Personality Cafe banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
IS(F) ✧ 947 sx/so ✧ FEVL ✧ Chaotic Neutral
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've learned quite a bit about myself in the last few months since I wrote my first questionnaire. And I feel like I have no type to fit in again. The more I think about it, the more I feel like my true type is ‘nothing’.
Can someone type my MBTI and Enneagram wing?

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

I'm a 20 year old female and I don't have a mental illness.

2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?

Water Sky Atmosphere Cloud Natural landscape

Tableware Dishware Food Recipe Serveware

I definitely prefer the second one.
The second one gives me a sense of rest. I think the color probably makes a big difference in the feeling each photo brings to me. Warm colors warm my heart, and unified colors seem to envelop me in that mood.
Each photo evokes completely different emotions in me. The first one is rather refreshing feeling. Something new is about to begin. It's like changing the mood and giving hope. But now I don't want it. I like the feeling of being at home.

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?

I really don't know who I am. It seems I don't have my ‘core’. It's impossible to describe me in one word because I have so many conflicting characteristics. I'm changeable, I'm both of all and nothing.
I've been curious about who I am, but since I have nothing in my heart, I will never find the answer. Having no personality sounds very fitting to me. Being nothing is me.

Questions like this really torment me... I'm afraid to put out my own, so I just want to say 'see me as you like'. If I have to say something, I'll say that I like to draw... Who am I really? I want to know this, too.

If I have to prepare a cover letter, I have to use several depending on my mood. I receive something integrated of my surroundings and my mood, which formed who I am today. There is no consistency there. The me I was yesterday is nowhere to be seen today, and the me I am today will already be gone tomorrow. What I like at one moment is what I dislike at another. I love one thing while I hate it.
I don't even have my inner self. If I try to have an identity of my own, it will change quickly.

4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?

Want to be:
harmless, kind, tolerant, unique, loved, necessary, precious

I want to be an all-inclusive person, everything, and everyone's friend. Anyway I want to be flexible enough to understand all perspectives and not hurt anyone.
And it's very important for me to be accepted and included. I want to be a person who is okay with being in the circle of everyone. After giving my opinion, I worry and regret it until I get a response, because somewhere there's an assumption that my opinion doesn't matter.

Don't want to be: problematic, common, boring, scary, hated, ignored, unimportant

I want to fit in with society, but at the same time I hate being like that because I never want to lose what's important to me by adapting to people. Even so, I want to avoid acting selfishly and being hated. So I usually just try to fit in, and I always regret not being able to express myself honestly. I don't like both being distinguished and seeming simply like everyone else.

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?

People around me think I like solitude. Not at all. I hate loneliness. I keep my distance from people so as not to hurt anyone. I really want close friends. But others only see me based on autistic stereotypes, not my true self. But it's true that I find it boring to associate with people who aren't interested in me, and I want to avoid it. When I meet someone, I want to get involved with them if they look like me, but if not, I'm not really interested.

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.

I haven't thought much about such things myself and I don't know well, so here are the test results.

1. Passion - a vocation or loved hobby
2. Beauty - aesthetics, attractiveness
3. Pleasure - enjoyment, happiness, satisfaction
4. Friendship - comradeship, companionship
5. Popularity - being liked or admired by many people

At least my perception would be something like that.

What matters is what I think when the subject is posed, and I don't have to find consistent answers throughout my life. I can't see a single line from what has been to what will be.

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?

I can't remember the specific situation, but either I find answers from the past or I'm confused.
I usually deal with new events by finding similarities from existing experiences, so I don't worry too much about what will happen in advance. I'm good at learning things like how to use new tools for this reason. I tend to think that if things have gone well so far, they will continue to do well.

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

I feel like I shouldn't be anywhere, so I withdraw to a place where no one can see me. The imagining that I'm hurting people by my mere presence makes me self-critical. I fantasize about a comfortable environment to escape from that suffering.
The pain of existing increases. I keep my distance from all people in the hope that no one will recognize me.
I avoid all risks of being hurt. I can only console myself with the fantastic feeling of finding someone who is similar to my current state of mind and connecting with that person.

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

I can be quite a cheerful and funny person. I say a lot of crazy things and make people laugh. I don't hesitate to go out in public. I love letting others know what I like and I talk about it a lot. I actively try to help others. I try to get along with everyone.

But that is rarely the case. I'm filled with fear of rejection most of the time.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?

I'm the silent person in the group because I believe that nothing will change with or without my opinion. I dislike group interaction because the conversation actually goes on without me and I easily feel left out. At such times, loud people always dominate and disregard the opinions of quiet people like me. That was always the case when I was a student. I find this imbalance of power frustrating.
Then the flow of the story is too fast and my thoughts can't catch up! This is the biggest reason why I can't voice my opinion in groups.

I need someone to wait for me. I need an environment where I can be confident that my opinion is needed. So I prefer one-on-one.

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?

It's important that no one is offended, that everyone's wishes are respected to the greatest possible extent, and that everyone is accepted and included equally.

We value different things, so I dislike general standards like social norms that force to change our minds.
Also, I can't stand being told to respect destiny (land of birth, family, etc.) because it's not my will.
It's up to me, not society, to decide whether it's good or bad for me.

I have mixed feelings about tradition. There are some wonderful cultures and arts in the world that should be left behind. However, it depends on the will of modern people to connect it to the next generation. Even if the tradition disappears with the passage of time, the fact that it existed in the past is certain, and we can remember that time from there. It's natural for new things to be born and old things to disappear as time goes by, and I think it's against nature to call on society to maintain this. However, I also know that there are people who value it, and I respect their precious traditions. Just don't force us to keep traditions. Each of us has the right to find something really good.
And I abhor the old ideas that gave birth to discrimination, and I hope that they will soon disappear. For example, I call parents and teachers who see minorities as abnormal and educate them to stay away from them as obsolete and I hate them. I also hate the justification of racism, sexism, and all kinds of discrimination based on history.

I think all people are good as long as they don't fight each other or force things on each other. I believe that forgiving each other is the way to create a better world, but I'm still not enough to say that because I easily criticize people and even unknowingly trample what they hold dear.

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?

I hate authority because it's a symbol of inequality. I know it's necessary for society to function, but my loathing for it remains. I'm obedient on the surface but rebellious on the inside. Telling me what to do irritates me regardless of their position.

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?

[Order]
In a good way:
What makes things beautiful. I love the rules to make them visually beautiful. I've always liked to arrange things according to some rules, and felt uncomfortable when they were disrupted. For example, a rainbow looks beautiful because it follows a certain rule of red-yellow-green-blue. Colored pencils arranged in green-red-blue-yellow order are frustrating and I have an immediate urge to fix it. It's disgusting to see books of different sizes arranged randomly. I want to sort them in descending order. Order in my surroundings is necessary for my comfort.
I was very curious as to where this comfort came from, and after comparing the information I'd collected so far with my own heart, I finally knew. They all bring a gentle image to my vision in common. When the colored pencils are arranged regularly, it reminds me of a rainbow and the boundaries of each color look familiar. When things are arranged in descending order, the strength of each corner is relaxed and everything looks like one. Everything that feels comfortable has a sense of unity. It calms the mind with less stimulation and less distraction.

In a bad way: It robs us of the possibility of evolution by fixing things and restricting further thinking. By making a variety of things “normal,” we lose the chance to find what is really good and our minds become bored. By not thinking about exceptions to the established common sense, people become a group that fears the unknown and creates discriminatory thoughts. We can save ourselves the trouble of thinking by following existing rules, but blindly believing in them will hurt people by having narrow thinking.

[Chaos]
It's mainly the opposite of what I just said.

In a good way: Chaos means unpredictably diverse. It helps keep my inner self from being controlled. I hate it when someone reads my psychic patterns and predicts my actions. It feels like I'm losing autonomy and uncomfortable having to recognize that I'm acting as others expect. Chaos is essential in my heart to be so unique that I'm not fully understood by anyone.

In a bad way: It confuses me with no consistent pattern and no idea what the future holds. I lose sight of my mental preparation, so my mental state of constantly responding on the fly and thus switching violently exhausts me. Everything is separated and each thing feels painfully intense to me.

14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?

To be disillusioned and trapped in suffering. I despair when I need to know that what I have perceived is not normal. For example, when I see the bad side of people who I thought were good until now, or when I have to accept the dark side of people, the world seems like a loveless hell filled with suffering. Even staying in such a place is painful. In other words, always thinking about the bad side means “living is suffering” for me. I want to avoid that suffering. I don't want to live in a world full of unpleasant things.
I often need to get away from people so that I don't feel that pain. Disappointment at the ugliness of the world turns into hatred of reality and longing for utopia. Let me be in ‘my world’ without disturbing. It's a great fear that my presence is perceived when I don't want it, and finding myself living in reality. It exhausts me to hold onto a sense of presence. I have two sides of me, “me in reality” and “me in my world”, and it is painful to switch between them violently.

We, who were originally the same, changed and only I was left in the same state as before. I don't want to lose or change what I have now, but staying the same keeps me away from people. It frightens me to see new sides (talents etc.) in people I already know. Then I desperately try to be like them, and when that doesn't work, I feel overwhelmed by the loneliness of being left behind. And it reproaches me for not being perfect like everyone else.
That I really am the only one. I want to have a different identity than most, but it still makes me feel lonely and tormented when there is no one like me.
Though it sounds strange, I'm quite afraid of something being generated from myself. I want to have my favorites, to express my everything as my favorites, not to have something of my own secondarily. I find comfort in identifying with my favorites. As long as I'm any different from them, I feel isolated all the time.

And in reality, I fear being left out the most! I never want to see the outside time passing by, leaving me behind as if there is an insurmountable wall between me and others.
Whenever I interact with people, I'm always afraid of being rejected or losing existing relationships. If I hurt people, I'll be rejected, so I have to accept them kindly. If I make a mistake I'll be rejected, so I have to be right all the time. Such thoughts haunt me whenever I'm involved with someone, and they show up in my tense demeanor.

It continues ⇊

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?

It seems like a dream, but I want to be happy in a comfortable environment 24/7. Forgetting all suffering and pain, I want to spend my time surrounded by only my favorite things without being disturbed by anyone.
I want to immerse myself in an art world that reminds me of a dream I had long ago and feel that I'm one with that world. I want to continue to be given hope from an ideal world so that I don't lose sight of the purpose of living because I'm disappointed in the dull and boring reality.

And I want someone to know me who lives as ‘myself’ and to love me through my favorites. I want to be loved for who I am, i.e. want someone to need me without forcing myself to do anything.
I wonder how happy I would be if I could become an irreplaceable existence with someone who cares about me. I want an eternal bond. I want to find someone important to me who will never leave me.

I want to be free from everything I have to do. Striving to achieve some goal is an inescapable anguish that reality has given me and never becomes my true desire. Even if striving is for future happiness, it never makes me happy as long as I'm suffering in the present. Rather than believing in uncertain future happiness, I want to get the maximum possible happiness in the present.

16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

a)
When I'm honest with my world! For example, I draw as I perceive them without being bound by any "should be", criticizing, being seen cringe, or asking about backgrounds that don't exist. But I'm too scared to do that. I prefer non-verbal self-expression because direct words are too painful for me. I'm very happy if I wear my favorite clothes and be praised for it. I feel great when I'm surrounded by the things I love and seeing them as me!
But it's hard for me to actually do that. In fact, I daydream about such things. I shouldn't rely on others because I can't be happy forever as long as I'm disappointed by others every time I expect them.
The happiest I've ever been was when I felt connected through our similar experiences. So whenever I can do something together with people who are similar to me and feel a sense of unity, I'm happy. It doesn't matter what I do, it matters who I do it with. I get energy whenever I do something with my close people!

b) To do something just for myself. It makes me feel like an outsider, disconnected from the world, that what I'm doing doesn't help anyone. I can't stand being forgotten in a group, so I want to do something for someone. It all stems from the desire to become an irreplaceable existence for someone. Why should I strive only for myself? It just makes me suffer. A sense of accomplishment is only possible when there are other people who need me. So not being able to do something with anyone drains me.

17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.

MBTI:
I think I'm xSFx.
I scored as ESFP on Mistype Investigator and ISFP on Keys2Cognition.
Font Number Parallel Screenshot Rectangle

To be honest, tests are pretty subjective and I think my subjectivity is unreliable because I'm not very confident in my self-awareness except the part that I have my own way of perception.
I'm considering Si-dom. I'm definitely IS(F) in Classic Jungian, and if this type can only be ISFJ or ISFP, I'm one of ISFx. I'm considering ISFP, but I'm afraid it's not a good fit because I'm ESE (ESE-Si H) in Socionics. I fit well into Role Te/Vulnerable Ni in Socionics, so this makes me wonder if I'm an ESFP, not ISFP.

Enneagram: Sx 9 (I'm not sure about the wing.)
I thought of myself as 4 for a long time and then realized I was Sx 9.
I don't consider I'm 4 mainly based on these:
My tritype has strong 4w3 fix in the second. I consider myself as Tritype 947.

Other: IS(F), ESE-3Si (H), FEVL (maybe 1442)

Why I consider IS(F)
Too long to describe here. If you read the documentation describing my past you'll understand why I'm definitely IS(F) and why I suspect Se dom.

Why I consider ESE (If you need the reason)
I consider myself ESE based on information element position. Especially I think I fit Role Te / Vulnerable Ni / Ignoring Fi.
I don't think I have Vulnerable Te. Vulnerable Te in xEI hates associating themselves with outside sources, but I rather like it and even seek out theories that perfectly explain myself. I have no aversion to efficiency and productivity, and I work so hard that others tell me I'm overworked. This is good for Role Te.
Vulnerable Ni represents me well. I'm very bad at estimating how long it will take and often make unreasonable plans. It's a pain in itself to be asked when I'm likely to be done, as often things I estimate to be done in time don't get done in time. I think this means that Ni is Vulnerable.
Ignoring Fi reminds me of my misconceptions. I doubt the authenticity of any relationship that is not directly involved. I feel as soon as I lose interaction, I lose a relationship. I couldn't believe someone who called me a friend even though I rarely spoke to them.
I think my Si is pretty strong, but that's probably because of the subtypes. I consider myself as ESE-Si(H), so the subtype Si and Harmonizer doubly strengthen Si.

18. Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you?

• I live in the present to the fullest without believing in the uncertainty of the future.
• Dealing with a constantly changing environment tires me. I prefer predictability. I tend to simulate things in my head before doing them. I can't concentrate on anything unless I calm my mind.
• I hate planning because I have no idea what will happen in the future.
• I tend to cling to the past. The past that shaped me is important. It irritates me to be told "it's already done" and to encourage the past to be forgotten. But I want to forget all the pasts that don't fit my identity, such as failures.
• I tend to get lost in the thoughts of "what does that remind me of?", which arouses my emotions so intensely that I forget I am here in the present. For example, when I notice something that other people have in common with me, all the things related to it are remembered and I even cry. I can perfectly reproduce past emotions. Things that remind me are mostly what has already been lost or how I'm misunderstood. So I have to put a lid on the past around people. But I'm naturally a past oriented person and it drains me to keep facing the present.
• I like to repeat old favorites over and over, and new ones are dry, irritating and unappealing for me. I like the feeling of familiar things permeating my body.
• I easily forget unimportant things like what I ate today. I remember in detail only the things that left an impression on me.
• I currently abhor competitiveness, but it comes from my past and my education, not from my original values. (I think it's different from inferior Te.) When I was young, I was the worst kind of child who only cared about grades and compared and looked down on others, and my mother strongly scolded me for that attitude. At that time, I didn't understand what was wrong with me, but when I entered puberty, I began to think more about other people's feelings and changed my mind. Being looked down on by meritocracies on the Internet also made me think about what it means to be a loser. I knew that skills are limited, and I was ashamed of my arrogant attitude until now. Since then, I have come to value people's feelings more than abilities.

Let me know if you need any other information!

·
Registered
INTP • sp5 • 592
19 Posts
I believe ISFJ fits you best, but I'll put a brief description of each SF type (taken from the MBTI Manual) so you can correct me if my assessment is incorrect :)

Characteristics of ISFJs
ISFJs have a realistic and practical respect for facts. They use their Sensing primarily internally, where they have a wealth of stored information. They remember clearly the details of things that have personal meaning for them, such as tones of voice or facial expression. Thus, ISFJs are likely to be
  • Practical and realistic
  • Concrete and specific
ISFJs use Feeling to make decisions based on personal values and concern for others. They value harmony and cooperation and work to create them. Thus, they are likely to be
  • Cooperative and thoughtful of others
  • Kind and sensitive
Their opinions are firm because their decisions are based on careful application of their clear values and their wealth of stored data. ISFJs respect established procedures and authority, believing that these have persisted because they function well. Therefore they will support change only when new data show it will be of practical benefit to people.
Characteristics of ISFPs
ISFPs are guided by a strong core of inner values. They want their work to be more than just a job; they want to contribute to people’s well-being or happiness. They don’t enjoy routine but will work with energy and dedication when doing something they believe in. ISFPs are likely to be
  • Trusting, kind and considerate
  • Sensitive and gentle
ISFPs are acutely aware of the specifics and realities of the present - the people and the world around them. They learn by doing more than by reading or hearing and get involved in day-to-day caretaking activities. ISFPs are likely to be
  • Observant
  • Realistic, practical, concrete and factual
ISFPs are attuned to the feelings and needs of others and flexible in responding to them. They often have an affinity for nature and for beauty in all living things - people, plants, and animals. They prize most those who take time to understand their values and goals and who support them in achieving those goals in their own way
Characteristics of ESFJs
ESFJs use their feeling primarily externally and radiate warmth and energy. They are encouraged by approval and hur by indifference or unkindness. Conflict-filed or tense situations make them uncomfortable, and they tend to ensure that these don't occur. ESFJs are likely to be
  • Warm, sympathetic and helpful
  • Personable, cooperative, and tactful
ESFJs focus on the present and base their decisions on experiences and facts. Though they enjoy variety, they adapt well to routine and don't like work that demands mastery of abstract ideas or impersonal analysis. They enjoy their possessions and take great care of them. ESFJs are likely to be
  • Practical, realistic, and down-to-earth
  • Decisive, thorough, and consistent
ESFJs are sensitive to the needs of each individual in their environment and good at providing practical caring. Much of their pleasure and satisfaction comes from the comfort and pleasure of others.
Characteristics of ESFPs
ESFPs are interested in people and new experiences. Because they learn more from doing than from studying or reading, they tend to plunge into things, learning as they go. They appreciate their possessions and take pleasure in them. ESFPs are likely to be
  • Observant
  • Practical, realistic, and specific
  • Active, involved in immediate experiences
ESFPs make decisions by using their personal values. They use their Feeling judgment internally to make decisions by identifying and empathizing with others. They are good at interpersonal interactions and often play the role of peacemaker. Thus, ESFPs are likely to be
  • Generous, optimistic, and persuasive
  • Warm, sympathetic, and tactful
ESFPs are keen observers of human behavior. They seem to sense what is happening with other people and respond quickly to their practical needs. They are especially good at mobilizing people to deal with crises.
As for wing, I'm not yet very knowledgeable with this aspect of the Enneagram, but I guess 9w1 fits better than 9w8.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i think you are an ISFJ. i feel like your Si is very prominent. you also said that you prefer predictability & you tend to be mostly present because you never know what would happen in the future that's why you don't like planning, which might indicate inferior Ne.

you're also a 9, with very obvious 4 fix too. so i think your tritype fits, 947 it is. i think 9w1 fits you more compared to 9w8. 9w1 tends to be more idealistic and more self-critical, and would want to do things morally right. 9w8s are more assertive, and in the questionnaire you seem to please people a lot and prioritise others more.

for instinctual variants, I don't think you are an sp9. i think you are either an so9 or an sx9. you seem to want to belong and be united with everyone. for sx9... idk. do you merge with others' opinions, desires, and wants, then forget your own desires and prefer to go along with the people you are close with? or you might haven't found that person yet. i think sx9 > so9.

·
Registered
INFP 6w5 629 sp/sx
2,688 Posts
Hello @KuroAlice ,

In our last exchange, I didn't answer a question which I think is a mistake of mine, so I think iterating a point more directly might allow you more confidence. I'm sorry it's five months late.

But... is it possible for ESFPs to immerse themselves in fantasy for long time?
Disappointment at the ugliness of the world turns into hatred of reality and longing for utopia.
I had hinted at the answer: "your earliest focus is on real sense-able data." It seems you did explore the ISFP subforum, where you probably gotten to see this in action. So even if the answer isn't apparent, it might be at the back of your mind. ESFPs can indeed immerse themselves in fantasy for a long time. What they prefer to notice in fantasies will likely be different than an INFP, but what you dream and what I dream... how different is it? You might prefer to explore the colors, the feel of the wind, or some other tangible possibility in that dream. Your dream becomes real to you. I might prefer to explore the morality of the characters, the implementation of technological processes, or some other conceptual possibility of that dream. My dream becomes real to me, but are we both not dreaming?

I still see you as an ESFP and describing you as an ESFP seems to be the most meaningful way to type you.

I've learned quite a bit about myself in the last few months since I wrote my first questionnaire. And I feel like I have no type to fit in again. The more I think about it, the more I feel like my true type is ‘nothing’.
Can someone type my MBTI and Enneagram wing?
You have indeed! You've learned quite a lot. Well done!

Now how does it relate to the functions? When I first suggested to you to explore some of the subforums, you weren't very resistant to the idea. Why not? Not only that, you proceeded to participate in a manner that shows your observations, but you ask about the conclusions. In the end, you boiled down what you read, and pieced the concepts together. I think this is a clear display of Se-Ni.

Contrast this to my posts. I observe, yes, but my observations alone rarely motivate me to post about them. I post observations that I know are pertinent to the judgment. For instance, I don't post links unless I have evaluated them myself and I know the information to be helpful. Fi-Te

I'll not be commenting on your entire post because I have a tendency to try to reach an end feeling about it all and that might take me months, and I think you know how most of these relate to which functions. If there's a part you especially wanted me to pass judgment upon, let me know.

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?

People around me think I like solitude. Not at all. I hate loneliness. I keep my distance from people so as not to hurt anyone. I really want close friends. But others only see me based on autistic stereotypes, not my true self. But it's true that I find it boring to associate with people who aren't interested in me, and I want to avoid it. When I meet someone, I want to get involved with them if they look like me, but if not, I'm not really interested.

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

I feel like I shouldn't be anywhere, so I withdraw to a place where no one can see me. The imagining that I'm hurting people by my mere presence makes me self-critical. I fantasize about a comfortable environment to escape from that suffering.
The pain of existing increases. I keep my distance from all people in the hope that no one will recognize me.
I avoid all risks of being hurt. I can only console myself with the fantastic feeling of finding someone who is similar to my current state of mind and connecting with that person.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?

I'm the silent person in the group because I believe that nothing will change with or without my opinion. I dislike group interaction because the conversation actually goes on without me and I easily feel left out. At such times, loud people always dominate and disregard the opinions of quiet people like me. That was always the case when I was a student. I find this imbalance of power frustrating.
Then the flow of the story is too fast and my thoughts can't catch up! This is the biggest reason why I can't voice my opinion in groups.

I need someone to wait for me. I need an environment where I can be confident that my opinion is needed. So I prefer one-on-one.
word document
Don't be confusing the need for social downtime with I. Don't also be confusing any of the introverted functions with I either. Ni and Si are a natural consequence of Ne and Se, explore enough of ideas or reality and you will organize those ideas and you will organize reality. You will see concepts for what they are, and you will see how life is. Ask though: How am I relating to these concepts? How am I relating to reality?

Take me for example. I explore concepts, but boiling it down for coherence is not my main goal. I will weed out ideas that have no use and to recognize connections, but this is just a product of my intelligence, not my personality.

14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?

To be disillusioned and trapped in suffering. I despair when I need to know that what I have perceived is not normal. For example, when I see the bad side of people who I thought were good until now, or when I have to accept the dark side of people, the world seems like a loveless hell filled with suffering. Even staying in such a place is painful. In other words, always thinking about the bad side means “living is suffering” for me. I want to avoid that suffering. I don't want to live in a world full of unpleasant things.
I often need to get away from people so that I don't feel that pain. Disappointment at the ugliness of the world turns into hatred of reality and longing for utopia. Let me be in ‘my world’ without disturbing. It's a great fear that my presence is perceived when I don't want it, and finding myself living in reality. It exhausts me to hold onto a sense of presence. I have two sides of me, “me in reality” and “me in my world”, and it is painful to switch between them violently.

We, who were originally the same, changed and only I was left in the same state as before. I don't want to lose or change what I have now, but staying the same keeps me away from people. It frightens me to see new sides (talents etc.) in people I already know. Then I desperately try to be like them, and when that doesn't work, I feel overwhelmed by the loneliness of being left behind. And it reproaches me for not being perfect like everyone else.
That I really am the only one. I want to have a different identity than most, but it still makes me feel lonely and tormented when there is no one like me.
Though it sounds strange, I'm quite afraid of something being generated from myself. I want to have my favorites, to express my everything as my favorites, not to have something of my own secondarily. I find comfort in identifying with my favorites. As long as I'm any different from them, I feel isolated all the time.

