Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
And who would you keep away from?
Probably from Melissa , because people like her are not aware of the fact that when someone wants to makes them happy, it is because they like them. And that when someone gives compliments to another person, this is an obvious sign that they like them very much and appreciate them.
People like her are likely to break the hearts of people who love her.

As to his vibes... I do not have a favorite MBTI type, but basically, I like the INFP more than an average MBTI type, because their energy often calms and uplifts their friends, and because they combine kindness and intelligence. :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
If I had to guess, I would say:
Humberto: ISFP Type 4w3 or 9w1?
Imelda: ENTP Type 7w8
Jerry: ESFJ Type 2w3 (Pretty unsure)
Karen: really?! ESTJ
Lorenzo: ENFP Type 7
Melissa: INFx Type I don’t really know
Nestor: Some Ixxx, but not ISTP, maybe INxx

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Probably from Melissa , because people like her are not aware of the fact that when someone wants to makes them happy, it is because they like them. And that when someone gives compliments to another person, this is an obvious sign that they like them very much and appreciate them.
People like her are likely to break the hearts of people who love her.

As to his vibes... I do not have a favorite MBTI type, but basically, I like the INFP more than an average MBTI type, because their energy often calms and uplifts their friends, and because they combine kindness and intelligence. :)
I see, well, I must agree that melissa would be a tough one hahahahahahahaha

well, I spoke to ppl on discord servers and humberto seems to be pretty popular....

Fun fact: There's another character (evil, manipulative, scheming) named Dorian who tries to manipulate Humberto into doing bad things just for his gains. Dorian, who is very large in size, pushes Humberto to do it (literally) but Humberto backs away refusing to do anything that goes against his moral values.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
If I had to guess, I would say:
Humberto: ISFP Type 4w3 or 9w1?
Imelda: ENTP Type 7w8
Jerry: ESFJ Type 2w3 (Pretty unsure)
Karen: really?! ESTJ
Lorenzo: ENFP Type 7
Melissa: INFx Type I don’t really know
Nestor: Some Ixxx, but not ISTP, maybe INxx
I see! Which ones do you seem most confident on and why?
And why is Karen really hahaha

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Locking yourself in a room with these people? Good luck with that.

You have to withstand 24 hours with them in a locked room.

You have food and drink, but no communication with the outer world.

Humberto: wants to read a poetry book or listen to sad music, but converses with anyone because he's approachable and friendly
Imelda: pesters Humberto to go off with her, she's so excited by him
Jerry: ditto, but Humberto outright refuses because he isn't gay
Karen: telling off everyone who makes a racket gets angry at Lorenzo wasting food
Lorenzo: yelling random Japanese phrases to everyone while trying to food fight, Humberto gets upset because he's wasting the food
Melissa: sleeping
Nestor: trying to fit in, eating the food Lorenzo threw around

-------------------

Lorenzo finds an unlimited supply of loo roll! Here's what happens:

Humberto: makes a pretty dress for Imelda with the loo roll because she asked him to
Imelda: tries to mummify Humberto, he finds it slightly amusing
Jerry: wants to wrap Humberto with loo roll for the aesthetic
Karen: complains
Lorenzo: paper maches the entire room with loo roll, pretends he's a mummy and plays loo roll fight with everyone in the room (well, attempts to)
Melissa: makes a blanket out of loo roll to sleep
Nestor: nothing

--------------------

To keep them from being bored, a supply of paint arrives! Here's what they do:

Humberto: paints an emotive, raw portrait of Imelda, actually turns out to be beautiful
Imelda: persuades Humberto to go shirtless so she could do bodypainting on him
Jerry: same as Imelda but Humberto outright refuses
Karen: tries to steal some of the paints for her children
Lorenzo: tries a failed game of paintball and messes up the room, and everyone
Melissa: sleeping!
Nestor: tries to watch the action

·
Registered
90 Posts
I see! Which ones do you seem most confident on and why?
And why is Karen really hahaha
Perhaps "You serious?" would be more appropriate. Because at first I thought they were real people. So I thought Karen was a real person who actually act like a Karen. That's why. Haha.

Humberto: He is pretty sure an Fi-dom, because of that emotional, individualitic and expressive aspect. Not quite sure if S or N, but I tend to N because of his athletic look. So I asumed a lil bit that he is active/ good in sport. You also stated that he is sensual. So that's why S over N. I first thought that he is defentely a 4, because of this emotional self-absorbtion, moodyness and expressivnes, but than I thought of 9, because "he would shower her with gifts" and hating shallow conversations but still tolerate them, but if I looked at it again, I'd say 4, not 9.

Imelda: Pretty sure. She is outgoing, random, surprising, an "idea generator" -> Ne. Ti over Fi because of the rudness. She can hurt others feelings. A 7 because of that energetic and fun-loving nature.

Jerry: ESFJ, because friendly, attention-seeking and normal :D 2w3 is not sure. I just assumed it more or less because of ESFJ.

Karen: I think the Karens are ESTJ. Assertive, aggressive, dominating, but concentrating on life details rather than the global picutre. I mean, speaking with the manager because of little shopping mistakes? Seriously? Haha. But then again, I'm just a conflict-avodent introvert.

Lorenzo: Quite similiar to Imelda. Ne because he is wearing mismatched clothing. ESFPs would be more aesthetic, I think. He is also childish and loves anime, so rather ENFP. He doesn't seem that aggressive or rude, that's why Fi. 7 again because of the fun-loving and optimistic nature.

Melissa: INxx, because she's so withdrawn. Also likes to read, so maybe rather INFx? I imagined her as someone who lies alone in her pijama at home between cuddly pillows in bed and prefers to read some books. But it could actually be another I-type, so I'm pretty unsure.

Nestor: I cannot judge this, because this is too little information for me. But since he seems to be quickly burned out, I assumed him to be an introvert. In addition, he can apparently not assert himself: "tries to get to the middle of the floor but people keep pushing him out, so doesn't bother after all". That's why I. But not ISTP, because ISTPs I think could assert themselfs better, e.g. pushing the others away.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Locking yourself in a room with these people? Good luck with that.

You have to withstand 24 hours with them in a locked room.

You have food and drink, but no communication with the outer world.

Humberto: wants to read a poetry book or listen to sad music, but converses with anyone because he's approachable and friendly
Imelda: pesters Humberto to go off with her, she's so excited by him
Jerry: ditto, but Humberto outright refuses because he isn't gay
Karen: telling off everyone who makes a racket gets angry at Lorenzo wasting food
Lorenzo: yelling random Japanese phrases to everyone while trying to food fight, Humberto gets upset because he's wasting the food
Melissa: sleeping
Nestor: trying to fit in, eating the food Lorenzo threw around

-------------------

Lorenzo finds an unlimited supply of loo roll! Here's what happens:

Humberto: makes a pretty dress for Imelda with the loo roll because she asked him to
Imelda: tries to mummify Humberto, he finds it slightly amusing
Jerry: wants to wrap Humberto with loo roll for the aesthetic
Karen: complains
Lorenzo: paper maches the entire room with loo roll, pretends he's a mummy and plays loo roll fight with everyone in the room (well, attempts to)
Melissa: makes a blanket out of loo roll to sleep
Nestor: nothing

--------------------

To keep them from being bored, a supply of paint arrives! Here's what they do:

Humberto: paints an emotive, raw portrait of Imelda, actually turns out to be beautiful
Imelda: persuades Humberto to go shirtless so she could do bodypainting on him
Jerry: same as Imelda but Humberto outright refuses
Karen: tries to steal some of the paints for her children
Lorenzo: tries a failed game of paintball and messes up the room, and everyone
Melissa: sleeping!
Nestor: tries to watch the action
Melissa is my favorite. Haha. I would love to keep her company, but I would be too scared to sleep because the others (especially Imelda and Lorenzo) could do some weird shit to me.

Now I'm interested in what kind of personality types you had in mind for the characters!?

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Humberto - ENFJ 4w3 so/sx

Imelda - ENFP 7w8 sx/sp

Jerry - Nothing really to type him on, F I guess

Karen - Also nothing really to type her on, I suppose ExxJ just by stereotype

Lorenzo - ENTP 7w6 sx/so

Melissa - ISFP 9w8 with narcolepsy?

Nestor - INFP 9w1 sp/so

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Humberto - ENFJ 4w3 so/sx

Imelda - ENFP 7w8 sx/sp

Jerry - Nothing really to type him on, F I guess

Karen - Also nothing really to type her on, I suppose ExxJ just by stereotype

Lorenzo - ENTP 7w6 sx/so

Melissa - ISFP 9w8 with narcolepsy?

Nestor - INFP 9w1 sp/so
ENFJ and humberto? I always pictured him as some sort of INFP. I can't really identify with him much. Care to explain? I agree with the others though. Why those?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Melissa is my favorite. Haha. I would love to keep her company, but I would be too scared to sleep because the others (especially Imelda and Lorenzo) could do some weird shit to me.

Now I'm interested in what kind of personality types you had in mind for the characters!?
Aww why melissa?
Tbh... lorenzo would be that weird kid who would draw a moustache on you while you're asleep with an indelible marker.

Well, I had the following in mind for the characters, how far am I away from these visions?

Humberto: INFP
Imelda: ENTP
Jerry: ESFJ
Karen: ESTJ
Lorenzo: ENTP (Stereotypical)
Melissa: INTJ
Nestor: ISTP

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Perhaps "You serious?" would be more appropriate. Because at first I thought they were real people. So I thought Karen was a real person who actually act like a Karen. That's why. Haha.

Humberto: He is pretty sure an Fi-dom, because of that emotional, individualitic and expressive aspect. Not quite sure if S or N, but I tend to N because of his athletic look. So I asumed a lil bit that he is active/ good in sport. You also stated that he is sensual. So that's why S over N. I first thought that he is defentely a 4, because of this emotional self-absorbtion, moodyness and expressivnes, but than I thought of 9, because "he would shower her with gifts" and hating shallow conversations but still tolerate them, but if I looked at it again, I'd say 4, not 9.

Imelda: Pretty sure. She is outgoing, random, surprising, an "idea generator" -> Ne. Ti over Fi because of the rudness. She can hurt others feelings. A 7 because of that energetic and fun-loving nature.

Jerry: ESFJ, because friendly, attention-seeking and normal :D 2w3 is not sure. I just assumed it more or less because of ESFJ.

Karen: I think the Karens are ESTJ. Assertive, aggressive, dominating, but concentrating on life details rather than the global picutre. I mean, speaking with the manager because of little shopping mistakes? Seriously? Haha. But then again, I'm just a conflict-avodent introvert.

Lorenzo: Quite similiar to Imelda. Ne because he is wearing mismatched clothing. ESFPs would be more aesthetic, I think. He is also childish and loves anime, so rather ENFP. He doesn't seem that aggressive or rude, that's why Fi. 7 again because of the fun-loving and optimistic nature.

Melissa: INxx, because she's so withdrawn. Also likes to read, so maybe rather INFx? I imagined her as someone who lies alone in her pijama at home between cuddly pillows in bed and prefers to read some books. But it could actually be another I-type, so I'm pretty unsure.

Nestor: I cannot judge this, because this is too little information for me. But since he seems to be quickly burned out, I assumed him to be an introvert. In addition, he can apparently not assert himself: "tries to get to the middle of the floor but people keep pushing him out, so doesn't bother after all". That's why I. But not ISTP, because ISTPs I think could assert themselfs better, e.g. pushing the others away.
Well, I picture Humberto as a guy with a beautiful personality, a beautiful face and a beautiful body. His major flaw is that he is easily manipulated and his low self-esteem makes him prone to being upset and hiding his true potential. Many girls want to be with him. If he does end up with a girl in the story, I would imagine him to be not only considerate but also a sensual, passionate lover. Fun fact: he is amazing at painting/drawing and could do a live drawing accurately, pretty quickly. He is self-taught. He would also TOTALLY set the mood in that room when he's drawing or painting his lover. Intimate atmosphere and all. He'd ask her to get in a certain pose that not only captures her best angles but her raw emotions too, while he's shirtless. (And he has a well-defined torso and broad shoulders.) His voice is usually pretty deep, mellow-sounding, soft-spoken and sounds warm, and sounds even quieter and ''warmer'' when he's talking to her.

Imelda is that type of girl who would sneak up on you and do practical jokes on you, sometimes on the border of insensitivity. For example, imelda caught humberto cleaning his car during the golden hour and because she felt like it, without considering humberto and his circumstances, decided to get a bucket of ice cold water and dump it on him. She did that because she wants him to look at her. And he did, but his reaction was pleasant (but still a bit annoyed internally.) He'd simply react by tossing his shirt off (and here we have an admiring Imelda, staring at that glossy sculpted chest/abs, who got exactly as she wanted) and carrying on his business.

Lorenzo is also the type of guy to put on practical jokes without him knowing he might offend others. But he is crazier than imelda in the sense that he would do it to get a laugh out of everyone.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Aww why melissa?
Because she seems chill and not annoying.

Tbh... lorenzo would be that weird kid who would draw a moustache on you while you're asleep with an indelible marker.
Yeah, that's the kind of thing I expected from Lorenzo Haha

Well, I had the following in mind for the characters, how far am I away from these visions?

Humberto: INFP
Imelda: ENTP
Jerry: ESFJ
Karen: ESTJ
Lorenzo: ENTP (Stereotypical)
Melissa: INTJ
Nestor: ISTP
It's actually pretty similiar to my typing. I totally agree with Imelda, Jerry and Karen. I typed Humberto as ISFP, but could also be an INFP, Fi-Dom pretty sure. I typed Lorenzo as ENFP, but ENTP is possible too. The only two I don't quite agree with are Melissa and Nestor. INTJs would probably be too tense to sleep in such a mess and with so many people. Sounds more like a P type. Maybe INTP?
Trying to fit in could indicate a Fe. Maybe a low Fe, becausse a good Fe would just fit in, but low Fe would struggle with it. So IxTP could fit quite, well. However, an ISTP would also observe less, but rather participate. INTPs would rather observe. That's just a little bit of conjecture on my part. Maybe ISTP will fit too.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Because she seems chill and not annoying.

Yeah, that's the kind of thing I expected from Lorenzo Haha

It's actually pretty similiar to my typing. I totally agree with Imelda, Jerry and Karen. I typed Humberto as ISFP, but could also be an INFP, Fi-Dom pretty sure. I typed Lorenzo as ENFP, but ENTP is possible too. The only two I don't quite agree with are Melissa and Nestor. INTJs would probably be too tense to sleep in such a mess and with so many people. Sounds more like a P type. Maybe INTP?
Trying to fit in could indicate a Fe. Maybe a low Fe, becausse a good Fe would just fit in, but low Fe would struggle with it. So IxTP could fit quite, well. However, an ISTP would also observe less, but rather participate. INTPs would rather observe. That's just a little bit of conjecture on my part. Maybe ISTP will fit too.
I see! Your points are very valid!

from something random, be honest, do their MBTI types actually match the "vibe" and "stereotype" of their names?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I see! Your points are very valid!

from something random, be honest, do their MBTI types actually match the "vibe" and "stereotype" of their names?
Hmm. I honestly don't know. I don't know much about names and I'm also not the kind of person catching up any clishes, but I know the meaning behind Karen for example. That fits in my opinion. And Humberto sounds like "humble". That fits to an INFP.
According to Google the other names are saying for:
Imelda: Great Fighter: I wouldn't call an ENTP fighter.
The name Jerry seems to have a religious origin. It would probably fit an ESFJ.
Lorenzo is derived from "laurel wreath". Laurel wreath stands for winning. I don't think that ENTPs focus is winning.
Melissa means the "honey bee" or "sweet like honey". I wouldn't call an INTJ sweet.
Nestor was a Greek hero in Greek mythology. Nestor also means "the one who is returning to home". I don't know if ISTPs care about their home, but they could be heroes. Badass heroes :D But then Nestor wouldn't try so hard to adapt to the group, but would be more independent and stronger, I would say.

So maybe my answer is full of bullshit, but that's all I could think of right now. What were your intentions behind those names?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Humberto- Steteotypical INFP, but I still wanna say INFJ
Imelda- ENFP
Jerry- ISFP
Karen- Karen
Lorenzo- ESTP anime tiddies expert
Melissa- INTJ
Nestor- ISTP

What kind of canon narrative do these fellas belong to?

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
ENFJ and humberto? I always pictured him as some sort of INFP. I can't really identify with him much. Care to explain? I agree with the others though. Why those?
Haha, well, as an INFP, I don't really relate with him either! It was more of his "gestalt" to me than anything that sounded ENFJ to me - he reminded me of an exaggerated version of ENFJs I know/have known. The cast on the whole sounds sort of ridiculous and dramatic, so I tried to get more of an idea of what his "core" is about. Humberto sounds like one of his key characteristics is that he outwardly demonstrates his strongly-changing feelings, that he knows how he feels and his feelings motivate him to impact his environment (in contrast INFPs tend to spend a lot of time "mining" their feelings and less time acting on them). His appearance is conventionally attractive, suggesting that though he has individualized taste, he is still motivated to groom and care for himself in a way that appeals broadly to others. Given ExFx, his reliance on gut/intuition, dislike of crowds, and intimacy suggested Ni; loyalty and gift-showering suggest FJ. Spontaneity is typically linked with P but can also be an Extraverted trait when it comes to social situations and quick response.

Humberto - at the side talking to maybe one or two people about some "deep stuff nobody understands" and observing everyone else, wishing he wasn't there, thinks the music playing is "in bad taste" but wouldn't say it to upset anyone
This really makes me think of NFJs I know!

