Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I met her, she seemed really quiet, shy, and withdrawn. But then after I started talking to her and getting to know her, she got all these laughing/crying attacks and became VERY outgoing and energetic. She's somewhat random. She can be talking about washing her hands one moment, then what she wants to be in her next life the next(actually happened). She's very playful and somewhat outgoing. She's somewhat funny.

But she annoys a lot of people. Many people dislike her even though I know she's just joking and doesn't mean any harm. She's very sweet and nice sometimes. Though sometimes, she can make quite the rude and offensive jokes. She randomly slaps/hits people that annoy her but she also likes to hug...

She gets really good grades. She's in honor classes and is one of the top students in Math. But sometimes, she acts really ditzy...

Her family life is apparently very suckish. Her mother mostly criticizes her, accuses her of always being on the computer because of facebook, chatting with many friends, and having a boyfriend even though she doesn't. She's always on the computer apparently and never goes out nor does she like to talk to people at all at home.

What's her personality type?

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
That one reminds me my personality (INTP). I can make arrogant jokes and not realize it.
Well, about randomly slapping people I don't like... I don't slap them. I found out, that it will end better, if I will grab all hate I get from person, and close it somewhere deep in my soul.
I am random too. But... is she random more about her actual enviroment (hey look at that thing, not that other thing), or about anything that comes on her mind?
Good grades - if you mean by it worstly B's or C's, she is like me (one more point for INTP). If she is good at math, I would say that she is really some N.

Well, but I need more. What was your first impression from her? Was she more "quiet girl", or she was "party girl"?

For now, I would say that she is NP. Judging is closer to T, but there is always possibility, that she is more of Feeler.
Also it is still possible for her to be S. But that would be only in case, if she would be more random about noticing things in her enviroment.
She seemed from beginning as Introvert, but then shown up as Extrovert... What can I say? That I am sometimes feeling as extrovert too. Why? Because... it is some style of INTP behaviour, I have discussed it on other forum. There was said conclusion, that INTP is "social chameleon". INTP can copy behaviour of somebody, that "seems OK" to him, to get into the social group.

So for now, I would say, that she is:
90% P
75% N
60% T
50% I/E (totally not sure)
Sorry for giving answer not in correct order. % means how sure am I about dichotomies.

And if you meant Enneagram, then say. I will run futher analysis.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That one reminds me my personality (INTP). I can make arrogant jokes and not realize it.
Well, about randomly slapping people I don't like... I don't slap them. I found out, that it will end better, if I will grab all hate I get from person, and close it somewhere deep in my soul.
I am random too. But... is she random more about her actual enviroment (hey look at that thing, not that other thing), or about anything that comes on her mind?
Good grades - if you mean by it worstly B's or C's, she is like me (one more point for INTP). If she is good at math, I would say that she is really some N.

Well, but I need more. What was your first impression from her? Was she more "quiet girl", or she was "party girl"?

For now, I would say that she is NP. Judging is closer to T, but there is always possibility, that she is more of Feeler.
Also it is still possible for her to be S. But that would be only in case, if she would be more random about noticing things in her enviroment.
She seemed from beginning as Introvert, but then shown up as Extrovert... What can I say? That I am sometimes feeling as extrovert too. Why? Because... it is some style of INTP behaviour, I have discussed it on other forum. There was said conclusion, that INTP is "social chameleon". INTP can copy behaviour of somebody, that "seems OK" to him, to get into the social group.

So for now, I would say, that she is:
90% P
75% N
60% T
50% I/E (totally not sure)
Sorry for giving answer not in correct order. % means how sure am I about dichotomies.

And if you meant Enneagram, then say. I will run futher analysis.
She seemed really quiet at first. Her grades are mostly As and Bs. She's random about things that come to her mind. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Hey, I was really good at math as an ISFJ!

But I don't think I have enough traits to go on here.

If she's openminded, maybe you can bring up the MBTI test and get her to do it.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
All right, so you really meant MBTI.

Hmm... really quiet at first? That could mean Introvert.
Random about what comes to her mind? Extroverted Intuition.
I have no reason to say she is neither Thinking or Feeling one.
But I am sure, she is Percieving type.

INFP/INTP is my conclusion.
What should help youu... hmm... yeah! Look for thread with demotivational posters! Those are ones, that say cruel true about both types. If I would have to describe them from posters:
- INTP is the nerdish type, which is able to create brand new jokes (however, nobody can understand those everytime). Yeah, and maniacs with computers.
- INFP's are characterized by two words perfectly (In opnion of posters): Own World.

Just kidding... it would be really crazy to say you that the posters can realy say that (not that they are not saying). You have to look for the descriptions of INTP and INFP, read them, and say, which is your friend more like. If it wouldn't work, ask her.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup. She's INTP. I made her take the test.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I would've said INTP or ENTP. I act exactly the same way, but I am ENTP. ENTPs are known as the "extroverted-introverts" so I think it's sometimes hard to determine which you are. Some days I still question whether I'm really extroverted. I'm almost exactly like your friend. I am always thought of as quiet, a goodie two shoes, and "the smart one." Then when people get to know me they find out that I'm actually very talkative and crazy, and that I can be a complete asshole when I want to be. I also tend to annoy a lot of people; the sad part is that I actually enjoy it a lot of the time. I also do it on purpose once in a while, when I decide I really want to piss somebody off, I just go on and on and on. I also have really random thoughts, like the time I thought it'd be funny to make up a squirrelopatumous and tell everyone I saw one in my backyard. Then it turned into an insult that I called people haha. I also have a really shitty family situation.
So I probably would've first thought ENTP, because of how much alike I am to her. I think the real way to determine whether you're extroverted is to decide whether you like to be around people. You don't necessarily have to want to talk to them. For example, I get energized by being around people, I like to have people near me when doing work, the louder somewhere is, the more ideas that go through my head. Although, I like to be alone to when I want to delve deep into thought or do research. Try having her take a cognitive functions test, because ENTPs use Ne and then Ti whereas INTPs used Ti and then Ne as their primary functions. Sorry for the rant btw! Haha.

Reactions: QueenOfCats

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would've said INTP or ENTP. I act exactly the same way, but I am ENTP. ENTPs are known as the "extroverted-introverts" so I think it's sometimes hard to determine which you are. Some days I still question whether I'm really extroverted. I'm almost exactly like your friend. I am always thought of as quiet, a goodie two shoes, and "the smart one." Then when people get to know me they find out that I'm actually very talkative and crazy, and that I can be a complete asshole when I want to be. I also tend to annoy a lot of people; the sad part is that I actually enjoy it a lot of the time. I also do it on purpose once in a while, when I decide I really want to piss somebody off, I just go on and on and on. I also have really random thoughts, like the time I thought it'd be funny to make up a squirrelopatumous and tell everyone I saw one in my backyard. Then it turned into an insult that I called people haha. I also have a really shitty family situation.
So I probably would've first thought ENTP, because of how much alike I am to her. I think the real way to determine whether you're extroverted is to decide whether you like to be around people. You don't necessarily have to want to talk to them. For example, I get energized by being around people, I like to have people near me when doing work, the louder somewhere is, the more ideas that go through my head. Although, I like to be alone to when I want to delve deep into thought or do research. Try having her take a cognitive functions test, because ENTPs use Ne and then Ti whereas INTPs used Ti and then Ne as their primary functions. Sorry for the rant btw! Haha.
Woah, you seriously remind me a lot of myself. Actually I wrote this from a viewpoint of a friend or stranger because I found writing about myself easier that way. :p

·
Registered
154 Posts
Woah, you seriously remind me a lot of myself. Actually I wrote this from a viewpoint of a friend or stranger because I found writing about myself easier that way. :p
Haha, that's something I would do too :p. You're like my exact copy in a female version haha, that's why I would've said ENTP. You might wanna look into it a bit. I agree with everything you said haha. The laughing attacks are the best. I randomly start laughing at the stupidest things, and when I laugh everybody thinks I'm crying :p! I had a teacher a couple years ago tell me," You better stop laughing, because even though I'm supposed to know CPR, I actually don't." It gets odd sometimes, especially when everybody starts staring and then laughing themselves, which makes me laugh even more :p.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha, that's something I would do too :p. You're like my exact copy in a female version haha, that's why I would've said ENTP. You might wanna look into it a bit. I agree with everything you said haha. The laughing attacks are the best. I randomly start laughing at the stupidest things, and when I laugh everybody thinks I'm crying :p! I had a teacher a couple years ago tell me," You better stop laughing, because even though I'm supposed to know CPR, I actually don't." It gets odd sometimes, especially when everybody starts staring and then laughing themselves, which makes me laugh even more :p.
Haha wow, this is awesome. Never met somebody with a personality like mine's. XD I've always been torn between INTP or ENTP. :/

Reactions: TemptedFate

·
Registered
154 Posts
Haha wow, this is awesome. Never met somebody with a personality like mine's. XD I've always been torn between INTP or ENTP. :/
Haha I haven't either. I always thought I was unique haha :(. Oh well, I'll always have the red hair. Lol

·
Registered
154 Posts
Grr sorry can't PM or respond to the visitor message until 15 posts :/ If you search my name exactly how it is on here on Facebook though, you can find me there.

Reactions: QueenOfCats

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 15 of 15 Posts