Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I created them before I thought about what type they were, so they're almost like separate entities to me. And I suck at typing thus I thought I'd ask you guys.

Name: Katie
Personality: Very emotionally expressive -- definitely neurotic sometimes. Socially anxious; she hates being alone because her feelings become too much for her to deal with if she's left to analyze them, but she's too shy/has too little self-confidence to assume most people want to speak to her, so she mainly sticks to speaking with people she trusts actually likes her company. Because of her nervousness, she has few friends. She's not typically motivated to work on any projects unless she's working with other people, or working on something she can soon share with others.

Once known, her humor can be sarcastic because she has strong opinions about things and gets so passionate that she sometimes forgets other people's opinions may differ. She's the type to say what's on her mind first and then really think about what she's said after, solely out of her impulsive tendencies.

Hobbies/interests: she has many right-brained hobbies and interests such as singing, discussing and debating philosophical concepts, writing, charity work, watching and discussing films, etc. She's still figuring out what she wants to do in life, but she knows she wants to help others in some way and is all about trying to uplift people's spirits.

Story: She moved to a small town a few years before the story takes place, and because of her anxiety, she struggled to meet new people. The first chapter in the story takes place with her exiting a bedroom at a house party where she leaves a random guy she just messed around with while on hard drugs. She met him through the only friend she had at the party, a girl named Christine. Readers find out that she did this because she was recently diagnosed with depression and bipolar disorder by her therapist, and out of fear that she might end up like people she's known who were severely affected by these issues, she went out that night to try to get out of her head (unknowingly acting the same way those people she knows started out.) She leaves the room sad and confused and heads to the kitchen where no one else is. There she meets the deuteragonist, who I'll talk about next.

----------------

Name: Chris
Personality: Unlike Katie, he's much more emotionally reserved. He's not as people-oriented, either, but has little to no social anxiety and finds that he draws people to himself naturally whether he likes it or not. Quiet, polite, and mild-mannered. A lot of people tend to see him as a shoulder they can cry on. He doesn't seek out to listen to everyone's problems; they come to him naturally, and he helps out if he can. He doesn't really see any of those people as friends, however, nor does he really have any, and is considered more of a loner by most.

Thinks practically when it comes to life but is secretly constantly filled with an empty feeling and is also tired of the mundane. Feels his life has boiled down to nothing more complex than getting up, going to work and/or school, and going home every day. He hasn't gone to therapy but likely suffers from his own type of depression.

Hobbies/interests: Web design, fantasy/fiction movies and tv shows, electronic music, philosophy, reading, anime, manga, etc. He's presently in school to learn web and graphic design. Ideally he plans on a quiet life working on projects from home where he can relax in peace and solitude.

Story: He is newer to the area, and was invited to the same party as Katie having been invited by his friend Tom, in hopes of meeting someone who he finds truly interesting. As he's walking throughout the rooms of the house, making small talk with random people, he finds Katie sitting on a stool in the kitchen (after she leaves the bedroom) looking like she's about to pass out. Bored, he decides to approach her, thinking her being alone at a party for some reason sparks his curiosity more than anything else happening there. He casually walks in trying not to scare her and asks her if she needs any help. From there, they talk in the car on the way to her place about all different topics. She puts his number in his phone, and the chapter ends with him driving off once she's in safely, quietly making the decision to text her the next day.

----------------

Thank you in advance, if anyone decides to try their hand. :)

·
Banned
375 Posts
Katie ISFJ, Chris INTP

Not sure, but the description of Chris interests and behavior reminds me a lot of a real life friend who tests as INTP.
Katie is a wild guess on my part.

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for inputting :)

If I can, I'd like to have the characters broken down into functions. But if more information is required for that, I hope you guys'll let me know.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Thanks for inputting :)

If I can, I'd like to have the characters broken down into functions. But if more information is required for that, I hope you guys'll let me know.
I wouldn't be surprised, but I must ask, were these the personality types you thought they were before Mez suggested otherwise?

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wouldn't be surprised, but I must ask, were these the personality types you thought they were before Mez suggested otherwise?
I'm a little confused by the question. But if this answers it, I modeled Katie after myself (I'm 99% sure I'm an ESFP Enneagram 2. I don't know if that would actually make her one, though, because I'm guessing people might sometimes have a warped self-image, myself included) and I wasn't sure what Chris would be, besides just an introverted type.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I'm a little confused by the question. But if this answers it, I modeled Katie after myself (I'm 99% sure I'm an ESFP Enneagram 2. I don't know if that would actually make her one, though, because I'm guessing people might sometimes have a warped self-image, myself included) and I wasn't sure what Chris would be, besides just an introverted type.
Ah, I see. Katie, to me, came off like a shy ESFP, but the 2w3 nature explains quite a lot as to why someone would think she uses Fe. The only alternative I would take is ISFP, because of her impulsiveness.

Chris seems ENTP-ish to me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have Katie as an ISFP, and Chris as a bold INTP. But ESFP (some of the hard drug use and heavy reliance on sensory experiences could be Se-dom) and ENTP (his dom type seems extroverted Pi at times in the snippet) could also work.

There’s no other type these would be, at least from this snippet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts