

List some of the traits you: a) like; b) dislike most about yourself.
A) See Question #5
B) I dislike my tendency to doubt myself, my beliefs, and others. I also dislike I can get so carried away by my anger that I hurt things and others.

What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?

-I understand the motivations of others quite easily. I understand why people do things, which is why I don't really have a need for trust. I analyze people often and thoroughly enjoy this. I always amaze myself with my ability to know exactly why someone did something. I also notice their strengths, despite their flaws. I love encouraging self-actualization.

If a stranger insults you, how do you respond/feel? What if they compliment you?

-If a stranger insults me it is of no concern because they are of no value to me. If I am complimented by a stranger, it feels very good, but it also depends. That someone who does not know me at all can recognize my talents or abilities is very exciting to me. It shows me that I am keeping with my standards.

What's something you are: a) thankful you have; b) wish you could have? Why?

A) I am thankful for my drive, my ambition, and my ability to understand and fight for what is right. These will allow me to achieve my ideals.
B) I wish I had more temperance and clarity of thought. Sometimes I am carried away by my passions, and overlook something so clear and simple.

Thanks!

·
Banned
16 Posts
Why would you say 3w2 as opposed to 3w4?
I see why you would say 358 in general, but how do you justify those wings?
w2 because the theme throughout your response seemed to be centralized around culturally-accepted factors of success rather than carving your own unique niche in the world / pursuing your own unique vision or perception of what success means. That strikes me as more w2 than w4. You also seem to be more people-oriented and presentation-oriented which also strikes me as the more extraverted and flirtatious variant (w4).

I chose w4 for the 5 because 5w6s seem to embody a more objective / scientific approach to knowledge -- whereas you seem to have your own unique idea of what knowledge is / you understand and see things but don't truly understand why. A 5w6 would understand why because they've experimented / reached out to tangible sources of information. The essence I got from your response was of the 4 variant.

I chose 8w7 because your entire response is really expansive, aggressive, and energy-rich. 8w9 is more of a home-body and seeks harmony and peace where they can acquire it, more interested in maintaining and preserving than expanding and conquering. I saw themes of wanting to acquire more, feeling like you're missing out, and wanting to experience more. These are 7 qualities and your flavor of 8 seems to be of the more dominant than defensive type.

I hope these made sense.

By the way, if you have a couple minutes to spare, would you mind giving my thread a shot?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
w2 because the theme throughout your response seemed to be centralized around culturally-accepted factors of success rather than carving your own unique niche in the world / pursuing your own unique vision or perception of what success means. That strikes me as more w2 than w4. You also seem to be more people-oriented and presentation-oriented which also strikes me as the more extraverted and flirtatious variant (w4).

I made another thread a while back and covered my "goals" and "ambitions" with greater depth. I have very strong feelings about not being what "they" (society) wants me to be, but what "I" want to be. I want to build my own heaven on Earth. But, I do want to be great....that's what confuses me about myself. :/ I do not need the approval of others, but I want to be great. I always thought I was more of a 4 wing simply because I will not alter myself according to societal standards. I establish my own. Other than that, I'll check your thread out and I understand the other wings! Thanks so much for taking the time to read this! The tritype seems right and I particularly liked your reasoning for 8w7.

·
Banned
16 Posts

I made another thread a while back and covered my "goals" and "ambitions" with greater depth. I have very strong feelings about not being what "they" (society) wants me to be, but what "I" want to be. I want to build my own heaven on Earth. But, I do want to be great....that's what confuses me about myself. :/ I do not need the approval of others, but I want to be great. I always thought I was more of a 4 wing simply because I will not alter myself according to societal standards. I establish my own. Other than that, I'll check your thread out and I understand the other wings! Thanks so much for taking the time to read this! The tritype seems right and I particularly liked your reasoning for 8w7.
A fantastic example of a 3w4 is the character Don Draper from Mad Men, if you've ever seen it. If you haven't, watch a few episodes -- if you truly identify with the 3w4 you will like his persona, I think he embodies it.

I can see your reasoning for that -- you know yourself best in the end. I wasn't 100% set on 3w2 over 3w4.

One thing I've noticed about 3w4s vs 3w2s is 3w2s tend to have less problem adapting to the status quo and prefer to stand out in a crowd by fitting in and excelling within the bounds of that societal structure. 3w4s will tend to avoid these things like wildfire -- they also tend to be more distant from others and like to reach their success behind closed doors. They like the idea of "dark charisma" and tend to be more mysterious and abstract than open and charming.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let me be more precise in terms. I need the recognition of others, their recognition of my greatness, my intelligence, my strength of insight and wit, but I do not need them to approve of me. (Whether or not the aforementioned qualities are actually as strong as they appear to be is another story.) They can condemn me...so long as they fear doing so. They can disapprove of my beliefs and style, but they should not be able to deny the strength with which I fight for it. But, I also have my own standards. I must perform at the level I have established for myself. Awards, trophies, and compliments mean nothing to me if I feel a substandard product has been produced by me. Oddly, it always seems to be substandard. Also, just watched a short clip and the Don Draper persona seems to be pretty rad.

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
Let me be more precise in terms. I need the recognition of others, their recognition of my greatness, my intelligence, my strength of insight and wit, but I do not need them to approve of me. (Whether or not the aforementioned qualities are actually as strong as they appear to be is another story.) They can condemn me...so long as they fear doing so. They can disapprove of my beliefs and style, but they should not be able to deny the strength with which I fight for it. But, I also have my own standards. I must perform at the level I have established for myself. Awards, trophies, and compliments mean nothing to me if I feel a substandard product has been produced by me. Oddly, it always seems to be substandard. Also, just watched a short clip and the Don Draper persona seems to be pretty rad.
I thought about 3 as well, but this post is along my line of thought about your type. I see you as a 1w2 since your performance seems to be rooted in personal values and not in others perception of it.

As for tritype, I see a clear 3 fix, and then for head my best guess is 7 atm.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts