Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is beauty? What is love?
It's in the eye of the beholder. Physical beauty anyway. The concept of what I find beautiful is a sort of awkwardness. Imperfection. Happy accidents. Things about people that don't necessarily stick out but are just different enough to incite imagination. Beyond that? Passion. Passion will always be attractive.

Love? Couldn't say. I think I'm a bit too inexperienced to have a valid opinion on this one. Perhaps though a self destructive and childish impulse albeit a very addicting one.​
What are your most important values?
Values? Loyalty. Loyalty above all else. Those with whom I consider myself close mean everything to me. The only fights I've ever been in have been on behalf of someone I care for. My personal sense of morals or ethics are very much a function of how close I feel I am to someone, or how I feel about them regardless of how they feel about me. At a close psychological distance, I tend to strive to be the idol of interpersonal perfection. Honest, kind, patient, selfless, respectful, entertaining, forgiving. The less I care for someone or the less they mean to me, the less I care about being virtuous. If I actually dislike someone, than historically I've not been above being a disrespectful selfish ass-hat, and feeling justified in doing so.​
Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
No. I try to be nice to others for the most part, in a sort of karmic sense. I was raised to make up my own mind concerning religion, I went to church occasionally but was never forced to worship, and the nonexistence of god was never advocated to me. I'm open minded for the most part. I suppose my own false idol would be one of patience and discipline. Virtues I've always seen lacking in myself, but strive for regardless.​
Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
Power is the absence of need. Power is freedom. Power is not having to resort to base actions. Power is not a function of physical strength. The truly powerful people don't need to resort to such a base manifestation. Power is intellect, wit, patience, social diplomacy. Having to resort to violence to get what you want makes you no better than an animal. Power is tact.​
What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
Anything and everything. I can have a long conversation with anyone about whatever they wish to talk about. It's never been hard for me. My interests? Theater, Comedy, Fitness, Philosophy, Reading, Writing, Psychology, Learning, Failing, Winning, Board Games, Video Games, Sci-Fi, Fantasy... My interests are many and varied, they generally are more a function of who I'm currently interacting with. If a close friend of mine is into hunting, then so am I. Because of this I have been exposed to a wide variety of things and tend to downplay my own role in my intellectual curiosity.​
Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
To a point. Someone once told me that you know enough about health when you can read the pop health advice and completely ignore it. I agree with that. I'm certainly not interested in the cutting edge (unproven/un-researched) health advice, but am more than willing to explain or discuss the basics of diet, anaerobic and aerobic exercise, body building, the role sleep can play in these areas, as well as mental as psychological issues. Not something that I go out of my way to bring up, but I'm not ignorant in these areas when the discussion arises.​
What do you think of daily chores?
The word chore carries the connotation of being obligated work. Work done out of necessity rather than choice. This question strikes me as irrelevant. Few people, if any, enjoy being obligated. If something must be done, then it must be done, personal sentiment regardless. From a philosophical stand-point it might be interesting to discuss the illusion of choice, and whether freedom from choice results in comfort, or the illusion of a false freedom does. In any case, poor question.​
Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
Movies

Now you See Me. I love heist movies. Enjoyed, This is the End. I like most movies really. Chick-Flicks and Heist movies are my favorites. I also enjoy movies with a moral though; Life of Pi, Secondhand Lions, Radio, ect. I really am not picky about movies, I even enjoy crappy movies. I don't really care for the political thriller genre.

Books

I dislike horror stories that aren't grounded in reality. The devil coming up from hell to murder some people isn't very interesting to me. I'll take a good ol' fashioned psychotic killer to impractical demons any-day. I do enjoy fantasy and demons and whatnot when it's not trying to illicit an emotional response from me. My favorite book of all time is Candide by Voltaire. I'm currently reading "A Christmas Carol", and "The Unbearable Lightness of Being" both are interesting in their own way and I am enjoying them a lot. My other favorites include: Ender's Game, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, A Brave New World, and Villain's by Necessity.

Plays

I love theater of the absurd, Beckett and Stoppard take the cake in that regard. Endgame is my favorite play.​
What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
The thought of losing those few close to me has always been depressing to me. The thought of losing myself as well. Hopelessness is something that seldom crosses my mind, but I'm not immune to its pangs. In a lot of ways the people who mean something to, define who I am. Losing myself means I have lost them in a sense, failed them even, and losing them means I don't exist. People being themselves around me, feeling comfortable, has always made me happy. A well executed project or plan is certainly an uplifting sensation. Depends on my mood really.​
Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
Spending time working on something or completing some project with or for people I care for. Environment regardless.​
What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
My weakness is my impulsive nature. I have upset those around me by switching my plans or some task at a moments notice. I tend to be plagued by self-doubt at times not that this is readily apparent to anyone. I tend to lack discipline at times. My emotions can very easily cloud my judgment, and my judgment can cloud my emotions. I'm too arrogant to strongly dislike any aspect of myself, though I do wish I could more readily see the trees for the forest.​
What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
I am adept at leading, directing, and managing others towards an end. I've been called on to discern the work ethic and character of others. My own impeccable work ethic has been praised. I can have a completely non-judgmental personality that allows me to understand, relate to, and empathize with almost anyone when necessary. I can and have had to often mitigate most interpersonal conflict. I'm generally affable, welcoming, and gregarious. I most like my ability to find almost anyone interesting. I love hearing the stories of others, what makes them the way they are, what shaped them.​
In what areas of your life would you like help?
Organization, budgeting, day to day clerical tasks. I generally prefer to have some sort of mentor in any area of interest. At this very moment I most desire to have a close relationship with someone who is adept at writing.​
Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
-​
What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
I like patient people, I like people who can be themselves, I love honesty. People who feel free to disagree with me and not have it be a comment on our relationship are excellent for me to spend time with. I enjoy being around people who are more even tempered than not concerning me though care less if they are explosive around or about others. I like being pushed, and enjoy competition. I have a hard time relating to people who aren't able to be honest with themselves about their own actions.​
How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
Honestly? I have no idea what the future holds for me in this regard. What I've learned from the past though is that in order for me to be successful in having a romantic relationship with another person I must have unwavering respect for their point of view and intellect. Someone who is able to not take my volatile emotional world too seriously is important and is themselves even tempered.​
A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
Depends on the friend and how they make the claim as well as the mood I'm in.​
How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
I choose my friends with little rhyme or reason. How I behave around them is a matter of what the norm is for our relationship and how I feel. I can be positively giddy and upbeat around some people, and intellectual and quiet around others. To that end, I tend to spend time with friends who are in line with how I feel. If I am bubbly then I will generally try to spend time with my other more bubbly friends, or friends who I know will be receptive of such behavior. For this reason I enjoy people who are mostly even tempered because then I don't have to worry about how my behavior will affect them and can spend time with them regardless of how I personally feel or what mood I'm in. I'm less affected by how my friends feel, despite being aware of the fact that how I feel can affect them.​
How do you behave around strangers?
With affable integrity and respect if it's someone I'm being directly introduced to. As for being in public with strangers around me, that I have no intention, desire, or plans to make direct contact with, I generally will behave however I please. I can be downright boisterous and lewd at times.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I remember you from another forum. You started posting just after I left, but I would still read the forum then.

IEE.
*chuckles* Damn shame I just missed ya then, you seem like someone worth talking to. I am active (or have been) on a few other forums under the same name. I'm interested in what seems Ne leading about my description to you though. Also, what themes do you personally typically expect to see in Se leading types self descriptions? How do you discern Si values?

·
Registered
994 Posts
*chuckles* Damn shame I just missed ya then, you seem like someone worth talking to. I am active (or have been) on a few other forums under the same name. I'm interested in what seems Ne leading about my description to you though. Also, what themes do you personally typically expect to see in Se leading types self descriptions? How do you discern Si values?
Ne leading? Well in your description you seem rather open minded and chilled out when it comes to life. I typically asociate Se lead with speaking of things such as acheiving goals, having enough willpower, competition etc. You, on the other hand, seem somewhat detached from these concerns. I would say Fi creative as well because unlike ILE you dont have a technical approach to understanding systems, nor do you seem to care about systems unless they affect you personally(like...typology?).

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Typhon

Fairly spot on when it comes to systems, I decidedly don't approach things from a technical point of view. I generally approach things conceptually first and foremost. You are correct in that I tend to be indifferent towards most systematic views that don't effect me personally. I would be interested in having the discussion of limiting possibilities regarding systems (I.E. Systems are only worthwhile if they effect me personally) vs. expanding possibilities (Systems may effect me and so are worth understanding).

The difference between the two examples being which came first; being incited then attempting to use a system like typology to understand the incident or being attracted to typology because of the novel understanding it may offer in interpersonal relationships.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Fairly spot on when it comes to systems, I decidedly don't approach things from a technical point of view. I generally approach things conceptually first and foremost. You are correct in that I tend to be indifferent towards most systematic views that don't effect me personally. I would be interested in having the discussion of limiting possibilities regarding systems (I.E. Systems are only worthwhile if they effect me personally) vs. expanding possibilities (Systems may effect me and so are worth understanding).

The difference between the two examples being which came first; being incited then attempting to use a system like typology to understand the incident or being attracted to typology because of the novel understanding it may offer in interpersonal relationships.
Im not 100 percent sure I understand, but I think what you're saying is youd like to understand why you're into typology, not sure how what you're saying pertains to socionics but then again not everything has to pertain to socionics. The way I experience Ti is as a breaking down of walls and expansion of possibilities as to what my next action could be, whereas Te always seems like someone putting a wall in front of me, barring my passage. Te always barrs my passage for the sake of protecting me from folly, Ti wants to give me access to new possibilities, even if I dont always use them wisely.

Do you experience something similar?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Typhon

Actually, I am very aware of why I ventured into the realm of socionics. Rather what I was getting at was that my mere involvement in socionics says less about my type than does the reason why I care about it at all. Essentially the discussion I was alluding to, perhaps in an inadvertently tenuous way, was what sort of reasons would imply a certain value regarding extroverted or introverted intuition. Introverted intuition valuing would more readily imply having a specific problem needing a specific answer and attempting to find that answer in the realm of typology, while extroverted intuition lends itself to novel curiosity with the possibility of expansive application.

Of course we all have our reasons and there may be some discrepancy involving my somewhat rudimentary explanation, but it's an interesting avenue of discussion nonetheless

As far as experiencing something similar, I suppose it's not entirely uncommon for someone to view the IM elements they don't value as restrictive and the ones they do as facilitative. Such an implication is the basis of inter-type relationships. Could you perhaps relate an experience where you felt Te was restrictive or Ti was facilitative?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Actually, I am very aware of why I ventured into the realm of socionics. Rather what I was getting at was that my mere involvement in socionics says less about my type than does the reason why I care about it at all. Essentially the discussion I was alluding to, perhaps in an inadvertently tenuous way, was what sort of reasons would imply a certain value regarding extroverted or introverted intuition. Introverted intuition valuing would more readily imply having a specific problem needing a specific answer and attempting to find that answer in the realm of typology, while extroverted intuition lends itself to novel curiosity with the possibility of expansive application.
If thats the case, I have ventured into the realm of typology for reasons related to Ne and not Ni. So Im not sure I agree here; I think both Ne and Ni can be rather unpragmatic in terms of the information they seek out. I see Ni as seeing hidden trends that noone else necessarily notices, since it is subjective the trends(for example regarding how a situation will develop) are not necessarily seen by anyone other than the Ni user, thats why Ni often seems "prophetic". Ne sees similar information regarding trends except with Ne it is externalized through discussion. That isnt to say everyone sees these trends but they are developped via extrenal dialogue rather than through internal observation. That, at least, is my current understanding.

As far as experiencing something similar, I suppose it's not entirely uncommon for someone to view the IM elements they don't value as restrictive and the ones they do as facilitative. Such an implication is the basis of inter-type relationships. Could you perhaps relate an experience where you felt Te was restrictive or Ti was facilitative?
Yeah I figured it was due to functional preference, you are right here. An example is when my dad (Te-ILI) warns me about not going too fast into situations for fear of certain dangers. I think hes right about the dangers, but this inhibits me from acting, and instead of solving the problem related to said danger, I get discouraged and give up on my idea. Which is why I never consult with my dad anymore...he has wise advice but its too restrictive. Yes, he and I have a poor relationship, simply because we reject each others mutual advice. An example of Ti would be getting information about how something works and then acting on that information, whether wise or not. This happens sporadically. Like right now I accidentally discovered via youtube a synthesizer that looks cool, I have the information regarding the brand and model if I want to order it( I just dont have the money :p).

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@Typhon

Yeah, I'm not very happy with they way I described the Ne perspective of expansive application. It leaves something to be desired specifically the word 'application' is bugging me, since application implies practicality which could very well be completely irrelevant to some Alpha types. Expansive possibility is more accurate, as that is Ne but seems to vague. I'll have to refine this example eventually.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Yeah, I'm not very happy with they way I described the Ne perspective of expansive application. It leaves something to be desired specifically the word 'application' is bugging me, since application implies practicality which could very well be completely irrelevant to some Alpha types. Expansive possibility is more accurate, as that is Ne but seems to vague. I'll have to refine this example eventually.
Ne is indeed expansive in the realm of ideas, whereas Ni tends to ruminate the same ideas over and over again obsessively which is why it is associated with staying true to a system of belief, whereas Ne is associated with lighthearted exploration.

Btw, what is your self-typing atm?

