Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, everyone. :happy:

There's a type that I test regularly as, but I'm choosing not to name it in the interest of keeping your responses unbiased. Unfortunately, the thread title has already steered you away from 8 types, but please don't let that stop you from typing me as a J, if you feel the urge. Or you could decide this is a boring topic altogether and whisk me away, via bus, to a website about baby animals, but I'd eventually get restless--the question remaining unsettled--and hitchhike back here.

• I'm very imaginative. I like to come up with ideas and scenarios spontaneously. I also like metaphors.
  • I play several instruments, but it's not a natural skill for me.
  • I change my mind a lot.
  • I'm usually lazy, but when I'm into something, I'll lose sleep to work on it.
  • I love delicious food, a beautiful sky, and a sunny beach, but I also get bored rapidly and my mind begins to wander.
  • I am easily distracted ... and forgetful ... and always losing things and losing track of what I was saying.
  • I am romantically inattentive. Unless it's a great fit, it's hard for me to give other people the amount of attention they want.
  • But I am a romantic, at heart.
  • I am indecisive, but also rigid about my opinions unless I'm given sufficient evidence to refute them.
  • I feel bad about myself when I make a dumb, careless mistake and get called out on it, but I try not to show how much it bothers me. Then I try to learn from it.
  • Things can hurt intensely when they happen, but then the hurt disappears as if it never existed. I think I could recover completely from losing any person on the planet ... no matter how much it hurts at first.
  • I am very accepting of people.
  • However, I also think I like people more in theory than in practice.
  • I can be incredibly outgoing one moment but withdrawn the next. Neither of these states feels unnatural.
  • I want to make a work of art that resonates with people and helps them the way art has helped me (I'm using the word "art" broadly ... I don't mean paintings).
  • I'm extremely uncoordinated.
  • I love film and theatre.
  • I don't like being told what to do. And even when I'm not trying to, I have a way of saying things that can lead to me getting what I want. I make a lot of excuses. I have to be careful about what I say, because I don't want to unintentionally manipulate people.
  • I don't like to say things I don't mean. But I often feel like I only mean things for five minutes (with the exception of the opinions I mentioned above). At my lowest, I feel completely unreliable.
  • I jump into a lot of things without seeing them through to completion.
  • I hate doing the same things over and over again. Repetition makes me feel like a zombie.
  • My sense of humor is a bit dark. Some people find it unnerving.
  • I hate to compromise.
  • I secretly want my idea to be the best one.
  • I don't have a temper.
  • I'm not religious. I'm not spiritual. I don't belive in astrology. I'm an atheist. I don't believe anything happens "for a reason."
  • I can't get enough of cute things ... puppies, cartoons, bowties shaped like moustaches, etc.
  • I mostly read nonfiction ... but the right novel can totally alter my point of view.
  • I'm disgusted by a lack of integrity. I don't care what a person values ... but if I see them spouting off stuff they don't mean, it makes me lose respect for their opinions.
  • I get rant-y on the topic of conformity.
  • Is this enough to type me, or do you need more bullet points? :tongue:

·
Banned
166 Posts
Either INFP or ENFP, both seem to fit and you didn't really precise those letters :shocked:
You don't seem like a hardcore INFP and I would go for ENFP. But I may be biased =(

However you better be ENFP cuz I secretly want my idea to be the best one too :D
buts thats not a secret anymore =(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
However you better be ENFP cuz I secretly want my idea to be the best one too :D
buts thats not a secret anymore =(
:crazy:

I'll cover this forum with a blanket so no one will find out. They'll just stroll on by, while the secret whistles innocently. When someone gets curious about where all of the whistling is coming from, they'll lift the blanket ... but instead of the secret, they'll see the knight we've hired to guard it: Sir Hypnotizing Thingamajiggy! He will make the person think that secrets don't hide under blankets and that unicorn-pegasi are real. While that snooper is off looking for some to photograph so he can get tons of trophies for Master Photographer of Imaginary Things That Aren't As Imaginary As You Assumed, we will put the secret in a penguin costume and flee to Mexico! There, penguins are a cool pet to have.

Unlike Antarctica. Freakin' penguin-saturated Antarctica!

·
Registered
122 Posts
There's a type that I test regularly as, but I'm choosing not to name it in the interest of keeping your responses unbiased.
I would imagine that type is ENFP, since you seem to be ENFP. :)

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
You like metaphors... this must mean you like interpreting things you see.

A lot of what you talk about seems related to what you value and what you do for yourself as well as for other people. Consider the cognitive functions Ne and Fi. In other words, you seem like an XNFP to me.

Do you feel more drawn to your inner world or to the world around you? Where would you rather be?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Well you started talking about baby animals and buses and blankets and penguins so I think you are really Ne dominant - ENXP:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would imagine that type is ENFP, since you seem to be ENFP. :)
Surprise-surprise ... it's not! :shocked: But the type I repeatedly test as is very similar to ENFP (only one letter off).

However, I've begun to question this result ... hence, this thread. I don't really trust test-taking to find reliable answers about human nature. People have too many squishy edges.

You like metaphors... this must mean you like interpreting things you see.

A lot of what you talk about seems related to what you value and what you do for yourself as well as for other people. Consider the cognitive functions Ne and Fi. In other words, you seem like an XNFP to me.

Do you feel more drawn to your inner world or to the world around you? Where would you rather be?
I go inward when I need to figure things out. It's not fun for me to spend too much time there, however, because it gets lonely. I have to do it though, because if I didn't figure out what's important to me, square up my philosophies, evaluate my behavior, decide what it (the big "It") all means ... I'd probably go insane.

I like sharing my world with other people. Ideally, everything I imagine would become real ... instantly ... without work. :crazy:

Definitely ENFP
Your userpic rules! (and I think the guy on the upper left is cheating)

Well you started talking about baby animals and buses and blankets and penguins so I think you are really Ne dominant - ENXP:)
Okay ... I'm starting to think I might be an ENFP.

Is there a surefire way to tell? If I check my scalp, will I find a bunny-shaped birthmark? :tongue:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
can you elaborate on the testing of the water please
1. Catch several flies and one spider.

2. Get the flies to drink the water. If advertising doesn't work, try legislation.

3. Trap them in a restricted area with the spider.

4. Wait.

5. Wait.

6. I could have used one step for that, couldn't I?

7. Take a swing at the spider. They get very bite-y when drunk off fly juice.

8. Once bitten, take a nap.

9. If you wake up covered in web ejaculate, the water was radioactive.

There might be a faster way to find out, but I certainly wouldn't know.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
istp?

infp?

intp?

·
Registered
438 Posts
1. Catch several flies and one spider.

2. Get the flies to drink the water. If advertising doesn't work, try legislation.

3. Trap them in a restricted area with the spider.

4. Wait.

5. Wait.

6. I could have used one step for that, couldn't I?

7. Take a swing at the spider. They get very bite-y when drunk off fly juice.

8. Once bitten, take a nap.

9. If you wake up covered in web ejaculate, the water was radioactive.

There might be a faster way to find out, but I certainly wouldn't know.
Yeah, funny as fuck, good on ya!!!!. I thought you were talking about my piss.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Are you an ISFP?

Possibly! :laughing: It's one of the types I'm considering. When I'm sad, reaching for an instrument makes me feel better than talking about how I feel.

And I've heard that they're some of the most outgoing introverts.

And I identify with this:
[ISFP's] impulses yearn to be free, and are often loosed when others least expect it. The ISFP who continually represses these impulses feels 'dead inside' and may eventually cut and run.

The things that throw me off are that I'm quite clumsy, I like to philosophize, and I have a tendency to go into nutty, fantasy mode. :crazy:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
The plot thickens! :crazy:
(and if you feel dead, you might want to have your water tested for radioactive bands of yellow ... those always make me feel a bit peaked)
See, my non-Ne brain would never have drawn a connection from a 'dead' mood to a 'dead' skeleton fish to bands of yellow on blue background equaling water with radioactive stuff in it! I don't know how you can not be Ne dominant:p

·
Registered
438 Posts
See, my non-Ne brain would never have drawn a connection from a 'dead' mood to a 'dead' skeleton fish to bands of yellow on blue background equaling water with radioactive stuff in it! I don't know how you can not be Ne dominant:p
Oh oky doke, You pointed something out to me. Right

1 - 20 of 40 Posts