And in reality, I fear being left out the most! I never want to see the outside time passing by, leaving me behind as if there is an insurmountable wall between me and others.
Whenever I interact with people, I'm always afraid of being rejected or losing existing relationships. If I hurt people, I'll be rejected, so I have to accept them kindly. If I make a mistake I'll be rejected, so I have to be right all the time. Such thoughts haunt me whenever I'm involved with someone, and they show up in my tense demeanor.
(bold mine) I think you should consider 9w1 rather than 9w8. I know that Japan has a high-context culture, but even considering this... you're not um, very openly rebellious? You seem more concerned for seeking rightness rather than making sure it's administered.

"Ones feel they need to rationalize their punitive activities. Eights do not. For unhealthy Eights, administering justice is simply meting out vengeance. "

Since I'm just staring at this post, I think I'll end it here for now. I might have a bit to say about #18, but I'll need to think more on it. Your understanding of scoionics is much past mine and I don't think I wrote very coherently. Eh. I just wanted to say hi. Ello.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for all your answers!

I believe ISFJ fits you best, but I'll put a brief description of each SF type (taken from the MBTI Manual) so you can correct me if my assessment is incorrect :)
i think you are an ISFJ. i feel like your Si is very prominent. you also said that you prefer predictability & you tend to be mostly present because you never know what would happen in the future that's why you don't like planning, which might indicate inferior Ne.
Right now I'm considering ISFJ as the most likely type.

I think INFP as a ni dom user I can say that
If you don't mind, could you tell me where you saw strong Ne? (I think my Ne is weak. I usually don't tend to think of multiple options.)

you're also a 9, with very obvious 4 fix too. so i think your tritype fits, 947 it is. i think 9w1 fits you more compared to 9w8. 9w1 tends to be more idealistic and more self-critical, and would want to do things morally right. 9w8s are more assertive, and in the questionnaire you seem to please people a lot and prioritise others more.

for instinctual variants, I don't think you are an sp9. i think you are either an so9 or an sx9. you seem to want to belong and be united with everyone. for sx9... idk. do you merge with others' opinions, desires, and wants, then forget your own desires and prefer to go along with the people you are close with? or you might haven't found that person yet. i think sx9 > so9.
I think you should consider 9w1 rather than 9w8. I know that Japan has a high-context culture, but even considering this... you're not um, very openly rebellious? You seem more concerned for seeking rightness rather than making sure it's administered.
9w1. Disillusionment is itself an illusion. Since it is the one of your core type, it is the most difficult to see as such.
I appreciate any help with these! I think I lean towards 1 over 8.

Now for socionics, I'm considering EII, which is Se-polr because of weak Se enough to be overwhelmed when I'm forced. And my strong desire for true relationships fits Leading Fi. I've always valued intimacy and authenticity over superficially good relationships, which is better suited to Fi in socionics than MBTI.
I think my Fi is also strong in MBTI, but I feel that my Si is too strong rather than that.

Don't be confusing the need for social downtime with I. Don't also be confusing any of the introverted functions with I either.
But even with that in mind, I feel like I spend too much time in my inner world. It's both the outer world and the inner world that get tired if I stay there for a long time, so I'm not sure which one I prefer. However, I've found that what I feel most comfortable with is secondary to what I receive from the outside world. It makes me think of the possibility of being an introvert.
That's mostly what I explained in the docs. I definitely generate something like impression/vibes/atmospheres internally and prefer to focus mine instead of external ones. Sometimes I get so caught up in the initial state of what impresses me that I even lose sight of how it evolves now. Does this mean I'm Si-dom and not Se-dom?

You might prefer to explore the colors, the feel of the wind, or some other tangible possibility in that dream. Your dream becomes real to you.
Yeah, that's definitely what I'm trying to say.
I've gathered a lot of opinions on this in various places. And most people said mine is Si, not Se. According to them, Sensors seem to be sensory focused, whether Se or Si. Se is objective and directly perceives from outside. Si is subjective and immersed in impressions brought about by external stimuli. They said so. I'm more Si based on this.

Now how does it relate to the functions? When I first suggested to you to explore some of the subforums, you weren't very resistant to the idea. Why not? Not only that, you proceeded to participate in a manner that shows your observations, but you ask about the conclusions. In the end, you boiled down what you read, and pieced the concepts together. I think this is a clear display of Se-Ni.
It sounds reasonable. I can consider myself ESFP based on this.
However, at the same time, there is another point of view based on the information I have gathered so far. I've heard that prioritizing gathering information over judging applies to all of P-dom. And narrowing down information also sounds like a Judging attitude. How are these different?