·
Registered
INTP / LII
1,312 Posts
I remember you from another forum. You started posting just after I left, but I would still read the forum then.

IEE.
agreed

What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
I like patient people, I like people who can be themselves, I love honesty. People who feel free to disagree with me and not have it be a comment on our relationship are excellent for me to spend time with. I enjoy being around people who are more even tempered than not concerning me though care less if they are explosive around or about others. I like being pushed, and enjoy competition. I have a hard time relating to people who aren't able to be honest with themselves about their own actions.
Duality Misconception: Ne-ego are biased @Se, both Pe Elements don´t want to be restrained. Extraverted Sensing is labelled as volitional Sensing which also apply for Extraverted iNtuition that way.

Trust and understanding are big to the ESFp. They never try to judge people’s feelings or criticize them, but dishonesty is something that they won’t tolerate. ESFps may not show praise outright or shower people with excessive attention, but they believe more in feelings being understood, and want people to respect a general, moral code. They sometimes show appreciation very subtly; either confusing some people or making them feel accepted. ESFps don’t like to invade other people, so they go ahead in approaching their feelings cautiously.
Take a look at this Description with this corrected view on it:
Socionics - the16types.info - Duality Relations INTp and ESFp by Stratiyevskaya

How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
I choose my friends with little rhyme or reason. How I behave around them is a matter of what the norm is for our relationship and how I feel. I can be positively giddy and upbeat around some people, and intellectual and quiet around others.​

leading Extraverted iNtuition

To that end, I tend to spend time with friends who are in line with how I feel.
introverted Ethics
If I am bubbly then I will generally try to spend time with my other more bubbly friends, or friends who I know will be receptive of such behavior. For this reason I enjoy people who are mostly even tempered because then I don't have to worry about how my behavior will affect them and can spend time with them regardless of how I personally feel or what mood I'm in. I'm less affected by how my friends feel, despite being aware of the fact that how I feel can affect them.
NeFi all the way
How do you behave around strangers?
With affable integrity and respect if it's someone I'm being directly introduced to. As for being in public with strangers around me, that I have no intention, desire, or plans to make direct contact with, I generally will behave however I please. I can be downright boisterous and lewd at times.
Totally F>T

The answers are screaming ENFp

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@Zero11

What are Pe elements? Volitional sensing/intuition? If this is socionics terminology I've not heard it before. Regarding honesty, I'm not entirely certain that's type related or rather I don't understand how it's strictly related to one aspect (or a certain aspect) of socionics. I assume few people have ever filled out a questionnaire and cited how much they enjoy being around people who are deceitful to them, regardless of their type. Who is @firedell? I'm not sure what part of the SEE description I'm supposed to be paying attention to, the notes at the bottom of the page?

·
Registered
INTP / LII
1,312 Posts
@JWC3

Pe is Perception Extraverted = this would be the Ep Temperament with leading Se or Ne. And its just a Socionics Article posted by firedell so I don´t get why you @ her name here? I highlighted the Crucial part and I know that it seems too easy but thats how it comes out so its head on.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
*bows profusely* My apologies ma'am, I had no idea. Please, I beg forgiveness of you and promise nothing but respect in future interactions.
While the opening message seemed to indicate ENFp, I'm kind of getting an ENTj vibe from your style. Very factual. Intuitive obviously. My argument for ENTj is a strange one though. It seems that your Fe is very formulaic and calculated demonstrating that you are using it consciously but it's not your primary or even auxiliary function. You know, the way ENTj's use it. Salesman smiles and polite bows. Yeah, I get that image from you.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You actually made some interesting observations there. Some that I'm inclined to believe are correct. However, I'm not one to let you get away with hiding behind the rationale of "because it's obvious". Explain what makes me seem intuitive, bonus points for discerning between Ne (IEE) and Ni (LIE).

As a side note, I did used to be in sales. I've generally set records for performance in most sales positions I've held. God I hate it though, and while there are plenty of sales jobs for literally anyone who wants them, I only resort to sales when I absolutely must.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
What are Pe elements? Volitional sensing/intuition? If this is socionics terminology I've not heard it before. Regarding honesty, I'm not entirely certain that's type related or rather I don't understand how it's strictly related to one aspect (or a certain aspect) of socionics. I assume few people have ever filled out a questionnaire and cited how much they enjoy being around people who are deceitful to them, regardless of their type.
Haha, yeah.

Btw I'm not big on typing but if a gun was being held to my head I would say F type works for you. :) Not sure if Fi or Fe though.

Just to add to this thread... not much I know, sorry.

1 - 20 of 135 Posts