Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leaves' Sticky questionnaire

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I'm an imbalanced type, and what compelled me to fill this out was the uncertainty regarding my preference for Te/Fi or Ti/Fe.

I feel fairly confident that I'm Ni/Se, but I'm not completely sure. Fe/Fi is the hardest distinction for me to determine, with Te/Ti coming right after that.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Finding the right career is pretty important for me. It wouldn't be inaccurate to claim that I obsess over possible routes and their long-term pros and cons fairly often. I'd like to become an expert in whatever field I establish myself in, and I think that this would be the best way to garner some respect for myself, compensating for the long-term lack of respect I've had growing up, primarily coming from my (SJ) parents.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I had to do an advertising project for a communications class. I'm normally not one to take the lead, but I ended up in that role because everybody else was nonchalant for two weeks and, well, I didn't want an F or to experience the humiliation of a terrible presentation, so I took the lead. I brainstormed some ideas for a while, finally decided on an idea, and managed the group as we went. To save you all the details, it came out great and my group got an A. Aside from the majority of the work being on my shoulders, I was surprised at how effectively I got the group mobilized and efficiently working when faced with an imminent deadline.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
- Social situations. I have a hard time relating to a lot of people.
- My inability to flirt. I don't understand how to wield it, and I think it's a bunch of bullshit frankly.
- Trying my best and getting a poor result.
- Being physically clumsy by nature.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
- Immediate and long-term implications of a decision
- Whether a decision is necessary or not
- Pros and cons
- Whether a decision matches or conflicts with what I value.
- How a decision affects others.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome? In a group, I'll voice my thoughts if I see a better way of going about a particular aspect of the project. Not necessarily (when in a group), but it's nice sometimes. I definitely take pride in my work, and enjoy tweaking a project as close as I can to perfection when working individually.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I had to go to San Francisco around seven years ago for a relative's wedding and that was pretty awesome. My parents don't tend to do much else aside from sitting around a pool baking in the sun while on vacation, and it was nice to explore a big city for once. The impact was much greater I think because I was only 14 at the time. My memory of it fairly good.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
It really depends.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Eh, somewhat organized.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
Both. I look for information that supports it to decide if it's potentially worth investigating, and then I'll try to understand the principles behind it.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself? Following what I believe and being myself.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
Think before speaking. But, if I'm under stress I tend to speak before thinking. I prefer one-on-one communication as it is much less over-stimulating.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I do both, but my natural preference is to know what I'm getting into.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Well, I don't really watch TV as it tends to be too mindless. I'd choose to go out with my friends if I didn't have any obligations or if I wasn't doing anything productive. Otherwise, I'd tell them I've got stuff going on, and ask if I can get together with them at a future point in time in which I'm available.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I get emotional and impulsive.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
- Recklessness
- Lacking the ability to think critically.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
- Computers
- Music
- Politics
- History

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?
Stuff like letting myself go and enjoying the moment. I'm always working on something, whether it's understanding an idea, or meeting a goal.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality?
I don't really know.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

-
Read.
- Take some landscape shots with my camera.
- Hang out with a friend.
- Go running.

Normally, I'd probably read, play some video games, and hang out with friends at some point of the day.

·
MOTM August 2012
3,467 Posts
The humilation thing was interesting to me. Do these kinds of issues normally affect how you approach things? Not wanting to be seen as something by people?

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
Strong infj vibe initially, and after I finished reading.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
Yea I think so too. Especially the part about taking pics of landscapes as a way of relief, that's something I find myself doing.
I hate to admit this, but even the member name and avatar before I started reading seemed infj.. after I started reading it also confirmed what I thought.

Reactions: parallel

·
Registered
INTP 648 tritype The Truth Teller sx~so
1,476 Posts
I've understood that many INFJs consider being NTs. I still don't know if it's ENFJ or INFJ for me but I thought being NT when I found out about MBTI.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I've figured in the past I'm probably INFJ, but there is this persistent doubt churning in the back of my mind that I can't get rid of. My good friends are NF (There is that magnetic attraction present between ENFP's and I too, giving more weight to my type being INFJ), but the communication is never really truly satisfying. I refrain from expressing myself amongst most people; as soon as I reveal who I am underneath the facade, people tend to tune out, even friends. Being that it tends to almost always happen, I tend to act fake in order to protect my core (probably the aux Fe at work here). Once I'm alone and am able to reflect, I feel a subtle sense of disgust with myself. It really bothers me that I don't have a group of friends that I can identify with, and I think the lack of Fe support is most likely what is underlying this doubt as I'm mainly operating in a Ni-Ti loop, therefore believing myself to be 'T'. It has been this way for a long time...(yeah, I think that I definitely answered my own question /facepalm).

Thoughts? Oh, and thanks for taking the time to read and respond. I appreciate it.

Edit: Adding to the thought that I give more weight to T than F, the 'hidden agenda' for INFp's in Socionics is 'to understand', so I suppose that's partially why I have felt inclined to believe I'm NT. I'm inclined to get immersed in a variety of subjects. I learned of that recently, and I figured mentioning that would help somebody else lost out there who is reading this thread.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The humilation thing was interesting to me. Do these kinds of issues normally affect how you approach things? Not wanting to be seen as something by people?
Having a lot of anxiety, I believe, has much to do with it. I wish to avoid feelings of inferiority primarily, and yes, appearing inferior at times, but not always. I can admit I'm wrong and such.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts