Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many thanks in advance. Optional coming soon.

Main Questions

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?
Honestly? Getting through the day so I can come home to relax or smoke. I don’t give much thought to the soon future (to me this is 1-3 years), but very far away thoughts. I often wonder what the rest of my time on this earth will entail such as, “What will being 30 be like?” “Will I even live that long?” I am very curious about “conspiracies”, I really enjoy documentaries that enlighten me on events that might be really going on. It gives me something to ponder over. I feel very drawn to “end times” (I secretly hope I get to witness it... *not in the sense of mass terror, more so mass enlightenment of “big brother” and change.)

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
Not anything I would think is out of the ordinary. I hope to have at least 1 child. I am determined to succeed in getting an education in psychology, and making something of myself. I wish I could get lucky with one of my hobbies, and make some extra cash doing something I love.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
The same thing I am now. Being broke, with way to many standards of living. Not to be materialistic, but I would love to be able to pursue certain things in life without constant financial worries. I would love to be able to have the money to take a trip to the beach, or hell the zoo. I want to be able to at some point buy a nice car that has more than 19mpg. Haha. Hell I’d love to be a homeowner at some point in my life. Not achieve at least some of those things would be rather disappointing.
Values. Being Honest. Being as Open-minded as possible. Yes I believe in aliens . I also believe there is truth in some “super powers” telepathy. Psychic abilities.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
My Mother dying. My lover dying. Being cheated on, or betrayed. Feeling alone. Being alone. Being misunderstood, when I feel very passionate about something. Having to face social anxieties in a very uncomfortable way. (Having to talk to large groups to whom I hardly know.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
I want others to really not see me.. I want to be someone that’s leaned upon when times get rough, but not much in between. I need a lot of space from others or I get burnt out. (Getting close to Coworkers is really hard to deal with. I love people at first, but I want to get the hell away after a month or so.. on to the next.. cause you have just smothered me to death!) I want people to see me as a nice pretty girl, that never seems to let anyone down, yet you really don’t know anything about me. I see myself as considerate, helpful and generally happy/nice at the outward glance.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
I love learning a new hobby. Finding a really neat show that has a lot of seasons to enjoy is the bee's knees ;)! Making things that others find interesting or cute.. I really enjoy getting creative waves of thought, having the light bulb come on over something I hadn’t figure out yet.
Feeling bored is probably the worst. Not being able to talk about certain emotions or thoughts is also no fun for me. Being around very close minded people is very draining to me especially if I can’t escape the situation (Christmas isn’t always the best haha.)

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
Anger: Builds up in waves. 3 or 4 issues in, I start to react a bit. About the 6-7th problem, I’m probably going to lash out and tell you about it, or vent to someone pretty intensely.
Shame: I don’t carry shame to well. I feel very tense and well stupid. (I am taking Shame as “I have done something I don’t want to admit, but everyone knows it.”) It is very hard for me to apologize for doing something wrong because I feel so ashamed and I don’t want to bring light to it any further.
Anxiety: When my Lover (I hate boyfriend lol) goes out to the store…and takes a bit longer than usual. I panic. I have anxiety attacks that something dreadful has happened, such as a car accident. When my Mom fails to answer about 5 phone calls. I get weird feelings when I’m calling her sometimes, and I tend to send myself into a panic. Afraid something has happened. Social anxiety is a pretty big issue for me. It keeps me from wanting to enjoy life sometimes.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
Stress: Depends whether its work or personal. Work, I usually don’t fret too badly. Most things can be fixed. Personally, I usually start to lash out after much stress.
Change: Depends. When I have been looking forward to having something and the plans change, I can get pretty upset/overwhelmed. If I’ve been craving Chinese all day and plan to go, and things change, I get slightly upset, but that depends on why the situation changed. Other times, I love change. I would love to “job hop” if I could. I get to bored with the same old things.
Conflict: Violence makes me a terrible mess. It makes me scared, and violent back. Arguing and feeling the argument is spinning out of control is really scary for me. Debating, is just fun till someone feels hurt hehe.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?
Authority: See the uses, but generally hate the feeling of being controlled because so much of this world is corrupt. (Like the fact that I enjoy smoking pot on occasion after work to calm down and distress.) I typically respond accordingly. If I get pulled over, I am very polite, but I have a deep seeded hatred of being hassled by someone who shouldn’t have any authority over me, seeing they are human.
Power: See Authority. I am very bad in Power positions, I tend to get an ego.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
Aggg this is getting tiring haha! I didn’t think it would! – I feel like most people have good intentions and morals. I think a lot of people are blind to some things going on around them (Farm Factories, Dt. Soda, ChemTrails, Aliens, Supernatural things, Government Secrecy, etc.) I hope that some of us wake up and start to do something to better the earth other than recycling. I wish that people could realize how much crap in the news is a bunch of lies for the most part, or better yet, not lies… but brainwashing to hide the real news in the world.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I think your core type is 5w6, 4w3 as your heart fix and 1w9 as your gut fix. Sp/Sx

Reactions: Liontiger

·
MOTM January 2013
10,631 Posts
These statements are very suggestive of counterphobic 6w7 core. SP/SX

I want people to see me as a nice pretty girl, that never seems to let anyone down, yet you really don’t know anything about me. I see myself as considerate, helpful and generally happy/nice at the outward glance.
When my Lover (I hate boyfriend lol) goes out to the store…and takes a bit longer than usual. I panic. I have anxiety attacks that something dreadful has happened, such as a car accident. When my Mom fails to answer about 5 phone calls. I get weird feelings when I’m calling her sometimes, and I tend to send myself into a panic. Afraid something has happened. Social anxiety is a pretty big issue for me. It keeps me from wanting to enjoy life sometimes.
If I get pulled over, I am very polite, but I have a deep seeded hatred of being hassled by someone who shouldn’t have any authority over me, seeing they are human.
Personally, I usually start to lash out after much stress.
I think a lot of people are blind to some things going on around them
One more question. How easily do you trust others?

And read these descriptions

http://personalitycafe.com/type-6-forum-loyalist/8554-overview-six-its-wings.html

http://personalitycafe.com/type-6-forum-loyalist/73144-enneagram-type-6-proper-description.html

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much for the response. That actually has enlightened me on why I am so very contradicting.

I trust very few people in my life fully. My mother is probably the only person I truly trust, but she is a very close minded individual, so its hard to truly bounce ideas to her without them being squashed. When I'm in need of anything she is always there. Alas it takes a few hours/days to let the advice she gives me to settle in, for me to accept what she is saying.

The only other person(s) I trust is my spouse, but not to the extent of my mother. This I'm sure is due to the fact that I only stay in relationships to a certain point (so far in my life.)

Would this have anything to do with why I always pick polar opposites in relationships. (Ex: My most recent ex. We had a very friendship based relationship, not much sexual chemistry. My current boyfriend is the polar opposite.)

Is this also why I never feel satisfied? In relationships there is always an "Issue" for me. Whether the person isn't being attentive enough, or this or that. I am very critical, and usually very unhappy regardless what my partner does.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Type 6 is probably right for you. I became a bit too confident and ambitious with typing, hence my previous post. But you seem quite withdrawn and suspicious, so you might as well consider 6w5.

Reactions: mushr00m
1 - 5 of 5 Posts