He just seems like an emo kid ENFJ to me, lol.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Hmm. I honestly don't know. I don't know much about names and I'm also not the kind of person catching up any clishes, but I know the meaning behind Karen for example. That fits in my opinion. And Humberto sounds like "humble". That fits to an INFP.
According to Google the other names are saying for:
Imelda: Great Fighter: I wouldn't call an ENTP fighter.
The name Jerry seems to have a religious origin. It would probably fit an ESFJ.
Lorenzo is derived from "laurel wreath". Laurel wreath stands for winning. I don't think that ENTPs focus is winning.
Melissa means the "honey bee" or "sweet like honey". I wouldn't call an INTJ sweet.
Nestor was a Greek hero in Greek mythology. Nestor also means "the one who is returning to home". I don't know if ISTPs care about their home, but they could be heroes. Badass heroes :D But then Nestor wouldn't try so hard to adapt to the group, but would be more independent and stronger, I would say.

So maybe my answer is full of bullshit, but that's all I could think of right now. What were your intentions behind those names?
Naw, it isn't!
They were just names I came up with and I wanted to make them diverse as heck, and not what many people think of them when you first hear of them. Breaking stereotypes, I guess.

For starters, I bet you'd imagine Lorenzo as a tall, dark and mysterious Latino or Italian guy that's smooth with words. I made him a scene kid that likes anime instead.

So, lemme bring up general stereotypes of a name and what I actually made them as:
Humberto: usually stereotyped as loud, annoying and brash, probably listens to reggaeton/hip hop, wears mismatched bright clothing. I put him as a brooding goth/emo dude instead, more into metal/alt rock, almost exclusively wears black.
Imelda: stereotyped as an elderly strict and nagging woman that dresses too formally or to impress, to come off as powerful. I wrote her as an annoying girl who loves to butt in and interrupt, wears mostly wannabe 90s garm kids these days wear, or cowgirl-style clothes.
Jerry: stereotyped as a funny, argumentative old man. I put him as an annoying guy that tries to please others, rather than argue.
Karen: I kept the stereotype of a middle-aged woman because it's a meme, alright? The stereotype is too good to ignore!
Lorenzo: stereotyped as tall, dark, handsome, dresses well, girls go gaga over him. I put him as a crazy scene kid with badly coloured hair. pRoBaBlyYyy tYPeZ~ LiEk~ DiS$$sss~ Loves anime.
Melissa: stereotyped as stereotypical sorority girl, put her as a girl who is always cold, both literally and figuratively.
Nestor: stereotyped as a senile old man, put him as someone who at least tries, but fails to get what he wants.

I gotta admit though, I love your analysis of the names! That's also pretty valid too! ;) I never have thought of that until now...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Humberto- Steteotypical INFP, but I still wanna say INFJ
Imelda- ENFP
Jerry- ISFP
Karen- Karen
Lorenzo- ESTP anime tiddies expert
Melissa- INTJ
Nestor- ISTP

What kind of canon narrative do these fellas belong to?
Hm, define what you mean by canon narrative?
Like as in anime canon, or?

Love the "anime tiddies expert" and the "Karen" btw.
Why INFJ?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Haha, well, as an INFP, I don't really relate with him either! It was more of his "gestalt" to me than anything that sounded ENFJ to me - he reminded me of an exaggerated version of ENFJs I know/have known. The cast on the whole sounds sort of ridiculous and dramatic, so I tried to get more of an idea of what his "core" is about. Humberto sounds like one of his key characteristics is that he outwardly demonstrates his strongly-changing feelings, that he knows how he feels and his feelings motivate him to impact his environment (in contrast INFPs tend to spend a lot of time "mining" their feelings and less time acting on them). His appearance is conventionally attractive, suggesting that though he has individualized taste, he is still motivated to groom and care for himself in a way that appeals broadly to others. Given ExFx, his reliance on gut/intuition, dislike of crowds, and intimacy suggested Ni; loyalty and gift-showering suggest FJ. Spontaneity is typically linked with P but can also be an Extraverted trait when it comes to social situations and quick response.

This really makes me think of NFJs I know!

He just seems like an emo kid ENFJ to me, lol.
Well I was an emo ENFJ when growing up haha. Maybe this makes sense since I could relate, but I always intended for him to be an introvert that prefers to keep to himself haha.
Personality-wise, I actually somehow thought of Lisa Simpson when making him haha. Extremely passionate about certain things and rather intelligent (only thing is that he doesn't show it that much, he plays dumb at first.) Oh, and he's a lot more broody.

Hmm, in what way does the cast sound dramatic and ridiculous? AHahha

21 - 40 of 56 Posts