Although, I don't fully consider myself an ISFJ. I think I have more Fi-Te than Fe-Ti. It leaves the possibility that I'm an ESFP. Nevertheless, I think I perceive Si in preference to Se. If there was a type like Si-dom/Fi-aux, it would be me. I'm sure I'm IS(F)/SiFi in Classic Jungian. But this doesn't fit any MBTI types completely, so I still can't decide if I'm ISFJ or ESFP. I'm confused because one way I can see myself as ISFJ and another way I can see myself as ESFP… Both seem to make sense…

·
Registered
INFP 6w5 629 sp/sx
2,688 Posts
Thank you for all your answers!

I appreciate any help with these! I think I lean towards 1 over 8.

Now for socionics, I'm considering EII, which is Se-polr because of weak Se enough to be overwhelmed when I'm forced. And my strong desire for true relationships fits Leading Fi. I've always valued intimacy and authenticity over superficially good relationships, which is better suited to Fi in socionics than MBTI.
I think my Fi is also strong in MBTI, but I feel that my Si is too strong rather than that.

But even with that in mind, I feel like I spend too much time in my inner world. It's both the outer world and the inner world that get tired if I stay there for a long time, so I'm not sure which one I prefer. However, I've found that what I feel most comfortable with is secondary to what I receive from the outside world. It makes me think of the possibility of being an introvert.
That's mostly what I explained in the docs. I definitely generate something like impression/vibes/atmospheres internally and prefer to focus mine instead of external ones. Sometimes I get so caught up in the initial state of what impresses me that I even lose sight of how it evolves now. Does this mean I'm Si-dom and not Se-dom?
The desire for true relationships is not only for Fi types, but the way they may go about getting them can be more direct. They might present their most "authentic" version of themselves, then hope this other person will accept them. Fe types might go about getting friends with a more "standard" way, as is usual when taking into account most people's feelings. I think as you think in this regard, your Fi is much stronger.

I think it would be better to consider first ISFP instead of ISFJ, because if you're going to fit into ISFJ then your thinking pattern should be similar to other ISFJs.

ISFJs aren't too common on PerC, but the ones in real life have tendencies towards control of what they know (manifests on how they stick to what's familiar and resilience when facing sensory-stressful situations) and a hesitancy towards ideas that are new to them. Try talking about abstract sciences with an ISFJ, usually difficult. You can also think about why artists can often be typed as ISFP.

Yeah, that's definitely what I'm trying to say.
I've gathered a lot of opinions on this in various places. And most people said mine is Si, not Se. According to them, Sensors seem to be sensory focused, whether Se or Si. Se is objective and directly perceives from outside. Si is subjective and immersed in impressions brought about by external stimuli. They said so. I'm more Si based on this.

It sounds reasonable. I can consider myself ESFP based on this.
However, at the same time, there is another point of view based on the information I have gathered so far. I've heard that prioritizing gathering information over judging applies to all of P-dom. And narrowing down information also sounds like a Judging attitude. How are these different?
Sorry, I used a shorthand. Si seems to be looking for information that they will eventually apply their judgment to come to a conclusion. I hear Jung sees it as a subjective introspective view towards sensation. I like to think of it as "organizing facts."

The different typology systems have different ways of defining the functions. I think you should stick to that seems the most accurate and applicable.

Is an S type immersed in impressions using their Se to explore and fill their feeling judgments? (Se to Fi) Or are they just precieving it? (Si)

You can also just observe humans. How many ISFPs are immersed in fantasy? What have they taken notice of? How many ISFJs are immersed in fantasy? Why?

Although, I don't fully consider myself an ISFJ. I think I have more Fi-Te than Fe-Ti. It leaves the possibility that I'm an ESFP. Nevertheless, I think I perceive Si in preference to Se. If there was a type like Si-dom/Fi-aux, it would be me. I'm sure I'm IS(F)/SiFi in Classic Jungian. But this doesn't fit any MBTI types completely, so I still can't decide if I'm ISFJ or ESFP. I'm confused because one way I can see myself as ISFJ and another way I can see myself as ESFP… Both seem to make sense…
Don't worry too much. :) You'll find your type eventually. You might even just keep it at SiFi if that fits you best. Personally, I think your past experiences have led you "introvert", but once you find people who you can open up to, I think you'll "change."

Apologies for the incoherence. I'm just typing from a phone in the Philippines. Didn't get around to responding to the second half of your post, but I did read it and considered it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts