Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am trying to find the type of my friend he is a musician. He is very much into his art he plays guitar, writes songs and he sings. Some characteristics of him.

- He feels that sometimes he isn't focused enough on his music and he thinks there are too many distractions that keep him from doing what he wants to do.
- He just wants to make music and experience life without the distractions that crop up.
- I think he is very extroverted, he is always doing things, going out with people. He travels into the city all the time. He likes company and he is always active. He goes to the beach, goes to clubs, getting out and biking or even traveling across state-lines to visit other cities around the area, he is very active and he does what he wants to do first and foremost regardless of consequences.
- He is very open, but he also feels like people don't really know who he truly is. I once said that I think I knew him quite well but he said that I didn't really know him at all and then listed some random facts that didn't really pertain to anything about his character (laughs).
- He says that he often goes into his own world when he is developing his music.
- He's not very concerned with money or practical matters too much although that causes him stress.
- He considers his music like breathing to him. It releases and inspires him.
- He becomes very bashful when people express affection towards him.
- His friends are his family to him

Enough to type? If not here are some lyrics to a song he wrote:

Walking as a shadow, forgot he had his own - got fenced into the weeds...
I tell you, you’re are too stubborn
Saw the world and once you came back...
You’re searching miles before your feet...
Sometimes it’s hard you just can’t believe...
Back home you work hard as you were once caught up in your dreams
I’m just spinning around, spinning around
Sometimes he jumps before its safe to land while telling him he is a boomerang...
Sometimes its hard you just can’t believe back home we were caught, caught up in our dreams....

Boomerang it’s caught, I’m just spinning around – spinning around -- Spinning around
The prison can’t hold you down, no the person cant’ hold you down.
You’re boomerang.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds ESFP or ISFP.

And I swear, I don't just think he's Se because of the 3rd point.
What are some tell tell outside differences between the two? I personally think he is more extroverted so ESFP could fit. I just want to know what the main differences are and how they could manifest outwardly.

·
Registered
521 Posts
What are some tell tell outside differences between the two? I personally think he is more extroverted so ESFP could fit. I just want to know what the main differences are and how they could manifest outwardly.
Sorry, I thought this one through for over a day and couldn't come up with much, somehow. Gonna call in some backup:

@fourtines
@Kayness

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
I agree with ESFP probably. He definitely sounds like an Fi type. I mean he could be ISFP. But if he ALWAYS wants company and is ALWAYS active, Se dom seems more likely.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think he uses Ti personally -- Ti comes across to me as very hard to follow, read or delve into personally as a Fi-dom. I need to know the fullness of the situation and Ti seems like impersonal sets of guidelines in logic almost like a check list of criteria or fact checking to me at times. With him it's sort of a this is what I think, this is what I feel thing and then I read threw the lines and connect with what I am reading.

I initially felt that we had a lot of likeness that's why the ESFP/ISFP and even to an extent ENFP comments didn't surprise me that much. ENTP is a bit harder though because I have an experience with an ENTP friend. I feel he is incredibly hard to pin down with plans and just in general he is kind of an enigma in regards to his emotional head space and the signals he puts out. I will often know something is happening with him but I won't know what and lord help me if I try.

With this friend while he is also hard to pin down he almost always responds even if it's hours later. He is very aware of others and will remember and react. I will text my ENTP friend and I know there is a 50/50 chance I won't get a response or I will get a sporadic/erratic one - with him face to face contact is needed to establish anything. Where as I will usually get a response from this friend even if it's just a "cool". He checks in more so to speak.

I could see Ne-randomness in him, he will shift topic quite quickly - but at the same time when he talks he seems a bit more grounded in explaining what he wants. When he talks about music it's straight forward in a way -- "I want to make it, it makes me feel alive" and this justification is more practical and straight forward where as I would imagine in conversation Ne would just jump all over the place and use an abstract metaphor that could mean 12 different things.

He's direct in what he wants or doesn't want and says that he has problems being blunt at times - he will often put a disclaimer saying that -- He doesn't seem willing to change at all but he does try to soften this. He is very interested in being him and doing what he wants to do. His conversations usually will have a theme. It's often something he has just gone threw or something that just happened to him. I remember having a conversation with him about relationships, travel experiences and life obligations and he always comments on things that just happened to him or will talk about the past and the way he felt about them then.

·
Banned
3,145 Posts
Sorry, I thought this one through for over a day and couldn't come up with much, somehow. Gonna call in some backup:
I agree with fourtines, IMO the wanderlust alone doesn't make one an Extrovert, but the fact that he seems to enjoy the company of people a lot/a lot of the time.

He says that he often goes into his own world when he is developing his music.
What you described here sounds a lot like flow, which doesn't seem to be specific to any particular type.

Reactions: Arrow and Stephen
1 - 8 of 8 Posts