Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had my mom take the test, and she was an ENFP. It makes sense too, because we're a lot alike. My other family, I'm not super sure of.

Dad: Very friendly, but sometimes unaware of more subtle social norms. He's a big chess geek, knows computers, but at the same time loves sports and playing outside. He's very child-like and carefree, and he sees the good in everyone. Also extremely sensitive about some things, but other things I criticize he'll say, "whatever, to each their own!" I think he's ENFP, but I might be biased so I wanted to get some second opinion. He can be pretty lazy and will often put chores off to play video games, but easily becomes the responsible person when he feels it's necessary (eg. on big family outings/vacations).

Brother: He's outgoing and knows how to be friendly to people. Can be pretty self-obsessed but I pass that off as something he has due to his age and still being in high school. Very righteous: one day, his phone kept vibrating during class because all of his friends were texting him happy birthday. He took it out to turn it off, and the teacher told him to give her the cell phone. He told her that he was turning it off, but he refused to give it to her because it wasn't his fault his friends were texting him. Eventually she got it from him with threats of more punishment (he already had to stay in for break because of talking back), but he was still very sure he was right. He's never had a problem calling people out on their problems to their face, but he usually only does it if it's causing harm to others in some way.. so he's not just going to call someone out for wearing an ugly shirt. Authority doesn't even frighten him. I frequently find myself elbowing him when we're in public and he's starting to tell off the store manager/security guard/police officer. He's really organized, gets his homework done and receives good grades, and always has his room clean. He can be pretty critical sometimes (as my whole family can - we have sharp tongues), but only when pressed to it. Otherwise he's really care-free and open to others' personal preference.

I do have one more brother, but he's 10 so I don't think he's type-able yet at all.

So what do you think?

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'm definitely not the best source but your dad seems like mine and I think he is an ENFP. Your brother I'm less sure of and at first struck me as some NTJ but I'm not sure if he is S or N because there wasn't too much to go on. so....XXTJ? Possibly NFJ too....I'm so much help:laughing:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pretty sure my brother is an N... though that might just be me projecting again. I always have a really hard time identifying sensors unless they're very strong. ENFJ actually sounds pretty spot on for him, or maybe ENTJ. He always strikes me as more of a feeler than a thinker, but that might be just because I'm his sister so I've seen him at his strongest of all emotions. He's definitely nothing like any of the ESXJs that I've known, because he's more friendly and understanding towards individuality and the "weirdness" people often exhibit.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I wouldn't rule out that your brother is ENTJ because ENFJ's first function is Fe and you described him as not too worried about pleasing other people by agreeing with their standards.
I see it as a family of NF's with developed T sides or a family of NF's with a NT child who subsequently developed his F side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts