Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What music does your type listen to?

Many people like to think that your music taste has nothing to do with your personality, but it actually has a lot to do with it. And this is coming from someone who has spent years on the internet and countless hours observing people and has almost perfectly guessed people's music tastes, just based on their personality.

You can take my word for it, I'm an INTJ. ;)

After this, if I get enough comments, I'll make another post listing your type with what music your type listens to and see if it turns out right.
Like this:

ENTJ: -genres this type generally likes-
ESFP -genres this type generally likes-

So, just comment with what your type is and what music genres you like the most! I'll start.
INTJ: Heavy Metal, Experimental, Hip-Hop

·
Banned
5,314 Posts
INTJ: Rock, Jazz, Blues, Indie-Pop

Reactions: Poindexter

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
I'd like to see you prove your claim and accurately guess my music tastes. I'm an ESTJ.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
I'd like to see you prove your claim and accurately guess my music tastes. I'm an ESTJ.
All genres of music have always existed, so I can see the theory's merit. I mean, can't you see Thomas Jefferson jamming on his ipod to a little hiphop? Or George Washington enjoying a little reggae?

Git wid it, gurl.

;)

·
Registered
INTP
1,752 Posts
All genres of music have always existed, so I can see the theory's merit. I mean, can't you see Thomas Jefferson jamming on his ipod to a little hiphop? Or George Washington enjoying a little reggae?

Git wid it, gurl.

;)
Can't forget John Adams and his addiction to headbanging heavy metal!

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
I can be picky about my music, but I'll listen to every genre.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I used to listen to anything: IDM, breakcore, doom metal, catchy pop songs, hip-hop, etc.

Now, I barely listen to any music at all, but when I do, it's only to soul, swing music, or film scores. I think it's pretty typical for an ESFJ because film scores appeal to our Si (nostalgia), and soul appeals to our Fe (emotional projection).

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
To the extent that correlation might exist, I feel fairly sure in saying it's not going to be at the surface level of genre. So much depends on what a person is exposed to, especially when young, and what they happen to focus on in songs... in addition to that, my preference is not to think of musical taste in terms of genre (my appreciation isn't for the style of music itself, even if my tastes with regard to songs I like do happen to favour songs from some genres vastly more than from others).

last.fm's opinion of the genres I listen to most: "rock, indie, pop, alternative, and 80s". Those are very broad "super-genres", not exactly incorrect but not really establishing much either...

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
INTP.

Based on my favorite music (bands/artists), I've collected a few genres I think must be my favorites.
1. Neue Deutsche Härte (Rammstein, Eisbrecher, Megaherz...)
2. Death/Doom/Black/Heavy Metal (Death, My Dying Bride, Sabaton, Cannibal Corpse, Hate, Dimmu Borgir, Advent Sorrow, Megadeth, Skid Row, Eternal Tears of Sorrow...)
3. Techno-pop (not really sure??? ...t.A.T.u.) AND Classical (Beethoven...)

In that order.
I'll listen to other genres too, but these are my favorites.

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
INTJ and I like at least one piece of music/song from every genre I've heard (including soundtracks). I find it funny people are very accepting when I talk about enjoying classical music, but look surprised when I say I enjoy Metal.

·
Registered
13 Posts
INTJ
I find that there is a song to like in every genre, for me.
However, most of the songs I enjoy listening to tend to be EDM (and other electronic/techno types of songs), alternative rock, and indie rock. Other genres that I listen to are metal, emo, new age, and classical.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think you'd listen to/prefer music that is a bit complex, strong, and not normally mainstream.

I could be completely wrong, because I've never tried with an ESTJ, but I guess I'll see.

·
Registered
618 Posts
INFP - IDM, Glitch, Goa/Psytrance, Drum and Bass, (Liquid) Dubstep, Future Garage, Chill-Out, Ambient, Nu-Jazz, Minimal, Deep House, Trip Hop etc.

There, have fun

1 - 20 of 31 Posts